Custom entity add businessunit attribute #2

I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with
businessunits. There
is an attribute named  owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not
selectable under forms and view ---> form ---> add fields
What have I done wrong or it is  the way Microsoft CRM works?
0
caims1 (3)
9/3/2008 1:44:41 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don't worry! This is a system field and cannot be added onto the form.

You can add a custom business unit field by creating a new attribute.

HTH,
Niths

"刀客" wrote:

> I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with
> businessunits. There
> is an attribute named  owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not
> selectable under forms and view ---> form ---> add fields
> What have I done wrong or it is  the way Microsoft CRM works?

0
Niths (71)
9/3/2008 2:41:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_510B35E7

Hi all,

Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.

As Niths said, the owningbusinessunit attribute is system attribute and you
are not able to select the attribute to add it to the form. If you want to
add the lookup field for Business Unit on the form, please create N:1
relation ship with Business Unit.

Kind Regards,
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_510B35E7

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20
\par Hi all,
\par
\par Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.
\par
\par As Niths said, the owningbusinessunit attribute is system attribute and you are not able to select the attribute to add it to the form. If you want to add the lookup field for Business Unit on the form, please create N:1 relation ship with Business Unit.
\par
\par Kind Regards,
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_510B35E7--

0
kenakamu (203)
9/4/2008 7:07:32 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_3D52BFD2

Hi,

I am emailing to tell you that I will be closing this post today. Thank you
for using Microsoft Newsgroups!

Kind Regards,
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_3D52BFD2

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par I am emailing to tell you that I will be closing this post today. Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroups!
\par
\par Kind Regards,
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3D52BFD2--

0
kenakamu (203)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

Hook to add item to transaction
I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: Dim myobject As Object Set myobject = mysession.Transaction.Entries.Add(753, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) TIA John John wrote: > I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen > but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I > tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: > Di...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

Entry data sheet automaticlly updates or adds data to differant sh
I have a workbook with several sheets these sheets are all the same eccept for the title. Colunms are Name, heat one, heat two, heat three, total. then I have a sheet that the colunms are Name, total How can I make the last sheet with the Name, and total more automatated. I would like for the Name colunm to be a dropdown of some sort to where it looks at all the other sheets for names when you see the name you want you click it. it then fills in the field with that name and puts the total from the sheet where the name came from in the total field. I could provide the xls file if ...

Role Home Page
How can I show my users upcoming appointments that are held in a Public Calendar? My initial thought is that this would be a part of the Role Homepage, and the Public Folder shown would be different for different roles. But I don't see a way to do show a public folder at all. Thanks in advance Douglas Genne ...

Customize Does not WOrk

missing files #2
Suddenly I loose tyhe complete content of one of my created local folders of outlook express 5. Has anybody had the same aexperience and what ccan be done about it, how can the lost files be retrieved? Thanks for a solution. Eric ...

Sort a Range #2
Sorry Everyone, I know this one has been on here a dozen times, but I cant find any relating posts. Say I have 2 columns and 4 rows of data such as: A B 1 2800 $2000 2 2700 $1952 3 2940 $1700 4 2852 $2100 I want the next 3 rows to sort this from smallest to largest according to value in column A. I have a fixed # of data points (3 in this example) and would like to use formulas rather than the sort command so that I can have a x-y scatter plot of the sorted data that updates automatically when ever new data...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

How to include predesigned shapes into an Add-in?
Powerpoint 2003. I have an Add-in with an Auto_open() sub that creates a custom toolbar with some buttons that fire different macros that is included in the Add-in. One macro moves around existing shapes (images) in the ppt presentation and that works fine as long as the shapes are there. But if the user has deleted a shape from the presentation, the macro will fail. What I would like to do is to incorporate some shapes (images) in the Add-in (.ppa) and make them available to the Add-in macro so it can copy the shapes into the presentation when needed. Appreciate any advice...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Add a toolbar to my MainFrame
I have a SDI (I should have used a MDI but too late) with a ViewSwitcher (CViewA, CViewB). My problem is : 1) How can I add a toolbar to the default one on the mainframe when I switch on my CviewA 2)How can I add a splitter ONLY when I switch on CViewB, and to remove it when I switch back to CViewA. ...

Customer Report

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Outlook/Exchange problem #2
Two users out of about 60 having problems accessing their mailbox using Outlook. One of the users had their mailbox moved from one store to another on the same server, the other user had no changes made. They can both access their Inbox, but not any of the subfolders, or Deleted, Sent, Contacts, Calendar, etc. OWA seems to work fine for both users in all folders. I already tried recreating the mail profile, didn't help. Also tried accessing the mailbox from another client, same problem. One of two things happen... Either Outlook shuts down generating the following: Event 1000 - Fau...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

WMP12 won't allow me to add music to my library (no dialogue)
Hi When I purchased Windows 7 I purchased the N version which does NOT come with WMP12 or any other media features. As a result I had to add WMP and the other media features using Microsoft's Media Features Pack. Somehow or other I initially managed to add music to my WMP library but for some time now I've not been able to add music. In fact under Manage Libraries I can only add Recorded TV - I can't add Music, Video or Pictures. Absolutely nothing happens when I click on Organize|Manage Libraries|Music/Video/Pictures, no dialogue box comes up at all on any of t...

GPS Customization Query