Custom forms to add a Account/Lead data into CRM

Hey All,

Due to requirements of the system we are developing,we need to create
screen which will have 2 entities on the same screen as this isnt
possible thru normal customization we need to opt for custom aspx
forms and MS CRM SDK to add the data.
I need to develop a form and usign CRM SDK populate the upper half of
the custom form with account info and provide a data entry screen for
the lead entity in the lower half (the same form).
I have absolutely no idea how to add a lead entity into the CRM
Database using SDK

Any links/Sites/code snippets you can provide to me will be helfull.

Thanks
Shaunak
0
shaunsdaily
10/28/2004 11:02:04 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can find all the information about how to use the sdk at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/Default.asp

An example of how to add a lead by using the sdk is to be found on this page
(within the sdk)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/crmleadcreatemethod.asp

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Shaunak Pandit" wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Due to requirements of the system we are developing,we need to create
> screen which will have 2 entities on the same screen as this isnt
> possible thru normal customization we need to opt for custom aspx
> forms and MS CRM SDK to add the data.
> I need to develop a form and usign CRM SDK populate the upper half of
> the custom form with account info and provide a data entry screen for
> the lead entity in the lower half (the same form).
> I have absolutely no idea how to add a lead entity into the CRM
> Database using SDK
>
> Any links/Sites/code snippets you can provide to me will be helfull.
>

> Thanks
> Shaunak

Dear Shaunak,

Have you tried to create a page with an extention like say FaxHelper.aspx?

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Shaunak Pandit" wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Due to requirements of the system we are developing,we need to create
> screen which will have 2 entities on the same screen as this isnt
> possible thru normal customization we need to opt for custom aspx
> forms and MS CRM SDK to add the data.
> I need to develop a form and usign CRM SDK populate the upper half of
> the custom form with account info and provide a data entry screen for
> the lead entity in the lower half (the same form).
> I have absolutely no idea how to add a lead entity into the CRM
> Database using SDK
>
> Any links/Sites/code snippets you can provide to me will be helfull.
>

> Thanks
> Shaunak

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

setting up email account on my windows vista
Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." error message What is the complete error message Gulay -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Gulay Dogan" <GulayDogan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3089BE5C-88A3-4EEB-8130-15CFB30B70BC@microsoft.com... > Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." > error message Please expand the error message, then copy and paste ...

Data validation through code
Hi Experts, You know that DATA VALIDATION works only in case of entering values in cells by typing (prvents entering wrong values). It does not work in case of pasting. It also does not work in case of cells having formula. I read in some books that we can use worksheet_Change event or worksheet_Calculate to validate data through code. But code can validate data only after cell is changed. It means we can not prevent wrong entries, we also can not restore original values. Please tell me, is my conception right? or is there any way to handle this problem. Regards, Diva You are right that Exce...

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

CRM in outlook
the CRM folder(s) are missing from within the outlook menu. But we are able to view the crm system by typing the url in a browser window. the error warning indicates that that CRM functionality fails to download, and that a restart will help. after restarting a few times it is still not working this is the case on many machienes. ...

toolbar customization

Hook to add item to transaction
I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: Dim myobject As Object Set myobject = mysession.Transaction.Entries.Add(753, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) TIA John John wrote: > I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen > but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I > tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: > Di...

importing e mail data into calender
how do i set e mail to auto import all calender appointment request e mails directly into my calender?? -- sg Microsoft sez: "Soon after a meeting request arrives in your Inbox, a piece of Outlook code — nicknamed the "sniffer" — automatically adds the meeting to your calendar and marks it as tentative. This is a fail-safe to keep you from missing the meeting in case you don't see the request in your Inbox. However, the sniffer doesn't reply to the meeting organizer. You still need to do that by accepting, accepting as tentative, or declining the re...

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Email account password
I recently moved my PST from a machine using Win2000/Office 2000 to a PC using WinXP/Office XP. In Outlook 2002 I didn't even try to transfer the settings for my email accounts or rules; I set up my email accounts and rules manually. Every time I launch Outlook 2002, Outlook asks me to type the password for EACH email account. Each time I provide the password I click "Remember password", but Outlook still forgets the next time it launches. I even tried typing the passwords in the Tools | Email Accounts configuration screen with no luck. Help. Thx. Part II I have ...

Role Home Page
How can I show my users upcoming appointments that are held in a Public Calendar? My initial thought is that this would be a part of the Role Homepage, and the Public Folder shown would be different for different roles. But I don't see a way to do show a public folder at all. Thanks in advance Douglas Genne ...

Entry data sheet automaticlly updates or adds data to differant sh
I have a workbook with several sheets these sheets are all the same eccept for the title. Colunms are Name, heat one, heat two, heat three, total. then I have a sheet that the colunms are Name, total How can I make the last sheet with the Name, and total more automatated. I would like for the Name colunm to be a dropdown of some sort to where it looks at all the other sheets for names when you see the name you want you click it. it then fills in the field with that name and puts the total from the sheet where the name came from in the total field. I could provide the xls file if ...

adding email accounts #3
How do I add other e-mail accounts to Office word 2007? To add email accounts to Outlook 2007, go into Tools, Account Settings and click New Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Red4Con1" <Red4Con1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE62EEFE-3DC4-4E11-8935-AC724AB2DFD3@microsoft.com: > How do I add other e-mail accounts to Office word 2007? You don't add email accounts to Office Word 2007. It is a word processor, not an email program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All...

Resorting Data- Help!!
Hello!! Hope you can help! I am working on this large restaurant spreadsheet (with name, phone number, hours, type of food, ect), and each time after I was done working on it I would save it alphabetically. Now I have 1059 different restaurants. When I would sort alphabetically I would highlight the whole spreadsheet and push the A-Z button, not knowing that each column would sort indiviually. Now none of my restaurants have the correct information (none of the rows match up). So, I was wondering if there is a way I can go back and resort the information back into the order that I ente...

Making a drop down control to choose a data series
Hi charting folks. I have a chart that has six data series plotted onto it. There are two sets of three "tests" that get their data plotted One in the morning and one in the evening. Right now, the chart is a bit cluttered with all six plots on it. They are, however, useful for an overall view. What I would like to do is create a drop down control that has three selections. Morning, Evening, and All. The All is obvious, and the Morning would select three columns of data, and the evening would select the other three. If I were to name the two sets of data using a ...

Genuine Adsense Accounts, Adword Coupons
Genuine Adsense Accounts, Adword Coupons We Provide 25$ 50$ 75$ 100$ And 1000$ Google Adwords Coupons Very Cheep Price For Bulk Order Google Ad sense Accounts @ Very cheap Rates You Need Any Adsense Account Your Payee name and Adress just Mail me email : asha4earn@gmail.com contact : +918686166553 ...

Runnign MS CRM 3.0 Workflow services in a Cluster
Hi We are having 2 CRM Web server in a Cluster, pointing to single DB server. These servers are NLB. Currently we are running Workflow services only from one server. We wanted to run this service from both CRM web servers. Is there any known Issues with running workflow service from multiple servers. As I understand every workflow instance is tied up with CRM web server from where it is gets triggered and such workflow instance can only be executed from that web server. Any information in this case is appreciated Thanks Mak ...

combo box on unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case. Thanks in advance, George Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form) why are you using a class? "George&quo...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Unit accounts and FRx
Am considering using unit accounts and wondering about affect on Frx setup. Any "heads up" would be appreciated. Thanks The only suggestion is that if you are creating unit accounts, you should put them at the bottom of your chart of accounts. It doesn't really matter but I think it's more understandable that way. But, there's no impact on FRx. Unit accounts will be treated like other accounts. They are a great tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "noyb" wrote: > Am considering using unit accounts and wondering about affect on Frx > setup. Any "hea...