Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick

Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick.
I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to
the t.  The instructions entailed going to:

Home -> Settings
Settings tab -> System Customization
Record Management -> Contacts
Add Fields
-select fields to add
ok - > save work

On the CRM server
Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
Select form customized
Add
Finish
OK

Restart IIS

After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
added field is not there.

Does anyone know how to address this?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Does the the change remain visible on the server? It could be a caching issue
in that case. If not, does the publishing show a message that the publish has
been succeeded without any problems? Any messages in the event viewer maybe?

Lets hope that the answers to these questions can lead to a solution.

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Jonder Au" wrote:

> Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick.
> I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to
> the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
>
> Home -> Settings
> Settings tab -> System Customization
> Record Management -> Contacts
> Add Fields
> -select fields to add
> ok - > save work
>
> On the CRM server
> Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> Select form customized
> Add
> Finish
> OK
>
> Restart IIS
>

> After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> added field is not there.
>
> Does anyone know how to address this?

Intresting I have the same problem, I have cleared the local cache etc and
done an iisreset, still no joy.

"Jonder Au" wrote:

> Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick.
> I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to
> the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
>
> Home -> Settings
> Settings tab -> System Customization
> Record Management -> Contacts
> Add Fields
> -select fields to add
> ok - > save work
>
> On the CRM server
> Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> Select form customized
> Add
> Finish
> OK
>
> Restart IIS
>

> After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> added field is not there.
>
> Does anyone know how to address this?

Hello,

Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
pages" to "every visit to the page".
Hope this works!

Elena

"Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> stick.
> I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
>
> Home -> Settings
> Settings tab -> System Customization
> Record Management -> Contacts
> Add Fields
> -select fields to add
> ok - > save work
>
> On the CRM server
> Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> Select form customized
> Add
> Finish
> OK
>
> Restart IIS
>

> After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> added field is not there.
>
> Does anyone know how to address this?

0
Elena
9/1/2005 8:36:30 AM
I have the same problem, after having done exactly the same steps as Jonder Au.

Important to get a good answer here.  Changing the cache settings does not
effect the problem.

Sincerely,
E. Palmer

"Elena" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
> Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
> pages" to "every visit to the page".
> Hope this works!
>
> Elena
>

> "Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> > stick.
> > I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> > the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
> >
> > Home -> Settings
> > Settings tab -> System Customization
> > Record Management -> Contacts
> > Add Fields
> > -select fields to add
> > ok - > save work
> >
> > On the CRM server
> > Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> > Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> > Select form customized
> > Add
> > Finish
> > OK
> >
> > Restart IIS
> >

> > After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> > added field is not there.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to address this?

Ronald, it turns out that it was a caching issue.  I just had to delete the
temporary internet files and reopen the web app.

Elena, thank you for suggesting that setting.  I was worried about having to
tell my bosses to clear the cache after each thing they do.  Thanks to your
suggestion, I don't have to.

You guys are great.

"Elena" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
> Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
> pages" to "every visit to the page".
> Hope this works!
>
> Elena
>

> "Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> > stick.
> > I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> > the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
> >
> > Home -> Settings
> > Settings tab -> System Customization
> > Record Management -> Contacts
> > Add Fields
> > -select fields to add
> > ok - > save work
> >
> > On the CRM server
> > Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> > Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> > Select form customized
> > Add
> > Finish
> > OK
> >
> > Restart IIS
> >

> > After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> > added field is not there.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to address this?

Unfortunalty for me chaning the cache settings made no diffrence whats so
ever, I have deleted all files. Whats strange is the views do change if I
modify then.
Gary

"Elena" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
> Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
> pages" to "every visit to the page".
> Hope this works!
>
> Elena
>

> "Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> > stick.
> > I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> > the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
> >
> > Home -> Settings
> > Settings tab -> System Customization
> > Record Management -> Contacts
> > Add Fields
> > -select fields to add
> > ok - > save work
> >
> > On the CRM server
> > Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> > Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> > Select form customized
> > Add
> > Finish
> > OK
> >
> > Restart IIS
> >

> > After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> > added field is not there.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to address this?

View changes go right into the DB and thus are available instantly.  Form
changes require publishing via deployment manager followed by an IISRESET.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Elena" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
> Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
> pages" to "every visit to the page".
> Hope this works!
>
> Elena
>

> "Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> > stick.
> > I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> > the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
> >
> > Home -> Settings
> > Settings tab -> System Customization
> > Record Management -> Contacts
> > Add Fields
> > -select fields to add
> > ok - > save work
> >
> > On the CRM server
> > Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> > Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> > Select form customized
> > Add
> > Finish
> > OK
> >
> > Restart IIS
> >

> > After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> > added field is not there.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to address this?

0
Matt
9/2/2005 7:42:13 PM
Thanks

Gary

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> View changes go right into the DB and thus are available instantly.  Form
> changes require publishing via deployment manager followed by an IISRESET.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:23:01 -0700, "enzedpcs"
> <enzedpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunalty for me chaning the cache settings made no diffrence whats so
> ever, I have deleted all files. Whats strange is the views do change if I
> modify then.
> Gary
>
> "Elena" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Try Internet Explorer menu --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Temporary
> > Internet Files --> Settings --> set "Check for newer versions of stored
> > pages" to "every visit to the page".
> > Hope this works!
> >
> > Elena
> >

> > "Jonder Au" <Jonder Au@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not
> > > stick.
> > > I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form
> > > the t.  The instructions entailed going to:
> > >
> > > Home -> Settings
> > > Settings tab -> System Customization
> > > Record Management -> Contacts
> > > Add Fields
> > > -select fields to add
> > > ok - > save work
> > >
> > > On the CRM server
> > > Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager
> > > Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization
> > > Select form customized
> > > Add
> > > Finish
> > > OK
> > >
> > > Restart IIS
> > >

> > > After performing these steps, I get back onto any client computer.  The
> > > added field is not there.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to address this?

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Contact Set Up for Personal Use
I use Outlook 2003 and was wondering if there is a better way to set up my contacts for personal use. For example, our family has another family in our address book. There are multiple contacts with multiple email addresses and phone numbers for the other family, although they are all at the same mailing address which I use when I send a Christmas card or something. Rather than having four separate contacts, is there a way to combine it into one and still be able to find the members' information that are the primary contact? I guess this would be like finding staff members within a com...

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"
I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code. Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated; DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb", acForm, "FrmName, frmName" Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 "FrmName, frmName" should be FrmName, frmName Pieter "CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message news:7a119afee29c8@uwe... >I am trying to import ne...

Customer Report

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

business contact manager w/ outlook 2003
would really like to sync with pocket pc - any suggestions? ...

Close two forms at once?
I have two forms that open up in succession and stay visible together as part of my invoice creation process. When we have finished editing the second form, I want to have a single Close button that will close both forms with one click. Assuming that we're talking about Form1 and Form2, how would I code this, please? Many thanks CW Private Sub CloseTwoForms_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form1" DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form2" End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster....

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

Utility to convert signatures to contacts
I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures, dragging info line by line into the Outlook form. Is there a utility that smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process? BTW I am usin XP with Outlook 2003. Thanks Sure, there are several. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp for Address Grabber and others. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...