Disabling/Hiding Reports

How can I hide reports from end users and/or what types of security options
are available in CRM 3.0 to manipulate report security based on teams or
groups authentication?

Thank you.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

To hide it from everyone, in CRM, choose the report, and then go to More
Actions / Edit Report.

Remove everything from the box labeled "Display In".  You will still be able
to get to it if you go to the category called Hidden Reports.

"Terry" wrote:

> How can I hide reports from end users and/or what types of security options
> are available in CRM 3.0 to manipulate report security based on teams or
> groups authentication?
>
> Thank you.

reporting even though a calculation made is dividing by zero
I have a report which initially opens a form to input a start and end date in for the report information. One of the calculated reports items is a % of bad rolls produced. My report opens; I input the dates and it then runs a query based on those dates. It takes the data (put into another form) with fields of "total rolls produced" and "off quality rolls" and divides the "off quality" by the "total" to give a % bad value. The report works great IF the "total rolls produced" is not zero. If we do not produce any rolls that day (due...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Installing Crystal Reports for MSCRM
Guys, Can any of you please tell me why when I try and install Crystal that came with the CRM disks it tells me i have version 9.2.0 currently installed and must upgrade to 9.2.2 before i can continue. When in actuallity i don't have a copy of either installed!!! I have tried on the CRM server it's self, my laptop, and a brand new desktop that isn't even on the network. Getting very frustrated now, is it something simple that i'm missing?? Kind regards and thanks in advance Ben Do NOT install Crystal Reports on your CRM server! You can very easily hose your Crystal se...

Standard Cost Variance Reporting
Create a series of SQL views that captures variances on closed or complete MO's. capture these MO by MO. Add data relating to the parent item from IV00101.This will enable us to write reports that summarise variances by period or by Item Class, Short Description or Generic Description. Create a second view that shows material variances by component on the MO. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not se...

Snakeing Sub Report
I have a members database with people divided into groups or categories etc. The report I am trying to do is have many columns at the group header level with only one field - the fullname of all those members in the detail section for that group. What I would like to have is this information is snaked through about 3 columns in this detail section. Is there any way of doing it? Could it be a macro? Except I cannot think how to go about it! In a sub-report you can have multiple columns but you must use across then down layout and not down then across. If that...

Paramater Report based on Combo Box and dealing with No Data
I have a paramater report that is based on a combo box (on unbound form that is called from Report's on open event, form value is used in Report's Record Source Query). This works great and I have no complaints about that. But what I want to do is the following: Have a MsgBox appear if no records are returned from the Record Source query and to close the report. I tried doing this in the No Data Event, but since I use a paramater form it doesn't work. Can someone help me determine the best place to run my code? Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response Msg = "There are no Activ...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

reporting capital gains
How do I get an investment accout to be included on the capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and i know you have to check something to tell it to be included but I can't seem to find it. appreciate any help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, tictoc wrote: >How do I get an investment accout to be included on the >capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and >i know you have to check something to tell it to be >included but I can't seem to find it. >appreciate any help. Viewing the Taxes->CapitalGains report, click Customize....

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Custom reports #3

Hiding A Field
I'm trying to have a field trigger another field's presence. I have a field that holds a Y or N. I need for when it show N to not show the field below it and otherwise to show all the fields. A screenshot of the undesired producct can be obtained from me if you have questions. On Feb 17, 3:15 pm, "Jim" <jim.be...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to have a field trigger another field's presence. I have a > field that holds a Y or N. I need for when it show N to not show the > field below it and otherwise to show all the fields. > > A screensho...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Looking for a Top Item report
I have donwloaded the Top Item report from customer source but have a hard time changing it to what I would need. Basically I am looking for a report that allows me selection by department, category, date range, plus the fields from the downloaded report. However when running the report I would like to have quantities and amounts totalled by department, category, item number (rather then showing the individual sales per transaction). Is anybody willing to share such a report? Gerd Gerd, Are you looking at the correct report? The one you downloaded gives you the info you are look...

Export query from access to and excel template to generate reports
Hi I would like to automate a report. How do I automate access to output a query to a specific excel template that will generate a report? I want this to be a one step process. ...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...