Data Migration manager 4.0 - Two way linking

How do I get DMM 4.0 to link a contact to an account (this I can do) and at
the same time make the contact the primary contact on the account?

Thanks,
Ilja
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ilja,

To do this, you will need a unique ID against each Contact and Account.

Looking at a very simplfied version, the concept is ...

--- Contact.csv

Contact Number	First Name	               Last Name	         Parent Account
100		Contact A		- Bob		ACC-001
101		Contact B		- Tim		ACC-001
102		Contact C		- Jo		ACC-002
103		Contact D		- Jane		ACC-003

--- Account.csv

Account Number	Name		Primary Contact
ACC-001		Company 1	100
ACC-002		Company 2	102
ACC-003		Company 3	103

Hope this helps.

Maryse

"Ilja Gregor" wrote:

> How do I get DMM 4.0 to link a contact to an account (this I can do) and at
> the same time make the contact the primary contact on the account?
>
> Thanks,
> Ilja
0
CRM9284 (26)

MSComm use in VC 6.0
Hello. I am using MSComm in my VC 6.0 application, for using the COM1, and COM2, etc... ports. (It has a telephone glyph - the activeX name is : Microsoft communication control). By class wizard I have added a member variable of the name : m_com_port for that control. I need a sample for VC 6.0 for reading and writing to com port (may be com1, i.e), and some explanation on this component, please. Thanks :) Check out the VCTERM sample in the MSDN documentation. The wrapper classes in the sample were originally created with VC5, and the control has been modified since then to support diff...

horizontal data to vertical data

More flexible License manager
We have recently added a single Sales Professional License to our CRM installation but rather than be able to add a single license to our existing license count we had to first remove the old license and then add a new license with the existing count+1. This meant having to note down exactly what users currently had licenses, remove the old license, install new license and then individually re-add the license back to the user. We only have 14 users but if this were a bigger install it could become quiet tedious having to do this everytime we add a new license. ---------------- This po...

What's the easiest way to develop GP 9.0 add-ons?
We want to develop some GP 9.0 add-ons having new tables in database, new logic and functions. Also need these add-ons integrated with GP seamlessly. What's the easiest way to do so? Using VB Editor and Modifier, or VB and VB.net, or Dexterity? Are there any documents or demos for a newbie GP developer? I totally lost in the SDK document. -- A Chinese GP newbie comes. Pardon me if I asked a stupid question. Once the .Net extensions are released, they will be probably the best if you have an investment in the .Net platform and Visual Studio 2005. Today, you can use Dexterity to c...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Quicken Convert #4
Downloaded Money05 trial. Validated 10 MB quicken file. Followed instructions in Money for conversion, hung-up computer, twice. Reduced size of quicken file to 5 MB. Now receive following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. --------------------------------------------------------...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

How to e-mail link to shared folder
Hello all, I'm not having much luck with this one. I've researched this on Google and have come up dry other than this one http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=158135. We've just migrated to Exchange/Outlook 2003 from Lotus Notes and am looking for a way to send an e-mail message that contains a link/hyperlink to a particular post under a shared folder. We frequently produce "How to" articles and e-mail a link to all users to notify them of the new info. In Lotus Notes we'd just add a link/hyperlink in the e-mail message that users could click on to bring them direc...

A way to detect macros? (not document macros)
We're writing an application that will be particularly vulnerable to attacks by macro programs (you know those apps that open up your app and type in text, etc..) Is there a way to detect their behaviour and perhaps block them? Thanks, Roger Short answer: No. Make sure you have good security, good AV, good anti spyware s/w and do not run with privilege. There are so many ways for such macros / spyware apps to operate that to attempt block them is an exercise in futility. The types of things that can happen include WM_SETTEXT / WM_GETTEXT (WM's in general) calls across processes, ...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

CRM 1.0 Server License
I have a client that has been running CRM 1.0 and isn't sure if a server license was required back then or if they have a license for it now. Are they grandfathered in with the server license for 1.2 and 3.0? If they are current with the software assurance, then they will be able to upgrade their licenses free of charge. There were server licenses for v1.0 as well. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Brian Jones" <BrianJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D497654-5EE8-4C80-9305-088798DA25C8@microsoft.com... I have a client that has been runnin...

data file: how to start its application

page setup #4
I am trying to create multiple page setups inside one worksheet. For example the first sheet would be potrait and the second landscape, or give each page a different compression percentage. ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Chapter has sections 4 portrait & landscape Need continuous footno
Hi I have a chapter which has portait and landscpae pages then more portrait and more landscape and portrait. I have used sections for this I want the footnotes to start at 1 and continue through all sections Word ignores the number I set in the dialoge What can I do? (My version is 2003 with latest patches) TIA/gary Word will NOT restart footnote numbering unless you have selected "Restart each section" in the Footnote and Endnote dialog. If you have selected Continuous and "Whole document" for "Apply changes to," your footnote numberi...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...