CRM3.0: Small Business Edition only with Small Business Server?

Hi folks,
if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small
Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well?

thanks in advance,
taxi
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is intended to run on the Microsoft
Windows Small Business Server 2003 r2 (latest release).

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"taxi007" wrote:

> Hi folks,
> if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small
> Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well?
>
> thanks in advance,
> taxi
Hi,
i m afraid you cannot use windows server, the only operating system you can
use is "Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition"

Please do click on Yes or No button if you find this post help or not.

You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
--
take care,
uMar Khan

"taxi007" wrote:

> Hi folks,
> if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small
> Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well?
>
> thanks in advance,
> taxi

Div / 0
Hello all How can I get this formula to not return Div/0. N32=N34-Sum((P39/E52)+(P41/C32)+(P43/16.9)+N30)+P45/16.9 It works ok so long as one of either P39, P41, P43, P45 has a value greater than 0. If all are "0" then it returns Div/0. if all are "0" the I need N32 to = N34-N30 I hope you can follow this so you can help. ??????? Thanks Chris Hi, =if(iserror(N32=N34-Sum((P39/E52)+(P41/C32)+(P43/16.9)+N30)+P45/16.9),N34-N30,N32=N34-Sum((P39/E52)+(P41/C32)+(P43/16.9)+N30)+P45/16.9) "Chris" wrote: > Hello all > How can I get this formul...

CRM Server 3.0 setup SHGETFolder Path failed failed
Hi, i have a big problem since 2 days. I am new in MS CRM. I want to setup on my PC. But i coulnt install it. Started the installer under the server logged in as a domain admin,or Administrators.. I got the error as below: "SHGETFolder Path failed failed. For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and settings\administrator.mainoffice\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log" Could you help me. What is that? and how can solve this error? Thank you Serkan ...

"ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select" for filtered cells?
Is there something that works on visible, filtered cells like "ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select" works on visible, unfiltered ones? What I mean is the have cursor movement happening to what is visible yet that works when the cells are not filtered? Here's hoping. I thought everything was working right and tight till I saw that these types of things aren't working on my filtered sheet? <g> Thanks. Range("A1:A10").Specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Star...

servers showing unreachable
Hi, When I open the status folder in ESM some of the servers are showing unreachable but I don't know why this would be. Even when I open ESM on one of the servers that says its unreachable it still says its unreachable. How can a server not reach itself? Obviously I am missing somthing but I don't know where to start looking. Can anyone help? Hi Paul, Are there any related errors in Event Viewer on the effected servers? Also are all relevant services started. Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft...

Advanced find, relationships, mailmerge CRM3.0
We're running CRM3.0. We are using relationships extensively which mean we can link accounts and contacts together in lots of different ways (necessary because we're not a bicycle manufacturer!) This works ok, with some annoyances, and I know the data is in there, and so is theoretically navigable. Practically though, it's a pain ... I want to send a mailmerge letter to an "Account" for each Contact linked to that account in a particular relationship (Acc1 ... Rel1 ... Blank ... Con1) - including the account details, and some standard and customised details from ...

Money 2002
Hello; Investment Name: GIC(in US$) Investment Type: CD About a year ago, I used "Remove Shares" activity, "Value" = 3,000 as a partial cashing of the CD. I didn't realize till much later that the transaction was posted in the "Investment Information for GIC (in US$)" (for whatever reason as) "Quantity" = 3,000, "Amount" = US$ 0.00 !!!!! (no Price). Obviously, that is very wrong, or at least not what I had intented! I would like to edit that transaction so that I end up with " - 3,000" under the "Amount" in th...

Won't take mail off server
I was using Outlook 2000 until today, but starting last week it stopped taking mail off the server, even though I had not changed the checked boxes to remove mail from the server. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail. So I decided to upgrade to Outlook 2002. Same probelm - but most of the time it will not even connect to my server (I get "Operation Timed out" errors. I cannot even figure out who to contact. Any ideas? You might want to contact yr mail server administrator/tech to see if there is a problem at their end, with yr account I might add that its not ...

translating microsoft office to iMac 9.0.4
Help! I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC. Any help on how to perform this translation would be appreciated. Thanks, lds Hi!! CAn you please let us know the OS on the PC. Are these computers networked? Naren "ellen2" <ellen2@gwi.net> wrote in message news:BD48D79E.5B1%ellen2@gwi.net... > Help! > > I have an iMac OS9.0.4 to which I would like to transfer a fair amount of > 'word' documents as well as photographs that I have from my PC. > Any ...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.0
When closing Outlook Express 6.0 I got a window stating "OE could free up disk space by compacting messages" I mistakenly clicked OK now the mails in my inbox have been deleted.Is there any way I can retrieve these mails ? On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 02:35:00 -0800, Millenium <Millenium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When closing Outlook Express 6.0 I got a window stating "OE could free up >disk space by compacting messages" I mistakenly clicked OK now the mails in >my inbox have been deleted.Is there any way I can retrieve these mails ? Please repost your ...

GP 9.0 Modified reports problem
I have what is hopefully a dumb problem. I have modified a bunch of reports using Report Writer (added a logo bitmap) .. But when I save the modified reports and go back into GP proper. I can not find the modified reports to give permission to use them (Tools->Setup->System->Security). Now for some reason I can find and assign access to the modified reports in the Sales Series, but not for the reports in the Purchasing Series. Initally when I modified the first report in the Sales Series I could not find it either, but after fumbling around for a bit I was able to get it in th...

Many to Many Joins in CRM 3.0
Dear Group I would not usually make such a post, but a lot of customers and collegues have asked me how can we create a many to many join without seeing a link table in CRM. I know from experiece that a number of customers have requested this level of functionality and it has always been a bit of a stumble in the dark I'm glad to let you all know that we have solved the problem in quite an elegant way, buy createing a new lookup control that is a generic look up based on a single join entity table. THis will work for any CRM entity create a parent Child relation 2 versions will ...

upgrade to 4.0 then cluster, or cluster 3.0 then upgrade
Hi, I am facing my next two-stage project: (stage 1) transform our single-server (all-in-one) CRM 3.0 deployment to two clusters with web farm (2 NLB nodes) and SQL failover cluster (2 servers active/passive); (stage 2) upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. What is the better (easier and smoother) way to do this? I mean the order of stages, should I do upgrade 3.0->4.0 first, then transformation to cluster, or vice versa? I am on the stage of preliminary estimation of hurdles, so any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. -- Best regards, alebas Hi, it depends :) If the NLB and SQL wi...

Leaving messages on server
Where do I select the option to leave messages on server so I can view them on another computer? In the advanced properties of your POP mail account settings. Without knowing your version of Outlook, hard to tell you more. Troy wrote: > Where do I select the option to leave messages on server > so I can view them on another computer? ...

Backing up OL2000/XP Exchange Server Items to local pst folder automatically
Hi Is it possible to backup (not archive) all items stored in an Exchange Server 2000 mailbox to a local .pst file automatically on a regular basis? I can do the backup manually using the import/export wizard but I would like to automate this. Please note that the Exchange Server is outsourced and I have no access to the server itself other than via Outlook! Any thoughts please? thanks Rob look at my free software at http://www.rbware.net/rbmergetopst/default.htm this should be what you need. Use Outlook 2000 because the is still a problem with outlook 2002 (see my Folder.CopyTo quest...

Strange business request, ideas wanted.
We have several field operations people who work out in BFE. They have been getting internet/email access through various satellite providers. These people are rarely at the same place for very long which requires them to be constantly changing ISPs. What we would like to do is at least bring their email in-house so it can be journaled in accourdance with corporate policy. The kicker here is that these people are technically challenged to say the least, and the business dept responsible for them wants them to be able to use email without the need for usernames and passwords. Obvio...

Editing field properties
Hi everyone, I need to change the properties of a lot of StyleRef fields, but am not sure how to go about it. Where a StyleRef refers to "Heading 1" I need it to refer to "Heading 2". The fields are mainly in headers and footers, but could be anywhere in a document. -- Stephenc The first step is to press Alt+F9 to display all the field codes in the document. The StyleRef field codes will probably look like { STYLEREF "Heading 1" \* MERGEFORMAT } although the keywords may be lower case or mixed case if some of the fields were created manu...

Logon Prompt with CRM 4.0, Vista and IE 8
All I have this issue where I am prompted for a logon every time I open an EMail within CRM 4.0. There are at least 2 other users in the office that have this as well as one of our clients. I have Vista SP2, IE8, CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 6 (had the issue with UR5). If I uninstall IE8 the problem goes away. If I reinstall IE8 the problem comes back. I have.. added the address to the Trusted sites enabled automatic logon Turned protection mode on/off Turned UAC on/off Changed the securtiy levels to minimum security Tried WinServer2003 IE8 -- no logon prompt Tried Win7 IE8 -- no logon pr...

WinCE6.0 Suspend problem
Hi All, When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following error is shown in hyper terminal: ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. How to solve this issue? By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the problem,but still it's showing the same problem. Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem? During suspend, the Kernel enters in to t...

Outlook Client error on CRM 4.0 (Event Viewer Source: MSCRMOfflineSync)
Hi, With the completion of CRM 4.0 implementation, we setup Outlook Clients to 15 users. 13 uses it normally but we encounter serious problems with the rest 2. They can not use their Outlook until we disable the CRM add-in. The Outlook continuously restarts itself. Please find couple of Event Viewer messages below. ------------------------- Message #1 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: date Time: time User: N/A Computer: <CRM server> An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Micro...

Rules Error in Exchanger server
I got an issue regarding a user creating a simple rule ..and only one rule (no others exist). Error: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to the Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules" Again, the outlook client only has this one rule...upon arriving, from "Mary Smith", with subject line "alert", Forward e-mail to "Dist List users" All objects in the rule are from the GAL. We have a the same rule running on other client...

RFID Features in GP 9.0?
Does anyone have any information about what RFID capabilities, if any, have been incorporated into 9.0? I have heard several people mention that they have heard that there are some RFID features, but I can't find any information to confirm this. Thanks, scott ...

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

CRM3 to CRM4
Hi all, can we help me? I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to redeploy and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one machine also) I know little abou it, my procedure will be. 1) backup database 2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008 server x64?) 3) CRM3 on SBS2008 4) redeploy 5) upgrade to 4.0 But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64 Thanks very much David David, We are interested to help you for this migration. Please touch base with me to learn more. MV nj.tech@hotmail.com ...

ActiveX and datarepeater control in VC++ 6.0
Hi I am trying following for my project. Please help, I need it badly. I am trying to use data repeater control in VC++6.0. Please send me all the complete sample taht you may have. I am trying to make an ActiveX control which is a database bound. This control will be repeated using datarepeater control. Issues: 1) The activeX control that I made in VC++ using MFC has a Grid and Microsoft ADODC control This ocx when used in VC++ application or in BV application does not show the grid. 2)The ocs is not shown in the list of controls shown in the datarepeater's repeatedcontrolname pro...

Calling a dll from VC++ 6.0
I was handed a dll (created from Ada) and the header file for it ----------adadll.h--------------------------------------------------------------- extern "C" { char * getProcList(char * pFilePath); ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In my VC++ code, I have the prototypes: extern "C" char * __export getProcList(char * pFilePath); and my code calls the function: TCHAR * blah = ConvertFileExt(pFileName); TCHAR * procList = getProcList(blah) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...