data migration of cdf tables to crm

hi,

i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both
accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but
the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool
shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table
shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any
errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could
get.

thank you.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both
> accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but
> the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe
> tool
> shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table
> shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any
> errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i
> could
> get.
>
> thank you.

Hi,

There is a spreadsheet in the ITK which outlines required fields.

Account:

AccountID
Name
OwningUser

Contact:

ContactID
Lastname
owner

I found if the data to be migrated does not meet the above then it doesnt
migrate.  Does anything show in the list unmapped users SP?  This is the
most common problem I've found

Did you map all the other strings?
Anything in the DMF log?

Kind Regards

Mike

0
Mike
12/24/2004 9:04:31 AM
hi,
thank you Mike. i have left out the owning user and owner columns. i shall
rectify this and reply to u abt the results. thank you for ur time .

regards,
yamini

"Mike R" wrote:

> "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both
> > accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but
> > the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe
> > tool
> > shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table
> > shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any
> > errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i
> > could
> > get.
> >
> > thank you.
>
> Hi,
>
> There is a spreadsheet in the ITK which outlines required fields.
>
> Account:
>
> AccountID
> Name
> OwningUser
>
> Contact:
>
> ContactID
> Lastname
> owner
>
> I found if the data to be migrated does not meet the above then it doesnt
> migrate.  Does anything show in the list unmapped users SP?  This is the
> most common problem I've found
>
> Did you map all the other strings?
> Anything in the DMF log?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Mike

hello Mike,

thanks a lot for ur help. i have successfully migrated the required tables
in to the crm. i really appreciate ur guidance. i have one more doubt,
however, the contact tables are not fully migrated. in the sense that the
name fiels is totally blank in the crm but is present in the excel sheet.
kindly guide me in the same.

thanking you,
yamini.

"Yamini.P.S" wrote:

> hi,
> thank you Mike. i have left out the owning user and owner columns. i shall
> rectify this and reply to u abt the results. thank you for ur time .
>
> regards,
> yamini
>
> "Mike R" wrote:
>

> > "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both
> > > accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but
> > > the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe
> > > tool
> > > shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table
> > > shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any
> > > errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i
> > > could
> > > get.
> > >
> > > thank you.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a spreadsheet in the ITK which outlines required fields.
> >
> > Account:
> >
> > AccountID
> > Name
> > OwningUser
> >
> > Contact:
> >
> > ContactID
> > Lastname
> > owner
> >
> > I found if the data to be migrated does not meet the above then it doesnt
> > migrate.  Does anything show in the list unmapped users SP?  This is the
> > most common problem I've found
> >
> > Did you map all the other strings?
> > Anything in the DMF log?
> >
> > Kind Regards
> >
> > Mike

Hi,

In Excel, how did you map the names?

i.e do you have a column for firstname, middlename and lastname?

Are there any errors in the DMF log file? XML errors?  Did any of the
contact migrate correctly? In the contacts home page, if you choose a letter
in the lower part of the screen are they correct?

Kind Regards

Mike

> hello Mike,
>
> thanks a lot for ur help. i have successfully migrated the required tables
> in to the crm. i really appreciate ur guidance. i have one more doubt,
> however, the contact tables are not fully migrated. in the sense that the
> name fiels is totally blank in the crm but is present in the excel sheet.
> kindly guide me in the same.
>
> thanking you,
> yamini.
>
> "Yamini.P.S" wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> thank you Mike. i have left out the owning user and owner columns. i
>> shall
>> rectify this and reply to u abt the results. thank you for ur time .
>>
>> regards,
>> yamini
>>
>> "Mike R" wrote:
>>

>> > "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There is a spreadsheet in the ITK which outlines required fields.
>> >
>> > Account:
>> >
>> > AccountID
>> > Name
>> > OwningUser
>> >
>> > Contact:
>> >
>> > ContactID
>> > Lastname
>> > owner
>> >
>> > I found if the data to be migrated does not meet the above then it
>> > doesnt
>> > migrate.  Does anything show in the list unmapped users SP?  This is
>> > the
>> > most common problem I've found
>> >
>> > Did you map all the other strings?
>> > Anything in the DMF log?
>> >
>> > Kind Regards
>> >
>> > Mike

0
Mike
12/24/2004 12:55:25 PM
hi,

i have filled only the full name column which should be displayed in the
home page. have not filled the first,middle and last name columns.please
advice.

> hi,
>
> i have filled only the full name column which should be displayed in the
> home page. have not filled the first,middle and last name columns.please
> advice.

Hi,

The fullname is generated from the Last, Middle and firstnames.  The order
of which is defined in the settings sections of CRM.  I dont believe the
fullname is migrated as this is for DMF reference only?

Try inserting the lastname and firstname in the cdf_contact table and
re-migrating.

Regards

Mike

0
Mike
12/29/2004 10:31:46 AM
hi,
thankyou for the guidance i shall do the re migration.

regards,
yamini

"Mike R" wrote:

> "Yamini.P.S" <YaminiPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i have filled only the full name column which should be displayed in the
> > home page. have not filled the first,middle and last name columns.please
> > advice.
> >

> Hi,
>
> The fullname is generated from the Last, Middle and firstnames.  The order
> of which is defined in the settings sections of CRM.  I dont believe the
> fullname is migrated as this is for DMF reference only?
>
> Try inserting the lastname and firstname in the cdf_contact table and
> re-migrating.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

horizontal data to vertical data

Count Instances in a table field
Here's a little background on my database. I have a form with a couple of buttons that I have grayed out when the database is empty. These buttons open a print preview of a couple of reports. I would like to ungray these buttons only when there is at least one record with a "CA" entry in the State field in my main table. How do I do this? Forms display data from tables. I'm not understanding why you'd want a form to enable (ungray) a button if ANY record has a "CA" entry. Wouldn't you want to ungray the form if the record DISPLAYED had &q...

storing read only data

Pivot table samples/tutorial
Hi all :-) Excel 2003 - Windows XP Pro SP2 I am in need of some samples or a tutorial on how to create a Pivot table. I have worked with many areas of Excel, but, I have never had call to create a Pivot table, and the Help files are not exactly totally clear. I am trying to prepare some reference materials for a presentation I will be giving on the various Office programs, and would like to be able to include some good material for the Pivot table for Excel as well. I would truly appreciate any suggestions or references that might be available for download or linked to. Jan :) MS MVP...

copy customizations from CRM test to CRM Production
so far I have been able to make succesful customizations to the CRM Test version where I was trying the various tools. Since all my customizations were under the microsoft framework so I was trying to get the same moved over to CRM Production in a way that I do not have to do them over again. Is there a tool that I could utilize for the same. Also, by doin so would also the data under test be moved to Production, if not, is there a way to go around with the same. Thanks for all your help. g Assuming you are using CRM1.2 on your CRM test server open the Deployment Manager and right cli...

export public folder data?

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

A get/change operation on table 'IV_Options_ROPT' failed accessing
I get this error when I tried to print Inventory Activity Report. When I clicked on more info, it says "[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name "LNGSTRTDESC'. It happened to me and the 'sa' account. Does anyone have a clue what happened and how to fix this? I searched on KnowledgeBase and did not find any article to address this problem. Mary, This error is occuring in Inventory Report Options Table and the column name where this is happening is Long Start Description. What I suggest you is to delete the Report option by going to Inventory Act...

CRM Solution!!
Does CRM have any module for head hunters? I am a head hunter and I want to build up an candidate resource pool fro Staffing! TIA ...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

Update table from form
I am trying to update a counter table from a form. Instead of updating, a new entry is being created every time and the table end up looking like the following: Salesperson Date Leads 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 The code I'm using is below: RepNum = DLookup("[Rep Number]", "Debt Advisors", "username...

CRM 1.0 Server License
I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are they grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0? If they are current with the software assurance, then they will be able to upgrade their licenses free of charge. There were server licenses for v1.0 as well. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Jones" <BrianJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D497654-5EE8-4C80-9305-088798DA25C8@microsoft.com... I have a client that has been runnin...

crm sales for outlook connected to crm server
Hey, Today i installed without problems a total installation of a W2003 server included with exchange 2003 & SQL & CRM On the client i installed, also without problems the crm sales for outlook client. I made a connection to the crm server, also ok, but i donn't see anything of crm-bottons in outlook, the add-in is ok, the path to the add-in is ok, can someone tells me what maybe cause the problem ? Thanks, Rik The Add in may not have installed properly. Try to remove then add it back in. While in Outlook, remove the Microsoft CRM Outlook COM Add-In and then re-add it back ...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...