DMF from ACT

Hello,
I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export
the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel).
However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database.
Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this.
It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and
really don't find it.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data
Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated
with migrating to MS CRM.

--
Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC
The Norwich Group

"Hans_DWC" <Hans_DWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export
> the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel).
> However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database.
> Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this.
> It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this
> and
> really don't find it.

0
Anne
9/14/2006 1:58:48 AM
one option is to look at tools from www.scribesoft.com
Their tools have the ability to import from act to CRM. This tool is far
easier to use than the DMF. If oyu get stuck with this one however you will
need to find a partner to help you with the import.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft

"Hans_DWC" <Hans_DWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export
> the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel).
> However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database.
> Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this.
> It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this
> and
> really don't find it.

0
John

Outlook acts like I am recurring meeting organizer even though I am NOT
I am invited to many recurring meetings. For some reason I have yet to determine, on some of these recurring meetings, Outlook treats me as though I am the organizer ("Cancel Meeting", "Send Update", "Add or Remove Attendees") even though I did not schedule the meeting and the "Scheduling" tab shows the correct person as "Meeting Organizer" and me as "Required Attendee" like the others. This is especially annoying when I am invited to a recurring meeting and want to change my availability WITHOUT canceling someone else's meeti...

Combo Box Value that acts like multiple values
Hi there, I have a combo box [Combo30] on a form that triggers an event OnChange. The drop down lists different Party Rooms that we have at our facility. When one of the Rooms is selected, it runs a report based on a query that lists all upcoming parties in the room that is selected. In the query, the Party Room we selected is called: [Forms]![Party Transaction Selector]![Combo30] The Party Room names are stored as a value list. My question is, can we create a value that selects two rooms? That is, rather than running the report for "Red" and then "Blue", can we make on...

DMF : ???
Hi, I know this is a stupid question, but please understand... I need to import Contacts into the CDF_CRM database from a .txt file, but have no idea how to get this right, I have tried using the DTS in SQL, but my knowledge of SQL is very limited. I have already initialized the CDF_CRM... Please advise, even if its step for step... I need to understand this... Hi, Jefferson. It is possible to import contacts direktly via the browser application. There you can use a wizard which allows to import from a text-file. So if you don't have to use DMF for some reasons you didn't menti...

Question about DMF
Is the Data Migration Framework able to be used to update existing CRM records, or is it only for a one-time migration of initial data? Thanks, -Rick One time only. R. "Rick M" wrote: > Is the Data Migration Framework able to be used to update existing CRM > records, or is it only for a one-time migration of initial data? > > Thanks, > -Rick ...

sending bulk emails (in ACT, through OutlooK
Hello - I am trying to send a bulk mail piece via email, and was wondering if there was a way to avoid sending them individually. i would like to hit "send" and have them all go out, as opposed to having to hit "send" for each contact name. Does anyone have a tip? Many thanks in advance. Pete ...

Calendar Acting up Like...
Dear All, Rather interesting, well I think it is. A lady opens her boss calendar (as configured in her/his Outlook 2000 client) & creates Calendar appointments in her boss's Calendar. However, ever since the daylight savings kicked in, there's a funky issue with time going backwards or forward one hour if the daylight saving box is checked/unchecked either in the Outlook options or the system's clock. I've tried different combinations such as checking "Always use system calendar" and nothing. It's become a bit frustrating. Looks like it will be bett...

DMF Dataimport
Can anyone explain me how I can import Products with the DMF in MSCRM. ...

Who has switched from Goldmine/ACT to MS CRM
We are looking at moving from Goldmine to CRM mainly as we want to use one product and not have seperate systems for Sales and then Account Management.. Unfortunatly my sales team are complaining now that we have started to use the product on a few test accounts. Has anyone sucuessfully migrated and then used CRM to replace Goldmine or ACT and would be happy to share any insights. Many thanks Chris I migrated my last company from goldmine to crm. I did this last january so developed my own code to do the migration as the data migration framework was not available. The users would not go ...

Syncing Act and Outlook
I used to have a version of Outlook that had a drop down menu for syncing with ACT. The new version of Outlook 2003 does not have this drop down option. Does anyone know how ACT 6.0 can be easily synced with Outlook 2003. ...

How to use the DMF
How do one use the DMF for the crm ? ...

Act!
I want to use MS Outlook for all my emails but want the history of this activity to be saved to the record in Act!. This works when I use the Act! email fucntionality, but I get an error message when I try and utilize Outlook. CJ ...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

DMF from ACT
Hello, I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel). However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database. Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this. It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and really don't find it. Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated with migrating to MS CRM. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Gro...

MS CRM, ACT, salesforce? Please help.
Hello, I need a contact management solution, for single-person, small company use. I looked at Microsoft CRM, but I found it to be too advanced and too costly for my needs. I also investigated ACT and salesforce.com. I do not know which way to go. I can try ACT and salesforce, but I thought I post a message here, and see if any of you can give me advise on this. Thank you for any information you can give me. Talal Itani You could also try business contact manager. The newsgroup for that is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. This is designed for individual users but has an upgrade path to ...

Microsoft: Any update on Availablility of 3.0 DMF
Can anyone on the Microsoft CRM support team give us a good answer on when the CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework will be available to use with our new customers? This is really an bad issue. People want to get going on their new 3.0 purchases. -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM is its delaying you why not use scribe migrate? I know it costs money but a one time deployment license is not that expensive ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Dar...

DMF Problem ??
Hi, I have been trying to get some information across into MS CRM using the DMF, I seem to have cracked it with the exception that the data does not transfer across when running the data migration tool, I am using DTS package which is pulling data from a series of Excel spreadsheets and populating the CDF tables, It seems that the CDF tables are all loaded OK when the exception of the _info table and I can't seem to be able to get the tables to load. In the documentation it says that triggers are used to populate the _info tables ?? Any thoughts Regards Biffo Hi, Two area...

DMF and Accounts
Hi I am trying to migrate data from a Corrupted version of CRM 3.0 into CRM 3.0 I am using DMF I have done the following Initialise CDF populated cdf_Account with DTS I have checked that the triggers for the cdf tables ran correctly (There are records in cdf_account_ext , cdf_account_info) I check the license by opening deployment Manager it says I have license for 100000 users I can't assign the license to users though. I made sure all the cdf_account required fields are there (name , AccountID , OwningUserName) I have ran the CDF data Mapping wizard to map the users I have on...

Excel acting up
Has anyone experienced the following behavior in Excel Workbooks? We have developed a PM tool (an Excel Workbook using VBA macros) several years ago. This workbook is used as a template by 30 or so people; and working properly in excel 2003 & excel 2007 until maybe 2 weeks ago. About 2-3 weeks ago, one of the users sent a copy of this file to the office. It was behaving strangely...objects from other worksheets (dtpickers, formatted cells/ranges of cells) were painted over the active worksheet as we were working with it (persistent until scrolling down or minimize-maximize ...

Absolute cell reference acts like relative
I guess I don't understand absolute and relative cell references. I have a cell containing the following formula: =AVERAGE(C$13:C23) From what I read about cell references, the "C23" means that the average range will end on C23, but that if that cell is moved, the address will be updated to follow. Whereas, the "$13" means that the average function will always start on row 13 even if cell C13 is moved. I have a table of values each stored in a row. When I add a new row, I insert it just above row 13 so that row 13 becomes row 14. When I do that, the above formula c...

excel into act!
I have an excel sheet with 16,000 names, address, company names and various other information that I am trying to down load into ACT. When I convert the excel format into a delimited.txt file, the information tends to shift everywhich way. This causes only some of the information to appear in the correct fields once I do the data import into Act. Can anyone help? Thanks in excel, are you saving as CSV comma delimited? ...

Forms acting strange.
There may just be an option somewhere that I need to change, but I'm getting really strange behavior from all the forms in a database I'm trying to lock down. I tried using code in the on open event of a startup form to hide the ribbon, and it wouldn't work. I tried everything I could think of, and I know the event was firing, but for some reason Access refused to hide the ribbon. I built an empty, brand new database with a single form and a couple buttons to run the same code, and in that file the code worked perfectly. But if I pasted the entire startup form into an o...

ACT Import
Is there anyway to import ACT info (including notes) into Outlook 2003 or 2007? Only one of the conversion tools I'm aware of support Act so you would be limited to whatever format Act can export and Outlook can import. for example, if Act can export the notes in a CSV format, you should be able to map that field to outlook's notes field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly news...

DMF Help
Hi I'm trying to start using the DMF based on the mapping spreadsheets. They just do not seem that intuitive, clear or helpful. Has anyone found any decent resources that may help, or would Scribe make thing a lot easier? Thanks Chubbly Thanks Ronald I just seem to be stumbling at the 1st hurdle. I have entered test 2 records into the cdf_lead table just to try to establish what fields are required, but they do not migrate. Would that be because they need the related records in other entities to also be migrated, so in effect I cannot migrate 1 entity at a time. Thanks ...

Migrating data using DMF into custom entity
Hi, I have 3 custom entities to migrate in addition to a few system entities (accounts, contacts, tasks...). My custom entities are join to system entities. I wanted to migrate data using the DMF but I believe the data migration framework doesn't deal with custom entity. How can I migrate my data? Is it possible to change the DMF manually easily so I can insert my data? Can I use a dts package for these 3 additional tables? Do I have to develop something with the sdk from scratch? I can't understand why the DMF is not dealing with this custom entities... The CRM has all in the inf...

Create a rule that acts on received auto-forwarded messages
I'm looking for kind of the opposite of creating a rule to auto-forward emails. I want to create a rule that acts on RECEIVED auto-forwarded emails, but not any that were manually forwarded or replied to by the same person. E.g. Jim forwards me all emails with "blah" in the subject, and I want to move those auto forwards to my "Jim's auto-forwards" folder, but if he forwards me a message manually that says "blah" but he adds his own comments, I want it to stay in my inbox. alicorn2 wrote: > I'm looking for kind of the opposite of...