CRMbar in Outlook disappears

Hello,

On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM
Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in
Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked,
and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair
from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this
problem? Because more and more people are having this problem.

Regards, Dirk

0
dirkfraanje
10/16/2006 12:38:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook 2000 hanging, taking forever to send

Templates in Outlook 2000??
Hi everyone, For reason that I won't go into, my company still uses Outlook 2000 (and the rest of Office 2000). We have to send very similar e-mails (apart from different recipient and date) to many different people all the time. There would be about eight or ten standard emails involved. Up to now we have been just cutting and pasting from old e-mails into the new ones and making the adjustments as need. Can we in Outlook 2000 set up templates for this and when we need to send, say, "Response 3" to a customer, can we just select that template. Better still can we put ei...

outlook HTTPS connection and outlook MSCRM client
Hello, We have installed on our laptop a MSCRM outlook client. Now many people take this laptop home and check there email from home using there internetconnection. We have configured the outlook client so, that the people can connect to the exchange server through https, for not using vpn. Now when we start up outlook, he gives an error that the crm server could not be contacted (which is ofcourse normal). But afterwards when we close outlook and start it up again, he says that outlook is not closed properly and starts to rebuild the messages. Is there a solution for or? Thanx in adv...

Outlook Hangs #6
Hi I have a clients laptop with Outlook 2000 installed. Windows XP Pro OS. For no apparent reason Outlook has started playing up. It takes an ag to load and when it does altho it appears ok it cannot be used, the minute one tries to say, "reply" to an email (an mail~) or compose new mail, whatever option is chosen the system just hangs with an hourglass display. The only way out is to end the task completely. A system restore seems to work very briefly but then the problem reappears within one or two uses of Outlook. I do not want to have to wipe the whole laptop but in t...

switch from outlook express to outlook
Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have now). How do they compare and how would I switct to Outlook if I decide to? Thanks. Do you need a calendar or task tracker? "Terry Cuyler" <tcuyler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:034701c36aa1$3ff90870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have > now). How do they compare and how would I switct to > Outlook if I decide to? ...

how to set up email address for outlook 2003
Hello. I have just put Microsoft Office 2003 onto my computer but i cant get my email working. The email all opens, i can go in and write an email but when i go to send it says the server cannot be found and also i did not enter an email address or anything like that so how do i get an email address for outlook 2003? Any help or advice on how i should set this up would be really appreciated. Thanks x debbie In OL Tools>Accounts add an email account using the info supplied by your ISP. Then in the same account window test the account. NB your ISP may give info for setting up Outlook ...

outlook sync problem
Hi i'm triying to sync my outlook calendar and mobile telephone, sometimes it works sometimes i get a time out. At the beginning of the sync process outlook displays a windows informing me "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in outlook" it also says something else about allowing the connection for a set length of time. Unfortunately the window is only on the screen for a split second. Where can i change the time? thanks The software is XTNDConnect bundled with a Sony Ericson bluetooth mobile. I have been all over the software and can&...

Outlook 2000 error #10
I am getting the following error "OUTLOOK.exe has generated eorros and will shut down. You need to restart OUTLOOK". This happens within about 2 minutes of starting outlook unless I start typing right away and keep typing. ...

customize outlook #2
I can not open customize outlook. Itried the suggestion in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820575. It did not help. Any suggestions. Nothing happens when you click on Customize Outlook Today,=20 even after changing the DWORD value as suggested in the=20 article. >-----Original Message----- >What errors are you getting? What is not working? Be=20 specific. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer >Jeb Bankert <jebesq@bankertpc....

Tasks for Outlook
Looking for add-in program that allows use of predefined list of scheduled activities/tasks for Outlook. Two years ago I found a program called either calendarpro or procalendar that was originally developed for law offices to keep track of court/filing dates and activities There's a link to a program called CalendarPro at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm, but the site doesn't look too promising as far as actually having that file anymore. However, there are some other solutions listed on that Slipstick page that might interest you. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outloo...

Running CRM Outlook client on a terminal server
I have installed the Outlook CRM client on the TS in install mode as administrator. The problem is that only the administrator has the addins. I can't get other users to also access the CRM addins to Outlook. Given that all our users are on terminals, this is essential for us to use CRM properly. Regards Mark Dutton Hi Mark, You have to install the Outlook for CRM client personally for that user to get hands on the CRM client. Correct me if I'm wrong here - somebody. Monika >-----Original Message----- >I have installed the Outlook CRM client on the TS in >install...

Outlook with multiple users
New Outlook user. Trying to set up with multiple users and having each users emails private and secure. Cannot find how to set this up. Need step by step set up of this if it can be done. Please indicate the version of outlook you are using. Will these users be logging into the computer using their own credentials or Do they all share one user account? "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8401c49cf5$595eeb90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > New Outlook user. Trying to set up with multiple users > and having each users emails private and s...

Why does Outlook 2007 not retain my email password?
I have just installed a trial version of Office 2007 Small Business, I have entered in all the settings for my email, but for some reason it won't retain my password, even after I've ticked "Save Password". Then as the scheduled "Send & Receive" takes place, I continuously keep being prompted to enter my "Network Password", if I don't enter this in, I don't received my emails. I have been entering in my email password, & repeatedly ticking "Save Password", but it just doesn't what to remember it. I have tried ...

Finding Outlook Address Book to restore?
I did a full backup of a laptop and then reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Win98 and my Office 2000 software. I am not sure where to look on the backup files in order to pull the address book and email folders back in. Can anyone give me a guick pointer on where to look? Thanks Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread....

Outlook #99
I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only. Thank You, Sybil Jenkins jenk3@swbell.net I have this same stupid problem somebody help! Please ----- Sybil Jenkins wrote: ---- I have gotten Outlook Express on my computer somehow and I want it off. I can send no messages and open no attachments. When I open an email it cuts the internet off. I want Outlook Only Thank You Sybil Jenkin jenk...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

opening outlook with mailto from javascript (in html mode)
I like the abilith to use href=mailto:xxx@xxx.com?body=This is in the body The problem is that I can not get the default e-mail tool (Outlook) to open up in html format. It seems to only support plain text. If I do not add the body part of the href, then it opens in the default format which for me is html. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jim As I understand it, this is a limitation of the way Windows passes the mailto: command to the default email program. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

SP 2 Causing Outlook Problems
Since installing Service Pack 2, Outlook will not open unless I reboot the computer for each use. I tried to reinstall Outlook which did not help, any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Setup GAL in Outlook
I am using POP3 connector on our exchange server to allow connection from Outlook to Exchange server. I want to access the GAL from the server, however when I setup the LDAP directory server I get the error Can't connect to LDAP Directory Server (81). Could some please give me instructions on how to setup the my address list in Outlook correctly. Thanks If connecting to an Exchange 2000 or 2003 environment, then your LDAP connection should point to a global catalog server. Please note that you will have to provide a userid/password since Active Directory does not allow anonymou...

Outlook and viruses #2
Hi folks, Obviously viruses need to be run, however I have heard of virus infected emails that need to be opened to infect a pc....not the attachment, the email. If this is true then does the mail window which allows one to see an email without opening it pose a risk? I do not open junk email, but it may open in this window. Thanks, Danny Yes, HTML messages can be a risk in older versions of Outlook. One of the first ones that I remember is the KAK worm. This bugger arrived as an innocent HTML message that exploited an Active-X component on the machine to place a file in a pre-d...

installing outlook 2007 after uninstalling outlook 2010 beta
I had to uninstall Office 2010 beta because it was not playing well with our corporate exchange server. However when I instaled office 2007 professional again outlook keeps recognizing the pprevious 2010 install and fails to initiate. Help!! I have to be back in the office tomorrow powering through -- Aldo M. Martinez You should create a new Outlook Profile, assuming the beta successfuly uninstalled "Aldo M Martinez" <AldoMMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0852B9-10D5-492C-AC58-4FBA0FF8D467@microsoft.com... >I had to uninstal...

Outlook XP no Flags for Hotmail Email
I read my Hotmail/MSN email within Outlook XP. Noticed that you can not Flag an email like you can with email that is downloaded from a POP account. Is there no way to flag email in Outlook if it comes from webbased Hotmail or MSN? ...

Duplicate Appointments in CRM 4 Outlook Client
We have the following scenario 1. CRM User 1 creates an appointment in Outlook and adds CRM User 2 as a required recipient. CRM User 1 then marks it as tracked in CRM and sends the meeting request via Outlook. 2. CRM User 2 receives and accepts the meeting request so that the appointment appears in their calendar. 3. CRM User 2 synchronises with CRM and finds that the appointment created in Step 1 appears as a duplicate to the appointment they accepted in Step 2. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Many thanks, Scott Hi Scott, I'm afrid this is probably standard, expected be...

Outlook 2000 & Outlook Express
Hi. I have a high speed cable connection with up to 7 email addresses. My address is the primary one, and I have my email running into Outlook 2000. My daughter has an email address (secondary address) and I want to put hers into Outlook Express. I set it up in both programs. Mine in Outlook, hers in Express. I sent her an email from Outlook but she's not getting it. Anything you could tell me that would help? Thanks in advance! Only one mail account can be the default in one profile. You do not mention the Operating System that you are using but try setting up OS specific pr...

How to use outlook connector without outlook
Hello Can i use outlook connector without outlook? I want to use it from c++ code, is it possible? In documentation for this connector there is a list with two files which maybe i can use: MSOC32.dll A Message Application Program Interface (MAPI) connector that allows Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino to communicate with a Lotus Domino server. MSOCrc.dll The resource file for Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino. You might try asking in a programming group "down the hall." --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...