Deactivated contacts show up under accounts

When I look at the contacts listed under an account, deactivated contacts
also show up. This is confusing as it includes duplicate accounts that have
been merged.
--
scoan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am having a similar problem, I have created a custom view for our database
manager to use - but she sees all the deactivated records as well. If we
select "active records" that fixes it but she loses the custom view - and i
cant see where in the custom view setup box to show only "active records"
There is a filter but it is more aimed at fields...

--
Brendon Reid

"scoan" wrote:

> When I look at the contacts listed under an account, deactivated contacts
> also show up. This is confusing as it includes duplicate accounts that have
> been merged.
> --
> scoan
I am having the same problem - I have created a custom view for our database
lady to use - but it shows all the deactivated records as well.

There is a filter in the custom view setup - but it seems to be aimed more
at fields than whole records

If you set your view to active it may solve your problem
--
Brendon Reid

"scoan" wrote:

> When I look at the contacts listed under an account, deactivated contacts
> also show up. This is confusing as it includes duplicate accounts that have
> been merged.
> --
> scoan

Macro cases for accounting/banking/financing
Hi, I started learning Macro several weeks ago. But I am very confused while reading the book that I have. I am just wondering how I would be able to use these features. Would you please show me some of the cases that you would use Macro in accounting/banking/financing field. Thanks You'll do better at exam time if you do the research yourself. Search in Google, using keywords like accounting, Excel, macro, and you should find lots of examples. Jon wrote: > Hi, > > I started learning Macro several weeks ago. But I am very confused while > reading the book that I have. ...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...

Distribution list only shows up in GAL after re-boot.
I have been on a new job for about two weeks now, the guy before me seems to have had no clue when he set a lot of this stuff up. I digress, anyway, when I first got there and tried to set up my mailbox, I had to reboot the server to get it to show up. Since I have created other mailboxes and no problems. I have been working on trying to gt a distribution list to show up since last week, finally rebooted today and it showed up. Please, does anyone have a clue about this? I am moving exchange to a new box probably this week, hoping this helps, right now it resides on the DC. Any items in the ...

What's the "contributions" account?
I have several accounts with Charles Schwab, and in some reports and extra "account" shows up. It's called "Charles Schwab Investment (contributions). It has a small amount of money in it and I can't match it with any of the "real" accounts. Where does this come from? Investmetn Cash accounts are typically used for brokerage type accounts where the broker will retain your cash between trades that go in the Investment Account. Money forces them to be created for accounts marked as Retimernent accounts; why this HAS to be is a question for the ages. ...

email signature showing up yellow font
Outlook - an email signature is showing up in a light yellow font even though in the signature options it is in black font. Any ideas? ...

Can I cut and paste email messages into a cell and it only show when I click on the cell?
Thanks Colin Colin, I don't believe that you can do that. You could paste the email messages to another sheet and then use a hyperlink to goto it or use a vba form solution. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "colincurious@hotmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > Colin > > Hi Colin, You could use a Worksheet SelectionChange event procedure to render the contents of certain cells invisible unless the cell is the active cell. For Example, this results in A1, B1 and G4 only being visible on the sheet (still...

Exchange 2003 public contact folder
I have Exchange 2003 running on my network and the users have expressed interest in having one main contact list they can all access and add contacts to. Is there a step by step out there that will show how to do this. If so, please advise. I believe this can be done through public folders. Note, will this public contact list still have the functionality of other contact folders? ie: they will be able to send an email by clicking on the contact. ...

Different tabs on the entity "accounts" according to the Business unit of the user
Hi there! I am in the middle of an installation where there are three different Business Units of the same organization. Actually, those three business units are three different companies of the same owner and they have to share a common database of accounts (their activities are quite similar). My problem is that I have created some new tabs in the entity "accounts" in order to handle financial data coming from their ERP system. What they need is to prevent users from one business unit having access to the fiancial data of the other business unit. Is there any way to hide tabs acco...

CRM task are not showing up in outlook?
One of our workstations is not showing the task that are created in CRM in the task under outlook. He also recieves a permissions error after creating the task but it still post in CRM. the other workstations work just fine. uninstalled outlook crm and reinstalled and that fixed my problem >-----Original Message----- >One of our workstations is not showing the task that are >created in CRM in the task under outlook. He also >recieves a permissions error after creating the task but >it still post in CRM. the other workstations work just >fine. >. > ...

Exporting Accounts Receivable/Invoices
How do I export the accounts receivable/invoices so that I can import them into quicken? When I hit the export files accounts receivable is not in the list of files to export. ...

History view under Account
For email messages that are tracked in CRM from Outlook the description is showing HTML tags and all of the DOCTYPE info instead of the actual content. Is there anyway that we can get this to only display the actual text instead of HTML? Beyond changing the outgoing email type to text. ...

Date/Time Show When Changes Made
Hi, When changes are made in a table or form, I want the date and time to appear showing me when changes were made in any of the fields. How can it work? MTIA. It's not possible if you're working directly with tables. Using foms, you have to put code into the form's BeforeUpdate event to update the row's LastChanged field (which, of course, you have to add to the table yourself) You might find what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html to be useful. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Beame...

External e-mail contacts
Hi I want to setup an e-mail account for an external contact, so when we look down our address list we have all our users, plus these external contacts. We are running Exchange 2000, with Windows 2K. Cheers Simon Create an new e-mail Contact. MC. "Simon" wrote: > Hi > > I want to setup an e-mail account for an external contact, so when we look > down our address list we have all our users, plus these external contacts. We > are running Exchange 2000, with Windows 2K. > > Cheers > > Simon Simon wrote: > Hi > > I want to setup an e-ma...

Imports from Quicken2004 show zero balances in MM2004
I was hoping that when I import Quicken 2004 files to Microsoft Money 2004 all my prior entries (since 1996)in Quicken would appear in MS Money. The accounts all imported correctly but they all show $0.00 balances. Probably I am not doing something correctly. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your kind attention. M2004 is not able to import Q2004 files. Because Money is released before Quicken it is always a year version behind. So M2004 can import Q2003. Hopefully M2005 will import Q2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support...

Adding an account to TD Ameritrade
I have brokerage account at Ameritrade; I created it in Money 2008 and now, under "Investments Accounts" I have an Ameritrade account that includes a "cash" and an "Investments" ones. My problem is that lately TD Ameritrade created a "Money Market" account where any cash amount is transferred until reinvested in stocks. What I would like to do is to add a new "account" to the Ameritrade group but I have not found a way to do it. Money help advise to enter the amount withdrawn from the "cash" account to the "Investments&quo...

Problems with EXCHANGE e-mail account under Enourage Office 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167895906_820396 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use my exchange e-mail account under Entourage Office Mac X with no problem. But with Office Mac 2004 I try to setup the same e-mail account with exactly the same settings and it does not work. NEED HELP with setup an exchange e-mail under Entourage Office 2004. ANY IDEAS? Michael Schnabel --B_3167895906_820396 Content-type: text/html; char...

Deactivate features
I just accidentally deleted all the items in my deleted items folder by accidentally clicking on "Empty "Deleted Items" Folder". Is there a way to deactivate this option? Thanks for any help. -- Bob Becker bob@becker.org www.becker.org No, you can't disable the ability to empty the trash can, just as you can't stop the cleaning crew from emptying your office trash can. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outl...

how to associate outlook today with one or more email accounts
hi all, It appears to me that whenever I add a new email account, there comes up a new fold which is in the SAME level with outlook today . the outlook today INBOX has never been useful . So I am wondering , is there anyway that I can creat accounts without introducing new top level folders, but only keep their inboxes as subdirectories of the outlook today INBOX ? how can do it ? tong If you're adding IMAP or HTTP mail accounts that's what happens. You can't change that behavior. POP3 mail accounts all feed into the common Inbox folder under "Outlook ...

Deactivate button on criteria
I had created a button to run a macro and insert some value in 2 cells. How can I deactivate the button whenever the operation is complete, and only re-activating it provided that the contents in both the cells are cleared or deleted? There are two different buttons that you could have used. One is from the Forms toolbar and one is from the Control toolbox toolbar. When you click on the button, what name shows up in the name box (to the left of the formula bar)? If it looks like "Commandbutton1", it's probably from the control toolbox toolbar. If it looks like "Butt...

How make my own wizard that shows up in new->project
How do I make my own wizard that will show up in new->project that will create the folder and make the project file and some starting template .h and .cpp files? Can it be done using Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition? ...

Problem importing accounts
I have installe Dynamics crm, when i try to import accounts the job goes in waiting status (other jobs are in completed status) in the error message i get the following error: I'am getting the following errors in the event log: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. in System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse (SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) in System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (String methodName, Object [] parameters) in Microsoft.Crm...

Having user defined styles in one doc show up in all other docs

Customization auto populate account lookup from contact data
I am customizing the CASE form on 3.0. I have added the system attribute called 'responsiblecontactid', (Schema Name) which is a relationship that creates a lookup to Contacts. This is how the CSR's will begin the form, by collecting the caller's name and associating them with their contact record, which we hope is in the system already. Next, once we find the customer's CONTACT record, I'd like to then automatically hook into the onChange() event to populate the CUSTOMER attribute, (schema Name = 'customerid') which is actually a relationship that crea...

Email Accounts #17
Where do I find all the required information to set up an Email Account. I know it says from your ISP but how the heck do you do that. I've tried going to the web page and right clicking for the properties but that seems to be no help... Use the FAQ links on your ISP web page and browse for email settings. Right clicking on the web page doesn't do squat for finding information listed on your ISP web page. Since you are using AOL, use the AOL help files to learn how to configure Outlook to use your AOL mail. Is it a non-standard configuration. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Outlook 2003 SP2 crashes sometimes while opening "other contacts"
Hi! We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (cached mode) with Exchange 2003 SP2 in our environment. Since a few months myself and some other users are experiencing the problem, that Outlook is sometimes crashing, when we click on any contact in "other contacts" (some public folders that are added to favourites). The applications log says Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module emsmdb32.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599ef9, debug? 0, fault address 0x00091956. The fault address is always the same. I cant exactly say since when the problems occu...