Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :( -- URGENT

Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :(

Hi,

I have a data migration issue which has been causing me a lot of grief over
the last few days ... struggling to get to the cause : (

Some background (... a very simplified equivalent):

I have 3 entities STUDENT (Contact entity renamed), TUTOR and COURSE;
- Each student should only be able to be linked to ONE Tutor record
- Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Student record
    ------+ To resolve this I have created two "1 to many relationships" and
hidden the 'many' part in the relationship definition
    ------+ The Tutor field on the Contact form is read-only and updated
through workflow when a contact is selected on the Tutor form.
    ------+ This make it appear as if there is a one to one relationship.
- Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Course record
- Each Course should only be able to be linked to ONE tutor record
    ------+ Same approach is used to define the relationship between these
two entities.

I am trying to import 1 record into each entity (... keeping this very
simple) using the data migration manager into CRM 4.0; my files are as
follows:

STUDENT.csv
- Student ID   [SDT-001]
- FirstName   [Tim]
- LastName   [Jones]
- Tutor ID (lookup to Tutor entity; TutorFile_TutorIDColumn)   [TUT-101]

TUTOR.csv
- Tutor ID   [TUT-101]
- Student ID (lookup to the Student entity; StudentFile_StudentIDColumn)
[SDT-001]
- Course ID (lookup to the Course entity; CourseFile_CourseIDColumn)
[CR-500]
- Skills   [bla bla bla]
- Qualifications   [bla bla bla]

COURSE.csv
- Course ID   [CR-500]
- Tutor ID (lookup to Tutor entity; TutorFile_TutorIDColumn)   [TUT-101]
- Course Name   [Marketing]
- Course Description   [Marketing bla bla]

If I try to import the only the Student and Tutor files (ignoring the Course
ID column on tutor); import is successful.
If I try to import the only the Tutor and Course files (ignoring the Student
ID column on tutor); import is successful.

>>> If I try to import all tree files with the relationships, all 3 files fail during the final upload stage with the following error:
"The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient
permissions to view it."

For the Tutor file, the details is:
"Contact With Id = f38e0466-57e3-dd11-81ad-001321d00597 Does Not Exist"

For the Student and Course files, the detail is:
"crm_tutor With Id = f18e0466-57e3-dd11-81ad-001321d00597 Does Not Exist"

... unfortunately, there does not seem to be much resources on what the
failure error means ??
- I've set the relationships up as 1 to many's so this is not technically a
'many to many' (note that it imports the pairs without issue).
- if file order plays a role, how do i get around this??

I am really stuck and need to sort this out for a client. Any assistance
would be most useful ... !!!!!

Many thanks,
Mary
0
CRM9284 (26)
1/21/2009 1:48:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Info (March 2006), Introduction, CRM definitions, Implementation, Analytics, CRM Solutions info, Advices, Secrets, Tips... http://www.freewebs.com/crmanagement ...

Import utility for .csv/.xls data into RMS?
Hello: I have recently been tasked with administering the database of several systems at work including Microsft RMS. I see there is a native export feature in the admin utility to draw data out of the SQL DB, but no such Import feature. I have a csv of several hundred Customer's I would like to bulk import into RMS. Is this QS import utility able to do that? If so, where would you get it? thanks! Mark, If your company is on a Maintenance program you can login to the CustomerSource website and download it from there. And yes it can import your csv file. Rob "Mark" <...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

urgent help to find out why
Hi all, windows 2003 /exchange 2003 SP2 with FE and BE Users are complaining that they do not receive messages timely. I check the BE's queues and find out over 5000 mesages in the local delivery queue about the 1.7 GB size(no limit set up here and is not allowed to do it. If I do a search, I can not find out the messages which have large sizes. What's the log to track own who send large attachment? tracking log. Also, any other ways to make queue go down quickly? To rebboot the server? Can we set up the alert if messages queued up in the local delivery queue? O...

Data labels in Chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C56114.8ED26340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a bar chart that shows projected and actual numbers for four = quarters. I'd like to label each pair of bars with the PERCENTAGE between the = projected and actual numbers for each quarter, rather than the actual = number each bar represents. Is there a way to do this based on a formula? (As opposed to creating = text boxes and insertng them?) Thanks so much. ------=_NextPart_000_000E...

Multiple rows of data on a single axis (charting)
I have several rows of data that are separated by several other rows (that I don't want to chart). Is there a way to chart several rows of data on one continuous axis? For example (see below) I want to chart Row 1, Row 3 and Row 5 on one axis that would show a trend of 25, 50, 75, 5, 10, 15, 1, 2, 3. I have tried separting the rows with comas, colons, &, "", + and can't get it to work. I don't want to copy and paste the data into a new format b/c that will take too much time. Any suggestions? Column A Column B Column C Row 1 25 ...

Cannot Find File error message
We have several users that have been getting a "Cannot find file xyz.xl (or one of its components)..." when they try to launch an xls Excel fil from Windows explorer or an icon. Sometimes the users are using th files ok and then the next time they go in and try to launch the files this message appears. We use a tool called Installshield to updat their files and install any new xls files. Is there a reason why w may be getting this message? This file actually does exist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore ...

Multi Value Many-Many Relationship Query
Hi all, I am writing a Query to use on a Print command button in a multi value continuous form. However, the data that I am using is from multiple tables and has a many to many relationship. Perhaps this question will be better answered with a quick explanation of my data to those outside the database: My data is based on Student Scholarship information. The Database contains Student demographic information of all students with scholarships and all the information you could possibly imagine about all of the scholarships at this university. , There are three tables: Two containing separate ...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Breaking out rows of data, sequentially, into headered columns
Merry Christmas everyone, I highly respect the great minds that solve the many Excel riddles that are posted on this newsgroup. I hope you are all having a great holiday. If anyone is so inclined or feels like solving one on their return, here is my issue... I have existing code below that is quite useful for its former purpose, but I wonder if it could be modified to suit a new application. It probably just needs a little tinkering, but who knows. 1) My raw data consists of sequential (already sorted) numbers in column A, running for unspecified (varying, that is) lengths of...

how do I insert multiple rows in excel after every row of data
I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet For i = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 Cells(i+1,"A").Resize(23,1).Entirerow.Insert Next -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "grantm5" <grantm5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40AB897A-4D38-46AF-934A-2451496EEEC5@microsoft.com... > I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet ...

Keeping data private per User in a multi user database
Hello. I have an Accounting Access DB that I intend at some point to split into front-end (tables, forms, reports) and back-end (data), then I hope to deploy on the web. I will eventually have around 30 distributed users (only about 5 concurrent) – each inputs the same type of financial data but does business independent of the others and so must NEVER see the data entered by the other users. To make future releases and bug fixes as simple as possible, I intend to have a single instance of the front-end that each of the Users will access. However, as each User must NEVER see...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

ADODB find error "Rowset does not support scolling backward"
good day. i am trying to find the amount paid on a transaction previous to a certain transaction i wanted to find on certain table opened using ADODB recordset.... ------------- Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "Select TransactionID,MonthlyBillID,AmountPaid from [Customer Monthly Bills] where TransactionID=" & TransactionID & " ORDER BY MonthlyBillID", CurrentProject.Connection If rst.EOF Then MsgBox "No past transactions found from this customer", vbCritical, "Customer Monthly Bills Entry Form" ...

No data showing in query
I am new to Access and am using Access 2007. I wanted to create a query to bring data together from several tables to complete forms and form letters. I used the Query Wizard to create a query which selected data from the different tables. It worked fine and I was able to complete a form in Word. I have now used the the same process using the same tables for a couple of other queries but now there is no data in those datasheets. Anything I'm missing here? Thanks. There are three ways of creating a query. The query wizard, which you've used, is at one end of the &q...

Referencing Data Filter to a cell value
i am having continuing problems with the following: I have a spreadsheet which lists project status. One of the columns shows the installation subcontractor. I want to have a drop down box where you select the contractor, and once selected, the list automatically (or by use of a macro button) filters to that selected. I have put the drop down box in, then created a vlookup to convert each contractor to a number, and placed a hidden column with this info. Where i am stuck is how i get the data filter to look at my link cell from the drop down box. Any help is appreciated Richard R...

An error has occurred message
I have recently moved my CRM from one server to another within the same domain. The system is up and working better than ever, however, I have one major problem. When I go into any of the main settings, such as "Business Units" and double click the unit, I get; "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator". I have restarted the services. I have tried this as every user but have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I have also found the following; I have recently moved the CRM server onto a new server within the same ...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

Security setting lost by some AD Users after migration from Exchange 2000 to 2003
Hi, I'm doing a migration from an old Server Windows 2000 AS + Exchange 2000, to a new Server Window 2003 + Exchange 2003. Both servers are Domain controllers of the same domain (migrated to 2003 structure several monthes ago). I just moved all the mailboxes from the old to the new Server and had some surprises. First of all, I lost all the "Send As" rights I had on some mailboxes (from the Security Tab of the associated user in AD). That's not bad, apart that I had to reset all the permissions by hand. The bad news is that 2 of this associated users don't retain the sec...

Publishing customisation error 04-26-05
I have recently added some additional attributes to the Product entity in Schema Manager as well as adding these to the Edit form. I try to deploy these changes to CRM using Deployment Manager -> All tasks -> Publish customization. I get to Select web server and do Add..., then nothing happens, it appears hung. I'd be grateful for any ideas as I've tried everything I can think off. CRM is on SBS 2003 (within Virtual PC if that makes any difference) Regards, Kyaw ...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Crystal Report Error
We have moved our CRM server to a new box (not the data) and restored the crystal reports database - but now we get the following error: Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Fix? ...