Differences between Bulk email, Email, and Bulk Emails inside Contact?

Hi Buddy,
I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes,
are they affecting the marketing list?
If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out
a email campaign?

Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes?
Thanks a million!

0
sanggod (2)
11/14/2008 3:53:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files.  I hope this helps.

My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do Not
Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular" e-mail
but will not receive e-mail related to marketing campaigns, quick campaigns,
etc.

I would test selecting different options, send some different types of
e-mails and note the behavior for reference.

E-mail
If you select Allow, allows all e-mail, including e-mails related to
campaign activities, to be sent to the e-mail address associated with the
record. However, if you select Do Not Allow, does not allow any e-mail to be
sent to the e-mail address associated with the record.

Bulk E-mail
If you select Allow, allows any e-mail as part of a bulk e-mail process,
including bulk e-mails related to campaign activities, to be sent to the
e-mail address associated with the record. However, if you select Do Not
Allow, does not allow any bulk e-mail to be sent to the e-mail address
associated with the record.

"Sanggod" wrote:

> Hi Buddy,
> I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes,
> are they affecting the marketing list?
> If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out
> a email campaign?
>
> Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes?
> Thanks a million!

0
Donna (199)
11/14/2008 4:23:01 PM
Thanks for your great helps. ^_^

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files.  I hope this helps.
>
> My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do
> Not
> Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular"
> e-mail
> but will not receive e-mail related to marketing campaigns, quick
> campaigns,
> etc.
>
> I would test selecting different options, send some different types of
> e-mails and note the behavior for reference.
>
> E-mail
> If you select Allow, allows all e-mail, including e-mails related to
> campaign activities, to be sent to the e-mail address associated with the
> record. However, if you select Do Not Allow, does not allow any e-mail to
> be
> sent to the e-mail address associated with the record.
>
> Bulk E-mail
> If you select Allow, allows any e-mail as part of a bulk e-mail process,
> including bulk e-mails related to campaign activities, to be sent to the
> e-mail address associated with the record. However, if you select Do Not
> Allow, does not allow any bulk e-mail to be sent to the e-mail address
> associated with the record.
>

> "Sanggod" wrote:
>
>> Hi Buddy,
>> I would like to clarify the main differences between these three
>> attributes,
>> are they affecting the marketing list?
>> If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send
>> out
>> a email campaign?
>>
>> Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these
>> attributes?
>> Thanks a million!

0
sanggod (2)

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

GAL email type and format
We are currently running Exchange 2003 but we have recently upgraded from 2000 - which in turn was an upgrade from 5.5. Our GAL records users emails as legacyexchangeDN with an email type of EX. I assume this is because of our 5.5 roots but is this correct? and is there anyway of changing it? It causes problems with non-windows Mobile 5 PDAs and local contacts and also with replies to accounts that have been deleted. TIA I am not quite sure what you are asking. The legacyExchangeDN field is still required even if you have a native mode Exchange organization. This attribute is in the f...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Email Messages Appear in Wrong Sender's Envelope
Message from Sender A will appear in the envelope of Sender B and C etc. This happens after the first message has been viewed. Happens haphazardly. Windows XP, SP3, Outlook Express 6 Huh? What do you mean by "envelope" here? dusty boots wrote: > Message from Sender A will appear in the envelope of Sender B and C etc. > This happens after the first message has been viewed. Happens haphazardly. > > Windows XP, SP3, Outlook Express 6 ...

Issue Bulk mention in Subject line with Quick campaign
We have started to Bulk email and all going well in version 4.0. However when we received a reply from the customers, the subject indicated [Bulk] This looks very unprofessional and unpersonal to our idea. Any ideas how to disable this mention of "Bulk" when sending mails through Quick Campaigns. Haven't tried yet with Regular Campaigns but would assume same is taking place.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Hi JS, If you have the tracking token enabled, crm will just add the tracking token at the end on the subject. Otherwise, the subject will not be changed. Ca...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Delayed emails days late
Hi, Have Exchange 2003 with a Mailsweeper that directs mail from external email addresses to mailboxes. Anyone had any issues with mail not arriving in peoples inboxes until 2-3 days after it was sent and sometimes 2 copies come in. This only seems to occur for external emails. Also is there somewhere on the Exchange server that I can check the queue's to see if anything is held up. In system manager the Exchange queues don't really show much thanks -- Kath What do the headers show you? (Get properties on a message, select Options and look at the resulting page.) There s...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Outlook 2003 Not recieving email
I installed outlook 2003. It worked great but all of a sudden last week it stopped grabbing emails from my exchange server yet my outlook 2000 works fine. Any ideas? Any error messages during Send/Receive or in the Sync Issues folder? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Adam" <gunthercolby@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:20aed01c45969$8309eb40$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I installed outlook 2003. It worked great but all of a > sudden last week it ...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Deleting the Deleted Emails
How come I cant delete all the Deleted emails at once. I have to do each one manually. I right click on it to delete them all at once and it wont delete You do know the second line is to "empty the deleted items folder"? Right under "OPEN" after you rught click? "justme" wrote: > How come I cant delete all the Deleted emails at once. I have to do each one > manually. I right click on it to delete them all at once and it wont delete ...

emailing pics
I have an email in my outbox that has been "sending" for over 5 hours. The email contains 10mb of pictures. i have never had this problem before. any suggestions? i have also tried to delete it from my outbox but it says transmission in progress-unable to delete. please help!! -- cgaugh22 ...

Adding Caller Name/Contact to Case Screen
For the service side of CRM. When a customer calls in, I want our CSR's to ask account name, once they get the acct name chosen and associated with the ticket, I want a pulldown list of available or known contacts valid for that customer account. How would you all recommend going about accomplishing this? Is there something easy I am missing? Any specific examples? Thanks In Advance, Jim ...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Sending email "on behalf" wide open
We've just brought up a brand new Exchange organization with 3 Exchange 2003 SP2 servers. By default, currently every Exchange user is able to sent email on behalf of anyone else, which doesn't sound right. They can simply go to their Outlook and put anyone else in "From " field and send the email. Is this normal behaviour and how can it be fixed. Thanx. That's not normal and indicates a permissions problem. Did you go overboard creating delegates? -Peter "Zick" <User@donotsendanyemail.com> wrote in message news:%235kOTwYvGHA.428@TK2MSFTNGP...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Problem with Contacts and Microsoft Outlook Web Access
When addressing e-mails in Microsoft Outlook Web Access, on PCs, using the Internet Explorer browser, you may select which contact list to search allowing you to search through the default -- just your internal office addresses -- or in my personal contacts which contain most of the contacts I need. However, when accessing Microsoft Outlook Web Access on my Mac's Safari browser, I do not get that option. There is no drop-down menu allowing me to choose which contact list to search. As a result, I can only search addresses from the default internal office contact list. I cannot use addr...

encrypted email transmission
I'm using Outlook 2000. I haven't changed any settings, but suddenly I can't send any email. I get an "Email Scanner" message that says "An encrypted email connection has been detected. Please see help for more information on how to transmit encrypted email." I didn't think I was encrypting anything, and there's nothing in Help that solves this problem. HELP! ...

Re: Email account
Check the properties email address of the 20%. An Outlook Contact Email address consists of two parts: the address, and the "Displayed name". The email address that you see in the Field Chooser is the Displayed name. Make sure all your Displayed Names are equivalent to the actual email address. > From: Daskarzine (Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com) > Subject: Email account > View: Complete Thread (5 articles) > Original Format > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook > Date: 2003-09-05 21:04:10 PST > Hi - I am using Outlook XP. I have used the field chooser to s...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Outlook not showing email body
Hi there, this is my first post to this newsgroup. I was hoping someone may have encountered this problem.... A client of ours is using Outlook 2003, and what she does, is, processes emailed employment applications and stores them on the server by means of just dragging and dropping the email on the server. Now the problem is, if she then double clicks on the saved email, she cannot see any message body text, attachments etc are still there, but there is no body text. I asked another client with office XP to see if they could access it and they could see the whole email as it should ...

Deferred sending on email
We are running Exchange 5.5 server and I'm trying to set "Do Not Deliver before" option on my outlook 2000 the message stays in the outbox and it doesn't go to the sender. Any help? One reason could be if the message has been edited after being sent, it would appear non-italicized. the message will continue to remain in the Outbox beyond the scheduled delivery time until the send button is clicked from within the message. Also check - OL2000: (CW) "Do not deliver until" Setting Ignored with Internet E-mail (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q222879/) More as I...

problem with contacts on sfo
Hi, I have installed SFO and now all is well (thanx for your help)except contacts: MS CRM contact records are not created as Microsoft Outlook Contacts the user is a member of the Local Administrator's group MS CRM 1.2 win server 2003 You have to synchronize for the contacts in Outlook and CRM to synch up........ in SFO, click tools >> synchronize -Gary "neto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c08f01c47a31$bb0e4fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have installed SFO and now all is well (thanx for your > help)except conta...

OL2003 will not use default email account for sending emails
I have copied the following from an earlier message within this group. A recommendation was posted, but did not help the original poster nor myself in resolving the issue. I have noticed this problem within the past 24 hours and can not overcome. Here is the original post from a couple months ago: :>I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 :> :>I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to :>mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a :>new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my :>other account. :> :>This...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...