Data Migration Activities Fail and Error

We are running a rather large migration with 10,000 Accounts 50,000 Contacts
etc... and 250,000 Activities.

I am using the default migration order.

I go through all the setup steps for the cdf_ DB and kcik off the
Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CDFMigrationTool.exe.  A handful of Accounts and
Contacts fail due to obvious data errors, but about 40,000 of the activities
fail (see bottom of this message for sample error) with only 60,000
attempted before it errors out with:

7/11/2004 - 2:08:38 AM -- ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the
target of an invocation.

The it proceeds to migrate Annotations and 'complete' the migration process.

If I kick off the .exe again (making no changes or corrections) the same
Accounts and Contacts fail, some of the previously failed activiies
succeed - others continue to fail for no obvious reason and after attempting
about 50,000 activities it dies on the same error.

If I kick of the .exe yet again (3rd time here) the Account / Contact errors
are the same, but activities immediately fail with the
ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
This now is identical any subsequent (4+) attempts.

So I have two problems:
(1) Why do seemingly fine activity records fail the first time and then
succeed the second
(2) What causes the Error Unkown... and what can I do to fix that?

Example of failed (1st Attempt) activity that succeeded on run #2:
7/11/2004 - 1:43:38 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object:
<description>Activity regarding object Id or type is
missing</description><details>CActivity::ValidateAccessToRegardingObject:
objectid doesn't match
objecttypecode</details><file>d:\crm\build\3297\src\platform\include\om\CRM\
7/11/2004 - 1:43:38 AM --
<root><activity><StateCode>0</StateCode><owninguser>{8860F497-613E-4249-8C6D
-EE4F4827683C}</owninguser><activitytypecode>134</activitytypecode><billed>0

0
Joe1 (1)
7/14/2004 2:46:43 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The migration tool seems to fail if the load is too high,
i.e after so many records have been imported. One way to
get around this is to import an entity at a time and
leave the activities until last as they create activity
party records for each activity. You can run a sql trace
to see if you can optimise the clusters on the stored
procedures

ated>0</isworkflowc
>reated><objecttypecode>1</objecttypecode><statuscode>0</s
tatuscode><subject>

>.

0
anna
7/14/2004 3:05:58 PM
Thanks.  That seems to answer the first question... I can create a separate
migration just for activities.  Anyone have any ideas on the second problem
where I get the Error Uknown???

"anna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The migration tool seems to fail if the load is too high,
> i.e after so many records have been imported. One way to
> get around this is to import an entity at a time and
> leave the activities until last as they create activity
> party records for each activity. You can run a sql trace
> to see if you can optimise the clusters on the stored
> procedures

0
Joe

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

OLE error opening Mac .pst on PC
We are getting the following error message when trying to open SOME folders within a .pst on a PC where the .pst originated on the Mac (Outlook 2001 for Mac): "Unable to open folder. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." The saved mail folder and subfolders all show up, and most can be opened and messages seen, but when you click on some of the folders/subfolders, you get the error message above. COuldn't find anything on the Knowledge Base about this problem. The folders and subfolders all open just f...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

A get/change operation on table 'IV_Options_ROPT' failed accessing
I get this error when I tried to print Inventory Activity Report. When I clicked on more info, it says "[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name "LNGSTRTDESC'. It happened to me and the 'sa' account. Does anyone have a clue what happened and how to fix this? I searched on KnowledgeBase and did not find any article to address this problem. Mary, This error is occuring in Inventory Report Options Table and the column name where this is happening is Long Start Description. What I suggest you is to delete the Report option by going to Inventory Act...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Experian query failing
For the past week or so whenever I try to update my credit score in the Credit Center via the free Experian account I opened when I bought M04 Small Business it fails. I know Experian had some problems on their site about a week ago, but it seems to be up now. Anyone else having this problem or know the cause or solution? - J. I am also having that problem. >-----Original Message----- >For the past week or so whenever I try to update my >credit score in the Credit Center via the free Experian >account I opened when I bought M04 Small Business it >fails. I know Exper...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

2 active SharePoint_Config DB's ???
One last question for here... When looking at my SharePoint DB's, to move them to a different drive - I've found a complexing issue. It looks like I have 2 active SharePoint_Config databases --- they each are followed by a different GUID #?? We had our server crash several months ago and had to recover the DB's - so I'm thinking it might be related to that. When I check the file path in sql and look at the mdf in windows explorer, it looks like they have both currently being modified ?? This is on server 2003 - using WSS. Thanks for any advice you share conc...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...