Customer Time Zones - 173464

Has anyone had the need to know a customer's time zone in mscrm?
Wondering what is the best way to determine this, so csr's don't call
overseas customers in the middle of the night!

Chris
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM already has an attribute for storing the time zone, called
address1_utcoffset - it just isn't on the account form by default. If you put
it on the form, it displays a picklist of all the time zones

"Chris Patten" wrote:

> Has anyone had the need to know a customer's time zone in mscrm?
> Wondering what is the best way to determine this, so csr's don't call
> overseas customers in the middle of the night!
>
> Chris
Hi

This can be done very easily by adding new iFrame and pass the
State/Country field to that page.. the page can use the following url
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ and state as paramter to show the
clock. To form the url, please refer the following link :
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.aspx

If you need any more help contact us.. we will surely help you out.

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

David Jennaway wrote:
> CRM already has an attribute for storing the time zone, called
> address1_utcoffset - it just isn't on the account form by default. If you put
> it on the form, it displays a picklist of all the time zones
>
> "Chris Patten" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had the need to know a customer's time zone in mscrm?
> > Wondering what is the best way to determine this, so csr's don't call
> > overseas customers in the middle of the night!
> >
> > Chris

0
Sam
10/14/2006 8:35:26 AM
well, ok, may be easy for the CRM experts, but how as an amateur, do
you do either of these solutions. Didn't even know the HTML pages for
CRM were easily-modifiable.

Thanx,

-Tony

Sam wrote:
> Hi
>
> This can be done very easily by adding new iFrame and pass the
> State/Country field to that page.. the page can use the following url
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ and state as paramter to show the
> clock. To form the url, please refer the following link :
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.aspx
>
> If you need any more help contact us.. we will surely help you out.
>
> Sam
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> David Jennaway wrote:
> > CRM already has an attribute for storing the time zone, called
> > address1_utcoffset - it just isn't on the account form by default. If you put
> > it on the form, it displays a picklist of all the time zones
> >
> > "Chris Patten" wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone had the need to know a customer's time zone in mscrm?
> > > Wondering what is the best way to determine this, so csr's don't call
> > > overseas customers in the middle of the night!
> > >
> > > Chris

0
Anthony
10/18/2006 5:24:39 PM
Log into the CRM web interface.
Click on Settings in the left-hand pane
Click on Customization in the left-hand pane
Click on Customize Entities in the right-hand pane.
Double-click on 'Company' in the right-hand pane.
Click on Forms and Views in the left-hand pane.
Double-click on the approriate form in the right-hand pane (usually
'Form', 'Active Companies', or 'My Active Companies', depending on
which form you want to change).
Click on 'Add Fields' in the far right-hand pane.
Scroll down and check the box next to 'Address 1: UTC Offset'
Click Ok
Click Save and Close on the next window's toolbar
Click Save and Close on the next window's toolbar
Click on 'Company' in the right-hand pane of the Customize Entities
window
Click on Publish in the window's toolbar.
View a company in your CRM web interface to verify the new field shows
up.

-Tony

Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
> well, ok, may be easy for the CRM experts, but how as an amateur, do
> you do either of these solutions. Didn't even know the HTML pages for
> CRM were easily-modifiable.
>
> Thanx,
>
> -Tony
>
> Sam wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This can be done very easily by adding new iFrame and pass the
> > State/Country field to that page.. the page can use the following url
> > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ and state as paramter to show the
> > clock. To form the url, please refer the following link :
> > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.aspx
> >
> > If you need any more help contact us.. we will surely help you out.
> >
> > Sam
> > _______________
> > Inogic
> > Innovative Logic
> > Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> > E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> > Web: www.inogic.com
> > --------------------------
> >

> > David Jennaway wrote:
> > > CRM already has an attribute for storing the time zone, called
> > > address1_utcoffset - it just isn't on the account form by default. If you put
> > > it on the form, it displays a picklist of all the time zones

0
Anthony

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

SMTP Current Sessions
I had a situation this morning where I found 400 connections on my Exchange servers' SMTP connections. All the inbound Internet email was tied up since I have four servers each set to 100 max connections. I have the connection time-out parameter on all the SMTP virtual servers set to 10 minutes (600 seconds), so how can sessions stay open for several hours? I saw connected times > 10,000 seconds. Shouldn't the time-out parameter prevent this? Or am I missing something? -------------------- Glenn Blinckmann "Glenn Blinckmann" <gblinckmann@communities.microsoft....

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Time Arithmetic
I copied a list of data from the web for further analysis. One of the columns contains a time duration and is shown as 3:04:22, meaning 3 hours, 4 minutes and 22 seconds. I formatted the column as time [37:30:55] 6th pick on the default list. When I try to perform time arithmetic on the data, trying to calculate the difference between two time values [=a2-a1] for example, I get an error #VALUE as a result. What am I doing wrong? Dan Try formatting it as a custom type and enter [h]:mm:ss as the format. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.E...

Why does message show date/time in Sent box when draft (not sent)
Hi would be grateful if anybody can shed any light on the following problem. I sent an e-mail with a draft e-mail as an attachment. The draft e-mail has not been sent yet and is saved in Drafts in Outlook. Yet the recipient of the message says that the draft e-mail has got a date and time in the Sent box. Upon checking in Sent Items the message has not got a date and time in the Sent box but when you print the message off a date and time does appear in the Sent box does anybody know the reason for this? ...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Project Time in Business Portal
Is anyone using this? We're trying to configure BP3.0 to allow Project Timesheet entry by admins on behalf of department employees. It's easy to set the user proxies in regular timesheet entry in BP but I can't find where to set it in Project Timesheet. Anyone have experience with this? Thx, Frank Hamelly ...

Customer Report

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Save Times Changing Without Saving
I don't know if this is an excel thing or a LAN thing, but I've started noticing that my excel files are changing save time after I've had them open without me saving them. I know the time for an open file will list the time it was opened, but I'm talking about the open time staying with the file even after it is closed. I'm running excel 2002, XP Pro, and I think the server is Win 2000. (It's a large corporate WAN) Has anyone had this problem? If you still have the workbook open, then this is normal. But if you've closed the workbook without saving (and nothin...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit
Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or clipped around the side or far too small. Thanks for your help You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls. To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it. Hope this helps. I...