Deployment manager problem 12-26-05

Hi.
I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish
customizations!
For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From
Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file
and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window
"Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop
the mmc process.
The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations.
What is it? How can I solve this problem???

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found it by myself!!!
The problem is in .NET FrameWork 2.0 (not beta)!!!
It installs automaticly through Windows Update. Once I delete .NET 2.0 the
Deployment meneger begin to work propertly! The window with web servers list
does not hang now!
EEE! Finally it works! :-)

"Dronkoff" wrote:
> Hi.
> I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish
> customizations!
> For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From
> Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file
> and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window
> "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop
> the mmc process.
> The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations.
> What is it? How can I solve this problem???
Hi Dronkoff !

Many thanx for your solution!
I have been in the same situation.

Best regards: Tamas

"Dronkoff" wrote:

> I found it by myself!!!
> The problem is in .NET FrameWork 2.0 (not beta)!!!
> It installs automaticly through Windows Update. Once I delete .NET 2.0 the
> Deployment meneger begin to work propertly! The window with web servers list
> does not hang now!
> EEE! Finally it works! :-)
>
> "Dronkoff" wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish
> > customizations!
> > For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From
> > Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file
> > and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window
> > "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop
> > the mmc process.
> > The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations.
> > What is it? How can I solve this problem???
Thank you, Dronkoff.
This resolved my issue as well.
I have CRM 1.2 running on SBS 2003 Premium w/ SBS2003-SP1.

"Dronkoff" wrote:

> I found it by myself!!!
> The problem is in .NET FrameWork 2.0 (not beta)!!!
> It installs automaticly through Windows Update. Once I delete .NET 2.0 the
> Deployment meneger begin to work propertly! The window with web servers list
> does not hang now!
> EEE! Finally it works! :-)
>
> "Dronkoff" wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish
> > customizations!
> > For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From
> > Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file
> > and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window
> > "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop
> > the mmc process.
> > The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations.
> > What is it? How can I solve this problem???

Integration Manager Permissions
We recently setup a new user in Dynamics GP 9.0 in two different companies. The user has access to IM in one of the companies, but it is grayed out in the other. How do we resolve this? Adpated from KB 843716 & 856096 Version 9.0 1. Click Tools, click Setup, click System, and then click Security. 2. Select the user and company that is having this issue. 3. For Product, click Great Plains. For Type, click Microsoft Dynamics GP Import. For Series, click Integration Site Enabler. 4. Make sure that the user has access to the Integration Site Enabler i...

UNICODE CString problem
I have UNICODE and _UNICODE #define'd and <TCHAR.H> #include'd When the following code is executed everything seems to work fine but then ~CString ASSERT's in GetData(). I notice that when stepping through the code, strGuid is altered by _stsscanf even though _stsscnaf casts the CString to LPCTSTR. CString strGuid(_T("{FF4E65FA-568F-4EF7-A84E-9BC6F4DA0446}")); GUID guid; int nRet = _stscanf(strGuid, _T("{%08lX-%04X-%04X-%02X%02X-%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X}"), &(guid.Data1), &(guid.Data2), &(guid.Data3), &(guid.Data4[0]), ...

ANN: Shortcut Manager for Publisher
Shortcut Manager for Publisher enables you to define your own keyboard shortcuts to menu items and macros in Microsoft Publisher documents and addins. For more information, visit its webpages at http://officerone.tripod.com/pbsctmgr/pbsctmgr.html Thank you, Regards, - Chirag http://officerone.tripod.com/ At $US24.95 I would not even waste my time downloading the trial version!!! -- ...

Problem: Sorting with Hyperlinks
I need expert help, please. :) Before you say anything, yes, I would much rather do this in Access, but my boss doesn't know how to use it. (He also uses a Mac, so what do you expect?) I am creating a spreadsheet in Excel to include my boss' trauma cases. Linking to the hospital database is clunky and unreliable, and so he wants me to pull in JPGs of the imaging to our own server and link to them. I just started the project and already hit a snag. When I have just one image, I put in a hyperlink to it directly on the server. But when there are several images he wants, ins...

Mapping Question 02-04-05
I have added a new memo field to the quotedetail schema (display name productdescriptiondetail) and added the new field to the quote products form. I would like the standard product description memo field (schema display name description) within the products form to populate this new field whenever an existing product is added to the quote. I added a map under quote\quotedetail that is source attribute (description) to destination attribute (productdescriptiondetail). I published the schema and did an IISRESET. When I add an existing product that has data within the description memo field,...

Problems with creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? It has to be saved as HTML in order to be sent out as email, right? But that is not one of the options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Markis www.adreamforabetterworld.com What version of Publisher? In 2003 you have the option to ...

Visio 2000 deployment AD
hello, I have a problem with the deployment of Visio 2000 in an AD environmenr via GPOs. i tried adding all MSIs to the GPO User object, the EventLog says "yess, worked", but neither the Visio Icon in start menu nor program files are installed. I installed all msi files, but apparently am missing something crucial. There are about 30 to 40 MSIs in our Enterprise edition visio. yours wulff ...

Business Contact Manager didn't install
I just upgraded to Office Pro 2003 and I believe Business Contact Manager should have been installed. I understand that it will not work in Exchange Environments. I am not connected to an Exchange Server so I expected it to install. Does anyone have any ideas? Did you install it from the second CD if using Professional? Not sure where it is on the SBE CDs. It is not a default installation and must be installed separately, after installing Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to ...

MS Outlook Problem
When I try to open outlook 2000 , It gets hangs. What could be the problem? Is it because of pst size? What to do to prevent this? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples ...

An interesting problem???
Need help from a real Outlook guru. Problem: after testing several outlook add-ons my user cannot start the outlook import/export wizard because that option is dimmed(grayed out) under the file menu. Interestingly, whenever another user accesses outlook on that machine, the import/export wizard option is available. It appears that all the Outlook system files are OK but something is wrong from the user configuration side. Ideas anyone? Any help greatly appreciated. Have you tried uninstalling the Outlook add-ins the user was testing? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Exchange 2003
I am encountering an error in the SM application, that there is limited info about. As I navigate to the Administrative Group, and try to view the First Storage Group, an error is displayed "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b". All information I can find says that the MSSearch GatherLogs are not in the place that the registry says they are, which is not the case. This is the only reference I can find to this error, and I need help because I cannot view any Information Store, public or private. This is Exchange 2003 standard, basic installation..nothing special. Any ...

eConnect deployment with application
We are developing an application that utilizes eConnect. It's written in vb.net and will be deployed on a number of machines. What are some different ways I can get eConnect installed on these machines in the same installation as our application? Thanks for any advice! ironspark, Why do you want to deploy your vb.net application on a number of machine? "ironspark" wrote: > We are developing an application that utilizes eConnect. It's written in > vb.net and will be deployed on a number of machines. What are some different > ways I can get eConnect insta...

Fixed Assets Integration Manager #2
We are on GP v 10.0 running latest SP/Hotfix (version 10.0.991) and running IM SP1. We are using eConnect Adapter for Fixed Asset that imports General Asset info and Book info for each asset. When we try to imort Assets general info and book into into GP, everything appears to be working fine including in the Assets General Info window the information looks fine. Once into that screen, without opening the account screen, when we directly try to open the Asset Book Info page, the page opens without any book - upon selecting the assigned book to the asset, it gives us the error message: "...

Linked Server Problem
Hi there, I am trying to add a linked SQL 2000 server from SQL 2008 Management Studio. Using the native provider, it connects OK, but then when I attempt to expand the tree to view the tables on the linked server, it either hangs or crashes or both. After attempting this a few times I then got an out of disk space message and realised that SQL Dumper had been writing dumps every second or two and used up 6 Gb of disk space in about two hours. Any one have any ideas about how to resolve this? In fact it appears as though I cannot create any linked servers a...

NO INVENTORY MANAGMENT !!!!!
Microsoft CRM seemly has no inventory management. "Quantity on hand" is a fake filed in the product, and we cannot control it automatically from order or invoice. Without this function, Microsoft CRM is not a successful software Hi Drew, Integration to a backoffice system is one answer ... Linda "Drew" wrote: > Microsoft CRM seemly has no inventory management. "Quantity on hand" is a > fake filed in the product, and we cannot control it automatically from order > or invoice. > > Without this function, Microsoft CRM is not a successful sof...

Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard questions
In my first attempt to package and deploy an Access 2000 MDE application, I used the Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard (PDW) to create the package, having checked the box for Include Access Runtime. The resulting files were then placed into a self-extracting Zip file, using WinZip Self-Extractor. This self-extracting Zip file, which was 1.8MB in size, was then uploaded to a website for subsequent download by the users. This all appeared to work well and all of my four users were able to run the app on their PCs. To the best of my knowledge, none of these users have a full cop...

XPath and namespace problem
I have a price of XML that looks like this <Root> <SomeNode> ..... </SomeNode> <Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> ... </Signature> </Root> If I load this into an XmlDocument object and try calling SelectSingleNode("//Signature") to determine if the signature has been added or not, then it alwasy return null. I have managed to get it that I probably need a XmlNamespaceManager object and pass it to the method as well, however I do not know how to set this up since the new namespace decla...

Visual Studio C++ 6.0 installation problem for XP
Hi, I have used Visual Studio C++ 6.0 in Windows 2000 for years. Recently I upgraded my machine to XP. Then the installation for Visual Studio 6.0 went so bad. Now I cannot un-install it because it doesn't show up in the "Add or Remove Programs" list. If I try to re-install it, I always get a message saying the installation is unsuccessful. So I am totally stuck. I am still able to use the C++, but sometimes it just hangs forever during the linking stage. When I click on the menu item "Help", then "About Visual C++", I get an "About" d...

Problem with calendar #2
Client says: Everytime I create a new meeting it defaults to a reminder 18 hours before the meeting. I use the options function to change this to 15 minute default. I apply it, and then it reverts back to 18 hours. Any help? Thanks. -- Bill New all day events have an 18 hour reminder by default. New appointments use your default reminder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill H. asked: | Client says: | | ...

Outlook 2003 + SurfControl v4.0/Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 problem...
(apologies for the length of this posting) We are part of a multi-site organisation with installations of Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a server at each site. Internet mail is received at 1 central location by SMTP and passed down to the appropriate Exchange site (including mine) via X.400 connector. Anti-spam/anti-virus is handled centrally at the SMTP gateway, however we also have our own anti-spam software (SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange v4.0) installed on our downstream Exchange server for added protection and local rules. Almost all clients access this Exchange server using Outlook 2003....

Ms CRM 3.0 installation and problem with Reporting Services
Hi, I'm trying to install MS CRM 3.0 with Windows 2003 SBS during the installation, in the component check step I see this error: (Reporting Services check) The edition Workgroup Edition of SQL Server specified it is not supported from this installation of SQL Serveur Reporting Services; the supported editions are ENT Edition and STD Edition... How Can I resolve it? Thanks Hi Lucia, Are you using the MSCRM 3.0 SBS media? It seems like that you are using the CRM 3.0 professional media. If so, you need to install SQL 2005 enterprise edition or professional edition. CRM 3.0 don'...

No KB977074 problem thread?
After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no mention of problems whatsoever. That's certainly unusual. Maybe it doesn't have the number in the subject? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/38ebde00-c371-4e2c-a63e-bcac1ac94e57 You didn't look very hard; cf. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/search?q=977074+OR+kb977074&start=0&scoring=d Milhouse Van Houten wrote: > After reading the thread below, I was surprised to come here and find no > mention of problems whatsoev...

Problems with 'Purchase Line Items' Smartlist
I had a user notice that some rows that were expected were not returned when doing a filter that compared 'QTY Ordered' and 'QTY Shipped'. It turns out that if nothing has been received then a NULL is returned for 'QTY Shipped', but formatting within Smartlist displays a zero. Despite a zero being displayed in the results, it appears that the field comparison is done using the NULL, so those rows are not returned. I tired modifying the view that this Smartlist uses (PurchaseLineItems), but it didn't have any effect in Smartlist, so I recreated it with the fi...

I think Portfolio Manager has blocked my access
It looks to me that Portfolio Manager has blocked my access to my account. My wife has no problem, so I know the account is still there. Anybody know who to contact or what to do to get it unblocked? Thanks -- Halftrack In microsoft.public.money, Halftrack wrote: >It looks to me that Portfolio Manager has blocked my access to my account. My >wife has no problem, so I know the account is still there. Anybody know who >to contact or what to do to get it unblocked? Are you using MSN Money (MoneyCentral) rather than Microsoft Money? Yes, msn money, at this URL: http://moneycentr...

Outlook Permission Problem
Outlook is *now* seeking permission to interact with Word (default emailer) and Palm Hotsync on every occasion of use. This wasn't happening previously. Can anyone tell me how to stop this behaviour? -- All the best, Pete ------------------------------------------------ Home Page: http://users.bigpond.com/lansma Location: 42�53'S; 147�19'E Not likely with the dearth of details in your post. What version of Outlook? When did the behavior change? What did you install/uninstall just prior to the change? Have you checked with Palm to see if they have an update for their sof...