Differences between Bulk email, Email, and Bulk Emails inside Contact?

Hi Buddy,
I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes,
are they affecting the marketing list?
If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out
a email campaign?

Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes?
Thanks a million!

0
sanggod (2)
11/14/2008 3:53:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files.  I hope this helps.

My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do Not
Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular" e-mail
but will not receive e-mail related to marketing campaigns, quick campaigns,
etc.

I would test selecting different options, send some different types of
e-mails and note the behavior for reference.

E-mail
If you select Allow, allows all e-mail, including e-mails related to
campaign activities, to be sent to the e-mail address associated with the
record. However, if you select Do Not Allow, does not allow any e-mail to be
sent to the e-mail address associated with the record.

Bulk E-mail
If you select Allow, allows any e-mail as part of a bulk e-mail process,
including bulk e-mails related to campaign activities, to be sent to the
e-mail address associated with the record. However, if you select Do Not
Allow, does not allow any bulk e-mail to be sent to the e-mail address
associated with the record.

"Sanggod" wrote:

> Hi Buddy,
> I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes,
> are they affecting the marketing list?
> If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out
> a email campaign?
>
> Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes?
> Thanks a million!

0
Donna (199)
11/14/2008 4:23:01 PM
Thanks for your great helps. ^_^

"Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files.  I hope this helps.
>
> My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do
> Not
> Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular"
> e-mail
> but will not receive e-mail related to marketing campaigns, quick
> campaigns,
> etc.
>
> I would test selecting different options, send some different types of
> e-mails and note the behavior for reference.
>
> E-mail
> If you select Allow, allows all e-mail, including e-mails related to
> campaign activities, to be sent to the e-mail address associated with the
> record. However, if you select Do Not Allow, does not allow any e-mail to
> be
> sent to the e-mail address associated with the record.
>
> Bulk E-mail
> If you select Allow, allows any e-mail as part of a bulk e-mail process,
> including bulk e-mails related to campaign activities, to be sent to the
> e-mail address associated with the record. However, if you select Do Not
> Allow, does not allow any bulk e-mail to be sent to the e-mail address
> associated with the record.
>

> "Sanggod" wrote:
>
>> Hi Buddy,
>> I would like to clarify the main differences between these three
>> attributes,
>> are they affecting the marketing list?
>> If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send
>> out
>> a email campaign?
>>
>> Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these
>> attributes?
>> Thanks a million!

0
sanggod (2)

Automatically opening emails
If my Inbox is empty the first email received opens automatically. If I remove the first email from my Inbox the next message in line opens automatically. If I right click to transfer a message to Junk Mail it sometimes opens automatically in Junk Mail. How can I stop this? Go back to your post of less than a day ago to see the answer I gave you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ...

Outlook contacts list issue
I am in the process of recovering data from an anchange disaster. I had all of the mailboxes recovered and are all in PST files. I am now going through and showing users how to import their calendars, contacts, mail etc. When a user imports his/her contacts, everything goes fine until they try to use those contacts through the address book. The address book does not show any contacts added by the import. Any newly created contacts are visible. I have found that if I change the email address of an imported contact, that contact will then appear in the address book. This indicates ...

Different trend types
I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot. Does anyone know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other types of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves? You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested; attach file with data and tell me the equation to use. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A965B80-42F3-4BEA-8A6F-EE2AC53DAF95@microsoft.com... >I am using excel to curve fit...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

How do you see the full headers in a received email in Outlook?
When I get a confirmation back, I have to click on the attachments texts to see which email was confirmed. I would like that to be part of the email reply text and not have to click on the text icon. Don "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:v68g51t2fbib3srlku9213eard6ki92teb@4ax.com... > When I get a confirmation back, I have to click on the attachments > texts to see which email was confirmed. I would like that to be part > of the email reply text and not have to click on the text icon. > > Don From glancing at ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.or...

Delayed Email #2
I have a user trying to send an email to someone, and gets a message back saying the email has been delayed, then a day or so later I get this undeliverable message: "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified." any insight into this would be most helpful. Thanks Eric Can you post the entire NDR? Have you tried sending email to this user from another account like Hotmail? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Eric Graham" <egraham1@collegeclub.com> wrote in message news:OouKM%23dMEHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP12.ph...

Outlook on 2 different pcs
I just installed a wireless network in my home. My desktop pc is my acting server and I also have a laptop that I carrying for my business. I have XP Home and Outlook 2002 installed on both pc and laptop. I am using my pop account from my ISP. I was wondering what is the easiest way for me to update my Outlook folders and address from my laptop to my pc without copying my pst files and address book files? Any help will be appreciative. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Creating an Email Document
I have created a few emails in Pub2007 and would now like to email it as an email, not an attachment. Im assuming this is possible or why have the blank document email category when you open Publisher. I cant seem to figure out how this is done. I have the add-in to save as a pdf but where to go from there...? And if it is now a secure PDF will my hyperlinks stay intact and usable? Ive used Publisher for many years but never to create an email. My second question is within the same email (once we getr that question answered!) I would like a hyperlink to another pdf document so that the...

Email Links #4
In an email, when I click on a link, it will not open the website, it opens a small box and asks me to locate a link. How do I fix that? Do you have a default browser listed in Windows Control Panel | Internet Options? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Hunnie" wrote: > In an email, when I click on a link, it will not open the website, it opens a > small box and asks me to locate a link. How do I fix that? ...

visual notification of email
I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and am wondering if there is a way to have a visual notification that there is mail waiting. I cannot use sound notice as it disturbes others. Thanks Jim ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ only the envelope in the tray... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answe...

load range of cells from one file into a different file
I want to load a range of cells from a spreadsheet in one file into a spreadsheet in a completely different file. I know how to do this with a cell by cell reference to the cells in the different file but I'm wondering if I can simplify this by using a named range.I'm not experienced with using named ranges and so far all my attempts have failed. Also, I would be interested to know if cell formats can be transferred in addition to the cell contents? Thanks for some tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Select the range, copy it, go to the new workbook, select the first cell, do edit>...

secure email
Hi gurus I have an exchange 2000, my users use OL2000 and some of them uses OL2003, I would like them to have the choice to send encrypted email to the outside, OL2003 is asking me for a digital ID from exchange.- can someone point me to the right direction or help me with this matter. Thanks guys To send external users encrypted mail, you will need to have certificates issued for your users from a trusted external entity. There are some free providers, Verisign and Comodo and others sell individual email certificates, or you can buy a certificate for your own certificate authority...

Link Contacts or Calender to Files or folders?
Just wondering, Is it possible to link a contact or calendar item to an external file or folder? E.g. I went to a christening yesterday and took lots of pictures, these are saved in a folder on my hard drive. I have an entry in my calendar for the christening and would like to 'link' this to the folder of pictures. Regards John What version of Outlook are you using and do you have Journalling active? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

Moving address book to a different computer
I have gotten a new computer and want to move my address book and preferably some messages to my new computer. The export/import functions seem to only work between Outlook Express and Outlook on the SAME computer. Additionally, when I use the export function, I am not given a chance to select a file name or location to save the exported file into. Even if I could do this, when importing, I'm not given options to pick it up from the A: drive or D: drive in order to retrieve the file from my old computer. Would someone advise me as to how to move my inbox and address files to ...

Excel in differents lenguages
Does anybody know how to use functions in inglis in portuguese excel? Tks If you mean how to translate English functions to Portuguese: http://members.chello.nl/jvolk/keepitcool and look for the Formula Translator -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ric0999" <ric0999@bol.com.br> wrote in message news:1169859924.019831.179270@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Does anybody know how to use functions in inglis in portuguese excel? | | Tks | I mean, for exemple: = Sum() in portugues is = soma(); =vlookup in portugues is =procv I want to use "vlookp&...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...

Form different size in form view vs design view
Hello A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! Steve On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:24:01 -0800, SteveZmyname <SteveZmyname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The AutoResize property of the form should be set to Yes. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello >A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design >view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! > >Steve Is it set to maximize on Open? Or possibly you have another form opene...

Trying to calculate difference between two times in an access repo
I am trying to calculate the difference between two times in an access report and don't know what the correct expression is. My report has a column of "Start" and "End" that has the start time of the project and the end time of the project. I need the difference between the 2 so I created an expression for "Total production time" - =timediff("h",[end],[start]) but a box keeps appearing when I try to view the report which means I have an error and I don't know where I went wrong Try the DateDiff() function. "h" might not ...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

Reply to email address in the Exchange Server
Hi We're using Exchange 2k3 and we need to slowly migrate our email address from @domain1.com to @domain2.com. The first step of the migration, is to have each Outlook client show @domain2.com when they reply to a customer instead of @domain1.com while not changing any of the DNS or MX records from domain1.com yet. Where do I go about doing this so that our customers are used to seeing domain2.com instead of domain1.com? Thanks in advance for your assistance! R Green Whoever host your DNS records, that's who will have to change the MX records. Normally it's an ISP. You'...

How to import a 2nd email address to Outlook & import its emails
Have just set up Outlook 07, and added my main email address to it. However, i have a second email address which has a number of emails i want in outlook, but i cannot seem to import them, although following the same tactic as worked for the first email address. So, wonder if anyone knew why - or if its possible. Failing that, does anyone know a better way than individualling forwearding all messages, a method of bulk forwarding from a googlemail address to Outlook? Where are the other messages and account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Pivot Tables with different groupings based on same data table
On a single worksheet I have a small table consisting of two columns, Date & Sales. Each row is one instance of a date with its sales. The data is in the form of an Excel 2007 "Table". With a cell in the table selected, I click on "Insert Pivot Table"; position it on the same worksheet as the data table; in the Pivot Table Field List I check both Date and Sales; then select a Date cell, Rt.Click , Click Group, and Group by weeks (7 days); thus giving me the 1st table I want and from which I can obtain the chart I want. But then I try to repeat the whole process,...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Using two different formats for one cell.
I am trying to display a cell in a certain format depending on what cell it is equal to. For example, =IF(B7=TRUE,C6,E6). If the answer is C6 I want the field to display Jan 22 2004, if it is equal to E6 I want the field to display Jan 2004. The answer would appear in cell K6 for example. one way: =IF(B7, TEXT(C6,"mmm dd yyyy"), TEXT(E6,"mmm yyyy")) Note that the result will be text, not actual dates. In article <1B9B1538-BEB6-4AB4-9E19-884CC269C820@microsoft.com>, Mindie <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to display a c...

Email in to do task list
Hi all, I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this email go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it. But this email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for this email (it's an information email from my client), i just want to link it to the account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do list. How can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it from my account ? Thank's a lot. Oops sorry, some others informations : I'm using CRM 3 FR with Rollup update 3 &...