Data migration wizard automation

We have more than 600 users data to import into our CRM4 implementation.  We
have developped extractor to build csv file and use the data migration wizard
to import those files.  For every user data files, we have to click button,
make choice, etc... We are looking for a way to automate or script the use of
the wizard.

Any hint?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

May try to prepare the import files and combine all of them together with a
column for the different ownership/users, so it will default to the proper
user.

Or look into more advance importing tool such as Scribe Software for
Microsoft CRM vs. DMM if you would want to script more automation.

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Jean-Francois Breton" wrote:

> We have more than 600 users data to import into our CRM4 implementation.  We
> have developped extractor to build csv file and use the data migration wizard
> to import those files.  For every user data files, we have to click button,
> make choice, etc... We are looking for a way to automate or script the use of
> the wizard.
>
> Any hint?
0
FrankLee (144)
9/15/2008 1:25:01 AM
Hi,

You should be able to migrate different user data at the same time only. I
mean a single CSV file can have contact records for all user. During
migration, DMM will assign them to appropriate owner depending on the user
mapping.

Migration is supposed to happen for all user together. Even you may have
dependency with different user data. For example User 1's contact depends on
User 2's account. If you migrate user 1 data first and then user 2,
dependencies will not be set up.

Thanks,
Koushik
"Jean-Francois Breton" <JeanFrancoisBreton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3CA16932-38DC-427B-9867-AEC466A145E2@microsoft.com...
> We have more than 600 users data to import into our CRM4 implementation.
> We
> have developped extractor to build csv file and use the data migration
> wizard
> to import those files.  For every user data files, we have to click
> button,
> make choice, etc... We are looking for a way to automate or script the use
> of
> the wizard.
>
> Any hint?

0
kobhatta (9)

windows media playist import to excel wizard
The import playlist wizard works on .asx files but Media Player 9 saves only in .wpl Is there a way to export a playlist from Medoa player 9 and then import to excel? ...

Smoothing Data?
If I have a list of numbers in a column such as:- 140 135 70 60 54 44 24 20 Is there a function to smooth the data, as I think the top end is a bit biased. What do you mean by Smoothing data? CurlyDave wrote: > What do you mean by Smoothing data? I know the top larger numbers are a bit too biased over the lower numbers. I'm not looking for an average. I guess I could plot them on a graph and get a linear representation? On Feb 8, 11:54=A0pm, Saxman <john.h.williamsremovet...@btinternet.com> wrote: > CurlyDave wrote: > > What do you mean by Smoothing data? > >...

Reading data into a 2 dimensional array
I want to analyse data in a 2 dimensional array but don't know how to get the data from the spreadsheet into the aray. In the old days of GWBASIC I would use the following lines: Dim Table(100,4) For I = 1 to 100 : For J = 1 to 4 Read Table(I,J) Next J : Next I I know macros can handle FOR/NEXT loops but how do you 'READ' the data that is, say, in the range A1:D100 ? Thanks in anticipation. See your second post. -- Regards, OssieMac "Under Pressure" wrote: > I want to analyse data in a 2 dimensional array but don't know ...

Which data occurred in a certain month
I have a list of events over a period of time and want to know which ones occurred in the month of July only. Any ideas? Thanks. Hi if you have stored the date values in column A try =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=7),--(YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brandy wrote: > I have a list of events over a period of time and want to > know which ones occurred in the month of July only. Any > ideas? > > Thanks. Autofilter with a date range Custom criterion in the date field such as ">30 Jun 04 and <1 Aug 04" (no quotes in the cr...

Format a chart to automatically update with last 26 data points?
I am trying to make a chart that will pull the most recent 26 weeks of data automatically so I won't have to go in and change the range every single week. I am adding the newest data to the right of the the existing data and would like to have the chart just to the right of the most recent data. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks! David See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html specifically example 2. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office p...

Redeploment wizard problem
Hi everybody, I have a problem running the redeploment wizard to mirror an existing CRM. The error gives this message: "An error occourred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." but I don't know what is wrong. Has Anybody an idea??? Thanks a lot Martin ...

Can I copy data from only the visible rows in Excel?
I want to select rows from a worksheet with some rows hidden, copy, and paste only the contents from the rows which are visible. How is this accopmplished? Sarah F5>Special>Visible cells only>OK Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:49:03 -0700, "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to select rows from a worksheet with some rows hidden, copy, and paste >only the contents from the rows which are visible. How is this accopmplished? ...

Why is my ComboBox "Data" Properties line grayed out?
I'm trying to update a legacy Visual C++ (V7.10) project. I added a new ComboBox from the Toolbox, and then right-clicked to access Properties. I want to supply the text strings to populate the drop-down menu, but the Data line in the Properties window is grayed out - I can't enter anything at all. The legacy project contains other ComboBoxes, which also have the Data line grayed out but have data present in DLGINIT blocks in the resource file. Why is the Data line grayed out? How can I enter data for my drop- down menu items? I just tried a test with all types and I could enter...

Is it possible to chart series data from multiple rows in a table?
I am trying to chart a series of data from multiple rows - ref the following table: YEAR JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC 1992 164278 164864 164221 165084 165920 166544 167284 168184 170158 170859 171531 173598 1993 175683 174121 172829 176710 178999 178772 180987 180996 182227 183233 185266 186538 1994 185948 188562 191756 192275 191300 193606 194229 196568 197876 200281 200301 201139 Can this be done without reformating the table? If so how? Thanks in advance for your help! Rule of thumb: If you spend five minutes fixing up your data, you will save five hours of frustr...

Import/Export CRM Live Data
I've read that you can import/export data from CRM Live to a CRM 4.0 On-Premise. Does anyone know how this is achieved? Is it just a bulk export/import? Import/export are the same for CRM Live and CRM 4.0. Or are you asking about a complete migration of the Live enviornment back to an On Premise (like a redeployment)? For out of the box, DMM is pretty much the main tool, need to export the CRM data to a CSV format first and then use DMM to load into the target MSCRM http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/04/microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-data-migration-manager-with-john-o-donnell....

Template Wizard with Data-Tracking for 2003
Hey, does anyone know if this add-in is available for Office 2003? It is kind of necessary for the small database I have in Excel. You can download the Excel Template Wizard here: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010346501033&CTT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 It says it applies to Excel 2002, but you can also use it in Excel 2003. Mike wrote: > Hey, does anyone know if this add-in is available for > Office 2003? It is kind of necessary for the small > database I have in Excel. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.c...

Using WMI to retrieve remote system data
Hi, I am trying to retrieve remote system information like processor information, OS information, etc via WMI.. When I'm trying to do a IWbemLocator::ConnectServer() it returns Access Denied. Its an expected behaviour as the user did not belong to the Admin group in the remtote system.. To overcome this, I have provided an option to take user inputs like User Name, Password and Domain name so that I could pass the same to Connect..This approach works but with a problem.. Here I could only connect to the remote system but cannot execute any query. When used the following method, it return...

Please add attachment functionality to the campaign wizard
When creating a campaign with a quick campaign or a full campaign it would be really handy to be able to add an attachement to an email task, so that on the bulk send the recipiant would recieve a defined liturature sample, currently this is pretty hard to do -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Saving account data will not save
Hello, When converting from lead and creating an account. it isn't possible anymore for me to update the address info. When i update the address info with for example a place the data will not save. This occurs when there was no data at lead level. When there was data at lead level the data is adjustable. What's the problem here? Tnx ...

Exchange Migration #8
how can i connect 2 seperate exchange organisations? we are about t migrate a e5.5 organisation which handles 5 email domains to ou seperate e2k3 system which handles just 2, there are about 6000 user which need to be migrated which shouldnt be a problem but we need t have them linked so that users are still able to acces -- djsmallma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djsmallman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=495 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187103821 there are 3rd party applications that do this...Quest's C...

Linking data from .CSV to Excel
Hello! I'm completely stuck. I have an excel spreadsheet that uses data fro a .CSV file. This data (all numbers) is linked to a sheet in th workbook. The problem is this: in order for the data to be updated, it is necessary to open up th .csv file whilst the workbook is open. This is a terrible hassle. have tried making a macro that opens the .csv file and then closes i again, but that doesn't appear to update the linked data fields. Th Edit/Links/...update links function won't work, since Excel say "External Copy: file format is not valid". Does anyone have any...

Excel Answer Wizard BROKEN
call this a flame if you want... for Years, I have tried to use the Excel Answer Wizzer, with extremely limited success. I have never found any source for suggestions about HOW to use it (including Excel Help) - for instance, I wantto UNLINK a workbook - can't find the answer anywhere. In the past I have found this usually means it can't be done, but GOD FORBID misero-soft tell me that. Have a great day. PS: return flames welcome at : nicboston@juno.com Hi Mark In the newer version you can use Edit>Links But I think you love this Add-in Try this Add-in to find the links ...

I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard.
I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard. (I ran once) How I can set the virtual server configuration back to default. Thanks, Holguer On Tue, 9 May 2006 11:58:02 -0700, Holguer W. Borja <HolguerWBorja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard. (I ran once) >How I can set the virtual server configuration back to default. > >Thanks, > >Holguer You shouldn't need to run it again. What is it that makes you think you need to run it again. ...

Export Specification Wizard Error
I’m trying to get to the Export Wizard to define the specification for my query. The query has a parameter to run based on a date range of a form. But when I click on the query for export, the wizard will not appear, it gives the error “too few parameters. Expected 2”. However, when I remove the parameter from my query, the wizard pops up just fine. How do I get to the wizard still using my parameter in my query: between [forms]![frmupload]![fromdate] AND [forms]![frmupload]![todate] In the end, when I click on the button on the form, it will transfer the text from my query, using the export...

Template Wizard Addin Program
I have recently acquired an upgrade version of Office 2003 & Installed it on a different computer from my previous Office 2000 version (IOW, a fresh install, not an upgrade install per se). When I try to use an existing XL2000 data file generated by the old invoice wizard, XL2003: 1. Won't display the custom tool bar (oddly, unless I launch Word 2003 and then return to XL2003!) and 2. When I try to write the form data to the database, I get a message indicating that I need to install the "Template Wizard Addin Program." When I click "help" from this dialog, the ...

Automated E-Mail Message from Inside Excel
Is there anyway to embed/generate an automated e-mail notification when a date is reached within an excel spreadsheet Thanks in advance!!!! Hi walt See your other thread in Functions I change my answer after reading it a second time -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "walt" <walter.adasczik@hanscom.af.mil> wrote in message news:050001c356e2$fc17ed50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to embed/generate an automated e-mail > notification when a date is reached within an excel > spreadsheet > > Thanks in advance!!!!...

Extract interpolation data from chart?
I am sure this has been asked before, but have had a look round & couldnt find anything. I have a worksheet with 4 speed values in mph, & then a second column stating time. e.g. Speed Time 30 3.5 60 7.2 90 12.9 I can chart this as an x/y plot & create a smoothed line which shows the acceleration curve of speed/time. What I would like to do is get access to the interpolated values & being to construct a distance/time graph based on this. Is it possible? Cheers, James A linear fit is fairly close to the observed points, and can be obtained by LIN...

automating order fullfillment
Has anyone used integration Manager or another tool to update sales orders with fullfillment information from a csv file or from a sql table? I am getting information from a warehouse as t o what has been shipped. I want to them update GP without having to pull up every single order and fullfill them one at a time. I think I can fullfill by batch but what about partial shipments? -- Phil Hi Phil, If you are interested we can offer a custom solution for your requirement. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Phil" wrote: > Has anyone used integration Manager or anot...

remove hidden data
I meant to re-save my spreadsheet, but I accidentally hit "Remove hidden data" in the File menu. I hit cancel once it started scanning my file. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like my file was moved to a temporary internet folder. I can't find my original file where it was previously saved. Does anybody know anything about this? Is this the MS addin to remove potentially sensitive data from Office documents? If yes, (I've never used it), but there are a bunch of links here: http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&am...

Automated Numbering of Shapes
Good day, I am using Visio 2003 Professional. I am trying to automate the process of using numbered shapes. My issue relates to formatting the properties so that I can employ a specific format. As an example a process shape from the Flow Chart template has to have a corresponding document number in the format DEPT-PC-XXX-YY Where Dept = two letter designator such as OP for operations PC desingates a process but this is selected from a fixed drop down list in the properies dialog. WF, PC, PR WI, FORM XXX designates a specific number like 100 YY designates a sub numbering control num...