Customizing CRM 1.2 Home Page

I'm a C#/VB.NET developer that's been put in charge of
the CRM system for our company.  One of the requests that
has been made is to change the "Home" page to allow the
sorting of activities based on different fields, etc.

How can I do this?  I've familiarized myself with the
basics of modifying the CRM (the stuff that's
documented), but I don't see anything that supports what
I need to do with the "My Home" page interface.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David
0
David
5/14/2004 1:04:18 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to add your modification into the isv.config file and also turn
isvintegration to On in the web.config then do an iisreset command

here are more details.

To add custom navigation pane buttons to the Microsoft CRM User Interface
the following steps should be completed:

1.  Update the web.config located on: virtual directory\web.config as
follows:

   ISV Integration
   Using /_resources/isv.config, it is possible to customize certain Menus
and Tool Bars
   throughout the application.  This setting is provided as a performance
optimization, when
   there are no customizations to be rendered this setting should be "Off".
   Recommended Setting: "Off" (Unless you have customized the isv.config
file)
   Values: "On" or "Off"
  -->
  <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>

By making this modification, the process which loads the Microsoft CRM user
interface will evaluate the ISV.config file as it builds the forms and will
add the custom navigation controls listed in the ISV.Config.

2.  Update the isv.config file located on: virtual
directory\_Resources\isv.config to include the following section.

 <Home>
    <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 1"
Url="http://www.msn.com"
     Id="navIsv1"/>
 </Home>

The next time the Microsoft CRM user interface is opened, a button will
appear on the left Navigation Pane off the Home page with the label "ISV
Test1.

Customized navigation controls such as this can also be added to the menu
and toolbars of the Microsoft CRM application by following similar steps as
described above. The Microsoft CRM SDK, which is available on the
installation CD's of the Microsoft CRM application, contains detailed
references for the various options for adding customized navigation
controls.  See the Application Integration section of the Microsoft CRM SDK

"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm a C#/VB.NET developer that's been put in charge of
> the CRM system for our company.  One of the requests that
> has been made is to change the "Home" page to allow the
> sorting of activities based on different fields, etc.
>
> How can I do this?  I've familiarized myself with the
> basics of modifying the CRM (the stuff that's
> documented), but I don't see anything that supports what
> I need to do with the "My Home" page interface.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

0
John
5/14/2004 1:25:52 AM
John, this doesn't address my question.  I know how to
add all of the custom navigation features - my problem is
modifying the fields that are displayed within the My
Home page (within the activity list on the form itself).

Can this be done?

David

=============
>   Using /_resources/isv.config, it is possible to
customize certain Menus
>and Tool Bars
>   throughout the application.  This setting is provided
as a performance
>optimization, when
>   there are no customizations to be rendered this
setting should be "Off".
>   Recommended Setting: "Off" (Unless you have
customized the isv.config
>file)
>   Values: "On" or "Off"
>  -->
>  <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/>
>
>By making this modification, the process which loads the
Microsoft CRM user
>interface will evaluate the ISV.config file as it builds
the forms and will
>add the custom navigation controls listed in the
ISV.Config.

>2.  Update the isv.config file located on: virtual
>directory\_Resources\isv.config to include the following
section.

> <Home>
>    <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
Title="ISV Test 1"
>Url="http://www.msn.com"
>     Id="navIsv1"/>
> </Home>
>
>The next time the Microsoft CRM user interface is
opened, a button will
>appear on the left Navigation Pane off the Home page
with the label "ISV
>Test1.
>
>Customized navigation controls such as this can also be
added to the menu
>and toolbars of the Microsoft CRM application by
following similar steps as
>described above. The Microsoft CRM SDK, which is
available on the
>installation CD's of the Microsoft CRM application,
contains detailed
>references for the various options for adding customized
navigation
>controls.  See the Application Integration section of
the Microsoft CRM SDK

>"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I'm a C#/VB.NET developer that's been put in charge of
>> the CRM system for our company.  One of the requests
that
>> has been made is to change the "Home" page to allow the
>> sorting of activities based on different fields, etc.
>>
>> How can I do this?  I've familiarized myself with the
>> basics of modifying the CRM (the stuff that's
>> documented), but I don't see anything that supports
what
>> I need to do with the "My Home" page interface.
>>
>> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> David
>

>.

0
David
5/14/2004 1:41:30 AM
You need to clarify what you are trying to achieve David.

for instance you could produce a list of data for all activies showing
created date, the object owner etc. You could then put titles a the top of
the list and when you click one it sorts for tha column etc

Tell me more about what you want to create

> John, this doesn't address my question.  I know how to
> add all of the custom navigation features - my problem is
> modifying the fields that are displayed within the My
> Home page (within the activity list on the form itself).
>
> Can this be done?
>
> David

0
John
5/14/2004 2:11:43 AM
think i know what you mean

you actually want to change the original crm home page ie change the list of
activities to add fields etc. This cannot be done in these versions of CRM.
Activity customization is a feature expected in version 2.0

however you could create your own today page which could show the users
lists of activities any way you want

"David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> John, this doesn't address my question.  I know how to
> add all of the custom navigation features - my problem is
> modifying the fields that are displayed within the My
> Home page (within the activity list on the form itself).
>
> Can this be done?
>
> David

0
John
5/14/2004 2:19:31 AM
Yah I need to be able to control what fields are
displayed in the My Home page (activity list); and from
what I know, with 1.2 we cannot do that.

GRR

So the only solution I know of is to:

a) replace the original My Home ASP page with a custom one
b) create a new page, and redirect that page to be the
default one to display

Either way, if I want to control the contents of the My
Home page, it looks like I'll have to write it from
scratch.

Any pointers on doing this?  Are there precreated user
controls I can use that will help out?

Thanks!

David

0
anonymous
5/14/2004 9:17:36 PM
Check out the activity summary from www.c360.com.  It has done the trick for
us...

John
0
John
5/15/2004 4:22:13 AM
Very interesting, John.  Did you find that the cost to this solution
definitely outweighed the development costs for doing it yourself?  Also,
what sort of customization do they have within their own systems?

Thanks!

David

"John Petersson" <john.petersson@1.com> wrote in message
> Check out the activity summary from www.c360.com.  It has done the trick
for
> us...
>
> John

0
Dave
5/15/2004 5:42:19 PM
David,

I've spent about $30,000 in consulting fees to have CRM integration done.
What I got from c360 was more robust and a lot cheaper.  Definitely worth
the money.  There is some room to customize the settings within the c360
offerings, but very limited.  For example, you cannot change which columns
appear.  Nonetheless, it's worth it.

Regards,

John
0
John

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

toolbar customization

CRM in outlook
the CRM folder(s) are missing from within the outlook menu. But we are able to view the crm system by typing the url in a browser window. the error warning indicates that that CRM functionality fails to download, and that a restart will help. after restarting a few times it is still not working this is the case on many machienes. ...

reuse unusable urls in a column ith 1 command
Hi all, Here is another freak question from one of my students: "I receive a column with URL's where some are clickable and others aren't. (blue or black) When I get into a cell with an unclickable url and press F2 and next Enter the URL becomes clickable again. Taking me to the clicked website. When I have a column of 5 problematic URL's this is OK but when I have thousands of rows I get tired. Is there a way to in one command activate all unclickable URL's?" My idea is that we ould need a macro to go to all rows and edit and confirm. I could write the macro ...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

Groove 2007 problems after upgrade from 3.1.
I've just gone through the very painful process of upgrading to Groove 2007 from version 3.1. A whole day lost trying to make it work again when it was fine before. But it is still not working correctly. Only some of my contacts are showing as online. I've gone through the "delete the contact"/"send a message"/"add the contact" process as suggested in the knowledgebase but no success. I can even send messages to the ones who appear offline, but when they reply I do not receive them. Amy ideas? Tony. There is a specific group for gro...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

XP Home Log on screen
I've had a hard disk failure and had it replaced. XP Home reinstalled and everything OK - the logon screen did not appear and the computer booted up. I installed .NET Framework 1.1 and 2 to allow some programmes to operate. Now when I start my computer, I get the logon screen and have to click it to continue the bootup. It also appears after the computer has been in hibernation. I'd like to get back to the previous state where it would boot up without having to logon. I found this fix for stopping the reappearance after hibernation "Disabling prompt for passwo...

Runnign MS CRM 3.0 Workflow services in a Cluster
Hi We are having 2 CRM Web server in a Cluster, pointing to single DB server. These servers are NLB. Currently we are running Workflow services only from one server. We wanted to run this service from both CRM web servers. Is there any known Issues with running workflow service from multiple servers. As I understand every workflow instance is tied up with CRM web server from where it is gets triggered and such workflow instance can only be executed from that web server. Any information in this case is appreciated Thanks Mak ...

Customize Does not WOrk

missing files #2
Suddenly I loose tyhe complete content of one of my created local folders of outlook express 5. Has anybody had the same aexperience and what ccan be done about it, how can the lost files be retrieved? Thanks for a solution. Eric ...

Sort a Range #2
Sorry Everyone, I know this one has been on here a dozen times, but I cant find any relating posts. Say I have 2 columns and 4 rows of data such as: A B 1 2800 $2000 2 2700 $1952 3 2940 $1700 4 2852 $2100 I want the next 3 rows to sort this from smallest to largest according to value in column A. I have a fixed # of data points (3 in this example) and would like to use formulas rather than the sort command so that I can have a x-y scatter plot of the sorted data that updates automatically when ever new data...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Workflow email slow to send
When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of an hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact page the email is delivered within a few minutes. Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process, perhaps an email polling timer somewhere? thank you in advance How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail created by workflows? Dave Ireland "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B6052CB-7A7F-41EC-93FC-DD4458D5CD61@microsoft.com... > When a w...

2003 Inside Pages Bleed Question
I created a foldover brochure on 8.5x11 (4 pages). I have a background of full color that crosses pages 2-3. Can someone please tell me how to set publisher up to see this as one continuous page when printing? Is your printer capable of printing full bleed? Basically you are setting up a booklet, what are you seeing in print preview? Is the brochure when folded actually eight pages? If this is the case, insert the background on page 2 and 3, copy, paste the copy, align one on the top the other, crop the top image left to the fold, crop the bottom image right to the fold. It will pri...

MS Money Small Business 2004 #2
I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doing a standard invoice item. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks, Steve "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote on 10 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the > the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows > the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doin...

CRM 1.1 and SBS 2003 Compatability
Hi, I just received Small Business Server 2003 and I am eager to install it, but I need to know if it supports CRM 1.1 or if there any patches that will make it work. Also, does the CRM Sales for Outlook work with Office 2003? Thanks, Hi: I assume you mean CRM 1.2, since there was no 1.1 release, and yes, CRM 1.2 is fully supported on SBS 2003 Premium Edition. John. "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:013b01c3b047$474a3cc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I just received Small Business Server 2003 and I am eager > to install it, ...

Outlook/Exchange problem #2
Two users out of about 60 having problems accessing their mailbox using Outlook. One of the users had their mailbox moved from one store to another on the same server, the other user had no changes made. They can both access their Inbox, but not any of the subfolders, or Deleted, Sent, Contacts, Calendar, etc. OWA seems to work fine for both users in all folders. I already tried recreating the mail profile, didn't help. Also tried accessing the mailbox from another client, same problem. One of two things happen... Either Outlook shuts down generating the following: Event 1000 - Fau...

Customer Report