Data Migration Framework problems

Hi,

Sorry to post this again, but I've been looking all over trying to
solve this problem but no luck. I'm trying to migrate some data
(Accounts, Contacts and Activities) to
MS CRM 3.0 using the Data Migration Framework. I succeeded in migrating
the Accounts and Contacts and just over 600 out of about 7000
activities (the
activities are simple tasks associated with the accounts). I noticed
that all the non-migrated activities have status set to "Completed".
Moreover, when I change the status of those records to "In Progress"
(just to test) some of them succeed. Does anyone know why this
happens? Why does the Data Migration Framework fail on Completed
Activities? Also is there anyway to debug this as now it seems to fail
without any helpful error messages (I've had a look at the logs and
they don't point to anything useful)?Thanks very much in advance.

Regards.

0
soulism
8/8/2006 3:56:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

grammar check problem
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2 When checking text in an e-mail message, I often get a warning dialog that says "Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped." I never knowingly mark text that way. How do I prevent this from happening? -- Thanks, Bob it's probably the style you are using - will also happen if you type in the signature block. if you right click and see the signature list, you are in the sig field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://w...

horizontal data to vertical data

storing read only data

Asking for password problem
I have an Excel 2003 form that has several layers of protection. If a user saves the file as a 2007 workbook and I attempt to open it in 2003 I get a prompt for a password. I can click enter or type anything and it will accept it. If I save a copy of that 2007 workbook as a 2003 workbook then the prompt goes away. Very odd. ...

export public folder data?

Password Problem #3
I currently have a laptop that is running Windows XP home. I am also running Office 2000 pro. All of the other computers on the network are running Windows 2000. The laptop with Windows XP will not remember the password to log into the mail through Outlook. I have it check for msg every 10 mins and am prompted to enter the password. All of the other computers running Windows 2000 at my company do not have this problem. I went through all the steps to have it remember the password. Is there a way to correct this problem or a hidden setting somewhere that I am missing? Please he...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

CImageList Problem is Baffling Me
Hi guys, Is there any reason why this doesn't work, it's baffling me: // set up a memory DC CDC memDC; CBitmap bitmap; CDC* pDC=GetDC(); memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,32,32); CBitmap* pOldBitmap=memDC.SelectObject(&bitmap); // draw some stuff on the bitmap memDC.FillSolidRect(0,0,32,32,RGB(255,192,160)); memDC.FillSolidRect(4,4,24,24,RGB(192,128,160)); // test to see if it works so far pDC->BitBlt(10,10,32,32,&memDC,0,0,SRCCOPY); // it looks good // create my imagelist CImageList imageList; imageList.Create(32,32,ILC_COLOR32,1,1); in...

Problem downloading old messages left on server
I have been having an intermittent problem where entourage downloads all the messages left on my Internet service provider's server, even though they have already been downloaded. I have a pop account. It only happens once every month or so. The service is a small private company called Hawaii Broadband. It is only happening with the Hawaii Broadband account. (I have two other email accounts). But the folks at Hawaii Broadband have no idea why this might happen and have no suggestions. I am using Entourage 2004, but my partner is using Entourage 2008 and he is having the same ...

data file: how to start its application

Signature problem
Hi , I have my signature as a BMP file and i want to insert it as text into the body of the email. This is required for all my banking transactions where a signature is needed on the email itself and on the body of the email as opposed to being an attached file. Every time i go to do it the body of the email says "signature.bmp" which is offcourse the filename but it doesn't mean anything. I can offcourse attach it as BMP file but then it is a separate attachment as a signature only. The banks will not accept this. i tried to do it under the signature provision but...

Problem Refreshing Contact Form from External .NET App #2
I created a custom ASP.NET app that is launched from the CRM Contact form. It is configured (isv.config) to only be launched while editing an existing contact (not new). My custom app modifies data on the CRM Contact form. It them refreshs the data on the Contact form before the custom form closes. <script>window.opener.location.reload(1);</script> My custom app works fine if I open up an existing contact. If I create a new contact and press the save button (on the contact form) the toolbar button that lauches my app on the contact form is displayed. If I then launch my ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Edit control redraw problem
hi all .. i am back with a new question ? well, i have a CControlBar derived class called, CBBar, which uses an edit control. I wanted to create a wordwrap effect (implemented by redefining OnContextMenu of the edit control) by destroying edit control and recreating it with the required flags set, when ever i get the wordwrap message. The child edit control implements a function to recreate the edit control window. It all seem to work fine as long as recreating the window is concerned. It cannot redraw itself even when calling the Invalidate and UpdateWindow functions. Therefore it ends up sh...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...