Date Field 01-05-04

Hi,
I have a couple of questions and i would appreciate it a
lot of someone can help me out here.

1. Is there any way a date field (e.g. created on) can
display both the date and time value????
2. How can I create a field in MS CRM whose value is
dependent on another field?

Thank you,
Shereen
0
Shereen
1/5/2004 9:35:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. don't know I can't seem to get the time to display either in fields only
the date.

2. You do that in the deployment manager by mapping the dependent field to
the source field.  this only happens once when the data is first entered.

Jerry

iBizInitiatives

"Shereen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a couple of questions and i would appreciate it a
> lot of someone can help me out here.
>
> 1. Is there any way a date field (e.g. created on) can
> display both the date and time value????
> 2. How can I create a field in MS CRM whose value is
> dependent on another field?
>
> Thank you,
> Shereen

0
Jerry
1/5/2004 4:32:24 PM
1) You could use javascript to access the underlying form xml, and modify
the display of the date/time, or display the time beside the date field.
(Adding js directly to a form isn't supported).
2) By creating an js onchange event for the data field in the schema
manually, and importing the schema.

Mike

"Shereen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a couple of questions and i would appreciate it a
> lot of someone can help me out here.
>
> 1. Is there any way a date field (e.g. created on) can
> display both the date and time value????
> 2. How can I create a field in MS CRM whose value is
> dependent on another field?
>
> Thank you,
> Shereen

0
GreaterThanTwo

filter by date and action

Pivot Tables 12-05-09
I have just begun to work with pivot tables and need to make my format look like the following. I want to use the pivot table to develop work schedules and want the finished product to look like the format below: Data: name date title 0000 0100 0200 0300 0400 0500 xxx xxx xxx x x x x x x I want the report format to look the same as above. How can I get it to look like this? Some great examples here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm http://www.babeled.com/2008/07/18/excel-pivot-table-tutorial-wizard-usage-and-basic-man...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

Enable fields based on drop down choice
Background: we give evaluations on a number of positions, each has 2 stages. Those evaluations cover 28 different areas, but the areas tested vary by position and stage. In my data-entry form, there is a combo-box for position, a combo-box for stage, and a text box (for a 1-5) rating for each area. What I want to do is disable the fields for areas that are unnecessary when the user selects the position and stage (in 2 separate fields). ...

Calculated Fields 04-18-07
We're helping someone with a relatively basic requirement for CRM, but they've thrown two awkward ones into the mix. The first of which is a desire to use some custom fields on an entity which are then automatically totalled. e.g. when they do a quote each item on the quote (free entry) has a custom field for the cost to the organisation of providing the service. On the main quote screen/report they need these to be totalled, in the same way that the built-in sell-price fields are. Is this possible without reaching for Visual Studio? I've had a look through a pile of...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Refering to fields on master from from subform
I have a text box on a subform, that I am using an IIf statement in, so that if the field ([IUSA]) on the parent form Is Null, returns "No data for this record", else returns "IUSA Data" as a caption. The code: =IIf([Form].[ProspectForm].[IUSA] Is Null,"RefUSA record not connected","RefUSA Data") Am I referring to the field on the parent form (ProspectForm) incorrectly, because it isn't working? It returns #Name? thanks in advance! magmike Where you have form, it should be forms: =IIf([Forms].[ProspectForm].[IUSA] Is Null,"RefUSA record no...

Price per Unit in Opportunity Products field??
In CRM, when entering products for a given opportunity, is there a way to make the Price Per Unit field a user input field instead of getting it from a price list? When you create an opportunity you have to select a price list. When you add products, you have to select the product from a price list and it populates the Price Per Unit field on the Opportunity Product form. I need to have this field be a user input or overridden field. I know you can do this at the opportunity level � overwrite the price. I need to do this at the Opportunity Product level and still have it rolled up / c...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

show all fields in the Outlook 2007 task form
I see that a contact has "Show All Fields". Where is this option for tasks? I'd like to see some of these things in the task form, not just the table view. It's in the same place, only the standard task form hides that page. You'd need to design a custom task form that has that page visible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "jay.meerdink@gmail.com" wrote: > I see that a contact has "Show All Fields"....

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

CRM customization 10-03-05
I need to be able to have a "company" field listed in the contact view. I have added the "Company" field to the schema, published the addition and run iireset. I have cutomized the contact form by removing "Salutation" and adding the new "Company" field but when I try to create a new contact, the "Salutation" field still shows and the "Company" field is not there. What am I dion wrong? Go reset IIS again. "brellim" wrote: > I need to be able to have a "company" field listed in the contact view. > I ...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...