I have written a customized report in Reporting Services using SQL Server
2005. I need to use a date as one of my query parameters. I am using three
parameters, one being UserName, 2) Customer, and 3) Date. I want the report
to filter on the username, then customer, then date in order to provide a
specific report for 1 customer and 1 date only. I changed the select for the
date to: Select Distinct Convert (varchar, new_tripdate,101) in order to cut
the time out of view. When I run the report, I first select the username,
then I am provided with a list of customers for that user, but the date gives
me all dates for that user regardless of the customer, and when I run the
report gives me all reports for that user. How can I make the filter for date
select only on the username, customer? I have tried setting the query
parameter for the username, customer, but I get an error. Must declare the
scalar variable "@owneridname".  The code that I am using for the date
dateset is:
Select Distinct Convert  (varchar, new_tripdate,101)

From FilteredNew_ACSSTripReport

WHERE (owneridname = @owneridname) AND (idlinkidname = @idlinkidname)

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Assuming that this report will be available from within Microsoft CRM, then
you might want to consider using the pre-filter functionality rather than
parameters. You could then set the default filter much more easily than the
parameters.

Additional information on pre-filtering can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx

Michael Cross
Navint
http://www.navint.com

"Onetreeup" wrote:

> I have written a customized report in Reporting Services using SQL Server
> 2005. I need to use a date as one of my query parameters. I am using three
> parameters, one being UserName, 2) Customer, and 3) Date. I want the report
> to filter on the username, then customer, then date in order to provide a
> specific report for 1 customer and 1 date only. I changed the select for the
> date to: Select Distinct Convert (varchar, new_tripdate,101) in order to cut
> the time out of view. When I run the report, I first select the username,
> then I am provided with a list of customers for that user, but the date gives
> me all dates for that user regardless of the customer, and when I run the
> report gives me all reports for that user. How can I make the filter for date
> select only on the username, customer? I have tried setting the query
> parameter for the username, customer, but I get an error. Must declare the
> scalar variable "@owneridname".  The code that I am using for the date
> dateset is:
> Select Distinct Convert  (varchar, new_tripdate,101)
>
> From FilteredNew_ACSSTripReport
>
> WHERE (owneridname = @owneridname) AND (idlinkidname = @idlinkidname)

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Custom toolbar and macros

CRM in outlook
the CRM folder(s) are missing from within the outlook menu. But we are able to view the crm system by typing the url in a browser window. the error warning indicates that that CRM functionality fails to download, and that a restart will help. after restarting a few times it is still not working this is the case on many machienes. ...

toolbar customization

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

Runnign MS CRM 3.0 Workflow services in a Cluster
Hi We are having 2 CRM Web server in a Cluster, pointing to single DB server. These servers are NLB. Currently we are running Workflow services only from one server. We wanted to run this service from both CRM web servers. Is there any known Issues with running workflow service from multiple servers. As I understand every workflow instance is tied up with CRM web server from where it is gets triggered and such workflow instance can only be executed from that web server. Any information in this case is appreciated Thanks Mak ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Workflow email slow to send
When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of an hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact page the email is delivered within a few minutes. Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process, perhaps an email polling timer somewhere? thank you in advance How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail created by workflows? Dave Ireland "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B6052CB-7A7F-41EC-93FC-DD4458D5CD61@microsoft.com... > When a w...

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...

CRM 1.1 and SBS 2003 Compatability
Hi, I just received Small Business Server 2003 and I am eager to install it, but I need to know if it supports CRM 1.1 or if there any patches that will make it work. Also, does the CRM Sales for Outlook work with Office 2003? Thanks, Hi: I assume you mean CRM 1.2, since there was no 1.1 release, and yes, CRM 1.2 is fully supported on SBS 2003 Premium Edition. John. "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:013b01c3b047$474a3cc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I just received Small Business Server 2003 and I am eager > to install it, ...

Customer Report

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Custom X-axis