Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?

I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of
"Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to
be the same as a "out of the box" entity.

Why is this?  Anyone know a way around it?

CRM 4.0

Mark

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Mark,

There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to
something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the
display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The
web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate
between two entities having the same name?

If you don't need the original invoice entity, then rename it to "(unused,
original) invoice" or something like that. Publish it and then you should be
able to rename your custom entity to invoice.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

"Mark Andrews" <mandrews__NOSPAM__@ddiworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of
> "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to
> be the same as a "out of the box" entity.
>
> Why is this?  Anyone know a way around it?
>
> CRM 4.0
>
> Mark

Thanks.  I appreciate the help.

"Michael H�hne" <michael.hoehne@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi Mark,
>
> There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to
> something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the
> display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name.
The
> web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate
> between two entities having the same name?
>
> If you don't need the original invoice entity, then rename it to "(unused,
> original) invoice" or something like that. Publish it and then you should
be
> able to rename your custom entity to invoice.
>
> --
> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog

> "Mark Andrews" <mandrews__NOSPAM__@ddiworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of
> > "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to
> > be the same as a "out of the box" entity.
> >
> > Why is this?  Anyone know a way around it?
> >
> > CRM 4.0
> >
> > Mark

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Displaying rich static text
Hi, What would be the simplest thing I could do to display static text (rich) in a dialog? Looks like a simple static control would not support this.Do I have to use a CRichEditCtrl? TIA, JY >What would be the simplest thing I could do to display static text (rich) in >a dialog? Looks like a simple static control would not support this.Do I have >to use a CRichEditCtrl? For anything more than a single font you will require either a rich edit or HTML control (the former is probably the simplest solution here). Dave As pointed out, you have to use a rich edit ...

Under 10.6 -- problems opening files with "#" in the name
Hey all.. A user showed me this one and I could replicate it on my computer as well. If an Excel 04 file has a "#" in it's name -- under 10.6, if you double-click on the file, Excel 04 will launch, but not open the file. File --> Open works, though. However, if you remove the "#" from the name of the file (say the original is "123#.xls" and the change is to "123.xls" -- then the file will open via double-click. This appears to be new behavior under 10.6. The user had no problems with the #-in-the-name files under 10.5.8. I also tried t...

Multiple Domain Name for Front-End Server
I have 1 Front End and 4 Back End Exchange Server. the Server names as follow: fe-mail.mycompany.com be-mail1.mycompany.com be-mail2.mycompany.com be-mail3.mycompany.com be-mail4.mycompany.com For the External DNS, I have registered 2 entries NAT to the FrontEnd Server. Say: fe-mail.mycompany.com mail.mycompany.com I found OWA works fine on External when I use both name. However, while I deploy RPC-HTTPS, only "fe-mail.mycompany.com" is valid for connection, "mail.mycompany.com" did not. 1. is it Exchange Setting problem? is there any option in Exchange to enter bot...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

How do I display pictures in Outlook?
I just switched over to using Outlook from Outlook Express. I am having trouble with photos attached to e-mails I receive. With Outlook Express, attached pictures showed up right in the body of the e-mail. I did not have to click on individual files to view them. However, since switching to Outlook, I can't seem to find this setting. What I get with Outlook is the message with icons or listing for the individual picture files. Then to view them I would have to double click on each file individually. This is very time consuming and tedious is there is are more than a few pict...

Payee on check different than "my" payee name
Hi, A lot of companies are requesting that checks be payable to "a bunch of letters," that is not an acronym I will ever remember. The latest is *AAUM* for the University of Michigan Alumni Association, which I have as U of M Alumni Association." Since my payees that start with AA... are for Ann Arbor this doesn't work well for me. Assuming that I am wish to comply with their request, can I have a different "print on check as" like in QuickBooks; or can I use the nice "payee variation feature in money" in some creative way to achieve this effect. A hack...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Attachment file names should print in header
For the life of me I cannot get the attachements to show up in the header of the e-mail messages that I print out. I have checked every setting I can find. I've never had this problem with outlook express, and it's critical that I be able to pass a printed e-mail to an employee and they can easily see the file names of the attachments. Can anyone please help? This is an Outlook limitation if you are printing HTML e-mail messages. Try changing the message format to either Rich Text or Plain Text. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

connection point display
when I bring a shape (square or circle or anything that has connection points ) into my drawing, the connection points all show short black line above the points .I don't remember seeing this happening in Visio 2000. Anybody have any idea what this is and how to get rid of the lines? thanks, Bob and what version are you working at now (sounds like it is not v2000) al "bcsteamer" <bcsteamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DAA05F-97CC-431B-8F50-B1AA4101F041@microsoft.com... > when I bring a shape (square or circle or anything that has connectio...

Unable to Display folder "Inbox"
After making a change to the fields in Outlook 2000's Inbox, I cannot display the folder. All other folders are OK, but in Inbox, I receive the following message. " Unable to display the folder. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." I cannot delete the folder, as I would make a new folder and lose the current inbox, but "Inbox" appears to be special. Any help would be sorely appreciated. Start Outlook 1 time with the /cleanviews command line switch. * Start | Run * Type: outlook.exe /cleanviews * OK button -- Neo ...

Customer Report

Gridline box checked or unchecked. Gridlines do not print.
I'm new to excell and want to print gridlines. (Office 2003) With the gridline box checked or unchecked the gridlines do not print. Obviously, I must be doing something stupid. But what? Help appreciated, thanks, bobb File/Page Setup/Sheet tab, check Gridlines Bob Umlas Excel MVP "bobb" wrote: > I'm new to excell and want to print gridlines. (Office 2003) > > With the gridline box checked or unchecked the gridlines do not print. > > Obviously, I must be doing something stupid. But what? > > Help appreciated, thanks, bobb No response in...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...