Data Migration Question 02-19-04

OK,

Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post
about migrating from one domain to another
(http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a
sp?
ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI
D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl%
253E)

I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM
system to a simulated production environment (My project
manager needs to know how long it is going to take next
month when we go live.)

Realistically all I really want to migrate is:

PriceLevelBase
ProductBase
ProductPriceLevelBase
SubjectBase
UoMBase
UoMScheduleBase
and my schema changes via the XML XPORT/MPORT.

When I am using DTS to transfer data for product for
instance, I am getting sql errors b/c I am not
transferring product ID from CRM to CDF (different
datatypes and product ID cannot be null)

Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Error Description:Cannot insert the value NULL into
column 'ProductId', table 'cdf_mscrm.dbo.cdf_Product';
column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Error Help File:
Error Help Context ID:0

Question #1?  How is the CDF database going to re-link my
associations from the CRM?

Question #2? Without creating a separate table based on a
cross table query, how will that cdf.product_ID integer
ever not be null? IE.  i will need to create another table
with a product ID that also includes the UOM references
and pricelist references and a primary key to then
transfer into?

My confusion is basically in that there is 2 paragraphs on
how to actually get data from point a to point b (page 50
DMFGuide) and the intent of these paragraphs is to take a
3rd system into CRM. I am sure we would all like to see a
CRM migration guide from one domain/location to another at
some point.  I may even commence that project when I get
the CRM online.

If this is too much to digest or even communicate in the
group, you can contact me offline @ jball(SPAMTHIS)@accu-
med.com   Please remove the (SPAMTHIS) from the address.

I appreciate you taking the time to get this far down in
an seemingly endless message.

Jim Ball
CRM Lackey
Accu-Med Services

0
Jim
2/19/2004 5:00:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

CD Question
I have a computer with win xp on it and it has a virus. I am trying to download the rescue disk from Avira. I saved it to the blank cd I have in my burner and everything looks ok. When I put that disc in the other computer it says the file is ready to write to cd. What am I doing wrong? Your are downloading a cd image file. First save it to your drive, then fire up your CD creating software, find the option to browse for an iso image file and burn that to the CD. good luck, those virii can be frustrating. ...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Advanced Email tracking questions
Hi, i have some questions regarding email tracking with CRM 3.0 Example, a company sends out an email to a 1000 contacts in CRM. The email sent has 3 hyperlinks in it. One hyperlink to our general website, one hyperlink to a news item, one hyperlink (banner) to an advertisement of some sort. I know that CRM sets a label to every user who recieves this email via CRM 3.0, but i would like to know Is it possible to track which recipent click on what link(s) (on what time, to complete the list:) )? If so, how can this be done? what software/hardware/web application would be required to m...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Web Service migration question
I built a ws locally takes in a request object and returns a response object. The ws reads in a good sized xml file and the request oject has elements used to create an xml subset and returns it as a response object. Use XSD.EXE to create proxy classes. I built WSDL and it is stored same location as ws asmx file. WS runs fine locally. It is using SOAP. I get userid and authentication TRUE on local testing. Client gets good response object. I had some issues using server side. Client reached it (my server side logging says it fired ws up). But it can't detect UserId or isAuth...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...

Notes Domino data to Exchange?
Notes Domino data to Exchange? I have a brand new Exchange 2003 server with no data, completely fresh. It is up and running fine. The client has an old Notes Domino 5.0.8 server with NSF databases all over it. We did NOT migrate anything, it is just a new Exchange server. Is there some way to get some of these NSF databases moved to this new Exchange server? (Thye are not part of the same Active Directory. I am wondering if there is a way to export these Notes mailboxes and databases to something that could get converted to a PST file or something and then get imported. Any ide...

a few more how to questions...
I have installed the MSM 2004 trial version. I have some stock sells which i specified the Purchase date--referred to as Lots. I have down loaded the data into MSM and the trades appear in the Report/Tax/Capital Gain--but they are the wrong sequence. How do i correct this??? I can't find how to edit the sell transaction to specify which buy side i want... While in the Capital Gains Tax Report, how can i easily switch between accounts? Thanks, ron Please insert an E between the n & t, to reply via email. I think you just right click, reallocate the lots to sell, and you're...