CRMCustomization.Transform query?

Hello,

This is a  snippet of code I am using in my app. Essentially, what I am
trying to do is get the XML string required for the Create method of the
CRMSalesOrderDetail object ( In this case, I just need to duplicate a
salesorderdetail record given a salesorderdetailid)
CRMCustomization cCustObj = new CRMCustomization();

cCustObj.Credentials = credCache;

cCustObj.Url = string.Concat(text3, "CRMCustomization.srf");

cObj = new CObjectName();

cObj.Id = "{C75F6177-7F80-44BA-BE39-3FF5854A981D}";

cObj.Type = Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ObjectType.otSalesOrderDetail     ;

string strsodXML = cCustObj.Transform(cAuth,cObj,1089, 1);

//Code to duplicate the record....

But  the problem I  am  facing is that Transform method does not seem to
work when the source and the destination obects are of the same type (in my
case, it is salesorderdetail)

The error I get is "The mapping between specified entities does not exist"
So, how  do I get a XML string for create/update/read  etc  given a
particular  object ID and type? Is there a work around for the problem

Thanks,

Manoj

0
Manoj
5/13/2004 10:45:46 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

query to pull DL's which a user manages
Hello, Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's for a user. I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. THanks-- Vinod Kumar Vinod <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's >for a user. >I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. Why not just use ADUC? Pick "Find", then the "Exchange" tab and select "Groups" and then the "Advanced" tab and search for "...

Repeating Data Queries
Hi All I am new to .Net and am battling with a very simple query. I am pulling an image path from a SQL database using SqlDataSource. I use the control once at the top of my page. I then repeat this query 3 times in my code using asp repeater with the DataSourceID pointing to the same SqlDataSource. It all works perfectly except for one thing. I am trying to pull the image paths in random order so every time the page reloads you see a different image that when you click on it enlarges. My code displays perfectly but does not match the enlarged picture as every time I use the repea...

EXCEL IQY Queries
I have created the Excel iqy queries from the third party reporting tools and during the process there is an option either to pass the User Login id and Pass word as a parameter or not. We have developed some queries using generic id so that the users do not have to pass the Login id and password and now we want to change that. Is there a way to modify that excelquery.iqy file without redoing that. can i see the sql script of that "iqy" file. can i modify that? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!! ...

How can I query a set of dates but exclude non-working days?
Hi there, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. My Access knowledge is at best, rather limited, and I am stuck now and cannot proceed further without help! I am building a database of records for work received on certain dates, and completed by certain dates. I need to be able to to query which work loads where received on a given date, and whether or not it has a completed date within a specified limit (say, 3 days). I intend to have a query that displays records that do fall within the target, and a query that displays records that do not. The trick is tha...

Copying Query Results into a Table
Hi, I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as the Query? Thanks Ange Kappas wrote: > I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing >Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain >criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as >the Query? Try changing the query to an Append query (using the Query menu...

Access 2000 query slow in Access 2003 -is there a way to speed it
I converted a set of Access 2000 queries to Access 2003. A macro set the whole process off- A query creates a table of part numbers, then runs a series of make-table queries using the first table. Then one query combines the data from the created tables, which I then export to Excel. This whole process took 20 min. in Access 2000, but now takes 6 hours in Access 2003. The slow down seems to happen everytime I link to a created table. For if I remake one query to not use a table, but look up the data, it takes seconds instead of minutes. I have made sure that any tables created are saved...

to make find form works on form based on the grid query
Hello, I need your help in order to finish developping my church membership database. my problem is as follows: My form is based on grid query, how can I make find form work using parameter query like the one on the addressbooks sample of access data base. This is my VBA it works but some fields become distorted to have value like " name etc. DoCmd.OpenForm "formbukuang" With Forms!formbukuang If Len(Me!cboSelect & "") > 0 Then ' Construct SQL for Bukuangkby's Recordsource Select Case optChoose ...

selecting between 2 fields in a query
I have a table that has a list of Equipment (tblEquip) I need to search from either on of 2 fields. But only one of the values may be "known"- I may know the value of Equip or the value of RecvNum How can I query these 2 fields, I have tried: I would like to get away from using the * in the input box WHERE (((tblEquip.E_EQUIP) Like [Vehicle or * For None]) AND ((tblEquip.RECV_NO) Like [Receiving or * For None])) If that gives the required records you could also use WHERE tblEquip.E_EQUIP Like Nz([Vehicle],"*" AND tblEquip.RECV_NO Like Nz([Receiving],"*") O...

parameter query
I have one parameter query source on one of my listbox that requires to enter the beginning and ending date... Everytime i switched the form to its design view and go back to form view the parameter query in that list is running requiring me to enter the beginning and ending dates before i could enter to form view.. How can i resolve this problem..? Pls help me.. tnx... -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com IMHO the solution is to never use parameter prompt queries. Always use values from controls on forms. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hugz via AccessMonst...

Query regarding usage of excel itself as a grid?
Hi, we wanted to migrate formulaone grid with suitable grid as formualon is withdrawing its support. we would like to know whether excel itsel or MS Spreadsheet control can be replaced with formulaone ? does any on of the above options hold good for the replacement, do they support al the features that formulaone had given? Kindly give the pros and cons of usage of the alternative options suggested above. If not, do let us know about a viable third part tool. Thanks , Meenakshi -- jmin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jminu's Profile: http://ww...

a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #3
We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool: http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about in a query tool, and then some. For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009, and so far we've m...

Error in query referring to Combo Box
I am very new to using VBA to build forms and am having a problem. I trying to embed a query within a public sub routine. The goal of this query is to use an alphanumeric code entered into a combo box on the form to retrieve an associated ID within a table. The bound column of the combo box is text. I have used the following code: Public Sub GetSturID(intSturID As Integer) Dim rsSturID As ADODB.Recordset Set rsSturID = New ADODB.Recordset rsSturID.Open "SELECT tblSturg.SturgID FROM tblSturg WHERE (tblSturg.PIT = '" & cmbPIT.Value & "')" _ &...

formula query #2
Hi all, Got a quick question for ya's. I am currently trying to hash out a formula along these lines: =IF(F2="new","=vlookup(A2,p,2,0)",0) I have tried adding the 'indirect' function but it still brings me no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Rikki Hi Rikki How about: =IF(F2="new",vlookup(A2,p,2,0),0) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Chiccada" <Chiccada@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:AF885A19-DB2A-41A2-B7A9-826EB7F341C1@m...

apply parameter query to multiple rows
I have created a parameter query that takes a single cell as a parameter and fills in the adjoining cell with data from an external ODBC connection. What I need is to be able to fill down the query so that it performs the same functionality for all of the cells below the original source cell. I have tried many variations but have had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Query Help 01-23-08
I have a query that pulls 3 fields from a table, field1 is a date/time stamp, field 2 is a part number, and field 3 is the order number. Let say I have part# Y12345 and there is a quantity of 5 on the order. This part number will show 5 times in the table beauce each quantity of 1 will have a different time stamp. I want the partnumber to show 1 time in my query, not 5 times, and I still need the time stamp. Is there a way to limit the query to pull just the 1st part number? Distinct would work if there wasn't a time stamp, nut I need the time in this query. Thanks, On Tue,...

Query based on two sets of depth intervals
I have two tables (this all has to do with drilling). The first table consists of a drill hole label, from depth, to depth, and geology (i.e. what rock is present at that interval). My second table has a drill hole label, sample number, from depth, to depth, and nickel content. I want to be able to query out what geology is present (from table 1) for each sample (table 2) interval. The geology intervals do not necessarily match the sample intervals. I'm unsure how to code this. Is there anyone out there who could give me some pointers? Anything I've tried so far has given...

sql room booking query
hai, I am Doing room booking .for eg if a user enter the Need from date as 2/10/2010 and Need to 7/10/2010.booked if another user go for booking so i have to check three conditions.for availability. 1)if another user enter 23/09/2010 to 2/10/2010 is nt possible 2)Also datetime shouldnt be between 2/10/2010 and 7/10/2010 3)also from 7/10/2010 to any other date greater than 7/20/2010 nt possible. pls give hw can i write the querry???? vidya (u64122@uwe) writes: > I am Doing room booking .for eg if a user enter the Need from date as > 2/10/2010 > and Need to 7...

Parameter Query Question 02-15-08
I have created a series of Parameter Queries in a db (Access 2003), using the square brackets [ ] to fill - in a Criteria. How can I specify the maximum number of characters allowed in the fill-in box, for example we have state as two characters, MD, PA, Ca in the tables and wish to limit the characters in the fill-in box to match the field size. Thanks Paul PA, You can't. Your only option for that (and a much better way to go) is to create a form. Put a textbox on the form. Set the appropriat properties on the form to limit the number of characters. I would also put a butto...

Routing query
Hi, I posted a message yesterday stating that my mail server had been added to certain online SPAM databases and I was unable to send email to certain domains. I have requested my removal from these databases as told to do, and hopefully everything should be fine soon. If this was to ever happen again I wondered if I would be able to change something in the way that Exchange 2000 routes the email to get a way round the problem until I am removed again. We have 3 Exchange servers EX1, EX2 and EX3. It was only EX1 that was added to the list. Is it possible for me to route email from EX1 out o...

Criteria for Query Question
How do I write criteria for the following? I have to identify ids (combination of text and numbers) that have 8 characters. However the 8th character can change if the id is dependent on main id. For instance, FRC5TTZA, FRC5TTZB, same 7 characters but different last character. There are instances where the 7 character will change for instance ABCDEF10 and ABCDEF20. ABCDEF20 is dependent on ABCDEF10. Can someone please help me how to pull all main ids and their dependents? Thank you in advance of any help you can provide. On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:24:01 -0800, TotallyConfused <T...

Comments in a query
Is there a way to write comments in a query? "Daryl" <devaccount@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:usr4cDHNIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to write comments in a query? I don't think there is any way of doing this in Access SQL. You can in other flavours of SQL. Ed Metcalfe. Daryl wrote: > Is there a way to write comments in a query? Not natively, as you can with other products, but there are some options Check out Stephen Lebans method here http://www.lebans.com/addsqlcomments.htm You could also use the description property of the quer...

Optimize Query SQL 2005
I have this query (generated by a .NET LINQ to SQL piece): SELECT COUNT(*) AS RecordCount, t0.vermsg AS Key FROM dbo.messagestable AS t0 INNER JOIN dbo.worktable AS t1 ON t1.worktableId = t0.worktableId WHERE t1.RemoteId = 44 GROUP BY t0.vermsg The execution plan shows 60% of the time eaten up in a clustered index scan on the primary key of messagestable, 37% on the inner join. I would like to rewrite this to get rid of the time taken in the clustered index scan. I think reducing the result with a CTE might be the move, but am not sure. Any pointers appreciated, thanks! ...

item barcodes and sql query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C89274.4D47EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Customer forgot to set the right barcodes for the items they left it blank. Customer would like to print labels but since they did not specify the right barcode types in the item properties I guess it will not work. So is there a sql query that can do that? For example I would like to it to use upca for all items, since almost all of their products are upca's. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C...

book query
I would like a recommendation for a good book on Excel. I would place myself as an intermediate who has just started to learn some formulae. I use Excel XP, 97 and also Excel X on my mac I would like it to be not too heavy going so as not to put me off learning Any help would be appreciated Bobby For information and examples on Excel's functions, you can download Peter Noneley's Function Dictionary: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ or Norman Harker's information on functions: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html and John Walkenbach's book on formul...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...