Different questions

Hi,
All I have a few questions with regards to CRM in the financial vertical and
does anyone know of a partner who has specifically customzied CRM for the
financial secotr?
1.	Can configurable activity "result" codes be used to capture the result of
each sales step?
2.	Can configurable "Sales Stage" data fields be used to track where each
opportunity stands in the sales pipeline?
3.	Does the system have functionality that will allow the planning and
tracking of investor roadshows inc.  Timings, clients seen, comment,
success/outcomes?
4.	Can (and how) the system be used to track investor subscriptions to an
IPO/transaction?
5.	Are group/shared calenders available for the purposes of collating
information on various clients;  e.g. roadshow attendees/planning, roadshow
outcomes?
6.	Provide examples of the pre-formatted and bespoke management and user
reporting  capabilities of the CRM system.
7.	What is the availability of predefined REPORTS/DASHBOARDS/GRAPHS
templates covering every area of the CRM solution?
8.	Can charts and graphs be added to predefined report templates?
9.	Can two predefined reports covering two periods of time be compared to
see visually how things have changed over the periods?
10.	How multi-dimensional is the database so that the data can be sliced and
diced to produce useful information?  As an example can it give me a list of
Asian hedge funds who invest at the pre-IPO stage and who like commodities?
11.	How much storage space for data uploads does your service allow per
account?
12.	Can the export feature be disabled for certain users
13.	Does the system comply with Data Protection laws in the LC operating
countries?
14.	Which data encryption protocols does the system employ when data is
being transfered/accessed
15.	Is there a mechanism for tracing/tracking users interaction with the
system on a click by click basis.  Which parts of the system have been used,
which clients were viewed, which data has been downloaded - by user?

0
FaizAmir (101)
2/7/2008 2:47:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Question re: Inserting Rows & Columns
I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is visually confusing to me in which direction new columns are inserted. Are they inserted to the right or left of the active column? You could always put a11,b1 2,c1 3 and insert to find out for yourself same thing on rows -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E15C4FD-4F29-49AB-97D0-01E53E12CE5B@microsoft.com... >I know that a row will always be inserted above the active row, but it is > ...

Stupid question but......
Hello can any1 tell me how i get the little new mail envelope icon to appear on the toolbar in the right hand corner of the screen? I have just updated to a newer version and it no longer does it Thanks for any help you can give Not a stupid quesiton Sarah. Lots of people have the problem. I hope MS changes so their installation program checks for these problems but the answer is usually here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/missingenvelope.htm "sarah" wrote: > Hello can any1 tell me how i get the little new mail > envelope icon to appear on the toolbar in the ri...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

theoretical MFC question
I've been debugging like a nutcase for a couple of hours trying to get the systemtime... I used SYSTEMTIME st; GetSystemTime(&st); --pretty straighforward.... I'm using unicode, and in building in RELEASE mode.... Release mode is not a problem in VB.net and I can set a watch on my variables and look inside them any time I want. So here I am in release mode tyring to check for correct data in my variables and get Nothing in them ....So I think that the code isnt working ... --I pull out my hair for a couple of hours and then decide to try debug mode...

Crosstab Query Column Question
Hello! I am currently in the process of trying to work with a crosstab query in MS Access. In the rows, I have a list of names, and in the columns, I have dates. I would like the dates to be formatted as follows: (First column for names) Second column: Fiscal Year 2005 (July 2004 results - June 2005 results) Third column: Fiscal Year 2006 (July 2005 results - June 2006 results) Fourth Column: July 2006 Fifth Column: August 2006 Sixth Column: September 2006 ((and so on...)) Is there any way to do this? I would like to import this information into a report. Thank you! Do believe...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Questions for help
According to documentation, for a CMyDialog : public CDialog, CMyDialog::OnInitDialog calls CDialog::OnInitDialog, and then CWnd::UpdateData() is called. From which function specifically is the CWnd::UpdateData() called? Is there any chance that I have to explicitly call UpdateData() in CMyDialog::OnInitDialog()? My other questions are about worker thread: Worker thread lacks a message pump. If adding something like, PeekMessage() inside such thread, does this make worker thread become an UI thread? Is UI thread a general term on Win32 programming, or it just related to MFC programming? ...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Question about Maximizing a FormView
Hi all... I have a control on a CFormView with a fixed height but a variable width, depending on the current size of the form view. I used this in CFormView::OnSize void CNegocioView::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CFormView::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); if( ::IsWindow(m_ctrlTitle.GetSafeHwnd()) ) m_ctrlTitle.MoveWindow(0, 0, cx, m_ctrlTitle.GetHeaderHeight()); } The problem is that the control isn't sized to the full width, but it seems it left space for the future vertical scrollbar. To solve the problem, I used OnActivateView to resize the control initially. It worked, bu...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Index Questions
I have an index formula I am using that I want to know if there is something I could add to have it answer $0. Here is what my spreadsheet looks like, and the formula I am using. =INDEX(cranetest1!$R$3:$R$154,MATCH(Sheet1!B4&$AB$2,INDEX(cranetest1!$B$3:$B$154&cranetest1!$Q$3:$Q$154,0),0)) --A-------B-------------C---------D > > Load# Destination-----Desc.----Charges > > 12345 Columbus, OH----Fuel------$100 > > 12345 Columbus, OH----Stop------$50 > > 12345 Columbus, OH----Linehaul--$150 > > > > --H-----------I-----------J--------K----...

Is this the right news group for Outlook Web Access questions?
I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client. Cheers. Robin No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked: | I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For | Follow up' and for 'unread&...

xmlNodeReader question

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

Why doesn't this question get answered?
Where I work we have a computer that wants to install the Japanese language pack when a specific email is opened in Outlook 2002. This is only happening with one email, on one computer. If this same email is sent to another person, the Japanese language pack installation prompt does not appear when the email is opened. I have checked the Regional and Language settings, but see nothing that indicates why Japanese is trying to be installed. I have found several topics posted by people with the same problem, but only one answer has been given, and the answer did not solve the problem. http://gro...

Graph question
Hello ! I would like to create a bar graph for say 7 days showing hotel occupancy levels For each day I have this data: A) budget room nights first 5 days at 50 rooms each night, last 2 days 75 rooms each B) Actual room nights (and this is where it gets tricky.) The actual room nights comes from 2 sources: the actual reserved guests who arrived + the "walk-ins" (who didnt have a reservation) Results for the week: Reserved WALK-ins Total Budget Monday 40 5...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...