CSV Import File format

Hi

Can someone give me comma, tab seperated file format that MSCRM imports to
Contacts, Accounts and Leads .

Thanks in advance
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

Can you not just create one in Excel (using the save as type option)??
Its what i did, but you may only be able to import Leads and Contacts

Ben

0
bsmallwo
8/9/2005 11:59:26 AM
Can you please create one for leads and contacts and mail to me and( remove
underscores for my correct mail id).  I need just column headers to do
comparision.

laks_shmi_@e_grabber.c_om

"bsmallwo@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you not just create one in Excel (using the save as type option)??
> Its what i did, but you may only be able to import Leads and Contacts
>
> Ben

.CSV to .PRN
I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the information in the sheet off about 20 columns in - any suggestions? I am doing the basic File - Save as. Thanks, Melissa Have you formatted the sheet with a fixed-width font so you can set the field widths exactly? What is sum of field lengths? There used to be a limit of ~240 characters per line in PRN files. On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:13:08 -0700, "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the >information i...

Shared workbook-track changes off but file size still grows
I have a shared workbook with track changes off. I turned it off because I have a macro to arrange the rows in a certain way which created a huge log. The problem is that the file keeps growing. It starts out at 570k and by noon, it is at 15 Mb. To bring it back down, I have to take the book off shared, and put it back on and it is back to normal. Does anybody know the problem or know someone's website with experience in shared workbooks? Joe ...

The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or re
I have two ole frames embedded in two slides of ppt (Professional Office 2003 sp3) I double click (or edit) one ole in one slide and move to the next slide. When I come back to the previous slide and double click again. I get this message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application". I have seen cases from online where users were not able to see the embedded excel, however in my case I can see the embedded excel many times only if i stay in the same slide. Any hel...

importing incredimail into outlook express
Is there a way, or an add-on. or a third party software to import Incredimail mail into outlook express mail ? ZZ Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

cell formatting zero padding on binary no's
I'm struggling through doing some binary math on excel. Ugh. You'd think Excel is written by programmers, so they would see the value of having some programmer-friendly bitwise math and binary, octal and hex formatting stuff in there, if for no other reason than they could use it themselves. Anyway, that's my rant, here's my question I have some numbers in cells that I convert to binary C5: 55 DEC2BIN(C5) gives me 1010101 I'd really like to display that as 0101 0101 .... ie with a leading zero and a space between the nibbles. It appears that ce...

Importing CSV files problem
Hi Guys, I am currently working on a project that invloves importing of CSV files to Excel. Double-clicking the CSV file opens the file automatically in Excel. We have enclosed our data in quotation marks (i.e. "SomeData") to prevent errors arising from strings that have commas as part of the data. This works fine for us. However, The problem arises when we import data that look like numbers written in scientific notation but are actually some other data which should not be expressed in scientific notation (example "1E306" is expressed as "1E+306"). ...

Excel error while trying to import data from an Access database
This is just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem (as I just did)... =-) ::: SYMPTOM ::: In Excel, while trying to create a query into an Access database the following error occurred: MSQRY32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. ::: CAUSE ::: The Access database contains 'unfavorable' characters in the filename (e.g. "MyAccessDatabase v1.0 (15-Mar-05).mdb" -- it doesn't like the "." and is probably better off without the "(") Rename the database to use a 'safe' file n...

importing account info into production CRM
Has anyone used the DMF to do a secondary import of data into a live CRM environment? I know it is not intended for this purpose, however in this client's scenario they have no data whatsoever in Accounts (they use only leads and contacts currently, but a different department wants to use accounts now). I want to import some account data that is totally unrelated to their existing contacts. I figure I can use the DMF to do this. Anyone have any thoughts/tips/cautions??? Thanks, -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com Dear Matt, It is possible to do this. I have done an imp...

Creating a csv
I have a spreadsheet with a list of email addresses in the first column. I want to create a CSV file. If I choose Save as---> csv and then open the csv file in Notepad the list is saved as a list with carriage returns after each email address and no commas. So how do i turn the list into a continuous list with no breaks and a comma seperating each one? I'm using Excel 2007 Thanks Tony Open the file in MSWord and do an edit|replace (or the MSWord 2007 equivalent) to change the paragraph mark (under the More button and then under the Special button) to a comma. Tony Williams wrote: ...

CSV elements don't get split up in cells
Hi, I recently installed a German version of excel and now when I open m CSV files they don't get seperated anymore by the commas. The whol line is just written in one cell. When I had the US version installed the data was split up after eac comma and distributed into the corresponding cell. How can I achieve the same thing in the German version -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com tom You could try renaming the file to .txt rather than .csv When you try to open this in Excel it will start the Text Import Wizard which will give you much more control over the import of th...

Block HTML Formatting?
I have a web-based app that accepts emails sent to it by Exchange users. I'd like to have Exchange format those emails so that if my users send mail with HTML formatting in the email the emails will be converted to plain text before being forwarded to my app server. Is that possible in Exchange? rickKasten@gmail.com (DrStrangepork) wrote in news:a4cf4e10.0409141239.440d0853@posting.google.com: > I have a web-based app that accepts emails sent to it by Exchange > users. I'd like to have Exchange format those emails so that if my > users send mail with HTML formatting in t...

Another corrupted backup file
I made a backup of my money file to a CDR because I was going to format my hard drive. After I reinstalled windows and money I am getting an error message that says "My Money Backup.mbf is corrupted or is not a money backup file." I read about similar problems on this forum. I went into money and opened up the sample file and clicked "internet updates > update now" to update the money program hoping that it would work. I'm still getting the same error message. What else can I try?? In microsoft.public.money, rob wrote: >I made a backup of my money fil...

Extract embedded file from table to folder
I have an table in access with embedded excel files I want to extract them to a folder with automation - the only way I know is to create af Form, and then automatically open and close the form. In the on-open event I run the following code: Dim oXL As Object 'Dim strFileSpec As String 'Activate the embedded document in an instance of Excel 'MyOle is a bound object on the form Me!MyOle.Action = acOLEActivate 'get hold of the instance - assumes that there is only the one 'Instance of Excel running Set oXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") 'Save the docu...

File upload with Web Service (progress bar)
Hi Gurus, We have a web service. Through a client we sent some files to the server using the web service. Sometimes files are too big, and it takes long time to send the file. Is there any way we know how much it has uploaded, so that we can have a progress bar. I am using framework 3.5 and VB.NET. Thanks for any suggestion you can provide. Dan. "Dan" <Dan@nospaml.com> wrote in news:eFIveKJiKHA.1460 @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > We have a web service. Through a client we sent some files to the server > using the web service. > Sometimes files are t...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

how do I import footnotes to a publisher document ?
When I import a word document into plublisher, the footnotes do not show up. How can I import the Whole document incluiding the footnotes In Publisher 2002, one has to create headers/footers and then copy and paste footnote text, because Publisher 2002 does not support footnotes directly.. Bear in mind that MS Publisher is a frame-based desktop publisher, as opposed to MS Word that is a full blown word processor.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user "Tripleaxel1" <Tripleaxel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4765C400-3F5C-4CB4-8FF7-D92BBE2BCD08@micr...

Transferring Money files to a new computer
I have a new computer with Money on it. My old computer has files from and earlier version of money. How do I get the files from my old money into the new computer? Once I find the old files in the old computer, where do I put them into the new computer so money can find them. Since I have already done the setup assistant and it has not asked for the old files, will I have duplicates? I have set up no balances yet and posted no transactions. In microsoft.public.money, TedH wrote: >I have a new computer with Money on it. My old computer >has files from and earlier version ...

Deleted default .pst file accidentally
Someone pls help! I was trying to configure my local mail client to Outlook and was having issues. So I thought that if I deleted the associated .pst file, I could resolve the problem and start afresh. Now whenever I open Outlook, it says default file not found and then automatically shuts down. How do I solve this problem? You never do anything to a PST file until you have disconnected it from your profile. You now have a corrupt Outlook profile. Create a new one. If you need instructions, they have been posted here countless times. -- Russ Valentine "Satish" <...

Import #3
I'm trying to import e-mails from Thunderbird but I keep getting an error that "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again." There si nothing else using it. I've rebooted, I've coppied the fiels to another directory, I've renamed the files but I can't get my Outlook 2003 e-mails back in Outlook. Thanks. "Brian E" <beshlemanREMOVE@aains.com> wrote in message news:234ee01c45ebf$1f31d320$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import e-mails from Thunderbird but I keep >...

Converting a file
I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that publisher cannot open files from different version. Is there anything i can do? thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Walt <wmn1978@hotmail.com>... > I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version > of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that > publisher cannot open files from different version. Is > there anything i can do? The only thing you can do to help you open the file is ...

Saving As .CSV
Hello, here's the situation: I downloaded an .xls file from my broker and opened it in Excel. The original file was delimited by commas and I had to choose comma delimited in order for Excel to display it in columns/rows correctly. I made some changes to the file, then saved it with a new name. The problem is, I can find no way to save it as a comma delimited file again. Saving it as a Workbook places quotes around the commas and creates spacing between text (when I view it in Wordpad), and saving it as a Text File (Tab delimited) does just that--makes it TAB delimited, not comma...

Import of PST Files into Exchange 2003
Hi All, I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a users mailbox. We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I needed to know if I would have a problem importing files of this size. Thanks for any insights. Kev wrote: > Hi All, > > I am setting up an Exchange 2003 environment and was wondering if > there was a limit to the PST file size that can be imported into a > users mailbox. > > We have a coupe of users who have PST files of about 1 1/2 GB and I > n...

Automatic import
Hi, Do you know a command line to import data from files ? I just want to do an automatic import from a dbf file every day without any intervention from a user. Is it possible ? Thx I don't think there's a command line for it. You'd either have to write code that uses the API to do what you want or use a button-pressing script to do what you want. "news.microsoft.com" <personne@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:Ou5VnOATGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Do you know a command line to import data from files ? > I just want to do an aut...

Exporting/importing accounts
Hi Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same accounts if I can avoid that. Thanks Regards No, Outlook does not have that ability since the IMO modes of Outlook = 98/2000. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, John asked: | Hi |=20 | Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into | another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same | accounts if I can avoid t...

Parsing CSV
Hi, im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? Take a look at CStdiofile and CString::Format() (for output) and CString::Tokenize() (for parsing input). You can use ReadString() and WriteString() to access the file line by line. Tom "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eXA9vp95FHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write > records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? >...