Custom Report #4

Hi

I am in the process of creating a custom report in Visual Studio. We are
using CRM 4.0 and I chose not to use the report wizard as we require a more
complex report.

I have managed to create a simple report with our company logo and a table
with details from the case entity. We need to create a service activity
report which shows all the cases created for a specific customer during a
specific time period.

I have managed to make the report prefilterable and using the filter we can
select the customer and the report will display a summary of each case logged
for the customer.

I now need to also insert an additional table which shows details of
specific service activities created for the case. We want to only show this
table when the case has been created for maintenance.

I have managed to join the tables and create the maintenance task table. I
need to find out if it is possible only to show this table for specific
cases. The table needs to visible below each case summary table.

I would like to also include a heading for the report which shows the
customer name which is indicated in the filter. I tried to insert the field
for customer name however it did not return any data.

Is it possible to add a default filter? Thanks for any help. I would really
appreciate it if someone could please give me a clue or point me in the right
direction.

Many Thanks
Mark
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

I am quite sure that what we want to do is possible. My query currently is:
select createdon
         customeridname
         new_typeofsupport
         owneridname
         resposiblecontactidname
         ticketnumber
         title
         new_resolutiondescription
         incidentid
FROM FilteredIncident AS CRMAF_FilteredIncident

I need to INNER JOIN service appointment as service appointment ON
regardingobjectid = incidentid

And I need to only display the Service Appointment details where title of
case equals Maintenance or Service Appointment details contain data.

I would really appreciate some assistance.

Many Thanks
Mark

"Mark Braithwaite" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am in the process of creating a custom report in Visual Studio. We are
> using CRM 4.0 and I chose not to use the report wizard as we require a more
> complex report.
>
> I have managed to create a simple report with our company logo and a table
> with details from the case entity. We need to create a service activity
> report which shows all the cases created for a specific customer during a
> specific time period.
>
> I have managed to make the report prefilterable and using the filter we can
> select the customer and the report will display a summary of each case logged
> for the customer.
>
> I now need to also insert an additional table which shows details of
> specific service activities created for the case. We want to only show this
> table when the case has been created for maintenance.
>
> I have managed to join the tables and create the maintenance task table. I
> need to find out if it is possible only to show this table for specific
> cases. The table needs to visible below each case summary table.
>
> I would like to also include a heading for the report which shows the
> customer name which is indicated in the filter. I tried to insert the field
> for customer name however it did not return any data.
>
> Is it possible to add a default filter? Thanks for any help. I would really
> appreciate it if someone could please give me a clue or point me in the right
> direction.
>
> Many Thanks
> Mark

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Custom toolbar and macros

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

toolbar customization

Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs
Using V9.0, manufacturing. I cant find a report that shows material and labor costs for an item that we build Where can I find this report? I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order, and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number. This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs are not correct. thanks -- Doug Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO. There is no report that sumarizes a range of MOs. You could create this in Crystal or SRS. You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, mi...

Notification #4
How do I keep Outlook from putting an envelope in my lower toolbar when mail comes in? It is just a distraction. Thanks. Tools > Options > Email Options... > Advanced Email Options > Uncheck the Desktop Alert option. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "HP" <deepsouthphoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:yAjUf.111$kp3.47@fe04.lga... > How do I keep Outlook from putting an envelope in my lower toolbar when > mail > comes in? > It is just a distraction. > Thanks. > > Thanks for the reply Russ. I went through the instructions but there is n...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

Workflow email slow to send
When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of an hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact page the email is delivered within a few minutes. Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process, perhaps an email polling timer somewhere? thank you in advance How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail created by workflows? Dave Ireland "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B6052CB-7A7F-41EC-93FC-DD4458D5CD61@microsoft.com... > When a w...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...

MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number
Hello, I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you have any idea to do this. Thanks a lot for your answer. FB Frédéric BAILLON wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you > have any idea to do this. > > Thanks a lot for your answer. > > FB Hi Frédéric, There are many possibilities: You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file, or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity column (auto incremental column) Ta...

Customer Report