CRM4: IIS 7.0 on Win2k8 - JavaScript XMLHTTP problem

Hi all,

I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript
file:
===================================
function LoadFile(url, cache)
{
    var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP');
    httpRequest.open('GET', url, false);
    if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1
Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT');
    httpRequest.send(null);
    return httpRequest.responseText;
}
LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false)
===================================
I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the server machine.
This works fine on Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0, but on Windows 2008 and IIS 7.0
I am getting the following error:
===================================
HTTP Error 400.0 - Bad Request

Module StaticFileModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070057
===================================

Some specific settings should be changed on IIS 7.0 for this to work?

Thank you in advanced,
Jevgenij

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi all,

I managed to discover, that the header If-Modified-Since was causing this
problem.
I played some time with it, and it turned out, the date should have starting
zero in it (01, not 1)
===================================
if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 01 Jan
2000 00:00:00 GMT');
===================================

Hope this helps someone in future.

Jevgenij

"Jevgenij Martynenko" <jevgenij_martynenko.no.spam@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:A378615D-5ED3-49AA-81F7-20CA8C9A57AC@microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript
> file:
> ===================================
> function LoadFile(url, cache)
> {
>    var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP');
>    httpRequest.open('GET', url, false);
>    if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1
> Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT');
>    httpRequest.send(null);
>    return httpRequest.responseText;
> }
> LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false)
> ===================================
> I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the server machine.
> This works fine on Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0, but on Windows 2008 and IIS
> 7.0 I am getting the following error:
> ===================================
> HTTP Error 400.0 - Bad Request
>
> Module StaticFileModule
> Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
> Handler StaticFile
> Error Code 0x80070057
> ===================================
>
> Some specific settings should be changed on IIS 7.0 for this to work?
>
> Thank you in advanced,
> Jevgenij

NDR #7
One of my user's I try to send external email is not working. I try to send an external email and i receive an NDR: Report-MTA: dns,Destination Exchange Server name:Received from MTA: dns;Relaying server action failed. Any ideas? -- Lucinda Gonzalez ...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

Scatter Chart #7
I have a template used to track the scores of grades of students. This is the raw data (starting in Column A) Student Form. A MP1 DIFF A 65 49 -16.00 B 75 85 10.00 C 85 91 6.00 D 55 81 26.00 E 85 90 5.00 F 95 90 -5.00 G 70 78 8.00 H 95 68 -27.00 I 95 92 -3.00 J 80 76 -4.00 K 65 91 26.00 L 65 89 24.00 M 70 87 17.00 N 80 80 0.00 O 90 96 6.00 P 70 81 11.00 Q 95 88 -7.00 R 65 68 3.00 S 70 84 14.00 T 65 79 14.00 U 85 89 4.00 V 95 93 -2.00 w 70 86 16.00 x 65 73 8.00 y 100 92 -8.00 z 75 93 18.00 aa 85 89 4.00 bb 95 60 -35.00 I would like to add a demographic to this, such as race; I thought I...

Conditional Formatting Question #7
I want the formattin of a series of cells to be dependent on the data in another cell. For instance, if A1 is a result of "something" then A1:A7 will all turn red. How do I get that done?? -- livifivil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ livifivil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36917 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566288 Say $A$1 = "Something" then select A1 to A7 and enter this formula in Conditional formatting =$A$1="something" VBA N...

probleme pour envoyer certain mail
Bonjour, Je rencontre un probleme sur certain mail qui restent dans la boite d'envois d'outlook XP. Ce probleme se produits la plus part du temps lorsque le mail comporte des pieces jointes. Comment puis je faire pour remedier a mon probleme ? Merci de votre aide ; Francois. Bonjour fchiausa -- essai microsoft.public.fr.outlook. Bonne chance! -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ebde804e.0404190723.2740456e@posting.google.com, fchiausa wrote...

4.0 Duplicate Detection
In 4.0 Professional I want the window that appears to alert of possible duplicates to include an address or other fields in addition to the standard name, email, company... however, I'm not sure where to change this. I appreciate the tips. Regards, JD The duplicate detection grid shows columns of the lookup view besides some other columns. So, to view additional columns, you can modify the lookup view of the concerned entity. To add additional fields to the lookup view, goto Settings->Customization. Open the entity (say Contact) to which you want to add fields-> Open Forms...

fill down problem #2
the spreadsheet on which i am currently working doesn't seem to fill down properly for any formulae, when i drag the handle down. instead it just copies the data from the original cell, rather than calculating new values for each cell below. any thoughts welcome. thanks cal $$$ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "cal" <albert.kidd@dens.park> wrote in message news:cdu1g.20282$LH2.18250@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... > the spreadsheet on which i am currently working doesn't seem to fill down > properly for any formulae, when i drag the ha...

Outlook client VERY SLOW
Having major issues with the Outlook Client ( CRM4) Situation Vista SP1 ( clean ) - Office 2007 SP1 - CRM4 Outlook Client Since installing the Outlook Client the Mail section of Outlook has become so slow to be basically unworkable Remove Outlook Client and Outlook Mail goes back to normal We need a fix for this - urgently - i'm sure I'm not alone on this issue Pete We are having same problem. outlook for CRM 4.0 works fine on XP machine and having problem on Vista. login from web works fine. MSFT, please come up witha soltion! Tina On Apr 21, 3:31=A0pm, "Peter Hale&qu...

Problem #2
I receive a cannot display message, then an indication that my system resources are "critically low", but they are not, as I can review free memory, applications, etc. and everything is fine. Also, this is a new box with 1 gig of RAM. I think there is a problem with Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003. ...

Copy Dynamic Range problem
Hi I am copying a dynamic range of cells from 12 different worksheets under workbook A. I need to select an adjacent range that starts with "OP" ( always at column A ) on every sheet ( 12 ) and copy that adjacent range of data without the formula to another workbook B in each of 12 worksheets at the next 5 rows of last used cells of column E E.g. if there is "OP" in the mid of column A, select the current region starts from column B to O in sheet "ADP" ( out of 12 sheets ) under workbook A and copy (without the formula ) paste to sheet"ADP" ...

Window 7 live mail
How can I block/reject a particular e-mail address from arriving to me.. I have been getting email from someone which I do not wish to receive. The individual does not understand my desire. Thanks, Bert "bert" <bertpickover@optonline.net> wrote in message news:BB7F617A-3EBC-4F1E-866F-6BBF9E8767DC@microsoft.com... > How can I block/reject a particular e-mail address from arriving to me.. > I have been getting email from someone which I do not wish to receive. > The individual does not understand my desire. > Thanks, Bert One of the message opti...

VC 7 Question
Hi, I am new using VC7, I would like to know how to define link library, in VC6, from"project" -> "setting", but don't know in VC7, please help!! Thanks chan Right click on the project name, and select property. Ali R. "Terry chan" <cterry@cimold.com> wrote in message news:3ffc1b7d@usenet.ugs.com... > Hi, > I am new using VC7, I would like to know how to define link library, in VC6, > from"project" -> "setting", but don't know in VC7, please help!! > > Thanks > chan > > But how to specify the...

Is document imaging available in windows 7 version of office?
It seems that there is no way to access ocr in windows 7 version of office. Care to explain what "windows 7 version of office" is? Is this a new form of Office that no one in Redmond has yet heard of? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "vlhiker" <vlhiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26FC42B1-15D8-4503-A2D7-A3F16EEC9E88@microsoft.com... > It seems that there is no way to access ocr in windows 7 version of > office. ...

Problem setting font for dialog caption
Hello, I can't seem to find a solution for this problem. I know how to set the font and size for a dialog, and that works for all text on the dialog EXCEPT the frame. This would not be a problem except that this application must work in Japanese. The Japanese text displays correctly in the Microsoft Sans Serif font on the dialog itself. But in the dialog frame it shows up as "????" Does anyone know why setting the font does not affect the frame? Is there a window style or some other option that might make it work? Or do I need to set the font on some higher level, perhaps ...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

i have a problem with outlook
hi my problem is that when outllok is opened a sign appears saying that "outlook could not find a location to send and receive email. to add a location goto the control panel and click the mail icon." i have gone to this icon and tried to add a location but it doesnt seem to make any difference. if i press ok on this sign another appears saying that there was an error and states the previous problem. ive tried reinstalling office but still doesnt do anything. plz can someone tell me what to do. thx ...

Problems renewing 401 wrksht
HI I have a client who's 401 wksht do not renew automatically. I checked it and made sure it didn't has any problems running.. Thks in advance for any ideas.... Rgds Rodrigo Make sure the connection schedule is defined in the store properties in HQ Manager - Admin - Stores. Once a 401 worksheet completes successfully, it should reschedule the next connection according to the schedule. I have had problems with uploads crashing and have created a trigger to refresh. If that applies to your situation, you are welcome to use it. CREATE TRIGGER ResetFailedUpload ON dbo.W...

If Qty = 0...
In my report I have a Quantity, UnitPrice, and NetAmount. Is there a way I can have it formatted to something like this.. If Quantity = 0, the NetAmount = UnitPrice ? Also, I have a Descriptions field, is there a way I can have the Quantity, Unitprice, and Netamount BLANK if there is nothing entered in them? So it dosent look like this.. Qty. Desc. UP NA 0 Example 0 $0.00 i want it to look like this... Qty. Desc. UP NA Example thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com st...

Thanks for Info on Outlook 2002 Problem
You said: "you don't give us enough information to be able to give you any kind of meaningful answer." What OS are you using? MSXP Is your Internet connection working for other tasks (surfing the web). YES; INTERNET CONNECTION WORKING FINE Do you have dial-up or broadband? INTERNET VIA CABLE MODEM Do you run a home network or is this a stand-alone machine. HOME NETWORK; TWO MACHINES WITH ROUTER Were you ever able to send/receive mail? YES! AND I CAN STILL SEND/RECEIVE USING A WEB-BASED E-MAIL SVC. Have you changed your settings recently? DON'T THINK SO. Have yo...

NT Backup Restore problem
After a server crash I have had to restore the Exchange information store using NTbackup. However, even though the restore procedure appears succesful, none of the restored mailboxes contain any data! They all report to be 0 bytes in size. The same procedure has succesfully restored all of my public folders, is there something I'm missing, or more likely not doing properly? Thanks. what version of Exchange, and how, exactly, did you perform your restore? "Neil Arrowsmith" <NeilArrowsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:463F5D9A-D985-4318-B1FA-798F5A337...

problem sharing documents
My church has a small office, where they have 3 computers networked together. All the computers are running Windows XP and all have Office 2000 installed. They produce a lot of their documents, such as service sheets and newsletters in Publisher. They are having the following problem: One person will start a publication and save it on the shared drive. For whatever reason, they have to move to desks and on the second machine, try to open the same publication to continue working. However even though they have closed both the file and Publisher on the first machine, they get a messa...

GP 9.0 crashes when trying to set format of field in Report Writer
Hi all, I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP just crashed. What could the reason be? I am running GP 9.00.0259 on Windows Vista Enterprise. This is quite urgent as user needs to print checks. Thanks in advance On May 5, 3:38=A0am, Saras <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined > Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP jus= t > crashed. What could th...

RPC via HTTP problem
Hi all, I am trying to get some client machines here set up to run Outlook 2003 with RPC via HTTP so they can connect from outside our internal network. I have followed all the instructions and have downloaded the appropriate hotfixes for WinXP, etc. Everything is configured the way the documentation on my server says to configure it. However, it doesn't work. Looking at my intrusion firewall logs, the client never sends anything over port 80 but only over port 135. What am I doing wrong? The server end is Windows SBS2003 with the version of Exchange server that comes with ...

Change Stage in CRM4
In opportunities in V3.0, under the Actions drop down menu, there was an item called "Change Stage...". This is not present in v4.0. How can this functionality be accessed in V4.0? Thanks, Wayne. Dear Wayne Wittman, This can be addressed in CRM 4.0 by creating staged workflows. Hope this helps. Regards Ramasubramanian "Wayne Wittman" wrote: > In opportunities in V3.0, under the Actions drop down menu, there was an item > called "Change Stage...". This is not present in v4.0. How can this > functionality be accessed in V4.0? > > Th...

Installing CRM 3.0 on two servers
Dear All, In every installation of CRM 3.0 in an environment with two servers (one for CRM and one for SQL/Reporting services) I am running in various security issues which either have to do with CRM or with Reporting Services or a combination of the two. What are your suggestions on the security credentials under which the different services comprising the solution should run under ? Reporting Services is also something which causes issues. Any suggestions "from the field" on this matter ? Also, what needs to be done when the AD is based on Windows 2003 as compared to AD which i...