De-Americanising CRM Forms?

Hi,

I've recently deployed CRM 3.0 in a test environment for our sales &
marketing guys to test. One thing that they have asked, is can we
De-Americanise the forms? i.e. Rather than State/Province have County,
rather than Zip/Postal Code just Post Code (Personally, if you know what
means what, I can't see why it matters). Is this possible? I've done a
search for "ZIP" & "State" of the drive where CRM is installed, and it's
returned a load of html pages under "wwwroot\Help" but these are just the
help pages.

Any help/Suggestions appreciated

Ben

0
benb
10/10/2006 12:23:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ben,

you just need to customise all the forms and attributes. In all cases (as
far as I'm aware) the display name can be edited.
Just go to Settings > Customization and then choose the object you want to
edit - eg Account.

We have done exactly this with many of our forms.

Ian

"benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've recently deployed CRM 3.0 in a test environment for our sales &
> marketing guys to test. One thing that they have asked, is can we
> De-Americanise the forms? i.e. Rather than State/Province have County,
> rather than Zip/Postal Code just Post Code (Personally, if you know what
> means what, I can't see why it matters). Is this possible? I've done a
> search for "ZIP" & "State" of the drive where CRM is installed, and it's
> returned a load of html pages under "wwwroot\Help" but these are just the
> help pages.
>
> Any help/Suggestions appreciated
>
> Ben

0
Ian
10/10/2006 12:34:32 PM
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

I've gone though into Settings > Customization and edited both Accounts &
Contacts. I've gone into 'Forms and Views' and changed the labels for 'the
main application form' to post code & county, also gone into 'Attributes'
and changed the 'Display Name' for Address1_postalcode,
Address1_stateorprovince, Address2_postalcode and Address2_stateorprovince.

However, when I go back and try to create a new Customer Contact, it still
shows 'State/Province' and 'Zip/Postal Code' in the form.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to restart IIS on the CRM server,
or anything?

Cheers

Ben

"Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ben,
>
> you just need to customise all the forms and attributes. In all cases (as
> far as I'm aware) the display name can be edited.
> Just go to Settings > Customization and then choose the object you want to
> edit - eg Account.
>
> We have done exactly this with many of our forms.
>
> Ian
>
> "benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've recently deployed CRM 3.0 in a test environment for our sales &
>> marketing guys to test. One thing that they have asked, is can we
>> De-Americanise the forms? i.e. Rather than State/Province have County,
>> rather than Zip/Postal Code just Post Code (Personally, if you know what
>> means what, I can't see why it matters). Is this possible? I've done a
>> search for "ZIP" & "State" of the drive where CRM is installed, and it's
>> returned a load of html pages under "wwwroot\Help" but these are just the
>> help pages.
>>
>> Any help/Suggestions appreciated
>>
>> Ben

0
benb
10/10/2006 1:40:29 PM
You need to publish the changes !!

Jack

"benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi Ian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I've gone though into Settings > Customization and edited both Accounts &
> Contacts. I've gone into 'Forms and Views' and changed the labels for 'the
> main application form' to post code & county, also gone into 'Attributes'
> and changed the 'Display Name' for Address1_postalcode,
> Address1_stateorprovince, Address2_postalcode and
> Address2_stateorprovince.
>
> However, when I go back and try to create a new Customer Contact, it still
> shows 'State/Province' and 'Zip/Postal Code' in the form.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to restart IIS on the CRM server,
> or anything?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben
>

> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> you just need to customise all the forms and attributes. In all cases (as
>> far as I'm aware) the display name can be edited.
>> Just go to Settings > Customization and then choose the object you want
>> to edit - eg Account.
>>
>> We have done exactly this with many of our forms.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> "benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've recently deployed CRM 3.0 in a test environment for our sales &
>>> marketing guys to test. One thing that they have asked, is can we
>>> De-Americanise the forms? i.e. Rather than State/Province have County,
>>> rather than Zip/Postal Code just Post Code (Personally, if you know what
>>> means what, I can't see why it matters). Is this possible? I've done a
>>> search for "ZIP" & "State" of the drive where CRM is installed, and it's
>>> returned a load of html pages under "wwwroot\Help" but these are just
>>> the help pages.
>>>
>>> Any help/Suggestions appreciated
>>>
>>> Ben

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 15295 spam-mails
Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

0
Jack
10/10/2006 3:04:01 PM
Hi Jack,

Thanks that's worked

Ben

"Jack Nielsen" <no_spam jack.nielsen@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> You need to publish the changes !!
>
> Jack
>
> "benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> skrev i en meddelelse
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> I've gone though into Settings > Customization and edited both Accounts &
>> Contacts. I've gone into 'Forms and Views' and changed the labels for
>> 'the main application form' to post code & county, also gone into
>> 'Attributes' and changed the 'Display Name' for Address1_postalcode,
>> Address1_stateorprovince, Address2_postalcode and
>> Address2_stateorprovince.
>>
>> However, when I go back and try to create a new Customer Contact, it
>> still shows 'State/Province' and 'Zip/Postal Code' in the form.
>>
>> Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to restart IIS on the CRM
>> server, or anything?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ben
>>

>> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> you just need to customise all the forms and attributes. In all cases
>>> (as far as I'm aware) the display name can be edited.
>>> Just go to Settings > Customization and then choose the object you want
>>> to edit - eg Account.
>>>
>>> We have done exactly this with many of our forms.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>>
>>> "benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> wrote in message

> Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
> Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 15295 spam-mails
> Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
> Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

0
benb
10/10/2006 3:57:26 PM
Yes you can do this. In fact, county is one of the fields in the CRM
database anyway. So for e.g. Contact, you'd go to settings/customisation and
navigate to 'customize entities' and then to Contact. Go to Forms and views
and edit the form for the contact to remove State/Province and add in County
(Add fields). Select the field 'Zip/Postalcode' and choose Change
properties - this lets you change the field label.

You'll need to save the changes, and to see them, publish the changes
(button at the top of the list of 'customize entities').

As you can tell from the inconsistent use of 's' and 'z', I've done this
before :-)

"benb" <benblackmore@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've recently deployed CRM 3.0 in a test environment for our sales &
> marketing guys to test. One thing that they have asked, is can we
> De-Americanise the forms? i.e. Rather than State/Province have County,
> rather than Zip/Postal Code just Post Code (Personally, if you know what
> means what, I can't see why it matters). Is this possible? I've done a
> search for "ZIP" & "State" of the drive where CRM is installed, and it's
> returned a load of html pages under "wwwroot\Help" but these are just the
> help pages.
>
> Any help/Suggestions appreciated
>
> Ben

0
Martin

Indica si al responder al correo electr�nico los nombres y las direcciones de correo electr�nico de los destinatarios deben agregarse a la Libreta de direcciones.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C73259.E2EDC560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit _____ Indica si al responder al correo electr�nico los nombres y las direcciones de correo electr�nico de los destinatarios deben agregarse a la Libreta de direcciones. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C73259.E2EDC560 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEA...

Exchange and CRM e-mail and calandar integration
Are the calendering features in Exchange 2003 and CRM 1.2 indepenedent of each other? If I create a appointment in CRM I do not see in Exchage and vis versa. I have the exchange router installed. -SKP The appointments won't sync until the users does an offline synchronization in the SFO client. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:41:35 -0400, "SKP" <skp@sargam.com> wrote: Are the calendering features in Exchange 2003 and CRM 1.2 indepenedent of each other? If I create a appointment in...

Form Design 03-24-10
Currently I have a form created for the purpose of data entry. Each record has a group of data from the Master and 3 subforms from 3 tables. There are a lot of row data in the subforms requiring going down the rows using the arrow as space is limited. Is it possible to create one data input form with 4 tabs or dividers as in a book for each record where more rows can be viewed in each subform. If possible, would help greatly if there is a step by step manual showing how to achieve this effect. Thanks. ...

MYOB and CRM
Hi, Is there an integration between the CRM and the back office accounting app? Thanks. Tony ------=_NextPart_0001_C52F189E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Tony, There is an integration between Microsoft CRM version 1.0 or 1.2 and Great Plains version 7.0 and 7.5. If you want to get the CD, you will need to contact Sales Operations (1-800-456-0025 option 2) to get the CD. There is information out on Customer and Partnersource as well about the Integration. Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided "AS IS...

CRM 3.0 DB is too large
Hi all, We use CRM3.0 customer service for our helpdesk application with 4Gb RAM and Dual Intel Xeon Processor 3.6 Ghz (DB Server). For 8 months, the application run well but now we can't use the application because there is no space in server MSSQL folder. And I see that the db is too large (182 Gb for mdb file and 80 Gb for log file). FYI, We've already created MSSQL Maintenance for backup the db and log. In the maintenance schedule, we do the full backup db every Sunday and the log every day. And we also do the shrink for the CRM db. Please help me to give the solution for our...

CRM implementation
Hi, I am totaly new in MS CRM I need few tips. 1. What is time needed for implementing Sales CRM module 2. Is it possible to integrate MS CRM Sales with third party solution and if so what is prefered way. Thanks in adv Time to implement CRM sales? Well for example from scratch I could build a new server, load up crm and be running in under 4 hours. However that only gives me a default CRM install. In a client situation that real time is taken up with determining how crm needs to be changed to fit their business etc. Then training etc. CRM also has an SDK to enable you to write co...

Telenet nieuwsgroepen mededeling: nieuwsserver adres aanpassen/Attention: modification de l'adresse du serveur de newsgroup
Beste klant, Telenet heeft een migratie gedaan van haar nieuwsservers. Wat betekent dit concreet voor jou als gebruiker? Er verandert niets aan de service, maar om verder gebruik te maken van de Telenet nieuwsgroepen service moet je bij de instellingen van je nieuwslezer het adres van de nieuwsserver veranderen van news.telenet.be of newsbin.telenet.be in newsgroups.telenet.be. Verder dien je de authenticatie op deze nieuwsserver uit te schakelen. Met vriendelijke groeten, Het Telenet team --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

CRM 3.0 and Partners
When will partners receive our product key for Microsoft CRM 3.0? Also, do you know where we could find the documentation for migrating data from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0? Thank you in advance for your time. We got our license keys earlier this week. Here is a good place to start looking for info on 1.2 to 3.0 migration. https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources.asp There is also information in the Implementation Guide relted to upgrading. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Cayla" <Cayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF8B6080-CC14-4C2C-AF...

Self created forms
Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? Thanks That depends on whether you saved the form as an .oft file, published it, etc. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Thomas Frisch" <thfrisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eazeGp2DFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? > > Thanks "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <...

Cube on CRM
Hi, I was wondering if I am able to use SQL Server Analysis tools to create a cube on MS CRM? Am I able to access the MS CRM database directly from SQL Server Analysis Tools Kindly assist pls Thanks yup ive done couple of joins with a custom db + crm db. "johnsonchiew@chassasia.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering if I am able to use SQL Server Analysis > tools to create a cube on MS CRM? > > Am I able to access the MS CRM database directly from SQL > Server Analysis Tools > > Kindly assist pls > > Thanks > It is quite possible to...

email form
why will the email form when published on the net give an error "not found on server" the server is running frontpage extentions. Refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 first 4 items and the very last item need to be reviewed. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159801c53ce0$8f927c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > why will the email form when published on the net give an > error "not found on server" the server is running > frontpage extentions. ...

User Form Problem #2
I have done some reading on using User Forms within VBA. I am taking data from the form and putting it to an Excel worksheeet. Here is the code I have so far... This all works... Private Sub cmdSaveData_Click() Dim LastRow As Object Sheets("DailyData").Select Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtDate.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtRawPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtRawSolids.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 3).Value = txtFrenchFryPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 4).Value = txtBatterPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 5).Value ...

Modify Default Forms
How to I add my customer's email address to thier Statement. How to add Company Name to Charges and payments printed on the 40 Column Recipt How to Set the 40 Column Recipt to print to one page with the signature space on the bottom. ...

Download CRM for Partners
We're certified Microsoft Partners and we are needing a CRM realease in Spanish. Is it possible to download it? -- Rafael E. Olarte Sales Rep. Vendeur eBusiness Solutions S.A. Bogotá, Colombia Rafael. You should recieved the installation Keys in the January certified partner monthly box. You can download the spanish versión form MSDN. Also tell Rodrigo or Diego to contact me and I can Copy the CDs for you. Fernando López Dinámica IT S.A. flopez@dinamicait.com Bogotá, Colombia "Rafael Olarte" wrote: > We're certified Microsoft Partners a...

change the language in CRM demo
Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want use it in french)? You need to uninstall the CRM and re-install the appropriate language version. Dave "aidah" <aidah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE15EE69-EA9C-4D47-AA02-ECD2769DE48A@microsoft.com... > Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want > use > it in french)? As far as I am aware, each edition of CRM is language specific - I think you'll have to uninstall the English version and install the French one. "aidah" ...

Can`t send a mail in the CRM
We are doing a test with the CRM. We have installed the CRM without problem. The problem is: when a user try to send a mail to some contact we receive the next error: Communication error. Microsoft CRM key not found. Can anyone help me? You could try verifying if the proper registry key was installed in reference to the Microsoft CRM Exchange Email Router Try the following Edit the registry on the CRM Server and go to HKLM - Software - Microsoft - MSCR There should be a MailServerURL folder with an entry specifying the correct location of the exchange serve If this entry does not ex...

reports in crm
I have a problem. I have reinstall CRM in another server, but using the previous data bases, new data bases were not created. the problem is that when I do click in algun it reports, does not find the archives .rtp those archives do not are installed in the new server. some knows as to install single the part of the reports? thanks. ...

Opportunity product custom form
Is it possible to add custom form to opportunity product screen? Thanks ...

Import Data using Forms
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into an exisiting table in access? Thank you!! You can use the TransferSpreadsheet Method to import a spreadsheet. The click event of the button would run the code you write for the import. "carolini" <carolini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B2F52-96CD-421B-A940-A200A0D129CF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into > an > exisiting table in access? > > Thank you!! > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:24...

Inserting Data from form into table
I am trying to populate a table from a form that I am pulling information in from other tables. I am trying to get it when I enter the date that it will insert the information into the table. I am getting an errror (There was an error adding the record.3001, Arguments are of the wrong tyype, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another). I have check the spell and the names in my module and every thing seems to be ok. Could somebody please help me firgure out why I am getting this error. Below is my Module: Private Sub dated_AfterUpdate() Dim sql As S...

CRM Adapter and SQL2005
We read the preq's and have Windows SBS with GP90 and CRM30, but it's telling me that SQL2000 must be installed. This is a new GP install and we're already on SQL2005. Is there a patch or work around that let's the GP90 CRM30 adapter work with SQL2005? Thanks, mdillon@on-targetsolutions.net If you are talking about the GP/CRM integration, then no there isn't. The integration is built on top of BizTalk 2004 and that is not supported on SQL 2005. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "G Fields" <GFields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

CRM Templates
HI Does anyone has CRM Verticals Templates for Manufacturing & Government... Details are available on www.codepex.com/crmverticalstemplates Not being able to download!!!!! Regards Did not have a problem to download them. Did you try this URL: http://www.codeplex.com/crmverticaltemplates/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=6209 ??? "Ritesh" wrote: > HI > Does anyone has CRM Verticals Templates for Manufacturing & Government... > > Details are available on www.codepex.com/crmverticalstemplates > > Not being able to download!!!!! > > Reg...

Create controls on form through VBA
I want to auto-create a form based on input in a table, so I am looking for sample code showing: - How to place a control on a form through VBA Hi as starting point: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip76.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JJ wrote: > I want to auto-create a form based on input in a table, so > I am looking for sample code showing: > > - How to place a control on a form through VBA Here is an example based upon selecting from a checkbox Private Sub CreateControl() Dim newButton As msforms.Control Select Case True Case chkText.Value ...

"Unspecified Error" placing DrawingControl on a form
Hello, I'm re-posting this message in hopes of getting a reply. I have a 30-day Visio Evaluation kit which now only has about 2 weeks left. I'm creating a VB6 app and using the DrawingControl. However, as soon as I place the control on the form I get "Unspecified Error" and I'm unable to add the control to the form. I've uninstalled/Re-installed which did not help. Any ideas? Vic Try placing the control on the form via code. I've had many problems with the visio control disappearing from the (VS.NET) designer after weeks of coding. You then have to go...

Always prompted to log on to CRM
Why am I always prompted to log on to CRM? I am already authenticated through Windows. When I launch CRM I thought I would not be required to log on again. Is there some type of setting I need to configure to avoid unnecesssary logons? Thanks Peter I tried the setting "Automatic Logon with user name and password" and "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone" and neither of these work; I still am prompted to logon each time I launch CRM. We are using Windows 2003 Std with Exchange 2003. Dave "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...