Curious Email behavior

Hi all,

I've got a question about how email sent from within CRM (version 1.2)
should behave.  If a CRM user, sends an email to a contact from within CRM,
the email goes out and thats fine.  The contact also gets the email, so
thats good to.  Know, when the contact replies to the email, the email is
getting delivered to CRM user's Outlook inbox.  Is this correct ?  Should
the reply end up in the CRM system somehow ?  Or once an email is started,
it all happens outside of CRM.  I've been doing some digging in my
configuration and the only thing I could find that seemed out of the
ordinary, is that there is a Queue setup, and that Queue has an email
account specified, but if I look at this account in the AD admin tool, it
shows that this account is disabled.  Is this correct ?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

0
Nick
8/26/2004 2:25:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question about how email sent from within CRM (version 1.2)
> should behave.  If a CRM user, sends an email to a contact from within
CRM,
> the email goes out and thats fine.  The contact also gets the email, so
> thats good to.  Know, when the contact replies to the email, the email is
> getting delivered to CRM user's Outlook inbox.  Is this correct ?  Should
> the reply end up in the CRM system somehow ?  Or once an email is started,
> it all happens outside of CRM.  I've been doing some digging in my
> configuration and the only thing I could find that seemed out of the
> ordinary, is that there is a Queue setup, and that Queue has an email
> account specified, but if I look at this account in the AD admin tool, it
> shows that this account is disabled.  Is this correct ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nick

It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and recognises
the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
This is completely standard functionality.

If you also want to avoid converting ALL emails into CRM that pass through
the router by the way, you
have to check your personal options within CRM so it only actions against
emails about CRM records.

If the email has originated from CRM then any reply to the CRM user should
get created in CRM, as default behaviour.

The question relating to queues is unrelated to the main question you had,
but yes its setup correctly and should be disabled.

Best regards,

Tony Foster
GoldMine Support Consultant
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 Certified Applications Professional

Profita Limited Incorporating Mentors In Marketing & ClearView IT

0
Antoine
8/26/2004 2:38:04 PM
In addition, you do need to set the CRMEmail advanced attribute for the user
that wants inbound email routed into CRM.  This step is the same as setting up a
Queue email user.  (Just don't "disable" the user :-) )

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:38:04 +0100, "Antoine" <mfns15@dsl-spam.pipex.com> wrote:

"Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question about how email sent from within CRM (version 1.2)
> should behave.  If a CRM user, sends an email to a contact from within
CRM,
> the email goes out and thats fine.  The contact also gets the email, so
> thats good to.  Know, when the contact replies to the email, the email is
> getting delivered to CRM user's Outlook inbox.  Is this correct ?  Should
> the reply end up in the CRM system somehow ?  Or once an email is started,
> it all happens outside of CRM.  I've been doing some digging in my
> configuration and the only thing I could find that seemed out of the
> ordinary, is that there is a Queue setup, and that Queue has an email
> account specified, but if I look at this account in the AD admin tool, it
> shows that this account is disabled.  Is this correct ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nick

It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and recognises
the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
This is completely standard functionality.

If you also want to avoid converting ALL emails into CRM that pass through
the router by the way, you
have to check your personal options within CRM so it only actions against
emails about CRM records.

If the email has originated from CRM then any reply to the CRM user should
get created in CRM, as default behaviour.

The question relating to queues is unrelated to the main question you had,
but yes its setup correctly and should be disabled.

Best regards,

Tony Foster
GoldMine Support Consultant
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 Certified Applications Professional

Profita Limited Incorporating Mentors In Marketing & ClearView IT

0
Matt
8/26/2004 5:35:03 PM
Mat and Tony, thanks for the replies.

I just want to clarify something.  When you say
" It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and recognises
 the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
 This is completely standard functionality."

Do you mean that the email should end up in the user Outlook inbox, or
should end up in CRM ?

I've checked the Advanced Email attributes for the user in question, and he
has the "CRMEmailEnabled" attribute defined.  Are there any other attributes
that I need to set ?  Is there anything else that I should check out on the
server, or the Email router ?   To test, he set me up as a lead in CRM and
then sent me an email, and this is what my email looked like :

Does that look correct ?  I'm assuming that the {1ADBBB ..... } string is
the message GUID.  When I replied to this, it went to his Outlook Inbox, and
not the CRM system.

Thanks for your help
Nick

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> In addition, you do need to set the CRMEmail advanced attribute for the
user
> that wants inbound email routed into CRM.  This step is the same as
setting up a
> Queue email user.  (Just don't "disable" the user :-) )
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:38:04 +0100, "Antoine" <mfns15@dsl-spam.pipex.com>
wrote:

> "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a question about how email sent from within CRM (version 1.2)
> > should behave.  If a CRM user, sends an email to a contact from within
> CRM,
> > the email goes out and thats fine.  The contact also gets the email, so
> > thats good to.  Know, when the contact replies to the email, the email
is
> > getting delivered to CRM user's Outlook inbox.  Is this correct ?
Should
> > the reply end up in the CRM system somehow ?  Or once an email is
started,
> > it all happens outside of CRM.  I've been doing some digging in my
> > configuration and the only thing I could find that seemed out of the
> > ordinary, is that there is a Queue setup, and that Queue has an email
> > account specified, but if I look at this account in the AD admin tool,
it
> > shows that this account is disabled.  Is this correct ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Nick
>
> It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and recognises
> the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
> This is completely standard functionality.
>
> If you also want to avoid converting ALL emails into CRM that pass through
> the router by the way, you
> have to check your personal options within CRM so it only actions against
> emails about CRM records.
>
> If the email has originated from CRM then any reply to the CRM user should
> get created in CRM, as default behaviour.
>
> The question relating to queues is unrelated to the main question you had,
> but yes its setup correctly and should be disabled.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Tony Foster
> GoldMine Support Consultant
> Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 Certified Applications Professional
>
> Profita Limited Incorporating Mentors In Marketing & ClearView IT

0
Nick
8/27/2004 3:15:51 PM
Nick,

First a quick question:  Are you in the same Domain as CRM?  I ask only because
the router will not intercept internal email that is sent within the
organization.  It will only intercept inbound SMTP traffic.

Assuming this is coming from the "outside", one thing to try is to make sure
there is an actual subject in the email (the same you provided looks like there
wasn't a Subject).  I have seen problems where the GUID is not far enough over
so the router doesn't see it for some reaason.

If ti works correctly, the message should appear in both Outlook and the CRM
Inbound email queue.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:15:51 -0700, "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote:

> [...]

> the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
> This is completely standard functionality.
>
> If you also want to avoid converting ALL emails into CRM that pass through
> the router by the way, you
> have to check your personal options within CRM so it only actions against
> emails about CRM records.
>
> If the email has originated from CRM then any reply to the CRM user should
> get created in CRM, as default behaviour.
>
> The question relating to queues is unrelated to the main question you had,
> but yes its setup correctly and should be disabled.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Tony Foster
> GoldMine Support Consultant
> Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 Certified Applications Professional
>
> Profita Limited Incorporating Mentors In Marketing & ClearView IT

8/27/2004 4:51:03 PM
Hi Matt,

Yes, I am in the same domain - we only have on domain here.  So, we need to
try and send an email to an outside email address to test this.  I
understand that part.
I'll also try and send an email with a bigger subject in it.  Is there
anything else to take a look at ?  Are there any logs on that the Email
Router might be generating that I could look at ?

Thanks

> Nick,
>
> First a quick question:  Are you in the same Domain as CRM?  I ask only
because
> the router will not intercept internal email that is sent within the
> organization.  It will only intercept inbound SMTP traffic.
>
> Assuming this is coming from the "outside", one thing to try is to make
sure
> there is an actual subject in the email (the same you provided looks like
there
> wasn't a Subject).  I have seen problems where the GUID is not far enough
over
> so the router doesn't see it for some reaason.
>
> If ti works correctly, the message should appear in both Outlook and the
CRM
> Inbound email queue.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:15:51 -0700, "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com>
wrote:

> Mat and Tony, thanks for the replies.
>
> I just want to clarify something.  When you say
> " It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and
recognises
>  the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
>  This is completely standard functionality."
>
> Do you mean that the email should end up in the user Outlook inbox, or
> should end up in CRM ?
>
> I've checked the Advanced Email attributes for the user in question, and
he
> has the "CRMEmailEnabled" attribute defined.  Are there any other
attributes
> that I need to set ?  Is there anything else that I should check out on
the
> server, or the Email router ?   To test, he set me up as a lead in CRM and
> then sent me an email, and this is what my email looked like :

8/27/2004 9:37:56 PM
Afraid not.  The Event Log will let you know if there is a "problem", but it
won't tell you it didn't look at an email.  But that is a good place to check as
there could be issues with the router and it's communication with CRM that is
part of your problem.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:37:56 -0700, "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote:

Hi Matt,

Yes, I am in the same domain - we only have on domain here.  So, we need to
try and send an email to an outside email address to test this.  I
understand that part.
I'll also try and send an email with a bigger subject in it.  Is there
anything else to take a look at ?  Are there any logs on that the Email
Router might be generating that I could look at ?

Thanks
Nick.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> Nick,
>
> First a quick question:  Are you in the same Domain as CRM?  I ask only
because
> the router will not intercept internal email that is sent within the
> organization.  It will only intercept inbound SMTP traffic.
>
> Assuming this is coming from the "outside", one thing to try is to make
sure
> there is an actual subject in the email (the same you provided looks like
there
> wasn't a Subject).  I have seen problems where the GUID is not far enough
over
> so the router doesn't see it for some reaason.
>
> If ti works correctly, the message should appear in both Outlook and the
CRM
> Inbound email queue.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:15:51 -0700, "Nick Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com>
wrote:

> Mat and Tony, thanks for the replies.
>
> I just want to clarify something.  When you say
> " It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and
recognises
>  the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
>  This is completely standard functionality."
>
> Do you mean that the email should end up in the user Outlook inbox, or
> should end up in CRM ?
>
> I've checked the Advanced Email attributes for the user in question, and
he
> has the "CRMEmailEnabled" attribute defined.  Are there any other
attributes
> that I need to set ?  Is there anything else that I should check out on
the
> server, or the Email router ?   To test, he set me up as a lead in CRM and
> then sent me an email, and this is what my email looked like :

8/30/2004 2:09:13 AM
Matt,

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not sure if it was moving the GUID over, or
just sending an email outside our domain, but things worked as expected.
The reply to the outgoing email ended my guys inbox and in CRM.

Thanks again,

> [...]
> >
> > I just want to clarify something.  When you say
> > " It uses the Email Router in CRM against your email server, and
> recognises
> >  the GUID identifier hidden away far into the email title.
> >  This is completely standard functionality."
> >
> > Do you mean that the email should end up in the user Outlook inbox, or
> > should end up in CRM ?
> >
> > I've checked the Advanced Email attributes for the user in question, and
> he
> > has the "CRMEmailEnabled" attribute defined.  Are there any other
> attributes
> > that I need to set ?  Is there anything else that I should check out on
> the
> > server, or the Email router ?   To test, he set me up as a lead in CRM
and
> > then sent me an email, and this is what my email looked like :

How to convert mime type email to SMIME type email with dettach signature
How to convert mime type email to SMIME type email with dettach signature I want to convert the MIME type email to SMIME type email. but i cant do it. can anybody help me.i can do it in case use the attach signature in Signdata interface to get attach signature but when i get the dettach signature that time my email will be temmpered. ...

can't send email, must authenticate
Help I have two email accounts with Charter Communications. I can't send email and get the following error message only on the one account: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com' on 11/28/2003 7:44 PM 473 xxx@xxxxxxx.com relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first Sending works fine on the other account. Both accts with charter. settings on both the same. tried setting authentication on the outgoing server and it doesn't help. Have cable connection and firewall. office XP and Win XP. have used for a long time n...

sending email #2
I am having a problem sending emails but I have no problem getting them. I called my internet provider and they did not find a problem with the connection. Can you please help me. Is your pc behind a firewall? If so that could be the problem, in firewalls you need to allow traffic through ports, such as 25 and 110 which are for e-mail traffic. "Tiffany Chalmers" <tchal@alltel.net> wrote in message news:00cb01c3bd02$d6481ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am having a problem sending emails but I have no problem > getting them. I called my internet provider and they did >...

Wants to email a file
I created a flyer and I wish to email it to my friends but some of them do not have Publisher. Is there a solutions? Thnaks, Slieh You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial program PDF-XChange that goes for ~$40 US. PC Magazine, Aug 5 issue compares 11 pdf programs with PDF-XChange sharing...

have 4 email but all emails sent appear "from" the mail email address
I've set up four email accounts, with incoming messages from the two main accounts coming into my "inbox" and messages from the two secondary accounts coming into two personal folders. That all works beautifully. When I send an email, however, regardless of which email account I'm working with...the "from" always posts the main email account. I have to remember when posting a new email to go to the "accounts" drop down menu and select the email I am sending from. Is there a tool I can use that will skip this step of having to remember (as I often ...

Saving Sent Emails -- Not Happening
Even though I have chosen and verified that I picked the option to "Save Sent Message," the suystem isn't doing it. In order to save a sent message, I have to add myself as a BCC, and then when I get it back, I then have to move it to the Sent Item folder. Anybody have any suggestions as to what is going on with this? Phil T. Have you looked at Message Rules or Rules Wizard to see if there has been a rule created that might delete your message instead of saving it. I do not know how the rules get made but my mother in law had one that deleted any message that came in wit...

extracting emails
Hi, i wanted to know, if it is possible to extract emails out of a database, which is not connected to a storage group, and if the dc who it belongs to, is not available... i tried it with exmerge, but that works only, if the relating domain is available. thx for your answers Hi So is the store mounted? If not you will need to use a 3rd party product like OnTrack PowerControls: http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/ Regards -- Ben Hoffman MVP Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "andi" <andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A36B7367-C062-4D1B-9424-0E0208...

Company Email
What is the best way to setup an email box that the whole company can read? Do I setup a distribution group, public folder, or what? On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 05:47:01 -0700, pwverber <pwverber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to setup an email box that the whole company can read? >Do I setup a distribution group, public folder, or what? Either a public folder or mailbox. Public Folder is probably the usual choice. A distribution list is not a central depository if that is the goal. How do you create just a mailbox? Do I have to create a user or is there ...

sending email #2
I am trying to send a page through our web outlook mail, but when it comes through the pictures are missing along with the formatting. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Thanks, "Pammy" <Pammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B963783-C22B-4CFD-BDED-5C1ACDCED481@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send a page through our web outlook mail, but when it comes > through the pictures are missing along with the formatting. I do not know > what I am doing wrong. > > Thanks, ...

Receiving Emails from Vista or NT
I just installed this computer with Windows 7 and when my friends send emails with links to other sites the links appear not as an address. example cid:552378C9D6F746AFBC12C1B9C7ED746A@RICHARDOBXWT8G. Does anyone have a solution for me. Thanks for any help! -- Bruce Did you also install Windows Live Mail? Can you view your messages online? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BA27D6E-CED1-4525-91E6-A77CABA47BA9@microsoft.com... > I just installed this computer with Windows 7 and when...

not receiving all emails
I have windows 2000 and am using outlook 2002 as my email default. I have SBC DSL as my internet provider. I am not gettting many of my emails (specially with attatchments) on my outlook. I can go directly on to SBC 's server and find them but it does not come through on outlook. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? Thanks, Don ...

Curious about syntax
Hi, I'm curious about some syntax I'm seeing in an object someone wrote used to paginate through a collection. It's all straightforward to me except the last method: System.Collections.IEnumerator System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() { return this.GetEnumerator(); } I'm confused about that System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() definition when the pagination object already defines a GetEnumerator function. Since you can't have an overloaded method if only the return types differ, I'm confused by the voodoo going on her...

email from Thunderbird to Outlook?
Is there a way to import the saved emails in Thunderbird into Outlook? I have saved several email folders in Thundbird and would like to import/export them into my Outlook. Thunderbird isn't one of the import formats supported by Outlook. I suspect it will require a two-step process. 1. Export from Thunderbird in a format that's usable by Outlook's Import&Export command 2. Import into Outlook. In Outlook, choose File - Import and Export - Import from another program or file - Next, and take a look at the different types of files that are supported. Then, see what ex...

How do I centre an email pubilcation so that when the email is op.
How do I centre an email pubilcation so that when the email is opened it is not aligned to the left hand side? I don't think it can be done. Sorry. JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "SLB1" wrote: > How do I centre an email pubilcation so that when the email is opened it is > not aligned to the left hand side? ...

email encryption #6
Does Exchange Server 2003 have a way of encrypting email being sent to external recipients or do I need to purchase a third party application. Exchange out of the box supports TLS encryption between servers. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823019/ It also supports the use of S/MIME certificates but that has more to do with outlook and AD. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/exmessec.mspx Todd "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0EC9257-E0E7-4549-8CBB-97D588C745A2@microsoft.com... > Does Exchange Server 2003 ...

Email excel
I have a 12 page workbook that is sent via email very often. To discourage clients from changing the workbook I convert it to PDF (with Easy PDF Writer) and sent it as an attachment. Works great... EXCEPT when the client will not accept emails with attachments. Anyone know of a way to add the PDF file into the email and not use it as an attachment? I have been able to "Snapshot" one page at the time.. paste each page into a word document and insert the word document in the body of the email.......but that takes a while. Is there another way to do this without using PDF and...

Curious and Curiouser
Using Exchange 2003, Server 2000, Symantec Mail Security for Exchange with all filters removed for our domain. Have approx. 1500 users, most use OWA for mail. Increasingly, users cannot access Office attachments and we all use Office. It seems to happen with mail generated from some systems more than others, but its random: it dosen't happen every time. I have tried to research, but don't know where to look anymore. Any help is appreciated, Mary G. Do you see these missing items in the symantec quarenteen? (assuming it's set up and the rule relavent is set to send ...

Outlook email rules #2
Can anyone help? I use Outlook 2003, SP1. I use a domain email eg anything@business.com but there are 2 of us in the office and I don't want to download my colleagues emails onto my PC. Before, with Outlook Express I set up a rule to stop her emails from being downloaded from the server to my PC. There is nothing similar with Outlook. I can forward her emails once received but then I get the same email again and again. Any ideas? ...

Can't get internal emails but I get external emails????????
I have exchange 5.5. One of the users only receives external emails. When he logons on to the web based mail the internal and external emails are there but when he looks at his out only the external emails show up. Is there a setting that doesn't let him see the internal emails in Outlook? Hi Mitchel As you are saying he can receive external mails but not Internal mails . So while configuring client ( Probably MS Outlook ) , you have not configured Microsoft Exchange server properly . Go to Control Panel -> Mail -> Services . Here check the name . are you...

Emailing from forms
I have no problems sending an email to one recipient from a form using the SendObject command but I am having problems when it needs to be sent to a group of people. Here are 2 of the examples I have a form which shows a particular committee for an organization. It has a subform with the current membership of the committee. I want to be able to have the user click a button that puts all the email addresses on that subform into the To field for the email. For another client, I have a large filtered list (query)which is determined by fields in a dialog box. I need to be able to send each...

Can I use my exchange service email from work on the 2008 home edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Please help....switched to Mac and can't access work email now..... Can I get the 2008 home student edition, or will I have to go with the overwhelmingly more expensive version? The Home & Student version of Office 2008 does not ship with Exchange support; if you need Office 2008 and Exchange, you will need to buy either the Standard or the Special Media Edition. You might be able to get a cheap license at work, though, so consider asking your IT department for help. That being said, the Student & Teacher version of Office...

Email Router: Emails not delivered to recipients
Hi, We are currently using CRM email router to handle sending of emails. Emails are generated by some workflows. Everything was working fine for us, even though emails were being sent up to 1 hour later (we had no problem with a delay). For some reason emails are not being delivered anymore. The workflows are successful however when clicking on the email properties in the workflow I get the following message: "The email has not yet been submitted for delivery, For more information see help" It seems like the email is 'stuck' at the router and not being sent. Any ...

Can't send email 04-21-10
All of a sudden, I can't send email. I can receive. Nothing has been changed in "settings." I've been sending emails all day, then BAM! I get this message. I've rebooted. What just happened? The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com (1)', Server: 'mail.islandbeadandbox.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Islandbeadandbox.com is not your ISP. Many connection providers will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other...

email
Hi everyone, I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can download or buy to do this. Thanks SAS Try the free Irfanview at www.Irfanview.com "SAS" <SAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9362C82-2127-426F-A238-998A7154B7D4@microsoft.com... | Hi everyone, | | I hope this is not too stupid! I want to compress the photos I send with | my emails. I have dial-up and it takes so long. Is there a program I can | download or buy to do this. | | Thanks | SA...

Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook 2010
I have set up two email accounts (Or at least I thought I did.) under Outlook 2010 just as I have them set up under Live Mail which I will abandon once I get Outlook working like I want it to. If I send an email from from my laptop to each account they appear in my Desktops Outlook's only Inbox. In Live mail I have the two accounts, each with its own Inbox. How can I set up Outlook to have separate inboxes for each account? Thank you. Assuming pop mail that's the default behavior, unless you set up each mail account to use a separate data File, in which case you ...