Data Migration Manager - contact to account association

Hi,
Really basic question. If I have an account and contact association where

AccountName - CompanyA
AccountID - 123

ContactName - Bloggs
AccountID - 123

Do I map parentcustomer (contact object) to accountID on the account object
to link the records together. Doesn't seem to be working so far.

Thanks for any help!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window
and where you have to choose

"Account "  and then field "Name"

so you have to map to account name {name}

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/22/2008 10:36:32 AM
Hi Aamir,

Hmm. But surely the account name isn't unique - it's the account id that is
unique? Or maybe I'm missing something.

Regards,

Peter.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window
> and where you have to choose
>

> "Account "  and then field "Name"
>
> so you have to map to account name {name}
>
> /Aamir

Hi,

Sorted it. Simple when you think about the link as a bridge - it returns the
name of the account via the link (account id on the contact to account id on
the account via the parentcustomer lookup). I was getting confused thinking
the ID would end up in the account name field.

DOH

"PeteC_TecturaUK" wrote:

> Hi Aamir,
>
> Hmm. But surely the account name isn't unique - it's the account id that is
> unique? Or maybe I'm missing something.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter.
>
> "Aamir Bashir" wrote:
>
> > when you click on "Partner customer " mapping , then it open in window
> > and where you have to choose
> >

> > "Account "  and then field "Name"
> >
> > so you have to map to account name {name}
> >
> > /Aamir

Automatic account updates conflicting with invoices paid...
Please excuse my ignorance on this one. I am trying Money 2007 Small Biz edition. When I receive payments for multiple invoices I will deposit them all once in my checking account. That deposit shows up automatically from my account updates that happen daily. The problem is this.... when I go to my invoice list and "record a payment" it will then show up in money as a new deposit. So, lets say there are 2 invoices for 75 each, a total bank deposit of 150... when I then "record a payment for invoice" through the invoice list, it shows up again in my account, ...

More flexible License manager
We have recently added a single Sales Professional License to our CRM installation but rather than be able to add a single license to our existing license count we had to first remove the old license and then add a new license with the existing count+1. This meant having to note down exactly what users currently had licenses, remove the old license, install new license and then individually re-add the license back to the user. We only have 14 users but if this were a bigger install it could become quiet tedious having to do this everytime we add a new license. ---------------- This po...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to undo account
I balanced my account and now it is totally f'd up. How can I undo what I have balanced and start over. I just want to restore it to before I did that, but can't figuer out how. In microsoft.public.money, krisherr wrote: >I balanced my account and now it is totally f'd up. How can I undo what I >have balanced and start over. I just want to restore it to before I did that, >but can't figuer out how. The easy way is File->Restore. If you don't have a suitable backup, then re-think your backup strategy. Restore a backup file if one is available from before ...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

data file: how to start its application

Formula for associating roles with names
I have a defect database with a list of people's names, defect numbers, date entered, etc, which I have imported into excel. There is a finite number of names that appear multiple times in column A. I woud like to create a second column that automatically associates a role with a name. For example, for every instance of "Mike" in column A, I'd like column B to display "Developer." For every instance of the name "Bill" in column A I would like to display the role "QA." I can create a separate table with mappings of names to roles for all t...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Project Management Template for Excel?
Does anyone know of a *project management template* for Excel. I don' have Microsoft Project on my computer, nor do I have the time to lear it. I use Excel thoroughly so that is my preference. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tushar Mehta's Gantt chart: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/index.html?http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExp...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...