development/test server

Hi

Can we  development/test server with its own database ..and at the same
time  have a  production server with its database which host the real data...

Also is it possible to export customisation to the production server from
development/test  server..will there be any kind of conflicts i have to keep
in mind...

please help..
Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I setup a CRM test envionment using the Adventure Works Cycle database. This
is where we made all customizations, which were somewhat extensive.

When I exported the customizations from the test environment and imported
them to our production server everything worked perfectly without a hitch.
This was true even though Adventure Works Cycle is the full suite with sales
and service while our production server was only sales standard.

Cheers!
Mike

"Ann" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can we  development/test server with its own database ..and at the same
> time  have a  production server with its database which host the real data...
>
> Also is it possible to export customisation to the production server from
> development/test  server..will there be any kind of conflicts i have to keep
> in mind...
>
> please help..
> Thanks

Access Developer
Hi All, We are about to enroll on a mini project and as part of the rollout new machines are to be installed. Some user's have an application called Access Developer. I would like to know if we install Access 2003 Pro would that be sufficient for them e to continue with their Access Development? Could anyone answer or point me in the right direction. Regards. -- Flinty I assume that ACCESS Developer is the developer version of ACCESS 2002, but you'll need to confirm that. If it is, this version of ACCESS allows the owner to create runtime versions of ACCESS applications, wh...

email failing to recieve from POP3 server
I am having problems recieving email from 2 diffirent POP3 servers. The following is the error message that pop up for both POP 3 accounts (different servers). I have no problem sending. The error message: Task 'Quikserve - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). Thank You for any help or suggestions. ...

application development
I am designing a downloadable tutorial application I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to ...

meeting requests from 1 exchange server to another are blank email
We have 2 Exchange 2003 sp2 servers in our domain. Beginning last week when users from Exchange server A send meeting requests w/ content in the body to users on Exchange server B the request comes through w/ the body blank. A reboot of server B fixed the issue last week, but it began happening again today. I've searched and found references to Outlook verion problems, but everyone is using Outlook 2003 sp2. There are no entries in the event viewer relating to this. Thanks in advance. Have you tried disabling the virus scanner? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the ...

UI Developer // Bay Area
Location: Bay Area Duration: 6 months Pay rate: 40-45/hr Front-end Developer Required Skills: 1. capable of estimating development tasks and meeting deadlines 2. great attention to visual detail and user interaction design 3. cross browser development, testing, and debugging for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE 7, IE8 4. front web page creation from detailed mockups/comps 5. AJAX 6. XHTML 7. CSS 8. Javascript 9. XML and JSON10. Java 6, JSP, JSTL/EL and Java Servlets 11. Team oriented, great communication skills Desired Front-end Developer Skills: 1. Familiar with mobile web UIs 2. Familiar with...

Testing EDC
I am interested in setting up RMS on a test merchant account to verify specific peripherals will work with RMS. Does anyone know of a "test" merchant account # that I can use or where I can find that information. I would call your merchant procesor and see if they can get you set up with a test account and some test plastic. -- Jocelyn "JSudduth" wrote: > I am interested in setting up RMS on a test merchant account to verify > specific peripherals will work with RMS. Does anyone know of a "test" > merchant account # that I can use or where I ...

not connecting to exchange server
Hi, am facing a problem while configuring MS Outlook-Xp,when i want to connect to exchange server(2000),as i make users & mail boxes on my server(eg.user name:user1 ,mail box in exchange for user1=user1@mycompany.com)...and the password for this user is Blank,but when am trying to configuring the outlook at client its giving an error"user information is not correct ........etc)but same user account is not giving any error on other machine and some times at the clients side when am tring to start outlook it's taking time to start(taking time to give the option of usernam...

Server 2008 - VPN - DNS
When a VPN connection occurs domain server gets an extra IP and local PCs resolve server-dc as VPN IP then problems appear. server-dc has 3 IPs now: VPN host: 192.168.35.90 LAN: 192.168.35.210 WAN: 88.255.136.46 We have configured many programs to use server-dc as remote end, ie. to make sql connection. SQL server listens only LAN IP. How can I configure DNS to responds server-dc as LAN IP always. I removed VPN IP but it will be created again later... I removed WAN & VPN IPs and disabled Dynamic Updates for server-dc.local Is it OK? Negative, these IPs...

Modify default MS Project Server 2007 Status Report
I would like to modify the default Status Report sections (Major Accomplishments, Objectives for the Next Period, Hot Issues) in Project Server 2007 to match those of my organization and to be applied to ALL published projects. This would eliminate the need to incorporate these changes for every new project. Is this possible? Are instructions available for doing this? Captain Kirk -- No, there is no default way to edit the default Status Report template. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http:...

Store.exe is taking up all the memory and it freezing the server
We are using Exchange 2K SP3 I have notice that store.exe is running and it is taking up all the memory and it is causing the exchange server to freeze and I have to reboot. This is becoming a problem, I have to reboot the machine 2X a day. I have to reboot first thing in the morning around 8:00 then again at around 4:30pm Do any one know why Store.exe take up so much memory? How can I fix this problem where store.exe will not take up so much memory and cause the server to freeze? Thanks for your help, What errors are you getting in your event logs? Are you running standar server or...

Add-on Developers...
Does anybody know of any other add-on developers for Microsoft RMS, OTHER than RetailRealm, New West Technologies, ADI, EVT, RITE and NBE Solutions? I am trying to "crack" into some new retail markets. I have had some GOOD success. For example, for those who wish to, eGolf has an AWESOME Golf Suite that works like a charm. Talk about a beautiful addition for RMS. Talk to you all soon We focus on the needs of independent specialty retailers including bike, outdoor, sport specialty, and hardgoods verticals. Visit: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins.htm "Tony Cormack...

Primary server offline (for good)
My primary server crashed hard on me. I tried restoring, but obviously my disaster recovery plan needs to be updated and tested more thoroughly. It was also the first installed exchange server in the domain. What do I need to do to get everything into a stable state in my domain? There is another server with AD and exchange, in fact it already was the primary mailbox store, so I don't have to worry about that. I'm having a problem getting exchange to allow me to change the recipient update service (enterprise configuration). When I click on browse for the 'Windows Domain Cont...

Moving Exchange from server to server
Hi all, I've got two SBS2003 servers with Exchange a I want to move Exchange mailboxes from first server to second. Because I'm begginer in this area, I looking for help, net link, doc ... Thanx Well, since you can't have more than 1 SBS server in a domain, and since SBS doesn't do Trust relationships, then you are pretty much stuck with Exmerge. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en then read the document that is in the extracted files. That will explain how to run it...

Using ODBC to connect Access 2003 to sql server 2005 express
Hi, I am trying to join a access to my sql server. I made the ODBC connection ok and was able to bring the table up in Access, but. All the fields had #deleted in them. When I added new data in access, it should up on my sql server ok, but if I refresh the access spread sheet, the new data I entered got replace with #deleted. I did some resercah and found a comment about Access not knowing the key index, I open it in design vue and it had the key logo next to the id column. I need help!!!!! -Ted Answer: Chances are you are linking to a table that either does not have a pr...

test
testing ...

iTechArt-Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company
iTechArt Group - Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company http://www.itechart.com/ Offshore custom software development company iTechArt - Web site and Content Management Solutions development, CMS consulting: Ektron, Drupal and DotNetNuke iTechArt Group provides high quality custom software development services and offshore software development. On December 2006, iTechArt Group became an authorized Microsoft Certified Partner. This means that our company has been recognized by Microsoft for our vast expertise and authorized to custom software development; provide IT ser...

Server Hacked?
I have a windows 2000 server with SBS server loaded on it. I keep seeing the exchange server struggle and users are getting error messages. When I go look at the queue it is filled with tons of SmallBusiness SMTP connectors going to all sorts of weird domains. I can go into each one and delete the messages. The messages are from postmaster@mydomainname.com. When I go to protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP virtual server, current sessions I sometimes see several things there that look weird and I delete them. I downloaded a securing your e-mail server FAQ and ran some tests and it said my se...

7zip and SQL Server 2000
Hi, Though this post is not well suited for this forum, I ask because I have come to love this forum and the help that is offered here-very cool :o) I have used 7-zip utility for backing up purposes in Windows Server 2003. I used 7-zip to archieve system folders and files and I can restore it by unzipping the zipped image in the event of system corruption. Everything worked well except when I encountered SQL Server 2000. When I restore folders and files, the SQL service fails to start because it is unable to find the path to the service executable. A KB article (http://support.microsoft....

Is there a developer's edition of RMS?
Hello All, Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when doing RMS customization work? RMS is not included in either the MSDN or Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on the PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide. I'm trying to do some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be used for development. What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)? thanks, randy The Customization guide is the only deve...

Professional Data Recovery Software Development Help
Hi! I am the Author of Book titled, �'Data Recovery with & without Programming' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/author.htm)�. I provide ONLINE ' data recovery training' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/DRCguide.htm) (Professional Courses ). If any forum member has any Computer Data Recovery related query or interested in Data Recovery knowledge sharing or You've any Data Recovery Software Programming related issues, I'll be happy to discuss the things. If you�ve any query or comments, feel free to mail me� Regards, 'Tarun Tyagi' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/author....

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

Creating user Error with windows 2008 server standard
Dear All, Im having an error creating user accouns on windows 2008 server. while im creating the following error comes Windows cannot set the password for the (User) because: The password does not meet the password policy requirments. check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirments. how can i overcome this issue Appriciate very much your help. Rgds Sam -- azamh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ azamh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220505.htm View this thread: http://f...

outlook test account settings error: POP3
I receive an Outlook 2002 error message regarding my account (POP3)even though I am using the same successful settings as in Outlook Express. The error message is The POP3 e-mail account you created does not support Secure Password Authentication (SPA). 1. The account used does work with SPA. I have used it successfully on other computers and on the same computer using Outlook Express. 2. The connection is through AT&T WorldNet and the operating system is Windows XP. 3. The account is an administrator account. 4. The server I am attempting to connect with is a Exchange 5...

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

Test Plan for Outlook 2002
I am trying to find a White Paper or Document which can be used as a template for a Test Plan for migrating to Outlook 2002. Has anyone seen such a document? What are you migrating from? Colleen wrote: > I am trying to find a White Paper or Document which can be > used as a template for a Test Plan for migrating to > Outlook 2002. Has anyone seen such a document? ...