CRM upgrade (1.2->3.0) error message - identifier that the sql ser

sHi all,

I am trying to upgrade my 1.2 install to 3.  I run the compatibitly test
which all went through fine.  the error appears during the system requiements
stage.  The error is against the MS SQL Server REporting Services, and the
error states that SRS cannot use the website (website name) because it has an
identifier that the SRS setup cannot handle.  Then tells me to change to 1.

Now, I have checked and the website identifier is 691827, i can change this
via metabse editor to 1, however other aspects of the install fail - so i am
presuming that CRM attaches to the instance ID, and this cannot be changed.
HELP !!!

Any suggestions as to what to do next, i have tried 'frigging it' by
creating another website with id 1, and setting up identical (keeping both),
but that doesnt work

Ideally i need to uninstall IIS, then reinstall, and then reinstall CRM to
get it to write itself into Instance 1 - but that is a huge trouble, and I
dont even know whether a CRM reinstall/repair will do that.

I have the option of using a different srs server ?  -do you think that is
the way forward ?

I really appreciate your suggestions as im not officially stuck :-)

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

links #2
Who knows a way to un-link those links in a sheet? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can convert them to values. If you have xl2002 (or higher???), you can edit|links|Break link. In earlier versions, you can copy|paste special values. And to help find those pesky links: Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm won...

Upgragding to 1.2 to 1.3
Receiving the media on Monday. Any issues that I should be aware of? Pralell dongle. Best, M Manny, Why not wait til 1.3R due within the next couple of weeks? Otherwise, backup your database and any customized reports and/or receipts. If you get a license violation after the install, just unplug and re-plug in your dongle. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open wi...

Upgrade from Standard to Professional
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from MS CRM 1.2 Standard to MS CRM 1.2 Professional ??? To my understanding it's just a license key that enables/disables functionality, or am i wrong ?? Thanks, -- Edward You are correct. All it takes it to install the new license keys and assign them to the appropriate users. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:38:20 +0200, Edward van Nijmweegen <e_van_nijmweegen@hotmail.com> wrote: Hello, Does anyone know if it'...

Pocket PC Money 2004 Foreign currency sync #2
Anyone have a clue how to do it? It's a pain living in japan and not being able to update the account I use most on my PPC. Especially since a lot of places in japan don't give receipts, or if they do, they are likley to be in japanese. I don't read japanese and trying to sort things out at the end of the day is a pain, it's be much easier to just enter ther debit when I incur it. --Serp The client only supports the home currency. A serious limitation. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Serpent77" <Serpent77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67...

WMI messages
I'm getting the alert message below from WMI on a pretty regular basis. I'm not sure what to do with the information. The Event viewer is not adding anything that indicates a problem. Any ideas? MAMAIL1 has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Error Drives - Warning Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK what parameters have you set for alerting on the server? "rockymtn" <sschaefer@monigle.com> wrote in message news:O25%23r3OpFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm getting the alert message below from WMI on a pretty regular basis. > I'...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Upgrade to Exchange 2000 SP1
Hello All I need to upgrade SP 1 on Exchange 2000, I know don't know to do it. Thanks for your attention. You should be looking into SP3 and the latest Roll-up. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp3/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7AAA113-1403-4262-8269-4B2AB9AE5476&displaylang=en If this is a single server download and install. I would make sure Badmail is empty. Other than that nothing special in a single server enviroment well other than making sure your AV is up to date. If your using ADC and other stuff I'd r...

OWA Issue #2
I have some internal and external client that can connect to the owa side but get errors on the page which stops them from accessing mail and vieng anything but the subject line. All the clients are running eplorer 6 with all the service packs. The look identical in every way Sounds like there may be some issues with either the Security or Privacy options in Internet Options. I'd check the configuration of a working workstation then compare it against a workstation that isn't working. Also what what particular error message are they getting on that page? >-----Original Messag...

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Outbox message cannot be sent
I have an address list of less than 30 people. Each time I use the list to send a mail message it will not leave the inbox. The message that comes up is as follows: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail ad...

CRM and MapPoint

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

Reset CRM

outlook express ME 5.0
Hi! My friend has a computer that we cannot delete any sent messages. Everything else seems to work. He has messages from 2007 that need to be deleted. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks, Leo ...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

HTML messages received as plain text
Whenever I send a message in HTML format and receive a copy of it at my own inbox, it gets converted to plain text. I can't seem to find the place where I specify the default receive format or some other way to stop Outlook 2002 from converting my HTML format messages to plain text. I can receive HTML messages from others, but when I send one to myself as part of group e-mail, it always gets converted. ...

Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)
I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size, color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for shading and borders. I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF, and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm confused trying to figure out what it is doing. Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7 to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into WordPad-XP with this formatt...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...