Disabled Users' Workflow activities

Hello friends,
Some CRM users have left the company and we disabled them. We changed the
workflows so that the tasks that were sent namely to them (as System Users)
go to the new recipients. But what can we do about the workflow rules and
sales processes that were initiated earlier? It seems that, when the
workflow is initiated it "copies" all steps and cannot refresh the
information until it is finished. As a result, when an activity is sent to a
disabled user, the whole workflow stops....
Do you confirm this? Is there anything I can do to "refresh" the worlflows
that are in the middle?

Thanks a lot,
Elena
Athens, Greece

0
SiEBEN
8/31/2004 10:27:27 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Storing a Per User Per Session Variable
Hello All is there a way to store a number, generated by a table autonumber when a user "logs in", into a VBA variable of some kind that i can call again when the user is about to exit? would that be more efficient than storing it in a text box on my main always open form? -- As always, any and all help appreciated! :) Storing it in a text box on an always open form is actually better, since public variables can get reset by errors. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "DawnTreader" <DawnTr...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Distinguish local versus domain user account?
Is there a definitive test for whether the current user on a machine is operating under a local account or a domain account? I can see numerous ways to infer such a distinction, but nothing (in the API realm) that directly tells you this unambiguously. I suppose the LOGONSERVER environment variable is a pretty good indication? But I tend not to trust e-vars, in particular with console utilities. And if I call NetUserGetInfo, the logon server always comes back "\\*" as opposed to the DC that I actually validated against. For a number of other reasons, I really don...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Microsoft CRM Server User Input
I am trying to install Microsoft 3.0 server professional edition on a machine running Windows 2003 server. When selecting the organizational unit I selected the top node domain name. However, the setup fails giving the following error: Microsoft CRM Server User Input Details: "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=MyDomain,DC=com." Any suggestions? Hello Nawar ...

Exchange Active Sync and Read Receipts
How does Windows Mobile/Exchange Active Sync handle read receipts? In news:699A4EA3-0975-422B-97C7-AA2E3D8EEC88@microsoft.com, Richard <Richard@no-spam.com> typed: > How does Windows Mobile/Exchange Active Sync handle read receipts? Read receipts are an Outlook thing, really - but I suspect it fires them when you read a a message on your handheld, since Outlook will then mark that message as read. Why not try it and find out? ...

Workflows that dont work
I have found that it if i am logged on as administrator who is not a user of CRM and create a Workflow rule, it will never run. However, If I log on as a CRM admin, reopen the rule, then save it, the workflow works everytime. So, when ever someone creates a workflow, calls me on the phone, I now tell them this first, it seems to fix the problem more often then not. More to the point, Microsoft will tell you every time that workflows should be created by a CRM administrator who is not in restricted access mode. "Dan white" wrote: > I have found that it if i am logged on a...

Adding multiple mailboxes for a user
I have a user account having access to all mailboxes in the organization. I am trying to add all the mailboxes (about 500 users) to the advanced settings, so that when I open Outlook I can view all the mailboxes. Is this possible through a script or some similar methods as it is so difficult to add 500 users manually. I run Exchange 2000 server with outlook 2000 clients. Please find below steps I used to accomplish this for smaller groups. I do this maually by going to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Mail> Exchange Server properties> Advanced setttings and I type in the name...

Custom Entitiy in a Service Activity Form
Good day, I was wondering if it is possible to have a referential relationship between a custom entity and a service activity. Is it posible to have this custom entity as a lookup field in the service activity form on the first tab. Thanking you in advance. Lebo MS CRM Representative Hi Lebo, you cannot add new relationships for activities entities. However, if you select checkbox Activities under Associated Entities section when defining a new entity then the new entity will be one of the valid choices in Regarding field on the service activity form. Hope it helps -- George Doubin...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Rado True Active Black Ceramic Day Mens Watch R27677162
Rado True Active Black Ceramic Day Mens Watch R27677162 Discount Watches Site : http://www.hotwatch.org/ Rado True Active Black Ceramic Day Mens Watch R27677162 Link : http://rado.hotwatch.org/rado-true-black-ceramic-watch-R27677162.html Rado True Active Black Ceramic Day Mens Watch R27677162 Information : Brand : Rado Watches ( http://rado.hotwatch.org/ ) Gender : Mens Code : rado-true-black-ceramic-watch-R27677162 Item Variations : Movement : Quartz Bezel : Fixed Case Material : Black Ceramic Case Diameter : 40 mm Dial Color : B...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Extender Notes active flag
I am new to Extender so please bear with me. I've added an Extender Notes window to the Vendor Maintenance window to allow these notes to be viewed as an Notes Inquiry on the Pay Trx entry window. Is there some way to flag the Vendor Maint. window that there is an Extender note attached to it? Similar to the way the standard Vendor notes show you? Thanks. I was able to replicate the issue and you will need a combination of Modifier and VBA to alert the user of a note: 1) You will want to modify the window in Modifier to add a control with an image (similar to that of the lookup bu...

Workflow to email prior Owner as well as current?
Hi all, Our sales folks are experiencing a "magic trick" with Accounts - that is, due to a fast-paced company environment, we often have accounts that "disappear" from one salesperson's ownership and get reassigned and "reappear" for the new salesperson to own. I can build the workflow to assign a new Account Owner when they are assigned to the account, but I also want to email the PREVIOUS owner that they lost the account. I've searched the MBS forum and also taken several swings myself, but no luck. Any suggestions for how I could email the pri...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Users do not show up in GAL.
Hello all. I have this strange problem that users who resides in some AD OU's do not show up in the GAL in outlook. But they DO show up when i do a preview of the GAL on the Exchange Server. More info. The GAL is in the 'ShowInAddressBook' attribute. When i create a custom address list with those users in it, this works fine. The problem only exists with the GAL. We have an exchange 2000 server, fully patched in an Windows 2000 AD. Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? Thank you very much for responding. Joeri I sometimes find that it takes a while for people to ap...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...