Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences

I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal
reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough
licences when I try to access a report.  The reporting service works
for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services
make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work
again.

There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.:
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough
licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough
licenses : Unable to connect to cluster @IIS01.CCSIT.CO.UK to retrieve
updated APS member list. Logon can not continue.

Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have
enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have
enough licenses : Unable to connect to cluster @IIS01.CCSIT.CO.UK to
retrieve updated APS member list. Logon can not continue.

Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the
platform.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I tried the reported fixes I can find but nothing worked, INTERACTIVE
and Authenticated Users have the correct access rights.

Finally I resolved the problem by tracking through the connection that
the Crystal_CrystalAPS service uses.  It uses a DSN to connect to the
database (Specified in the service properties).  testing the
connection was failing - it turned out in my case that the service was
using the local service account and that the local service account on
my server didn't have any access rights on the database.

I have fixed this by granting (Temporarily) the IIS01$ service account
SysAdmins rights on the SQL server.

I am posting this purely in case other people have the same problem
and want another straw to clutch at!

If you have other fixes which work for you post them in response to
help out other people - so far I have found lots of problem reports
but few fixes.

Thanks
0
david
12/17/2004 9:40:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

timecard crystal report
how can i change the week to monday through sunday? i've spent many hours in the timecard crytal report and it keeps coming up sunday - saturday you can't. "cheeseplus" <cheeseplus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A758A72A-2BBD-4DEC-ACD0-9070C3203A41@microsoft.com... > how can i change the week to monday through sunday? > > i've spent many hours in the timecard crytal report and it keeps coming up > sunday - saturday > Cheeseplus, You need to edit several fields: Change WeekEndDate to: {@DateIn} + 8 - DayOfWeek ({@DateIn}) ...

Not enough room to enter billing and shipping address on sales inv
There currently is not enough room to enter the full billing and shipping addresses required to ship outside of North America. We end up having to create it Word, print it on a label and stick it over the paper copy. When we email all invoices this definitely causes a problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Creation in Crystal Report
1. What is the field name and from which table is the "Amount Remaining" of Apple Sales Document Window? 2. I have combined POP10100, POP10110 and POP10500 to create pending purchase orders. The only difficulty I have is making the QTYSHIPPED field of POP10500 display its data completely. Currently, it is not fully showing but if I check the SQL table POP10500, the field contains data. I believe it is the links between POP10500 and POP10110 (exisitng links are: PONUMBR, ITMNMBR and VENDORID only) Hi Dukester, Maybe you could help me out on how I will be able to remove the...

Crystal Reports 10 Licensing
At Convergence, I spoke to the people at the Crystal booth and the impression was that the pricing structure had changed substantially and now the bulk of the expense is with the licenses to view the reports as opposed to the licenses to write the reports. Do you have any pricing details for the latest version of Crystal? I've developed a vb.net application that uses Crystal's API calls to deliver reports on a citrix server and that eliminates to have user licenses. >-----Original Message----- >At Convergence, I spoke to the people at the Crystal >booth and the i...

Change licenced name in office
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) A friend gave me his computer and I can�t change the "licenced name" of the office (sorry for my bad english).. How can i do to change it? Thanks... In article <59b77864.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Mikesierra@officeformac.com> wrote: > A friend gave me his computer and I can�t change the "licenced name" of the > office (sorry for my bad english).. How can i do to change it? Thanks... See <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey>. To re-personalize, you will need the CD Ke...

Crystal Reports / VC++ 6.0
Does anyone have a sample of calling the Report engine from a MFC program? Hi, There is a sample included with Crystal for calling a report from an MFC program. Look in the folder where Crystal is installed in the samples folder. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ I have several programs that use the objects in the CR RDC, especially the Report object. I prefer using #import <CRAXDTR9.DLL> and instantiating the objects that are declared in the TLH generated. If you run into problems after following the examples tha Frank pointed you to, post to...

Crystal Reports 06-10-05
Hi, We have a client that have created a crystal report for. On 3 different test servers this report works correctly. But when put into the live environment it runs, the date input becomes available and once the dates are entered and continue is pressed, A Query engine error is displayed. We exported the XML from the live environment, put onto our test servers and run the report, it all works correctly. Any ideas why this would only happen at the client site? Any help greatly appreciated. Regards, Nathan ...

Using Crystal Reports with subreports in DRM
I have a typical Crystal Report with a subreport I'm trying to use with Dynamics Report Manager. Installation is fine, however after hitting the Print button, the Enter Values window appears asking for Parameters for the subreport. This type of behavior doesn't occur with reports without a sub report. When I run the report in CR 11, this window doesn't appear so I'm assuming the link(s) between the sub and main report is configured fine. Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager 10.0.5 Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 10.00.1061 Crystal Reports 11 Any ideas? thanks Ji...

Crystal Reports #7
I am new to the whole crystal reports function... up until now i have just been using the STND reports in RMS. Does anyone have several Crystal Reports they are willing to share? EMAIL: Kyle@alpinex.com ...

Crystal Reports Enhanced Edition for Microsoft CRM
We have to have Crystal Reports version 8.5 installed. Do we have to buy Crystal Reports? Through great plains you can buy a special version of crystal reports that only works with the crm database "Adrian Shaw" <adrian.shaw@vigence.com> wrote in message news:VU$bxW8eDHA.4084@sbs01.vigence.com... We have to have Crystal Reports version 8.5 installed. Do we have to buy Crystal Reports? Adrian, MSCRM will install Crystal v8.5 on the server during the install. If you are satisified with the built-in reports, then you do not need to buy Crystal. If you want to make modifica...

Does anybody knows some reporting tool other than Crystal Reports
Hey Friends I am in need of a Reporting Tool.Do i have any other option other than Crystal Reports ,CR have increased their prices and hence currently out of budget.I just want some data to be displayed reading from a ODBC database and a few Graphs. Plz Help Vikrant, As the number of suggestions can't exactly be described as overwhelming, let me try what I suppose you don't want to hear: why not give it a shot yourself? http://www.codeproject.com/printing/ and http://www.codeguru.com/printing/index.shtml contains lots of code to get you started, and even though graphs might be inti...

Strange characters in text fields of Crystal Reports 10
I have loaded Crystal 10 on clients machines and upgraded all reports from Crystal v8.5 to v10. Now it seems that on certain machines, all text fields display as strange characters. Other fields (ie database, formulas,etc) are fine. On right clicking on the text field and formatting text, the text appears in English but as soon as you tab out of this field it reverts back to the "Chinese" looking language. I have looked at all set up options on the 3 machines that have this problem but cannot find anything strange. These same reports look fine when opened on other machines...

MS-Access 2007 Error: There is not enough memory to perform this operation..
(..couldn't locate an appropriate place for this post) A rather large database (200mb* and 12,000 objects) has been running fine as a 2003 mdb. Now, converting it to an accdb (importing all objects) routinely produces this error when compacting/repairing. It does not appear to be memory related, but perhaps some type of corruption or even something else. * links to SQL Server db for tables ...

licencing
A friend bought a computer that was on display. However when he got it home the administrator was in the name of the retailer and he was not provided with a password. Although he did try and return it he was unsuccessful, as they insisted he should pay for its removel. He became ill and wasnt able to peruse the issue with them for a year or so. The retailer are not supplying him with a recovery disc. He tried the manufacturer but they were unsuccessful. He doenst have a serial number (compaq) as he believes some idiot instore removed it while on display. Any suggestions Rick. ...

Crystal Reports #4
I am looking for a completed Crystal Report for the AR and AP aging. Just looking to save some time. If anyone feels like sharing I would be very thankful. I am running Crystal version 10, but all reports will be upgradable. -- Vernon Loveless What version of Great Plains are you on? Was there some specific change to the agings you are looking for? I wrote some ar aging reports in Crystal for a client of mine a number of years ago. I don't mind sharing them if they would help. "Vernon Loveless" wrote: > I am looking for a completed Crystal Report for the AR and AP...

"Not enough memory" to run report in ACCESS? How to fix?
I have a database with lots of reports. When I attempted to add some fields to a previous report I got the message that there wasn't enough memory to perform the operation. Is there a limit to the number of reports I can build in a single database? -- lulu ...

Password management and Crystal Reports problem.
We've run into a problem with passwords in GP 7.0. We're trying to use Crystal Reports to do custom reporting, and the user should be able to use their GP login/password in Crystal. However apparently GP will encrypt or otherwise obfuscate the users password if the user is setup through GP. This then prevents the user from using their GP login/password as their actual password is different than what they set it to. If I manually set their password using Enterprise Manager then they can use the same login/password for both GP and Crystal, but they are no longer able to change their pas...

Crystal Reports & Great Plains
How hard is it to do a pass-through report from Great Plains into Crystal reports. Specifically with Sales Order Processing Invoices? Not sure what you mean by pass through report (probably my stupidity!) but you can write a SOP invoice in Crystal. We've done it for a few clients for different reasons like utility billing, etc. It's not too difficult. Accountable makes a product called Forms Printer that lets you default a Crystal Report instead of a Great Plains report. I believe it comes with a Crystal invoice. "Denise Viener" <Denise@groupfive.net> wrote in m...

Account specific Crystal Report (from navbar)
Dear all, I was wondering if the following is possible I want to create a report which requires an identifier to display only 1 record. I need it for the following situation: a user opens an account to view some basic information. After that the user clicks on "overview" in the navbar and a report is opened for that specific record I'm not able to check this because currently I don't have access to a crystal report developer edition. So if anybody can confirm if this is possible and the direction of the solution I would be very gratefull Regards Rob Bakkers Accenture Yes...

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

Error when printing custom Crystal Report
When printing a custom crystal report from within CRM one of two things occurs: If I am the one printing, I am prompted to log on to the APS. If someone else tries to print it, the following error message is displayed: "Information is needed before this report can be processed. [On Cache/Page Server: ASERV.pageserver]" The report displays fine and all users are able to navigate to different pages with no problems. ASERV is the name of the server on which CRM is installed. The report was created with Crystal 9.2.2 and saved directly to the CRM server. The report is not save...

Crystal Reports Export to PDF not working
Our store manager are generating their weekly timesheets using the Timecard Report included in the list of Crystal Reports in RMS Store Ops Manager. The report works fine, and we can print it, but the manager would also like to save it to a PDF file. They click on the Export button, select the Acrobat Format, Disk File, then click OK. The Export Options dialog appears, with All pages selected, and they click OK. Nothing happens. The "Choose Export File" dialog does not appear. If they select a different file format (such as CSV or text), the File dialog appears, and they can s...

Printing crystal reports invoices?
I am looking at a GP install that a user tried to upgrade to version 9 themselves (from 8). apparently in 8 they had an option to print invoices in crystal.. when they printed the invoice they had an option in the print menu dropdown to print to crystal. apparently it was configured somehow using the named printers setup. Is anyone familiar with this? The user has absolutely no idea whether or not they had any third party apps installed and from what I believe is their v8 dynamics.set file I don't see any additional modules that would do this. ideas? thanks Are they using the Forms Pri...

quite confused about Crystal report version
Hi, there We have a CRM 1.2 running in our company. We want to do some custumiztion on the reports using Crystal Report. I just surf the Crystal Report website, they got v9 and v10 sold online. And also got Advanced, Developer, Professional Edition w/ user license or w/o user licene. Can anybody tell me what Version and what Edition shall I need to meet my requirement? Shall I buy the user license for every CRM user? As I know we already got CR run-time license when purchasing the CRM system. Thank you There are a couple of options available to you Microsoft CRM v1.2 ships with a speci...

Crystal Logon Error 05-05-05
Hi, I installed 1.2 on 2003 Server, SQL2000 and everything is running fine except for Crystal reports. I get a logon error asking me to check the licenses for crystal reports. I checked the crystal services and they are all running ok and the servers are enabled. Any ideas? I thought it came with the CRM package - I'm using MS Action pack with 5 users. Thanks, Paul Use this FAQ to solve your problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81886DE8-A10A-473F-8125-49291E0F03D9&displaylang=en Most likely either the order of service start-up, or some policies/AD ...