Data Import #2

I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext using
SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in
both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen I
ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in CRM's
Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 -
3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account
12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate
12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase
12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0
12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Migration phase completed
 and the end of log says
12/1/2004 - 3:52:14 PM -- Processing completed

Whats wrong ! Pls help Ive bin stuck wid dis for a week !
0
Rick9396 (383)
12/4/2004 7:01:03 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A common cause of this issue is the lack of an OwningUser for every record.
Please make sure that every account in the cdf_Account database has its
OwningUser set. OwningUser is an integer that needs to match an OwningUserId
from the cdf_SystemUser database.

The cdf_SystemUser database is populated by the CDF Initialization Tool.
Therefore, if it is empty, you will need to run
Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCdf.exe.

The DMF will only send records that appear valid to Microsoft CRM. In other
words, records that lack an OwnerId are skipped, which explains why the tool
completes successfully.

If you have any doubts about your configuration, you can try to create an
account in the CDF database with just a name and an OwningUser. Then run the
migration tool and it should come accross.

Regards,

--
Patrick Le Quere
Microsoft CRM

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext
>using
> SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in
> both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen
> ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in
> CRM's
> Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 -
> 3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account
> 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate
> 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase
> 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0
> 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Migration phase completed
> and the end of log says
> 12/1/2004 - 3:52:14 PM -- Processing completed
>
> Whats wrong ! Pls help Ive bin stuck wid dis for a week !

0
Patrick
12/4/2004 7:43:44 AM
Oh okay So how should I proceed to set an Owner Id I mean what should I do !

"Patrick Le Quere [MSFT]" wrote:

> A common cause of this issue is the lack of an OwningUser for every record.
> Please make sure that every account in the cdf_Account database has its
> OwningUser set. OwningUser is an integer that needs to match an OwningUserId
> from the cdf_SystemUser database.
>
> The cdf_SystemUser database is populated by the CDF Initialization Tool.
> Therefore, if it is empty, you will need to run
> Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCdf.exe.
>
> The DMF will only send records that appear valid to Microsoft CRM. In other
> words, records that lack an OwnerId are skipped, which explains why the tool
> completes successfully.
>
> If you have any doubts about your configuration, you can try to create an
> account in the CDF database with just a name and an OwningUser. Then run the
> migration tool and it should come accross.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Patrick Le Quere
> Microsoft CRM
>
> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext
> >using
> > SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in
> > both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen
> > ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in
> > CRM's
> > Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 -
> > 3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Migration phase completed
> > and the end of log says
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:14 PM -- Processing completed
> >
> > Whats wrong ! Pls help Ive bin stuck wid dis for a week !

Oh ok ! so How would I proceed to add an owner User id !

"Patrick Le Quere [MSFT]" wrote:

> A common cause of this issue is the lack of an OwningUser for every record.
> Please make sure that every account in the cdf_Account database has its
> OwningUser set. OwningUser is an integer that needs to match an OwningUserId
> from the cdf_SystemUser database.
>
> The cdf_SystemUser database is populated by the CDF Initialization Tool.
> Therefore, if it is empty, you will need to run
> Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCdf.exe.
>
> The DMF will only send records that appear valid to Microsoft CRM. In other
> words, records that lack an OwnerId are skipped, which explains why the tool
> completes successfully.
>
> If you have any doubts about your configuration, you can try to create an
> account in the CDF database with just a name and an OwningUser. Then run the
> migration tool and it should come accross.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Patrick Le Quere
> Microsoft CRM
>
> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext
> >using
> > SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in
> > both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen
> > ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in
> > CRM's
> > Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 -
> > 3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Migration phase completed
> > and the end of log says
> > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:14 PM -- Processing completed
> >
> > Whats wrong ! Pls help Ive bin stuck wid dis for a week !

also I had another earlier problem during the Import process to CDF the
AccountID wouldnt accept null values so I had to modify the Account ID in cdf
database to use Identities and the import data file I added values for
Account ID but Im sure its going to mess up somethings ! any work arounds for
this Account ID field

"Rick" wrote:

> Oh ok ! so How would I proceed to add an owner User id !
>
> "Patrick Le Quere [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > A common cause of this issue is the lack of an OwningUser for every record.
> > Please make sure that every account in the cdf_Account database has its
> > OwningUser set. OwningUser is an integer that needs to match an OwningUserId
> > from the cdf_SystemUser database.
> >
> > The cdf_SystemUser database is populated by the CDF Initialization Tool.
> > Therefore, if it is empty, you will need to run
> > Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCdf.exe.
> >
> > The DMF will only send records that appear valid to Microsoft CRM. In other
> > words, records that lack an OwnerId are skipped, which explains why the tool
> > completes successfully.
> >
> > If you have any doubts about your configuration, you can try to create an
> > account in the CDF database with just a name and an OwningUser. Then run the
> > migration tool and it should come accross.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Le Quere
> > Microsoft CRM
> >
> > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
> >
> > "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext
> > >using
> > > SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in
> > > both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen
> > > ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in
> > > CRM's
> > > Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 -
> > > 3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account
> > > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate
> > > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase
> > > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0
> > > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Migration phase completed
> > > and the end of log says
> > > 12/1/2004 - 3:52:14 PM -- Processing completed
> > >
> > > Whats wrong ! Pls help Ive bin stuck wid dis for a week !

Heyo Patrick !

I tried manually putting an OwningUser(Lini) and OwnerId eg 2
It doesn't migrate anything ! Im not sure abt wat Im doing here !
I even checked in systembase table in CRM tables it has OwningUser(Lini) and
OwnerId 2 so I just put the same in CDF database for a single acc.

But it didnt migrate anything !!!

SOS

"Rick" wrote:

> also I had another earlier problem during the Import process to CDF the
> AccountID wouldnt accept null values so I had to modify the Account ID in cdf
> database to use Identities and the import data file I added values for
> Account ID but Im sure its going to mess up somethings ! any work arounds for
> this Account ID field
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
> > Oh ok ! so How would I proceed to add an owner User id !
> >
> > "Patrick Le Quere [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > A common cause of this issue is the lack of an OwningUser for every record.
> > > Please make sure that every account in the cdf_Account database has its
> > > OwningUser set. OwningUser is an integer that needs to match an OwningUserId
> > > from the cdf_SystemUser database.
> > >
> > > The cdf_SystemUser database is populated by the CDF Initialization Tool.
> > > Therefore, if it is empty, you will need to run
> > > Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCdf.exe.
> > >
> > > The DMF will only send records that appear valid to Microsoft CRM. In other
> > > words, records that lack an OwnerId are skipped, which explains why the tool
> > > completes successfully.
> > >
> > > If you have any doubts about your configuration, you can try to create an
> > > account in the CDF database with just a name and an OwningUser. Then run the
> > > migration tool and it should come accross.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patrick Le Quere
> > > Microsoft CRM
> > >
> > > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
> > >
> > > "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Protecting certain cells #2
How can I lock only certain cells in excel. I dont want to lock the whole sheet, only the cells that have formulas in them. ...

How to organize data?

importing an .ost file to OL2007
Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange server. Before I left I backed up my .ost file and .pst files. I am running Outlook 2007 at home and am trying to work out how to open the ..ost folder. It appears to only be looking for .pst files. Can anyone help please? You cannot Maybe find a third party who will convert for you "Tim123" <Tim123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9F4666-0CA7-4C08-9FE2-5892B0CB5E11@microsoft.com... > Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange > server. > Before I ...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

auto recovery #2
I am using Office 2000. Excel has crashed, and when I reopen the document none of my changes were saved. Where can I find the auto save options. Ie. the autosave interval and the location where the auto save is saved too.. Thanks. Hi Autosave is not installed by default. It's an addin that has to be installed. Personally I dislike those things, I like to play around with files without risking that the original is automatically overwritten at what feels like random times. So I suggest Jan karel's "AutoSafe" instead. See AutoSafe.zip on http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/De...

data file: how to start its application

Problem Refreshing Contact Form from External .NET App #2
I created a custom ASP.NET app that is launched from the CRM Contact form. It is configured (isv.config) to only be launched while editing an existing contact (not new). My custom app modifies data on the CRM Contact form. It them refreshs the data on the Contact form before the custom form closes. <script>window.opener.location.reload(1);</script> My custom app works fine if I open up an existing contact. If I create a new contact and press the save button (on the contact form) the toolbar button that lauches my app on the contact form is displayed. If I then launch my ...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Filter CSV file for duplicates upon importing
Hi. I am importing a CSV file into a new table using the open file dialog box and an import specification. There are four fields (A,B,C,D). I want to filter for duplicates so if B,C,D are the same then only one of those records will be imported. Here is an example: Record 1 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 59, 62 Record 2 (A,B,C,D): Alex, Mapquest, 62, 81 Record 3 (A,B,C,D): Josh, Finepoint, 43, 65 Record 4 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 62, 81 Record 5 (A,B,C,D): John, Mapquest, 59, 62 So Record 4 will not be imported, because column B,C,D are the same as Record 2. Record 5 will not be imported beca...

Recovery storage group? #2
Hi there. I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange 2003 SP2 We have an old offline backup from seven months ago, and a user wants some data that will be in it. How can I get the data out? Do I make a new recovery storage group first? What's the next steps? Thanks, Neal http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824126/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832436/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836452/en-us Neal wrote: > Hi there. > > I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange > 2003 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

import messages from outlook express to outlook 2003
Our computer had to go off and be repaired, so before it went I saved all of the email messages and the address book from Outlook Express to a USB and they are there in the form of DBX files. When we got the computer back, all of the programs had been wiped and we now have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I need to access these files and addresses, but find myself unable to do so - I am unable to import them into Outlook 2003. I have gone through some of the posts in some of the discussion groups and tried to follow what was advised, but have not been successful. Any suggestions on how ...

Import Holidays into Shared Calendar
Hi all Is it possible to import holiday dates for UK and foreign countries into a Shared Calendar in Exchange? If so how is this achieved? Our secretary has attempted this but can only effect changes to her local calendar. TIA Phil http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message news:O4GcnYznB_k2pyPeSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk... > Hi all > > Is it possible to import holiday dates for UK and foreign countries into a > Shared Cal...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...