Displaying Text on a form

Hi folks,

You know the nice bright red warning message you get on the user screen "The
information provided in this form is viewable by the entire organisation".

I'd like to add something similar to the Contacts screen - is it possible to
do?

Thanks in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can you write this in a session in contact window?

"SarahD" wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> You know the nice bright red warning message you get on the user screen "The
> information provided in this form is viewable by the entire organisation".
>
> I'd like to add something similar to the Contacts screen - is it possible to
> do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Not in a supported manner.  However, in the case of the User info, there is
a true difference between the info as some of it is "hidden" from certain
users.  On the Contact, you either see the entire record or you don't, so
the warning seems uneeded.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"SarahD" <SarahD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi folks,

You know the nice bright red warning message you get on the user screen "The
information provided in this form is viewable by the entire organisation".

I'd like to add something similar to the Contacts screen - is it possible to
do?

Thanks in advance.

0
Matt
10/6/2005 5:49:15 AM
The warning I wanted was more to do with the data protection act and warning
that the customer could ask to see everything we held about them.

But to get back to the technical aspects - you're saying there's no
straightforward way to put a piece of boilerplate text on a form.

Ok - it'll have to be the old "fake field" fudge then.

Thanks,
Sarah.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Not in a supported manner.  However, in the case of the User info, there is
> a true difference between the info as some of it is "hidden" from certain
> users.  On the Contact, you either see the entire record or you don't, so
> the warning seems uneeded.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "SarahD" <SarahD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> You know the nice bright red warning message you get on the user screen "The
> information provided in this form is viewable by the entire organisation".
>
> I'd like to add something similar to the Contacts screen - is it possible to
> do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Another option, if you are comfotable with DHTML would be to put some
javascript code in the underlying aspx page that fires when the page loads.
You could find the right spot in the DOM to insert a new row and display
your message this way (though it's totally unsupported).

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Not in a supported manner.  However, in the case of the User info, there
is
> a true difference between the info as some of it is "hidden" from certain
> users.  On the Contact, you either see the entire record or you don't, so
> the warning seems uneeded.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "SarahD" <SarahD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> You know the nice bright red warning message you get on the user screen
"The
> information provided in this form is viewable by the entire organisation".
>
> I'd like to add something similar to the Contacts screen - is it possible
> do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Matt

Dual Displays

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

Folder could not be displayed

Converting Revisions to Text
I have two word files. I do a comparison of the two files. I would like to convert the comparison result into a file where the revisions are actual text and formatting. For example, I would like the deletions to become text with strikethrough, not text marked as a deletion displayed with a strikethough. I need this to export to another application. Is there any simple way to do this? ...

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Converting number to text

Stop displaying a line

Forms 06-20-07
Help Guys I have 2 textbox controls on a form The first textbox displays a Transaction Date from a table called sales Now I want the second box to show the Total count of products on that date and before am using the following expression =DCount("[ProductsCode]","Products","[DateIn]"<= "[Date]","Sales" where datein is a field inthe Products table that I want to use as reference for the counting What am I doing wrong and how can I get the total count of the products using the date textbox? I want when I select a date in the Date text...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

User Form when opening
I want to have a "OK or Cancel" type box with some text when I start my spreadsheet. I would like the box to be on worksheet 1 with the actual text on worksheet 2. When the user clicks "OK", it goes to worksheet 2, "Cancel" will close Excel. You can use form buttons and macros to accomplish this. 1.Right click on the toolbar and selects the forms toolbar. Click on "Button" and draw a button. When the dialog box comes up select record and then OK. 2.Go to sheet two and then hit the stop button. That button will now take you to that sheet ...

Retrieve Meeting Response Text Associated with an Appointment
How do I retrieve the text of meeting responses associated with an appointment? I have redeveloped a macro which produces a word document listing the meeting response status of invitees to an appointment. I would like, for those who declined, to include the body of the meeting response (ie., where the invitee has chosen to "Edit response before sending." While the Meeting Response Status is a Recipient property, the text of the response is not. Any ideas? I'm including the macro below: Public Sub PrintAttendees() ' Gather data from an opened appointment ...

Deleting custom forms in Outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000, I need to delete some custom forms. I have a QUE manual that says to go to Tools>Options>Other tab>AdvOptions>CustomForms>ManageForms, etc. but there is no Custom Forms button on my Outlook 2000. Is there some other way to delete these custom forms? Thank you. ...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

How To Have A Form Start With A Blank?
Access 2007 I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank form. How can I accomplish that? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! (B^>)-]=[ Put the following code in the OnLoad Event of the form DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec This will open the form in a state that is ready to enter a new record, but also allow you to search existing records. On 2/22/10 9:26 AM, WSR wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank > form. > > How can I accomplish that? > >...