Default values

How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records?
Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user
creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue.

Thanks, m
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi there

You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and
add a value for each country. You can then set the default country.
This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form.

Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create.
Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an
action to update the country field to the country you want.

Regards

Dan

"Mikkhail" wrote:

> How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records?
> Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user
> creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue.
>
> Thanks, m

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

formula to return value from a matrix
hi Filtering is not an option :) I have a table that shows skill titles across the columns e3:cz3 and staff names down c4:c103, for each name and skill there will be a value between 1 & 4 see example below C E Name Excel Colin 3 I need to insert the finding into a bespoke report that if I select a skill (from a drop down list) the report will list the names and associated value Skill title drop down is k5 name is k8, skill value is j8 Cheers in advance Indicatively, perhaps a basic Index(area, match(row),match(col)) ...

VBA to colour table cells and add values when a function key is pr
I have a VBA application that teachers can use to mark assignments by placing their cursor in a particular cell in a table then pressing function keys. Each row in the table corresponds to a specific performance standard (and contains a mark) and the last column is used to store the total marks. If the teacher places the cursor in a row and presses F6 then that row is coloured and the mark is inserted into the last colum in that that row. You can see a screen image at http://emarking-assistant.baker-evans.com/screen_image.htm Currently the VBA does not need to know what row or...

addition with a maximum value
I have the following code =SUM(D10+E10) but I don't want the results to display anything over 20. How do I accomplish this -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 Try this =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10-20)) -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Sumproduct a column where 2 adj text columns contain same value
Hi, I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a value between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent cell in column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones": =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"})) This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the value in column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell is Smith Draper or Jones. What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Pivot table truncating values
I have a problem when creating pivot tables based on large amounts of data (for example 28MB). The pivot table truncates certain fields that appear as numeric, but are text, such as an account number. Does anyone have any ideas, or had this happen to them? ...

#VALUE! PivotTable Error
I'm using Excel as a front end for an OLAP cube. I'm getting a #VALUE! error in an Excel Grand Total for a column when I filter on a row dimension. With the filter off, the error disappears. The error is in a total number of <> cell as well as in an Average/<> cell. The cells have valid values in them with the filter off. Any ideas?? Thanks!! Filter On: Award Type Data Total Institutional Average Need Avg Award $416.00 Avg Award$/Recipient $832.00 Avg Family Income/Recipient Avg SAT Award Amount $832.00 Number o...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Negative value in Excel
I would like value in a certain rage of cells to always be negativ without adding minus sign when enter the value. Does anyone know how t set this??? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Adhanya, One solution is to put the values in straightaway (as positive), and simply make them look as though they're negative. Select the cells, Format, Cells, Number, Custom, and use something like: -General -0.00 Then in any formulas that refer to them, negate them so they will be treated as negative. Or an event macro can negate them as they're entered. -- Earl Kios...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

replacing cell references with the actual values they refer to
Hi folks, After perusing the topics in this group, I'm sure this will be an easy one for someone. I have a large number of cells that contain numeric values from cells in other worksheets. I would like to replace the reference with the actual values being displayed in the cells. In other words, eliminate any references to other cells with the values in the cells. I suppose it would be like a cut and paste special - paste values - operation. I suppose this is what I should have done in the first place. The problem is I have 88 worksheets and I don't want to go through all the cut ...

Calculating total values of duplicate entries
Hello all, This is going to be quite difficult to explain so I'll try my best and hopefully I'll get it sorted out :) OK, I have a spreadsheet with four columns in total. First column (A) contains four-letter combinations (eg. AAAA, AABB, ABAA etc). Second column (B) contains a value for each of the letter combinations in column one (eg. 110, 1000, 7000 etc). The third column (C) I have entered the code *=LEFT(A1,2)* to only show the first two letters of the text in column one. This applies to the whole column, not just row 2 as in my example. This would give, for example, results of ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

How do I set the cell value to 0
I want the cell to change back to 0 after I type in a number and hit enter, I have a formula in another cell that uses the number I enter, but if the cell does not return to zero directly after I hit enter, it will keep adding whatever number is in the cell. Please Help! This tiny macro does what you want to cell A1, You can adapt it to any cell. Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Value = 0 Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Remember that this is worksheet code...

Update values on large amount of records
Hi. I need to change a value on 16000 leads. How can I do it without run a workflow rule form a View ? (A view can show at maximum 100 records, so I would need to run the rule 160 times...) Sebastiano Sebastiano, I would try running an update directly from Query Analyzer on the LeadBase table. This is assuming the that new values is something easy to set. If you need to do something more advanced (like changing the owner or another GUID field), then this still might work, but I would recommend testing first. Matt "Sebastiano Castrini" <[remove this]castrini@libero.it>...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Returning multiple values #2
Hi Sheet 2 A1:A200 contains surnames Sheet 2 B1:B200 contains first names I would like to type in a particular surname (Smith for example) and get a list of all the first names related to the surname returned in a seperate column Any ideas? Why not just use data>filter>autofilter. Record a macro and modify to re-use -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthony Slater" <anthony.slater@go.com.mt> wrote in message news:1f57d01c4579e$fa9207a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Sheet 2 A1:A200 contains surnames > Sheet 2 B1:B200 contains first name...

IIf statement in query, Null value change to "0"
I have two fileds (OT and DT) that I am trying to add together in a third field in a query. Access will not let me do so if one of the values is null. Therefore, I am trying to change the value to "0" if the field is null. I have come up with the following two expressions: IIf(IsNull([OT]),"0",[OT]) and IIf(IsNull([DT]),"0",[DT]) However when I use the espressions in criteria, the null values do not change to "0". Any suggestions? Is there a way to get the values of the two fields added together without changing the null fields to...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...