CRM3.0 Question on Activity

Hello,

I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case.

1. Create Campaign
2. Add contact to campaign list
3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call
4. Distribute activity
5. CRM User will make phone call
6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact.

I am having troble in step 6.
So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail".
A) Service Activity
If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service
activity with the campaign or phone call.

B) Appointment
If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding" to campaign. However, I can
not assign any service to it.

Do you have any idea for my case? I try to add new field "service" to
Activity, but I am not allow to create any "relation" to activity.

Best regards,
Kenl

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Projects in CRM3?
I just downloaded and ran the VPC-demo of CRM3. I cant see any projects or the ability to create projects with project description, managers, documents pertaining to the project, activities in the project, and so on. Anyone with any info and/or experience with this in CRM3? -- _________________ Rolf @ Questus ans You can accomplish this using the functionality MS CRM 3.0 provides for customized entities. We have created a "Project" entity using MS CRM tools and defined all the fields we require for our internal projects. The result is actually pretty impresive. So, even thou...

CRM 3.0 Problem report setup
Hello I am exerienceing problems with a CRM 3.0 setup : reports are not available config is 1) CRM server ( also a domain controller I know it is not good but no choice) win 2003 SRVR name HTC-DATA ( I know the - is not recommended but was already there) working fine . CRM web client and outlook client OK Installed by domain admin + no host header + no https + Network services running CRm services 2) SQL server + report (SQL SRVR 2000) HTC-sharepoint Also a sharepoint 2003 portal (again no other option) The application pool runing the root default web service is specific to sharepoint bu...

extremely slow performance with CRM 3.0
We have a CRM 3.0 installation on Win2003 SP2 (Dell Poweredge 1800, Xeon 3GHz, 2GB RAM, 3x73 SCSI on RAID 5). The DB server is on another server (SQL 2005). We have 7 registered CRM users and I think that we do not have more than 2 concurrent users. Everything seemed to work fine until lately, with no particular performance issues. In the last few days however, we detected an extremely slowdown and performance degradation. We do not know where to look for the cause. We have seen that the SQL server goes up to very high CPU-levels when even the simplest action is done by a CRM user. An...

restore IIS 6.0
I need to restore IIS and since I havent created any metadata backup manually in IIS , so I guess thats not my choice, but I have full backup of Windows, is there anyway I can restore IIS from that? Thanks. Rob, have you seen these http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302573&sd=tec http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/articles/art_iismetabak.mspx http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/40932/40932.html I know you said you have the backup, but I think this is nice to read as well http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;234429...

Pivot Table Question #17
I have a rather large pivot table, which displays (2) years of monthly sales data for 10 different salespeople. I would like to distribute among my staff, but without allowing the sales staff to view data pertaining to other salespersons, which is not relative to them. How would I accomplish this? All assistance appreciated! TIA, Sandi If you don't want salespeople to see other people's data, base their pivot table on only their sales data. You can use a filter to extract their data from the source, then base the pivot table on that. RUSH2CROCHET wrote: > I have a rather ...

Customizations in v3.0 during upgrade
When you upgrade v1.2 to v3.0, which customization prevail in 3.0? Will the customizations be the exactly like they were in 1.2? Example: Say in the account form for 1.2, I deleted all fields expect for five of them (any five for this example), when I upgrade to 3.0, will there still only be five fields on the account form? Thx again, James Modified forms will be upgraded. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FB2811-310C-456A-96F5-91B753CB4B66@microsoft.com... When you upgrade v1.2 to v3.0, which custom...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-09-07
Good Day Board, I'm beginning to feel the strain of installing this CRM program and I would like a little more assistance here. I have finally gotten my SQL 2005 server installed and updated. Now I'm trying to install the CRM 3.0 server software now and when it reaches the dialog screen labeled "Specify Reporting Services Server" I hit on a snag. The "Install new Reporting Services server" radio button is grayed out and I do not have a reporting server. When I try to move pass this screen I get "The specified Report Server URL syntax is not valid. Inva...

Best Practice questions
I just ran Best Practice Analyzer on a new exchange 2003 setup I have. It shows that I have 3 critical issues. Issue #1 being that I have too much RAM. I have 8 Gb (I know it only needs 4 but, will more be that harmful??) Issues #2, the system page file is too large (I let windows define this, the analyzer says it should be less the what it is). Is this a bad thing, I cant see why. And lastly issue #3, I have a Dell PowerEdge 6850 with HotSwap memory and it says I must disable this feature. I don't mind doing this, but I would like to know why the analyzer states this. What about ...

what book do you recomende for formulas & advance excel questions
l am in a job that uses Excel (formula) alot, what book/course do you recomend that may be helpful to me as I am @ Int. level in Excel. Thx. Kim Kim For Formulae I have John Walkenbach's Excel x Formulas (Where x is the version, although truthfully I never changed from 2000) and for other Excel issues maybe the Excel Bible series by the same author Hanging around here will help much too. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3645...

Easy Upgrade From 1.2 To 3.0?
I am working on an upgrade of 1.2 to 3.0 on an SBS2003 box, and it has not been fun. Major headaches, restores, reboots, and reinstalls. My question to the group: Has anyone had a clean and easy upgrade? I've seen lots of posts here about problems with the upgrade process, and I'm just wondering how prevalent these headaches are, and whether or not the upgrade has gone smoothly for anyone? I'd be interested to know what your environment looks like, especially if you have not had any problems with the upgrade process. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com Matt; we...

Combined IF Statement Question
I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" then add the corresponding B3:B9, if "Yes" then don't add. I have six differenting connecting sum areas that all need to be combined in one formula. How can I do this? -- JustLearning =SUMIF(A3:A9,"No",B3:B39) -- David Biddulph "Cindi" <Cindi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7FDD15D-C14C-4E27-85A9-2E7AC14E2AA2@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" > then...

Ease of upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0
Hello, We finally have to bite the bullet and upgrade from Dynamics 7.0 to GP 9.0 (via either 7.5 or 8.0). Question is, for a network administrator who is not a GP user, how much time should I expect this to take? And will I need to involve GP users? If it's going to take a whole day, I'd rather pay a consultant to do it. Thanks for your advice. Users generally aren't involved. How long it will take depends on how many company databases you have and what size they are and whether or not you have any 3rd party products installed. If you don't have an onsite GP adminis...

Iframe in opportunity form displaying related custom entity
Hi, I can't manage to find out what the correct url is for this. There's a 1-M between opportunity and custom. I've checked stunnware, but when i type the following code : - javascript:alert(document.frame[1].location) in the address bar of an opportunity form, all I get is this : - http://server/_static/blank.htm Can anyone help? Thanks! -- Nicolas Pagès i ran into the same issue and here is what worked for me. i removed the iframe from the form (published it) and then tried to get the url. this time it worked. i then added the iframe back to the form. se...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Quicken 99 File Convertor for Money 5.0
Does anyone know if there is a "Quicken 99 Basic" File Convertor for Money 5.0, and if so how do I get it??? Thanks, Gene Well, since v. 5 of Money was released in 1997 (fall '96 probably) and Quicken 99 was released, well, in 1999, it seems improbable that such a converter would ever have existed. Generally one doesn't want to covert a very obsolete version date file for one obsolete application to an even more obsolete data file format for an even more obsolete alternate application. But to each his own. Good luck with this requirement. "Gene Muth" <watache1...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

answering my own question...thanks anyway
Answer to my most recent question on xpath: //*[@name="whatever"] thanks anyway. Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

questions about ASCII characters
Hi, I use control derived from CEdit class. I have ASCII text buffer where are stored printable and non-printable characters, every byte is one character, no multibyte characters. I'd like to display this buffer in my derived CEdit control. First questions I have question about ASCII character charts in msdn doc: 1. There are some "pictures" in non-printable ASCII codes, does belong these "pictures" to ASCII standard ? Or on other system with different language settings will be these characters displayed differently ? If it is standard what is needed to set in my ...

encryption in CRM3
I have a client that wants to encrypt certain fields in CRM, so that employees cannot see them, IE, bank details, favourite pet, mothers maiden name. I have have not had this before and wondered if this was at all possible? And then have the ability to input a password or something long those lines to reverse this, should they need to see the details-OR persons\people with the relevant security can reverse this. does anyone know how this can be done? with V3 MSCRM. can anyone suggest anything. thanks and regards J -- Thanks again for all the help I would think that th...

What is the release date for 9.0?
Mid-December "jeremy" wrote: > > > ...

Pivot Table questions #3
Okay, I'm not that new to Pivot Tables, but normally when I create them, I just live with what I can't figure out. Now I'm wanting to really create some very specific ones. I need two pivot tables that I will be printing essentially as reports. My data looks like this. Store Item Size Qty Price Extension 1 ABC 32 2 9.00 18.00 1 ABC 34 2 9.00 18.00 1 AXX 32 1 10.00 10.00 2 ABC 32 1 9.00 9.00 Okay, what I want is Pivot table that looks like this: Item Size Price Extension 32 34 ABC 3 2 9.00 45.00 AXX 1 10.00 10.00 Total 55.00 So...

Outlook Contacts Question
Is there a way to creat a field in outlook that has the same type of setup like the annivesary field that puts a reminder in the calander. What i woudl like to do is in a particular contact i woudl like to ad a date field called Purchase date. Have an outlook calander appointment reminding me of that. Not without writing code to duplicate the functionality of the anniversary and birthday fields. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Rod...

Multiple email not working for CRM 4.0
I am trying to send direct email to multiple marketing contacts, but the emails are never sent. I am able to send individual emails if I email the contacts one by one, but when I select multiple contacts the emails are never sent. I have tried this with both the email router option as well as directly through the outlook email client. The help file references a bulk email server, but I am unable to find this service anywhere on the email router machine, or the CRM server. thank you for you help. ...

another dumb question from me
sorry in advance i finally am giving ie8 a go - had been using ie7 & opera as my car ins. site would not work on one & my credit union would not on the other - anyway, in ie8, i see auto complete - is this like opera's password function ? that is, some of the sites i use regularly, on opera, i just click the icon & bam, the username & pw were put in - i don't know how to do it in ie8 - went to help but it said how to turn it off, but it's on & i see nothing to click that will fill in the details for me any/all, much appreciated -- Dallas...

Outlook Web Access Questions
We're recently migrated to Exchange 2003 on Server 2003, and it seems that Outlook Web Access isn't properly setup out of the box. It looks like I will need to setup a redierect in IIS to point to the /exchange folder of the default web site. I never had to do this for Exchange 2000, so I'm just kind of wondering if there is some other fix I should be looking for. The KB doesn't seem to have anything for me. When the users browse to the default web site it comes up saying that the site is "Under Construction". here is exactly what it says: Under Construc...