CRM3.0: How the SQL Reports handled, as RDL or RDLC?

Hi folks,
my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for
Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC?

thank you in advance,
taxi
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Taxi,

According to the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK, you will use .rdl files to upload
reports. Please refer to the topic "Report Writers Guide" in the SDK.

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"taxi007" wrote:

> Hi folks,
> my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for
> Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC?
>
> thank you in advance,
> taxi

Projects in CRM3?
I just downloaded and ran the VPC-demo of CRM3. I cant see any projects or the ability to create projects with project description, managers, documents pertaining to the project, activities in the project, and so on. Anyone with any info and/or experience with this in CRM3? -- _________________ Rolf @ Questus ans You can accomplish this using the functionality MS CRM 3.0 provides for customized entities. We have created a "Project" entity using MS CRM tools and defined all the fields we require for our internal projects. The result is actually pretty impresive. So, even thou...

CRM 3.0 Problem report setup
Hello I am exerienceing problems with a CRM 3.0 setup : reports are not available config is 1) CRM server ( also a domain controller I know it is not good but no choice) win 2003 SRVR name HTC-DATA ( I know the - is not recommended but was already there) working fine . CRM web client and outlook client OK Installed by domain admin + no host header + no https + Network services running CRm services 2) SQL server + report (SQL SRVR 2000) HTC-sharepoint Also a sharepoint 2003 portal (again no other option) The application pool runing the root default web service is specific to sharepoint bu...

restore IIS 6.0
I need to restore IIS and since I havent created any metadata backup manually in IIS , so I guess thats not my choice, but I have full backup of Windows, is there anyway I can restore IIS from that? Thanks. Rob, have you seen these http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302573&sd=tec http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/articles/art_iismetabak.mspx http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/40932/40932.html I know you said you have the backup, but I think this is nice to read as well http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;234429...

Forensics
This is weird, I went to work on my project i haven't worked on for about 1 month, and the database mysteriously disappeared. I can restore it, but i may have lost some work. I can't find the MDF's neither. Are there any queries or forensics i can do to determine how this happened? Check out the default trace (a bunch of trc files in the same folder as your errorlog file). If you're lucky, the event is still there. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "mark.brito" ...

extremely slow performance with CRM 3.0
We have a CRM 3.0 installation on Win2003 SP2 (Dell Poweredge 1800, Xeon 3GHz, 2GB RAM, 3x73 SCSI on RAID 5). The DB server is on another server (SQL 2005). We have 7 registered CRM users and I think that we do not have more than 2 concurrent users. Everything seemed to work fine until lately, with no particular performance issues. In the last few days however, we detected an extremely slowdown and performance degradation. We do not know where to look for the cause. We have seen that the SQL server goes up to very high CPU-levels when even the simplest action is done by a CRM user. An...

Customizations in v3.0 during upgrade
When you upgrade v1.2 to v3.0, which customization prevail in 3.0? Will the customizations be the exactly like they were in 1.2? Example: Say in the account form for 1.2, I deleted all fields expect for five of them (any five for this example), when I upgrade to 3.0, will there still only be five fields on the account form? Thx again, James Modified forms will be upgraded. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FB2811-310C-456A-96F5-91B753CB4B66@microsoft.com... When you upgrade v1.2 to v3.0, which custom...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-09-07
Good Day Board, I'm beginning to feel the strain of installing this CRM program and I would like a little more assistance here. I have finally gotten my SQL 2005 server installed and updated. Now I'm trying to install the CRM 3.0 server software now and when it reaches the dialog screen labeled "Specify Reporting Services Server" I hit on a snag. The "Install new Reporting Services server" radio button is grayed out and I do not have a reporting server. When I try to move pass this screen I get "The specified Report Server URL syntax is not valid. Inva...

GP10
Hello, Would anyyone know if the eXtender SOP Reports option is still available for GP10 (maybe it has been incorporated into the Dynamics dictionary?) We are currently on GP8 and have one report that was created with the eXtender SOP reports dictionary. When I try to import this report to GP10 it says Product Missing. When I look on the eOne downloads page I do not see the option for GP10. http://www.eonesolutions.com.au/content.aspx?page=eXtender+Downloads Any thoughts? Thank you, Maria. You should contact eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.net) or ask your partner to contact ...

Easy Upgrade From 1.2 To 3.0?
I am working on an upgrade of 1.2 to 3.0 on an SBS2003 box, and it has not been fun. Major headaches, restores, reboots, and reinstalls. My question to the group: Has anyone had a clean and easy upgrade? I've seen lots of posts here about problems with the upgrade process, and I'm just wondering how prevalent these headaches are, and whether or not the upgrade has gone smoothly for anyone? I'd be interested to know what your environment looks like, especially if you have not had any problems with the upgrade process. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com Matt; we...

Ease of upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0
Hello, We finally have to bite the bullet and upgrade from Dynamics 7.0 to GP 9.0 (via either 7.5 or 8.0). Question is, for a network administrator who is not a GP user, how much time should I expect this to take? And will I need to involve GP users? If it's going to take a whole day, I'd rather pay a consultant to do it. Thanks for your advice. Users generally aren't involved. How long it will take depends on how many company databases you have and what size they are and whether or not you have any 3rd party products installed. If you don't have an onsite GP adminis...

All in one Windows 2003 Server as PDC with SQL and CRM
hello, can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows 2003 Server)? Is this supported? What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary Domain Controller for extra security? Andy in a testing environment this works but in production is not a good idea. The only supported single server deployment is sbs 2003 etc. why not supported? apart from SBS you should never start treating your domain controllers as application servers as if anything goes wrong you risk losing your entire AD....

Iframe in opportunity form displaying related custom entity
Hi, I can't manage to find out what the correct url is for this. There's a 1-M between opportunity and custom. I've checked stunnware, but when i type the following code : - javascript:alert(document.frame[1].location) in the address bar of an opportunity form, all I get is this : - http://server/_static/blank.htm Can anyone help? Thanks! -- Nicolas Pagès i ran into the same issue and here is what worked for me. i removed the iframe from the form (published it) and then tried to get the url. this time it worked. i then added the iframe back to the form. se...

Quicken 99 File Convertor for Money 5.0
Does anyone know if there is a "Quicken 99 Basic" File Convertor for Money 5.0, and if so how do I get it??? Thanks, Gene Well, since v. 5 of Money was released in 1997 (fall '96 probably) and Quicken 99 was released, well, in 1999, it seems improbable that such a converter would ever have existed. Generally one doesn't want to covert a very obsolete version date file for one obsolete application to an even more obsolete data file format for an even more obsolete alternate application. But to each his own. Good luck with this requirement. "Gene Muth" <watache1...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Handling focus change on child frame
Hello, We are developing a set of MFC applications that display the same data, but process/acquire it in different ways. They are built with doc/view and the data is displayed in several formviews. There is one resource file common to all applications with the dialog templates for all shared views, and the implementation classes are also shared. So far so good. Now there is one application that uses an extra view that needs to do some action when one of the dialog items from the other shared views gains keyboard focus. Is this possible at all? I was thinking in handling some focus ch...

encryption in CRM3
I have a client that wants to encrypt certain fields in CRM, so that employees cannot see them, IE, bank details, favourite pet, mothers maiden name. I have have not had this before and wondered if this was at all possible? And then have the ability to input a password or something long those lines to reverse this, should they need to see the details-OR persons\people with the relevant security can reverse this. does anyone know how this can be done? with V3 MSCRM. can anyone suggest anything. thanks and regards J -- Thanks again for all the help I would think that th...

Report Calculation
I have 2 unbound controls on my report called 1 called estpricetotal with a control source of =Sum([Quantity]*[UnitPrice]) and actualpricetotal with a control source of =Sum([Quantity]*[PricePerUnit]) I want to be able to then calculate a total of the est price total in a unbound text box in the report footer and a seperate total for the actual price total in an unbound text box. I have tried an unbound text box with the control source of =Sum([estpricetotal)] on the report footer but this only calculates the last entry on the report. Any help would be much appreciated. Kind Regards...

Sql 2008
Hi all, i'm installing a sql 2008 failover cluster. I haven't a microsoft domain controller in this network. I cannot to install sql 2008 failover cluster in a domain controller! So, I could join my server in a Novell domain and install sql failover service? Thanks and sorry for my bad english Christian Hi Christian, Nope - needs to be an Windows Active Directory (Domain). Tony. "C-Hristian" <chrimai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe24657-589c-4ece-a215-33eb305928ac@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > i'm installing a sql 20...

What is the release date for 9.0?
Mid-December "jeremy" wrote: > > > ...

resource report
I am trying to make a assignment report of To Do List inside of a resource pool, but (after I choose the resource)when I press select it says there is no data to be printed, even though I can see there is a lot of data! I think this is the best report I could do it to show my resources their tasks as I don't have a Project server! Any help?? Txs Silene Hi. In a Resource Pool, only the Resource Usage View shows assignment data. The task usage does not because the pool has no tasks. Try the Resource Usage View and see how you go. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP ...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

crm 3.0 and crm 4.0 client
Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. If by client you mean 'Outlook Client', then no. If you mean using the IE client, then sure. -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "lily" wrote: > Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 > client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. > ...

SQL Compact 3.5 missing in VS2008proSP1
Hi, I have just tried to install / uninstall / re-install / repair SQL Server compact edition into my VS 2008 Pro SP1 My SQL Server works fine, However the compact edition does not seem to show in the datasource options at all. As a result, when I go and add a 'local database' I get an error. I have searched the net and can't seem to find a soltuion ( still searching ). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers' Miro Solved: I had to go to the cd and go to WCU\SSCE and run SSCEVSTools-enu.msi Cheers' Miro "Miro" <miro@be...

Multiple email not working for CRM 4.0
I am trying to send direct email to multiple marketing contacts, but the emails are never sent. I am able to send individual emails if I email the contacts one by one, but when I select multiple contacts the emails are never sent. I have tried this with both the email router option as well as directly through the outlook email client. The help file references a bulk email server, but I am unable to find this service anywhere on the email router machine, or the CRM server. thank you for you help. ...

GP 9.0 crashes when trying to set format of field in Report Writer
Hi all, I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP just crashed. What could the reason be? I am running GP 9.00.0259 on Windows Vista Enterprise. This is quite urgent as user needs to print checks. Thanks in advance On May 5, 3:38=A0am, Saras <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined > Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP jus= t > crashed. What could th...