CRM Uninstall and move to new server

Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I
built a windows 2003 CRM machine.

As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently
we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing
information.

However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.

Please comment on the following steps.

1. Uninstall CRM from server
2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED)
3. Build new server with same name
4. Reinstall CRM.

River Cox

-1
River
8/20/2003 8:29:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

River,

You should be able to install MSCRM on the new server w/o deleting the
existing Org Unit & databases.  When you install, you will be asked whether
or not you want to create a new database or use an existing one.  If you
choose an existing one, it will isntall the app server and point it to that
database.

If you do want to go the uninstall route first, then the step you outlines
are the ones you need.  Dropping the DBs and deleting the org unit are
essential to doing a clean install.

HTH,
Matt

"River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I
built a windows 2003 CRM machine.

As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently
we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing
information.

However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.

Please comment on the following steps.

1. Uninstall CRM from server
2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED)
3. Build new server with same name
4. Reinstall CRM.

River Cox

-1
Matt
8/20/2003 8:45:03 PM
Is there a document that explains what can and cannot be used in a Windows
2003 Server environment? Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2000 application
server but use the active directory on Windows 2003, the Exchange Server
2003 on Windows 2003, and can the clients be using Office 2003 and Outlook
2003? If not what old Microsoft technology do you have to add to a Windows
2003, Exchange 2003, Office 2003 environment to be able to use CRM? Is there
a demonstration or Beta CRM that can be used to "save you a nickel" in a
Windows 2003 environment?

Bill Walter

"River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
> Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I
> built a windows 2003 CRM machine.
>
> As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently
> we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing
> information.
>
> However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.
>
> Please comment on the following steps.
>
> 1. Uninstall CRM from server
> 2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED)
> 3. Build new server with same name
> 4. Reinstall CRM.

> River Cox

1
Bill
8/20/2003 8:55:45 PM
ok here are the details

1 - the crm addon for outlook will not work on the office 2003 release.

2 - the crm exchange connector will not work on exchange 2003.

3 - crm should work in an active directory 2003 environment as it only adds
an OU (organizational unit) and does not actually extend the active
directory schema.

however you should know that microsoft does not support crm in a 2003
environment as yet. 2003 support is expected in a 1.2 release later this
year.

"Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a document that explains what can and cannot be used in a Windows
> 2003 Server environment? Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2000
application
> server but use the active directory on Windows 2003, the Exchange Server
> 2003 on Windows 2003, and can the clients be using Office 2003 and Outlook
> 2003? If not what old Microsoft technology do you have to add to a Windows
> 2003, Exchange 2003, Office 2003 environment to be able to use CRM? Is
there
> a demonstration or Beta CRM that can be used to "save you a nickel" in a
> Windows 2003 environment?
>
> Bill Walter
>

> "River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
> > Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I
> > built a windows 2003 CRM machine.
> >
> > As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently
> > we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing
> > information.
> >
> > However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.
> >
> > Please comment on the following steps.
> >
> > 1. Uninstall CRM from server
> > 2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED)
> > 3. Build new server with same name
> > 4. Reinstall CRM.
> >

> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > River Cox

0
John
8/20/2003 9:30:06 PM
If you accept all those limitations and add a Windows 2000 application
server with Exchange 2000, IIS and CRM Server and the clients are still
running off of Windows 2003:

1) How do you integrate the Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 to get the best
functionality?

2) Can you just replace Outlook 2003 with Outlook XP or do you have to
abandon all of the Office 2003 products?

3) Can you use CRM loaded on a 2000 Server without exchange 2000 and office
2000 integration?

Why did the Action Pack team put SBS2003 and CRM in the same package without
providing any warning that CRM cannot "save you a nickel", but rather
requires that you build an old server and install an old operating system in
order to use it.

Bill Walter

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ok here are the details
>
> 1 - the crm addon for outlook will not work on the office 2003 release.
>
> 2 - the crm exchange connector will not work on exchange 2003.
>
> 3 - crm should work in an active directory 2003 environment as it only
adds
> an OU (organizational unit) and does not actually extend the active
> directory schema.
>
> however you should know that microsoft does not support crm in a 2003
> environment as yet. 2003 support is expected in a 1.2 release later this
> year.
>

> "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a document that explains what can and cannot be used in a
Windows
> > 2003 Server environment? Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2000
> application
> > server but use the active directory on Windows 2003, the Exchange Server
> > 2003 on Windows 2003, and can the clients be using Office 2003 and
Outlook
> > 2003? If not what old Microsoft technology do you have to add to a
Windows
> > 2003, Exchange 2003, Office 2003 environment to be able to use CRM? Is
> there
> > a demonstration or Beta CRM that can be used to "save you a nickel" in a
> > Windows 2003 environment?
> >
> > Bill Walter
> >

> > "River Cox" <rdcox@usaimaging.com> wrote in message
> > > Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I
> > > built a windows 2003 CRM machine.
> > >
> > > As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently
> > > we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing
> > > information.
> > >
> > > However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.
> > >
> > > Please comment on the following steps.
> > >
> > > 1. Uninstall CRM from server
> > > 2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED)
> > > 3. Build new server with same name
> > > 4. Reinstall CRM.
> > >

> > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > River Cox

0
Bill

CRM Field Names

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

New Mailboxs
I created some mailbox with a default SMTP address, I had to change the SMTP address, I wait some time in order to ADC replication was done, in this moment the new smtp address is updated , but these users can't receive mail from internet. Message error : The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=us;a= ;p=org01;l=USLGBMAIL000608221546RCR9CRYF MSEXCH:IMS:ORG01:LongBeach:USLGBMAIL00 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipie...

Moving the highlight only. Is it possible?

Reset CRM

Save Excel on Server (Web Server IIS)
Hello, Let me explain the exact scenario. I actually want to display the Excel sheet to the user in the web. This problem is resolved I can show excel "abc.xls" in the web when user try to open that file the message box opened and ask for confirmation. After confirming he can add or modify the sheet. But when he saved that file either he has to save on the local system and then save on server or has to give full path of the server. So we are looking for the solution so that we can transparently save that file on the web without taking path of the server because ...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

DB Move
I will be moving the exchange DB from D:\ to the E:\drive where transaction logs are being hosted. I know this is not a good call but D:\ running out of disk space. Should I create a seperate folder on the E:\ drive for the DB or just move to the same folder where Transaction logs are? Advise please. Thank you. If you have to do this moving to the same folder will work. Many small business servers run this way. "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46578E2-152F-4654-9F7C-8934C4385D10@microsoft.com... > > I will be moving the...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

CRM registration can not be done!

sql server freezes excel
Hello, I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down ...

CFileDialog cannot be moved in the left mouse button on MDI title
Hi all, I has problem and enigma. MDI app was created by MFC AppWizard(exe). This MDI app displays help document by F1 Key. If F1 key is pushed without help document, CFileDialog to select Help document(.chm) file is displayed. The problem occurs by operation as follows. - Delete Help Document(.chm). - You keep clicking title bar. - You push F1 key. CFileDialog is displayed. You notice that CFileDialog window cannot be moved. Would someone please help with this issue? I want to know the issue and solution. -Dev Env- Windows XP(32bit), VC6.0 SP6 -- Define -- CMainFrame class defines WinHe...

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

Saving Files to SQL Server
I have an application written in Access 2003 using linked tables to SQL Server 2000. I need to code an Access form to upload files (i.e. .pdf, .doc, .xls, .txt, etc.) to SQL Server and I've never done this before. Can someone please point me to some sample Access code that will take a file and save it to the (SQL Server) database? Thank you! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...