Different datasets in one view

Hi,

we have one subsidiary and want them to view only their datasets in the
standard view - e.g. "All Opportunities". It is possible to add teams
but it does not work the way I want it to or I have no idea how. How
can I achieve that users only see their datasets without creating
different views - means we only want to have one standard view but
respectively a different list of datasets per user.

Thanx for your help!!

0
Gela14
5/22/2006 3:07:54 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

It isn't possible to show data from two related entities in a single view.
However: You can show the primary attribute of related entities (eg. You can
show the Contact Full Name of the Primary Contact on the Account View).

Using reports is a common way of solving this problem. Be sure to enable
drill down on your reports so users can navigate directly to the record.

Philip Richardson [MSFT]
Program Manager, Customization, Microsoft CRM

"Gela14" <angela1404@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we have one subsidiary and want them to view only their datasets in the
> standard view - e.g. "All Opportunities". It is possible to add teams
> but it does not work the way I want it to or I have no idea how. How
> can I achieve that users only see their datasets without creating
> different views - means we only want to have one standard view but
> respectively a different list of datasets per user.
>
> Thanx for your help!!

0
Philip

How do I go from "Chart View" to "Pivot Table Form" in a Pivot ta.
While in an Excel Pivot table created in Access, I somehow became "stuck" in a bar chart view. I'd like to view my data in "Pivot Table Form" not as a chart. Is there a toggle button or some other way to get back to a Pivot tble form? Thanks If it's an embedded Excel file, there should be sheet tabs along the bottom of the window. You probably had a cell selected in the PivotTable, then clicked the Chart Wizard button, and it inserted a new sheet for the PivotChart. Click on the other sheet tabs, and you should find the pivot table. Jersey Girl wrote: &g...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

no one able to login to crm
when login,system report error,invalid authorization. the user authentication passed to the platform is not vaild. there is article talk about this,id 860612,but still unable login This could be an Active Directory problem. CRM checks if the user is in the AD UserGroup, but if AD replication is not working then the user's group membership may not have been applied. Check the membership of this group on each DC by explicitly connecting to each DC in Active Directory Users and Computers -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "yang"...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Two RPC over HTTPs clients one connects the other can't
Hello, I have two RPC over HTTPs clients - both going through the same router. One connects the other cannot. The one that cannot was only using windows firewall and I've turned it off and it still cannot connect. If I use a vpn client to our server it connects fine. I can't figure out why one works without the vpn client and the other doesn't. Any guesses? Thanks Check the client AV Firewall on the computer. Trend Micro, Symantec now include the firewall with AV client. If everything checks OK, try opening outlook at a run command with outlook /rpcdiag. What hap...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Copying multiple fields from one form to another
I have two forms, FormA and FormB, based on table A and B. Both tables underlying the forms have different autonumbers as the primary key. Essentially, what I need to do is build a macro that : Copies the contents Field1 and Field2 from the current record in Form A, Creates a new record in Form B, then Pastes the contents of Field1 and Field2 from FormA into FormB Any help gratefully appreciated You've described a "how". Now, "why"? If you are intending to copy data from FormA (based on TableA) to FormB (based on TableB), you are trying to copy data from TableA t...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Save only One Worksheet To Separate File
I need to place into a Word document, only one of several worksheets in a workbook. When I shade and save that worksheet, I get the entire workbook. Can someone please point me in the direction for these instructions. Hi Right-click on sheet tab and select 'Move or copy'. Check 'Create a copy' and in 'To book' field, select 'New Book'. OK You get a single-sheet new workbook. Save it under a new name. -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "John Gregory" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ekPA9W...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

Two Text Lines in one Cell.
Is there is a way to have two text lines in one cell. Please advise. Thanks Peter Peter, When you type text in to a cell, use ALT+Enter to insert a line break. To combine two cells in to a single cell, you can use a formula like =A1&CHAR(10)&A2 . Ensure that the cell has Wrap Text formatting enabled. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6AFD9D-5C93-46D1-8B00-A2919A3659F8@microsoft.com... > Is there is a way to have two text lines...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

macro to convert multiple worksheets into one
Is there a macro that I can take a work book that has 8 seperate worksheets of data, and put all the data on one worksheet?. I need to sort all the data on one sheet. Currently I cut and paste the data to the one sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, AP Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm "a.pontes" wrote: > > Is there a macro that I can take a work book that has 8 seperate worksheets > of data, and put all the data on one worksheet?. I need to sort all the data > on one sheet. Currently I cut and paste the data to...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

How do I move my appointments from and old pst file to a new one?
My Outlook pst file has been growing and the solution to decreased the size is to create a new pst file. All emails are now moved. All contacts have been moved too. The problem is moving the appointments from one pst file to another. Help? Thank you all in advance. Jo However you did it for emails and contacts, for appointments it works the same way. You could use the File/Archive, or move some items manually. In order to do the latter, switch to a table view. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Easily share your categories: SAM - Automati...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

Make a sheet for one year?
Is there some kind of coding that can be put onto a sheet or workbook that will ignore data from a prior year? Here's the specific dilemma. I downloaded a General Ledger from the Microsoft website through exel, new, microsoft office online, ledger, generalledger1. I work on a fiscal budget so, naturally, I have 2009 data and 2010 data on the same sheet. The sheet has the following formula in it for a 2009 entry: =SUMIF(_6652[Constructed Key Field],"="&(TEXT(Expenses[[#Headers],[Jul-09]],"mmm-yy")),_6652[Amount of Check]) The formula for a t...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Sharing one exchange for multiple (small) company.
Hi, I need to share a new Exchange 2003 Standard (not Enterprise) for 3 organisation. Same information store, same mailbox limits, ... Each one will have its own syntax for smtp adresses (xxx@first.com , yyy@second.com, zzz@third.com). I will organise all in OU, at least one per organisation. How can I affect smtp adresse according to its location is AD (OU) ? Other question : how can I have an adresse book per organisation ? One have not to see people of the two others. Thanks in advance. Sam.G. ...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...