Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences

I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal
reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough
licences when I try to access a report.  The reporting service works
for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services
make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work
again.

There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.:
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough
licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough
licenses : Unable to connect to cluster @IIS01.CCSIT.CO.UK to retrieve
updated APS member list. Logon can not continue.

Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have
enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have
enough licenses : Unable to connect to cluster @IIS01.CCSIT.CO.UK to
retrieve updated APS member list. Logon can not continue.

Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the
platform.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I tried the reported fixes I can find but nothing worked, INTERACTIVE
and Authenticated Users have the correct access rights.

Finally I resolved the problem by tracking through the connection that
the Crystal_CrystalAPS service uses.  It uses a DSN to connect to the
database (Specified in the service properties).  testing the
connection was failing - it turned out in my case that the service was
using the local service account and that the local service account on
my server didn't have any access rights on the database.

I have fixed this by granting (Temporarily) the IIS01$ service account
SysAdmins rights on the SQL server.

I am posting this purely in case other people have the same problem
and want another straw to clutch at!

If you have other fixes which work for you post them in response to
help out other people - so far I have found lots of problem reports
but few fixes.

Thanks
0
david
12/17/2004 9:40:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

451 Could Not Complete Sender Verify Callout #2
We are running exchange 5.5 and a few users are having trouble sending mail whereby it just sits in the queue. The message given is "451 Could Not Complete Sender Verify Callout" email coming in seems OK but for sending most users have this problem. I can send mail without a problem which I find strange I beleive it is a problem with our ISP not our exchange server? Can anyone confirm this or seen this before? Thanks ...

Crystal Reports 9 hang up
Good afternoon! While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely after clicking "finish". I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. Any ideas? ...

Verify an xml file is valid
Hi; What's the fastest way to verify that an xml file is well-formed (and valid if it has a dtd)? I don't want to pull any data out, I just want to make sure it is a good file. (When the user selects an xml file to save and use in the future, we want to do a fast sanity check on it.) -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com David Thielen wrote: > Hi; > > What's the fastest way to verify that an xml file is well-formed (and valid > if it has a dtd)? I don't want to pull any data out, I just want to make sure > it is a go...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences
I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough licences when I try to access a report. The reporting service works for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work again. There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unabl...

Crystal Reports based on SQL
Hello, I have to create several complicated reports and I've wrote an SQL query. Please advise how can I "plant" it into existing report or if I'm creating a new one how I can connect to the Crystal DB? Regards. Hi, to connect to your Crystal database, start crystal report on your client computer. Open the enterprise folder and connect to your server. Enter the server name where your CRM is installed (by default the crystal database is on the CRM server). If you have installed a Crystal APS server you have to enter this one. Regards Dieter "innab" <anony...

Crystal Reports question
I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports. I seem to be running into many problems. Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to accomplish or any advice would be appreciated. hi King, The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0 all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help. "knightsbridge" wrote: > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoic...

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Running Crystal Reports
I am trying to run crystal reports through the Store Operations Manager, but I am getting the error "Run-Time Error '429'" "ActiveX component can't create object" I tried re-registering the Dzactx.dll and Duzactx.dll, but that didn't work. I had installed CR 6.0 to work on some older reports, but it broke everything. I have uninstalled CR 6 and re- installed CR 8.5 as well as re-installing RMS. Can anyone help? Thanks Justin ...

How to verify if Service Pack installed in Exchange Server
I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? Thanks in Advance.. -- Regards Sanjay Kumar On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46:31 -0800, Sanjay Kumar <SanjayKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry >server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? > >Thanks in Advance.. Look in ESM, go down to "Servers" and look in the right pane. You will see all the servers there, together with what t...

How do I replace licence on machine with a new one?
Hi We have a customer whos company split. They have taken some machines and have bought new licences for these. How do I replace the licence on a machine with RMS already installed? I want to keep the original installation. -- Jenny ...

Crystal Error
I am receiving the following error when accessing the reports; Crystal Report Logon Error - Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Here is a copy of the event log; MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to...

crystal installation
Hi, 2 questions: 1 - I'm installing Crystal Enhancement for MSCRM 1.2 and getting this message: "setup has detected that you have Crystal Reports 9.2.0 installed. You must first upgrade to Crystal Reports 9.2.2 to continue with this setup". In Crystal, my version is 9.2.3.970 (I checked in Help|About). Do I need to fix something in the registry? 2 - I'm installing the Crystal Enhancement on the same server as our MSCRM server (it's an SBS2003 configuration). Am I committing a sin? Thanks, Gene, Installing the CRM Enahancements on the CRM server is not suppor...

crystal reports crosstab report
I have a set of data that I would like presented in a crosstab, but I don't want to use summarized fields. I have created a data set for a 12 month period that contains 1 dollar amount per group(project_) per month. I don't need to sum anything. I just want the crosstab to give me nice columns for each month, and list the amount per month and to do this for each group. I guess I must be brain dead, because this seems like a pretty simple thing to do, but I just can't figure it out. thx ...

how to filter 'check boxes' in crystal/.def reports
I have a client that needs to filter out the inactive inventroy items from a Crystal report. I can add the right field to the .def file so that the Active/inactive becomes an option to filter on, but what's the right 'answer' to the field. inactive = 1 inactive = yes etc.?? Is it even possible to filter on these types of table columns using the Crystal reports format? Here is my inactive field added as a criteria option along with a working store id option: FIELD = STORE ID (internal), {itemdynamic.storeID}, 0, 0, -1, 0 FIELD = Active/inactive, ...

Crystal?
I've read something about CRYSTAL REPORTS for RMS ... is there such a beast? If so, who is using it and where can I find out more about it? Scott There is no "Crystal for RMS" that would be integrated with or aware of the RMS database. RMS ships with 3 or 4 Crystal Reports. You can access them from SO Manager, Utilities/Crystal Reports These reports were built in Crystal 8.5, and that is the only version that is 'supported' for reports that will be launched from SO Manager. I think Crystal is up to version 12 now... If you don't care how you launch the rep...

ADC hangs on verify button
When configuring the ADC everything goes well. But, the second test on the verify tool (Active Directory Object Replication Scan validation) says there are still object waiting to be replicated. I looked on the logs and I see no objects left to be replicated. I also received this error earlier today, but it has not come up again: LDAP Modify on directory hod.icicorp.interpore.com for entry 'CN=Public Folders: icicorp.interpore.com - XXX\\XXXXXXXX,CN=Active Directory Connections,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=XXX,DC=XXXXXXXXX,DC=com' was unsuccessful...

Crystal Help
Hi, I have modified a standard report to pick up some additional data. The other data is stored in another SQL database. The report runs fine in crystal , however, when run in CRM I get the message: "Information is needed before this report can be processed". My connection to the other database is using integrated security - and its on the same server as the CRM. Any pointers? Ideals? Thanks Mike I believe that the CRM Crystal Adapter only allows you to report on the objects exposed through the adapter. IE, you can create a new report or modify an existing report and...

"Enter Parameter Value" not wide enough
When I try to open a particular report I'm getting the "Enter Parameter Value" box. However, the box is not wide enough for me to see exactly what parameter it's asking for. I tried to drag the box to a bigger size, but I can't seem to. Is there any way to enlarge this box so I can see exactly what I'm being prompted to enter (and find where my mistake lies)? Thank you. If you didn't plan on using a parameter, that means that Access can't find some value in your query. What does the part of the box you can read say? -- HTH Scott<> Microsoft...

Problem installing Crystal Enhancements for CRM
We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.3 locally and when we try to install the enhancements appears a message indicating that version 9.2 is required. Any clue about this issue? Thanks. Mauricio Tamayo Ortega MTamayo@InterGrupo. com The enhancements require v9.2.2 of Crystal and won't work with any other version. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:16:37 -0500, "Mauricio Tamayo Ortega" <mtamayo@intergrupo.com> wrote: We have installed Crystal Reports 9.2.3 locally and when we try to inst...

Report Crystal Report on CRM 1.2 Problem
Hi, I create a Crystal report. in this reports, i use "field of cumulated total" Sorry, i am french and in french it's "Champs de total cumul´┐Ż" I use result of this field to do statistic. the problem, When the fields is null, result of my stat are null too. Can you help me. thanks depending on the source of your data, you can use the ISNULL(fieldname,0,fieldname) T-SQL function to replace null values with zero values instead. This will allow your statistics to compute properly. Dave "Chdup" <chdup@monmail.com> wrote in message news:43df...

Not enough memory to print to pdf
When I tried to print a 12 page newsletter in pdf I got a message that there wasn't enough memory in Publisher to print more than 9 pages. I have printed longer newsletters in the past. How do I increase the memory in Publisher? I am using Publisher 2003. This article, while it addresses version 6 of Acrobat, will help. How to configure Acrobat Distiller to work with Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826360/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The chemist" <The chemist@discussions.mic...

Crystal Reports, CRM 1.2, and Parameters
Greetings all, From what I understand, CRM 1.2 permits parameterized reports. Do I need Crystal 9.x for this type of reporting? I am still able to run and build reports (outside of CRM) with the 8.5 Designer with no problems. I have not tried saving them to CRM's Enterprise folder. Also, can we use the Crystal Report Viewer component that ships with Visual Studio to build applications that access the CRM database? (This was not possible in the previous version.) Thanks, Justin <parametrized reports>... I love this question... but I never had an answer... Now I wait...

Crystal Reports
Is anyone familiar with using the full version of Crystal reports with Store Operations? Was looking for more reporting capability than the runtime version included offers and was wondering how difficult or easy it was to create various reports? With Crystal Reports, you can create a report for just about anything. However, there is a learning curve that needs to be overcome before you can become reasonably proficient in using it. The reports offered by Store Operations Manager are o.k. for very basic reporting. But there is only so much one can do with it. >-----Original Messa...

Trying to Create a Security Report in Crystal.
I am trying to create a security report using Crystal. The GP reports take to long with our 70+ companies and 200+ users. We use Advance Security and I have extracted and imported into SQL a file that contains the series names, resource names, dictionary names and type names. Now when I try to link this table to the sy02000 table I get results for reports and tables but not forms. Then I ran the following search on the sy02000 table: select * from dynamics..sy02000 where dictid = 0 and restype = 1 order by resid. The only resid's that showed up were 57... 3241 rows with the o...