Default Price Lists

Hi

Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating
a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Many Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I need to do the same thing.  It's driving me nuts trying to get around
it!
If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Mark Braithwaite wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating
> a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided?
>
> I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice.
>
> Many Thanks

0
WiLLerZ
8/28/2006 11:42:12 PM
This was also an issue for me and was able to get it resolved.

here is some jscript that can be used within the form OnLoad Event (we have
it on the Opportunity form.) Basically, when the form loads it loads with the
default price list we specified in the code below

if (crmForm.FormType ==1)
{
var oField = crmForm.all.pricelevelid;
var aoItems = new Array();
aoItems[0] = new LookupControlItem("{GUID}",<ObjectTypeCode>,
"NameofPriceList"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; }

** replace the GUID with the GUID of the Object (I grabbed this from the
dbase).  The object code can be determined by going to
http://crmserver/sdk/list.aspx.  The PriceLevel Object code is 1022

Here is what it looks like with the data entered.
if (crmForm.FormType ==1)
{
var oField = crmForm.all.pricelevelid;
var aoItems = new Array();
aoItems[0] = new
LookupControlItem("{caa735a4-bada-443e-a7d2-2a8224479672}",<1022>, "Base

"WiLLerZ" wrote:

> I need to do the same thing.  It's driving me nuts trying to get around
> it!
> If anyone can help, that'd be great.
>
> Mark Braithwaite wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating
> > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided?
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice.
> >
> > Many Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your response. I would like to ask what your default price list
(I am mot too familiar with coding) and what the result is?

Thanks a lot

"MDV1457" wrote:

> This was also an issue for me and was able to get it resolved.
>
> here is some jscript that can be used within the form OnLoad Event (we have
> it on the Opportunity form.) Basically, when the form loads it loads with the
> default price list we specified in the code below
>

> if (crmForm.FormType ==1)
> {
> var oField = crmForm.all.pricelevelid;
> var aoItems = new Array();
> aoItems[0] = new LookupControlItem("{GUID}",<ObjectTypeCode>,
> "NameofPriceList"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; }
>
> ** replace the GUID with the GUID of the Object (I grabbed this from the
> dbase).  The object code can be determined by going to
> http://crmserver/sdk/list.aspx.  The PriceLevel Object code is 1022
>
> Here is what it looks like with the data entered.
> if (crmForm.FormType ==1)
> {
> var oField = crmForm.all.pricelevelid;
> var aoItems = new Array();
> aoItems[0] = new
> LookupControlItem("{caa735a4-bada-443e-a7d2-2a8224479672}",<1022>, "Base
> Price List"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; }
>
> "WiLLerZ" wrote:
>
> > I need to do the same thing.  It's driving me nuts trying to get around
> > it!
> > If anyone can help, that'd be great.
> >
> > Mark Braithwaite wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating
> > > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided?
> > >
> > > I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice.
> > >
> > > Many Thanks

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Data Validation Lookup List from Another File
Hi, Without duplicating the cell contents in the current spreadsheet (call it Template), is there anyway to have a dropdown list of items (starting in cell T38 and going down to T45) from another file ([Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2 to C whatever row which will change). Then, when the item is selected from the list in T38, lookup the cell to the left in row D of Price_List.xls and put it in S38. The reason I don't want to duplicate the cell contents in the current spreadsheet is because the file will be way too large to deal with. I hope that explains it well enough Thanks for any he...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

drop down lists #6
thanks to some members of the forum i now have drop down lists on my spreadsheet, however... i have to input say 20 peoples information in a month and i was woundering if i could set it up so that i can use the one drop down list to deal with all 20 peopels, so for example.. person 1 wants 'shoes', click cell a2, click on shoes from table and it is inputed. person 2 wants 'hats', click cell a3, click on shoes from table and its inputed. etc at present i can only control one cell, with one drop down list, can a condition on something be places so that i can save my spreadshe...

distribution list - hide names
What is the BEST way to send the same email message to a large group of customers, but control what the recipient sees in the "To:" field of the email they receive? Sample distribution list "My Customers" Miles Smith (msmith@abbott.com) Michael Dell (mdell@dell.com) Steve Balmer (sbalmer@microsoft.com) I know by default that when I choose a distribution list such as "My Customers" in the "To" field when I create the message, it looks like To: + My Customers on my screen, but when the email is received by each person, their email looks like "T...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Difference between List<T>.Sort() and List<T>OrderBy()
Hi, What is the difference between List<T>.Sort() and List<T>OrderBy()? They seem to do essentially the same thing with different syntax. I know that they have different signatures and Sort sorts the present list while OrderBy returns a new list, but it seems that the actual sorting is really the same. Is there any significant difference? Would either one be prefered? Thanks, Ethan Ethan Strauss wrote: > Hi, > What is the difference between List<T>.Sort() and List<T>OrderBy()? > They seem to do essentially the same thing with different...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

Sales Edit List Batch Totals
I printed a Sales Edit List containing invoices in SOP. Both the Batch Total and TRX Total in this batch are incorrect. Three times I have printed this report and every time I get a different total and the total is not correct. No one has added or take out transactions from the batch. I run the utility to reconcile batch information, and the total is still incorrect. What should I do? -- Patti Hi Patti-- Instead of printing an edit list, can you try selecting Batch List instead? Thanks, Christina Cristina, Thank you for your suggestion. That is exactly what it was. Some Order...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

add external users to group/address list
Hi... Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all to be displayed in the same address list or group. I tried creating mail enabled users for external users but didnt work. What is the right method? Thanks Mail-enabled contacts. taco wrote: > Hi... > > Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that > contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all > to be displayed in the same address list or group. > ...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Distribution List #2
How do I import a distribution list that someone emailed to me so that I can use it in outlook 2002 ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...

How to make distribution list from database.
Hi. I have a database containing 3000 members. Every week we send a mail to all members - this is done manually. Is it possible to extract the mail address from the database and put them in a distribution list, witch we can send our newsletter to. My thought is that this can be an automatic process. Regards Morten. A query based DL could do the job. "morten" wrote: > Hi. > > I have a database containing 3000 members. Every week we send a mail to > all members - this is done manually. Is it possible to extract the mail > address from the database and put them...