disabled contacts & reports

Hi folks,

I'm looking for confirmation that disabled contacts do not appear in CRM
reports pertaining to contacts.

Thanks,
Tim D

0
Tim
10/25/2004 8:34:18 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Unable to Save Contact Record with Fields Updated from Javascript
Hi, I have 4 fields in my contact form that get updated based on a user selection from picklists. The user selects a value from the picklist, and the onchange event calls a custom web service to retrieve those values and place them in the appropriate places. The web service has been tested through a web application and windows application and is working properly. The 4 fields are FullAddress (ntext), Phone, (nvarchar), Fax (nvarchar), E-mail Address (nvarchar - E-mail format). The Javascript code works properly and inserts the values into the controls. If I only change the Phone or Fa...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Notes Appears as second line in Contacts Grid
Using Outlook 2007, the Contacts Grid is displaying the notes field as both a column in the Grid and as a second line under each entry. The Notes entry on the second line ends with an <end> tag. I need to remove this second line from the Main Grid. How can this be done? you are using autopreview - disable it on the view menu -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook new...

Sending a group of contacts an email with attachment
Hi all, In Microsoft CRM 3.0 it is possible to sent one customer an e-mail and include an attachment by opening the customer and choose the option "sent e-mail". Unfortunately selecting a couple of contacts choosing "Direct e-mail", picking a template does not provide to add an attachment to the e-mail. Also using the quick campaign, creating an e-mail you cannot add an attachment to it. I have already read some workarounds like: - putting the file on a website and only sent a download link. - creating a template with an attachment by workflow? The first option wi...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? -- endoftheline Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine "endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com... > > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There > is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for > the calender, is th...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Business contact manager cannot be loaded....
Greetings,... I've got a problem with Business Contact Manager in Outlook XP 2003. When Outlook starts up it slows to a crawl and eventually displays a dialog box that says: "Business Contact Manager for Outlook database cannot be loaded. This action cannot be completed because Business Contact Manager cannot access the database. The database is currently stopped. Do you want to change the database configuration?" If I say yes, it gives two choices in the database wizard setup. First choice is to create a new database. This returns an answer of "database creation unsucces...

Paramater Report based on Combo Box and dealing with No Data
I have a paramater report that is based on a combo box (on unbound form that is called from Report's on open event, form value is used in Report's Record Source Query). This works great and I have no complaints about that. But what I want to do is the following: Have a MsgBox appear if no records are returned from the Record Source query and to close the report. I tried doing this in the No Data Event, but since I use a paramater form it doesn't work. Can someone help me determine the best place to run my code? Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response Msg = "There are no Activ...

RE: modifying Contact "lookup" form...
is there any way to modify the lookup form for contact so that middle name can be displayed? we have thousands of contacts in our system and when adding a contact to an opportunity, lookup can be very hard when search on a common name such as "smith, john". thanks in advance! sunish abraham In the current version it is not possible to modfy the look up dialogue box. However there is a way to solve your problem. The field that displays in the lookup form is the 'full name' and the system default is Last name, First name. If you go to settings and customisation in the co...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Contact list
Many of us have had problems with the contact list in Outlook. When choosing an address for the TO field, some of us can access a contact list or personal address book and some can't. Others have multiple contact lists showing - many of them blank - after exporting the contact list when Outlook didn't import the PAB as is should have. And we can't get rid of the blank ones - even when we delete them manually they still show up. Also, some people can sort their lists by first or last name right from the list box. Others have to set it to one or another but then Outlook reverts ...

recovering an outlook contact list/address book
A few weeks ago, my hard disk crashed and i had to replace it. I've been able to slave the bad one and copy most of the data from it. However, I'm having problems retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the old drive. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that the Windows XP username was password protected or not. Can someone help PLEASE? >However, I'm having problems >retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the >old drive. Define "having problems". What errors do you see? -- Brian Tillman Smith...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Contact cards
I use my address book a lot. Seeing that a few of my contacts have 3 or 4 cards (differents company, fonction, category...) The only thing that doesn't change is the address, fax number or phone (same on every card) So when I get a change I have to modifie all the cards. Do you know how to "link" the cards so the change is done automaticly? Thank in advance See if this is a workable solution for you; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/managegeneralcontactinfo.htm Just curious; why can't you combine all the info from the several cards into one card? -- Robert Sparnaai...

reporting capital gains
How do I get an investment accout to be included on the capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and i know you have to check something to tell it to be included but I can't seem to find it. appreciate any help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, tictoc wrote: >How do I get an investment accout to be included on the >capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and >i know you have to check something to tell it to be >included but I can't seem to find it. >appreciate any help. Viewing the Taxes->CapitalGains report, click Customize....

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Change font color in report
Hi, I have a form (titlepage) with a command button that prints a report (titlereport). The report has a text box that gets its data from a memo field in a table. I would like to add a drop-down box (fontcolor) on the form to allow the user to select the font color that would print in the report. Is this possible and of so what code do I need? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks, Phil Put your fontcolor drop-down box on your titlepage form. Make it unbound. Put the following code on the open event of the report: Me!NameOfMemoTextbox.fontcolor = Forms!TitlePage!Fontc...

Public Folder-Contact Item-Contact Links Broken
Running Small Business Server 2003 I'm sharing a Contact folder in Exchange public folders. The links in the Contacts 'field' in the contacts item don't work. I create two new contacts, then link them together. The links work. I close Outlook and open it again and the links don't work. Messages: Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. This problem has been around for over 6 months and is driving me nuts. If you have ANY ideas that I could pursue, please share them. I spoke to Microsoft and they said it...

Access report design
In Access 2007 - I'm using report wizard to create a basic report, then I want to move things around. I'm running into some frustrations changin the locations of labels. There seems to be a tight link between labels and the fields their associated with. In earlier versions of access, you could easily move things around, with labels independent of the fields. Can this still be done in Access 2007? How? Dana, This is by default, all controls are grouped. For ungrouping: - go to designview in the report - select one of the controls - in the upperleft corner of the l...

Bulk import of contacts
We are still in the process of importing/entering data into the system. I have a spreadsheet of clients which includes their name, contact details, company and position. I don't have any problem with the bulk import tool with the exception of importing the company. I realise this is slightly awkward as the company is entered as a lookup on the contact form. Is there any way to quick create a new account using the company name during a bulk import of contacts? Better yet, can you also check if the account already exists and if it does, link it through the look up, and if not, quick crea...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

how to change the default existing contacts order in outlook 2007
Dear All, I would like to change the default order of the existing contacts in my outlook 2007. last/first -> first/last i only can change the new contact but not the existing thx alot "er" <er@er.com> wrote in message news:A31C5C69-3A90-4B5A-AC98-C98151C57870@microsoft.com... > I would like to change the default order of the existing contacts in my > outlook 2007. > last/first -> first/last You need a thrid-party tool or you need to write your own code to do it. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp -- Brian...