CRM3 to CRM4

Hi all,

can we help me?

I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to redeploy
and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one
machine also)

I know little abou it, my procedure will be.

1) backup database
2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008
server x64?)
3) CRM3 on SBS2008
4) redeploy
5) upgrade to 4.0

But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64

Thanks very much
David

0
David
8/24/2009 4:26:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

David,

We are interested to help you for this migration. Please touch base with me
to learn more.

MV
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"David" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can we help me?
>
> I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to redeploy
> and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one
> machine also)
>
> I know little abou it, my procedure will be.
>
> 1) backup database
> 2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008
> server x64?)
> 3) CRM3 on SBS2008
> 4) redeploy
> 5) upgrade to 4.0
>
> But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64
>
> Thanks very much
> David

0
manick (194)
8/25/2009 7:16:00 AM
Hi David;

CRM 3 isn't supported on pretty much all of your new target environment, so
redeploying CRM 3 to it will not be possible.

I think your best bet is this:

a) Upgrade your CRM to version 4 by doing an in-place upgrade on your old
hardware.
b) Install CRM 4 fresh on your new platform (when you do the installation,
just supply a  dummy organization name like 'deleteme' because you will end
up dropping this summy organization)
c) Backup your upgraded MSCRM database from your old machine and restore it
onto the new sql 2008 database.
d) Use CRM 4's organization import wizard to import your database.

HTH,
Dave Ireland

"David" <radsine> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> can we help me?
>
> I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to redeploy
> and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one
> machine also)
>
> I know little abou it, my procedure will be.
>
> 1) backup database
> 2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008
> server x64?)
> 3) CRM3 on SBS2008
> 4) redeploy
> 5) upgrade to 4.0
>
> But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64
>
> Thanks very much
> David

0
direland (470)
8/25/2009 12:23:05 PM
Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. I now redeploying CRM 3.0 to trial server
(W2K3,SQL05), upgrade to CRM4, and then redeploy to SBS2008. Can i restore
database to SQL2008x64SP1 directly? Source SQL server is SQL2005x32SP3.

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku
> Hi David;
>
> CRM 3 isn't supported on pretty much all of your new target environment,
> so redeploying CRM 3 to it will not be possible.
>
> I think your best bet is this:
>
> a) Upgrade your CRM to version 4 by doing an in-place upgrade on your old
> hardware.
> b) Install CRM 4 fresh on your new platform (when you do the installation,
> just supply a  dummy organization name like 'deleteme' because you will
> end up dropping this summy organization)
> c) Backup your upgraded MSCRM database from your old machine and restore
> it onto the new sql 2008 database.
> d) Use CRM 4's organization import wizard to import your database.
>
> HTH,
> Dave Ireland
>

> "David" <radsine> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> can we help me?
>>
>> I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to
>> redeploy and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is
>> SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one machine also)
>>
>> I know little abou it, my procedure will be.
>>
>> 1) backup database
>> 2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008
>> server x64?)
>> 3) CRM3 on SBS2008
>> 4) redeploy
>> 5) upgrade to 4.0
>>
>> But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64
>>
>> Thanks very much
>> David

0
David
8/25/2009 7:56:05 PM
Yes, SQL 2008 can restore backups from SQL 2005 if that's what you are
asking.

Dave

> Hi Dave,
>
> thanks for your reply. I now redeploying CRM 3.0 to trial server
> (W2K3,SQL05), upgrade to CRM4, and then redeploy to SBS2008. Can i restore
> database to SQL2008x64SP1 directly? Source SQL server is SQL2005x32SP3.
>
> "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku
>> Hi David;
>>
>> CRM 3 isn't supported on pretty much all of your new target environment,
>> so redeploying CRM 3 to it will not be possible.
>>
>> I think your best bet is this:
>>
>> a) Upgrade your CRM to version 4 by doing an in-place upgrade on your old
>> hardware.
>> b) Install CRM 4 fresh on your new platform (when you do the
>> installation, just supply a  dummy organization name like 'deleteme'
>> because you will end up dropping this summy organization)
>> c) Backup your upgraded MSCRM database from your old machine and restore
>> it onto the new sql 2008 database.
>> d) Use CRM 4's organization import wizard to import your database.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Dave Ireland
>>

>> "David" <radsine> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> can we help me?
>>>
>>> I have CRM 3.0 on SBS2003x32/SQL2005x32 (one machine) and need to
>>> redeploy and upgrade to 4.0 to another domain, where is
>>> SBS2008x64/SQL2008x64 (one machine also)
>>>
>>> I know little abou it, my procedure will be.
>>>
>>> 1) backup database
>>> 2) restore on SBS2008 (can I attach SQL2005 database from x32 to SQL2008
>>> server x64?)
>>> 3) CRM3 on SBS2008
>>> 4) redeploy
>>> 5) upgrade to 4.0
>>>
>>> But SBS2008 is x64, and I don't have CRM 3.0 x64
>>>
>>> Thanks very much
>>> David

0
direland (470)

Error applying 3.0 Update Rollup 1
When I run it on a client, I receive the error box titled: "Microsoft CRM Update Installation Error", and a dialog box that says, "Setup has encountered an unknown error. The installation of this update has been stopped. Contact Customer Support Services." Has anyone seen this error? Any suggestions? I should add that the corresponding patch has already been applied sucessfully to the CRM server. The CRM version on the clients is 3.0.5300.0 "JB" <jjmtb@qwest.net> wrote in message news:O9RxQDnYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I run ...

CRM4
Hi, I have got another "No Attribute" error here and could not understand what is happening to my system. I created 2 custom entities with name field only. Published. Created 2 records for each of the custom entities. Later added 1:N (Parent: Child) relationships between the 2 custom entities. Added Parent Name attribute on the child form. Published. Attempted to update existing child records form field "Parent Name" with existing parent record, got an error "No Attribute". I attempted using "Bulk Edit", from Parent record, add existing chi...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....

CRM4 Duplicate Detection Job Result Set Total Count
Just thing it will be great if there is a total count for the duplicate detection job result set, similar to the total member count feature for Marketing List. Yes that would be nice. I went to the last page and multiplied displayed per page by total pages to get an idea how many dups I had. I ran a dup detection job on active accounts. I reran the dup detection job after I deactivated hundreseds of dup records hoping to get a smaller list. I still got the same job but now with all my changes. I thought the active filter would filter deactivated records as non dups. "SW"...

CRM3 SDK Duplicate Detection
Has anyone had any luck getting the Duplicate Detection example in the SDK to work on version 3? Any tips or comments on getting this to work? I thought I completed the steps as directed. Thanks, Nick I could not find this example anywhere within SDK 3.0. Can you post a hyperlink? "Nick Maxwell" wrote: > Has anyone had any luck getting the Duplicate Detection example in the SDK > to work on version 3? > > Any tips or comments on getting this to work? I thought I completed the > steps as directed. > > Thanks, > > Nick > > > i...

Installation Error
Proceeding with CRM30_SBS2003R2 instruction, following the above document to the letter, installing with Administrator (Domain Admin credential), the following error showed up about 2/3 of the way: Installing SQL Server Reporting Services Microsoft CRM3.0 Server Setup Publishing CRM reports failed. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The Operation you are attempting requires a secure connection (HTTPS). ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.SecureConnectionRequiredException: The operation you are attempting re quires a secure connection (HTTPS). at Microsoft.R...

Schedule a Workflow in CRM4
Is it possible to schedule a workflow to run when you want it to. I have a workflow that I would like to run once per day everyday.........like at midnight everynight. How do I do that? Thanks. "Jayman" wrote: > Is it possible to schedule a workflow to run when you want it to. I have a > workflow that I would like to run once per day everyday.........like at > midnight everynight. How do I do that? Thanks. Sorry but I don't see your reply. "hassan chandoklow" wrote: > > > "Jayman" wrote: > > > Is it possible to sc...

CRM4 Team should have better deactivation options
This is just a suggestion to Microsoft. When deactivate a team, it should not be allowed for sharing selection as it will only confuse users. ...

Disable or hide "create multiple users" option in CRM4
Hi, Wondering if anyone can suggest anyway for me to hide or disable users from using the create "Multiple Users" option in CRM4. It is due to the fact that we have some business requried field on the form and when you create a user using "Multiple Users" option, these business required field are left unpopulated. I can create a workflow to ask someone to follow this up, but ideally these information should be populated when the user is created. Many thanks! ...

CRM4.0 router error Emails with subject constains "+" PLUS charac
Hallo we have CRM 4.0 rollup1 on W2008 + SQL 2008 on W2008 + Exchange 2007 on W2008 server I configured incoming email use Forward MaiBox and outgoing(SMTP) email use E-Mail Router. All work fine without error. On time i look in Forward MaiBox with owa and in Inbox show 20 email, in event viewer on exchange server many and many error messager form MSCRMEmail. I find out all 20 messages have in Subject "+" pus character. Next i deleted all 20 email and event. No new event come, while not come new email with PLUS in subject. On Outgoing email in event, show new error event,...

CRM3
Hi If I have a quote open (in the Outlook Client) and go to File | Print Quote for customer and choose the Quote word template the document just opens (without any mailmerge). Back in the CRM app there is an error displayed 'An Error has occurred. For more info contact your System Admin'. This occurs whether off or online - anyone any ideas, or similar problems? Thanks FV Hello, if you'd like to dramtically cut the time it takes to create CRM quotes, please check out our Quick Quote for MSCRM 1.2 and 3.0. It enables you to build multi-line item opportunities, quotes & ...

Setting-up CRM3.0-- How reduce costs?
Hi, If I want an approval for MS Dynamics CRM3.0 from my boss I will have to reduce initial costs as much as possible. First coming-up moths only 15 users wil actually use the product. We will have to customize it so during this period it will not be use to its full extend. So during this period I don't think we will need a state-of-the-art configuration. In other words; I need ways to reduce the initial investment. On way of doing this is setting everything up at minimum system-requierments and gradually extend the configuration. (please not we won't be using small business se...

Back-up script for CRM3
Does anyone have an example script of how to back-up the entire CRM 3 environment? Hi Your SQL DBA's should have nightly backup jobs for your MSCRM databases and you should export to file custom customizations you have made. Mailboxes should be covered by your nighly backup processes. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Andrea" wrote: > Does anyone have an example script of how to back-up the entire CRM 3 > environment? > > > > agreed, every time a change is made to production you should export the system xml and store it in a safe ...

Moving crm3 to new server
Windows 2003 SP1 CRM3 Sp1 SQL2005 SP1 New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files then started CRM3 install. Install would not recognize the existing DB's. Tried Backup and restore same error. ANy suggestions would be apprecoated. Robert One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk. Regards, Anuj Singh "Robert" wrote: > Windows 2003 SP1 > CRM3 Sp1 > SQL2005 SP1 > > New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files...

DCOM Errors After CRM3.0/Exchange Connector Install
Hi All, On each reboot after installing CRM3.0 & the Exchange Connector on a W2k3 server with Exch 2k3, the following error appears in the System event log: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Source: DCOM Event ID: 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E106-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. ---------------------------...

outlook 2003 security warning in CRM3
A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook after updated to microsoft CRM 3 ...

Changing default administrator account in CRM3.0
Hi, I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Bishwarup Create a new user profile and assign that user the "System Administrator" role. Then log in to CRM as that user and revoke the "System Administrator" role from your current administrator. Dave "Bishwarup" <Bishwarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C818F1-EDA4-4B7B-A254-A286CE3F9E1B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to know how to change the default administrator of the crm server > > Thanks in adv...

CRM4: IIS 7.0 on Win2k8
Hi all, I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript file: =================================== function LoadFile(url, cache) { var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP'); httpRequest.open('GET', url, false); if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT'); httpRequest.send(null); return httpRequest.responseText; } LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false) =================================== I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the ser...

Troubles connecting to CRM3.0 with Office Client
Hello all. I have some serious troubles connecting to our hosted CRM3.0 service by using the new updated CRM Client 3.0. First I install the client that I download from Microsoft/download, and then I try to install it. The first issues is that when being asked for the address to this CRM server you wanna connect to to install application tells me that it cannot connect to the CRM system. I can login to the system using the webinterface. Im using the new client for Windows Vista and Office 2007, and im using Vista + Office2007. Our CRM3.0 Server is behind a ISA firewall and is usi...

CRM4 Workflow
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? Thanks! Sindy Hi The "timeout" attribute works similar to the Wait for Timer in the Workflow Manager of CRM 3.0. You can set the workflow to execute after a predetermined amount of time. Regards Mark "Sindy" wrote: > Hi, > I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the "Timeout" attribute in > the Workflow entity mean? And maybe it's implication? > > Thanks! > > Sindy ...

Migrate Invoice History from GP8 to CRM3 using MS Connector
I have successfully deployed Microsoft's GP Connector for CRM. We implemented GP8 and CRM3 on 2006 April 1st, and we implemented the Connector on 2006 October 1. All data from Accounts, Products, etc. in GP have been migrated and linked to CRM successfully. However, when it comes to orders and invoices, the Data Syncronization Tool will only identify orders and invoices created/edited in Great Plains since November 1st as available to sync to CRM. What are the steps in need to perform to migrate and link all invoices and orders closed in GP before the Nov 1 date to CRM? I thought...

CRM3.0
Hi all, Is it possible to use ISV.CONFIG in order to customize "email" entity (for example : adding a button) ? Same question with "Relation" entity. Thanx Manu ...

SSL
Hi, I finally have a working SBS 2003 SP1 install of CRM3.0 using SSL. I can access reportserver and reportmanager directly, but trying to run the reports through the CRM interface results in 'unable to establish trust' type error (after I turned on error display) I am currently using a private cert (possibly mismatched server name) - I have to accept this condition on initially opening - and wondered if this might be the issue? I saw somewhere that I could say for RS not to check the cert detail - but where please? TIA Chris ...

CRM3.0: How the SQL Reports handled, as RDL or RDLC?
Hi folks, my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC? thank you in advance, taxi Hello Taxi, According to the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK, you will use .rdl files to upload reports. Please refer to the topic "Report Writers Guide" in the SDK. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > my question is in the subject, if i use the SQL Reporting Engine for > Reports, how CRM handle the Reports, in which Format, RDL or RDLC? > > thank you in adv...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...