CSV Import with Data Migration Manager

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to migrate from goldmine 6.5 to Microsoft CRM 4.0 and I am
having some trouble at the final hurdle.

I have imported all company data as Accounts, then I import individual
people as Contacts, but I leave the Company Name column in and map it
to parent customer -> account name.

This works to a degree, but for some reason will only accept 1 of each
company, so if there are multiple contacts under one account then it
takes the first one and rejects the rest. It looks like the
relationship is stuck at 1-1 for the import, but I can then manually
change it afterwards, so it is clearly 1-N in every day use.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Blair
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pasting data from Excel
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I should be posting this question here or in the Excel forum but here goes. Is it possible to copy data from multiple cells in Excel and then paste them into multiple lines of the criteria section of an Access query? For example, Given cells and values: A1- 1 A2- 2 A3- 3 I would like to be able to copy this data from Excel and paste it into an Access query like : Criteria: 1 or: 2 3 I am using Access 2002 SP3 and Exc...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

Taste the important pack from the M$
--ijcjxmqheu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jehqgmhvtnsz"; type="multipart/alternative" --jehqgmhvtnsz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kgjgjtzi" --kgjgjtzi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your computer secu...

Limits on Exporting Outlook Contact Data
Anyone know how to get custom fields, follow-up flags, and/or the "contacts" (links between contacts) from MS Outlook 2003 to Excel, CSV, Goldmine, or Act? The standard export utility in Outlook does not offer export of these fields. Most important is the links between contacts. You'd have to write your own code to do this. A key issue would be what information from the linked contact(s) you want to include. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

periods not importing
I have tried several ways to import periods in the Title, Suffix, and Middle Name fields, and I am getting box characters, rather than the period. I am using OL07. I have even tried replacing all periods with semicolons, the letters "qwer", and the letters "aa". And still, when it gets to OL, it shows up as unprintable box characters. What's going on? I would use Mapilab to replace these things, if I even knew what to call them. thx for any help. -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54...

Select Rows dependant on certain field data
How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text foun in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains tex "immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the row that contain the word "immediate" in that column? When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' tha data ready to be pasted elsewhere. I know what I mean :confused -- Madd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Problem exporting/importing .psf
Hi guys, I searched the community before and couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I am trying to export an Outlook 2000 mailbox from one user account to another. However, when I try and import it, I get the message saying that "Personal Folders "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". I have looked up solutions for this and they say to make sure its not read only. I tried this and it doesnt work, its currently NOT read only. Please note: This is a computer where the Outlook folder source for the export is on a user account no...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Import Items from Quickbooks
Did anybody import items from QB? I would be specifically interested in how inventory is imported. Unfortunately there is no import template/mapping list available where I could choose which fields I want to import. I only would like to keep my descriptions, price, cost, vendor information, etc. in sync but NOT the inventory. After sales quantities cannot be sent back from RMS to QB I would worry that the inventory I have in QB (which is different to the inventory in RMS) will screw up the inventory in RMS during the load. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Gerd ...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...

converting data
Have made an x-y scatter chart with temperature on the y axis and time on the x axis.The data was imported and the temperature is in centigrade.How can I convert the data into degrees fahrenheit? The temperature data is in column B and contained in over 400 cells The only way I know how to do this is manually converting each cell but this will take forever.Can anyone show me how to convert the entire column with a formula perhaps? -- sghioto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sghioto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Pulling/Collating Data
Hi, I have a workbook with 31 sheets (diary) A9:F9 (and other rows) is the info I want with the employee's initials in G9 There are multiple entries for the employee so he may reappear in row 13 and 15 I want to pull all the lines that relate to that employee from the 31 sheets into a separate workbook Thanks What is the name of the "separate workbook"? And in what sheet of this "separate workbook" do you want this data placed? Do you want only that data that pertains to that one employee whose initials are in G9? G9 of what sheet? Otto &qu...

Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart
I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A instead? ...

Import contacts from Excel into Outlook Contacts
I know this can be done from the import function in Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? There's a Map Fields step in the wizard. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Maurice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e0a01c48154$f16ff9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I know this can be done from the import function in > Outlook but how does one control where each field goes? ...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...

migrating to Win2003 server and exch2003
Hi, All My Win2000 domain consist of a single DC . All my FSMO roles are installed on this domain controller along with exch2000. I need to move all mailboxes, public folders and custom dist list to a new box that is running Win2003 server along with exch2003. I have completed the following.. 1) prep my domain ....ran adprep /forestprep adprep /domainprep 2) made Win2003 a member of the same domain (win2000) 3) Ran dcpromo to promote Win2003 to a DC 4) Move all FSMO role to this new Win2003 DC 5) Install Exch2003 on Win2003 DC 6) Move DNS to new Win2003 ...

error C2664 and error C2440 when migrating to VS 2005
Hello everyone, I have upgraded to VS 2005 and when I compile a program that I wrote in the previous version VC++ 6.0, I get few errors: 1) error C2664: '_com_ptr_t<_IIID>::_com_ptr_t(int)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'FnComPtr<IUnknown,& IID_IUnknown>' to 'int' (FnComPtr being the smart pointer.) 2) error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'FnComPtr<T,iid>' to '_com_ptr_t<_IIID>' Anybody getting the same error or knowing about this issue please respond Thanks in Advance.. sab ...