CRM to CRM transfer using DTS and DMF

I am trying to load my data into the CDF tables

I have DTS package configured to go from the original CRM ContactBase table to cdf_mscrm\cdf_Contact table.  I unmap the attributes that aren't migrated as stated in DetailedDataPlanning.xls and I am getting this error and can't get around it.  I have searched the web and the documentation provides no help at all (MICROSOFT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE DMF GUIDE BETTER

Here is the error I get
Error Source: MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Serve

Error Description: The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified
The statement has been terminated
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ContactId', table 'cdf_mscrm.dbo.cdf_Contact'; column does not allow nulls.  INSERT fails

I can see the problem that ContactId is a primary key and you cannot have nulls for it but how do you fix it?!?!  I can't map it because the original ContactId is a GUID of 16 characters

Help

Thanks

Jason
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jason,

You either need to assign a value for this field yourself, or I think the column
is defined as an identity field so it should populate itself if you do not
specify the column in the DTS.

Be aware though that you will need to put any user defined fields into the _ext
table and the value for this field obviously needs ot be in synch between these
tables.  There is a trigger on the base table that should populate the _ext for
you.

Matt Parks

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:31:14 -0700, "Jason C" <Jason.Cornell (at) eci.gsu.edu>
wrote:

I am trying to load my data into the CDF tables.

I have DTS package configured to go from the original CRM ContactBase table to
cdf_mscrm\cdf_Contact table.  I unmap the attributes that aren't migrated as
stated in DetailedDataPlanning.xls and I am getting this error and can't get
around it.  I have searched the web and the documentation provides no help at
all (MICROSOFT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE DMF GUIDE BETTER)

Here is the error I get:
Error Source: MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Error Description: The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.
The statement has been terminated.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ContactId', table
'cdf_mscrm.dbo.cdf_Contact'; column does not allow nulls.  INSERT fails.

I can see the problem that ContactId is a primary key and you cannot have nulls
for it but how do you fix it?!?!  I can't map it because the original ContactId
is a GUID of 16 characters.

Help!

Thanks.

Jason

0
Matt
4/6/2004 7:15:09 PM
Okay I have gotten past importing the data into the cdf database.  Now I am attempting to do a test and I am getting the following error which I cannot figure out.  I don't know what parent cannot be empty.  The Parent ID is there and not null

4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Processing entity: CustomerAddres
4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Entering Correlat
4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Starting migration phas
4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Test Batch Count = 1
4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Creating objec
4/6/2004 - 6:40:44 PM -- Recording migration statu

Any suggestions on how to get by this error

Thanks

Jason

Use of italics changes line spacing
Running MS Publisher 2002 SP3 on WinXP Pro... When I lay out text in columns, I try to line up the text in adjacent columns. However, when a few lines of text in normal style are italized, the leading (i.e., line spacing) changes within the italized text, messing up the alignment. It is tedious and sometimes not possible to realighn text correctly. Any suggestions? If you think it would be worth it you could change the line spacing under the Format menu. -- Don Vancouver USA "J Birch" <JBirch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1212CE03-D8C5-47CF-BE5D-...

Problem with services calendar
Hi, Since a few days, I am not able to get access to the services calendar with the CRM web interface. I get the message : "recording non available" as you can see in the attached picture http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/13/08/02/00/erreur10.png When I tried to reach the calendar directly on the server, an ASP warning is generated > ID : 1309 / Source : ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 I found a hotfix which seems (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941386/en-us) to correct this bug, but it is impossible to install. So, I do not know any more what to do, and where to search in order to corre...

Creating a Stationary Style in Outlook by Using Publisher
I have been trying to create a page using Publisher 2000 which I can use as my default personal e-mail page. However when I try to send it to another email address it is not received as the original web page I created in Publisher. The 1st time I sent the message said I sent the page as an attachment although I didn't sent it as an attachment. The second time I tried to save the Publisher created page as a web page format and received a bunch of numbers and letters when it was received on the other end. Finally, is it possible to create a stationary style in Outlook using a Pu...

how to diable a service from using a certain port
I have an exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server. I am trying to make IIS use port 8000 for OWA, but for some reason it says that another process is using it. How do I tell what application/process is using port 8000. And then how to remove that process from using that port. thanks pete You can use this utility to see TCP endpoints on your system... http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A36D1363-1315-490B-AFAC-129ABB920F3E@microsoft.com... >I have an exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server...

CRM should provide a total record count when in a list view
When viewing any list view (leads, contacts, accts etc), MSCRM currently does not provide a total record count for all the records in the list. It only tells you the number records on that page. You have to go through all the screens and count them manually. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

How to use WS_SIZEBOX in vista
This is pretty irritating . I'm unable to create a resizable using WS_SIZEBOX style GUI on windows vista . Weather it is working very fine in older version of windows operating system like xp or NT. Plz some one cud help me short out this problem ..i will be thxful to him/her thx in advance Do you have the WS_THICKFRAME on ? Without it, I doubt if the WS_SIZEBOX works. -Seetharam ...

What port should I open in my firewall to reach Exchnange for CRM
Hello people, We have a couple of servers in our domain, that all have their individual Windows firewall turned on. To make the connectivity between them possible, I open every individual port as necessary. While I install CRM 3.0 on server A with Exchange being on server B, I get an error during the installation process that my Exchange server cannot be found. This sure has to be a firewall issue - when I turn of the firewall on server B, the error goes away and I can continue the installation. I tried opening port 25, but that did not resolve my problem during installation. Can anyo...

All emails being tracked in CRM when they should not be...
Anyone see this before? I have a client that is finding all emails being tracked in CRM even though his Personal Options in the Outlook client are set to only track email messages with a CRM token? Any ideas on what is causing this? Thanks, -Rick ...

Open CRM Object from CRM Task in SFO
Hello Group! I can create a CRM Task in SFO and set a reminder. When the time comes, the task pops up in my outlook reminder window. From there I can open the task and the task is linked to a CRM object using the regarding field (e.g. to an account). Is there anyway to open the object (account) defined in regarding directly from the task? With kind regards Kai ...

can't use outlook through hotmail account
Outlook will not communicate with my hotmail service. I have played with the settings from where they used to be and followed the advice of Hotmail Help. Which has gotten me a second Hotmail folder "Hotmail 1" that doesn't work either. I am using Optonline cable service modem and cable. A LAN I suppose. I get a message that Outlook is unable to connect to outgoing SMTP email server and told to contact the server administrator, easier said than done apparently. It also questions if my port and SSL settings are correct and directs me to Advanced (yeah right) settings...

CRM 4.0 through ISA 2006
Hi, We are using CRM 4.0 (Update Rollup 4) through ISA 2006. The CRM server has been configured to IFD mode. All of our network traffic goes through this ISA server. We have noticed that CRM usage via browser is very slow and started doing some network investigation. Fiddler trace timeline shows very well why CRM page load times are so bad. It seems that different packages are loaded "serially". In other words the timeline shows that previous package has arrived to the client before the next package load is started. We have tried for testing purposes bypassing the ISA server and th...

Parameter query for a combo box using form field only works first
I have a combo box with a query as data source. The query uses a parameter that is also a combo box on the same form. When I first open the form the query works fine using the ap[pripriate value from the combo box above, but when I subsequently change the parameter combo box and then retry to populate the combo box with the query it's not pulling in the new parameter value - do I need to refresh the form somehow? How could I do that? This is the record source for my combo box: SELECT tblUWLookup.Underwriter FROM tblUWLookup WHERE (((tblUWLookup.Region)=[Forms]![frmPolicyInfo]![Reg...

Track in CRM (outlook client) bug
1)Click on an email in Outlook (v 2003 sp 2) 2)Click Track in CRM 3)Click Regarding and fill in 4)Click View in CRM 5)To: field - Email is assigned to ALL contacts instead of the user and an activity is created Hi Jeff, I cannot follow your repro steps. After I do step 3, I don't see a 'view in crm' button. Rather the button still says 'Track in CRM' because the email hasn't been sent. Are you sending the email before doing step 4? Thanks. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jeff Metcal...

CRM disaster recovery?
Has anyone experienced this yet? We had a situation were our CRM OU was deleted in a single DC enviroment and the backup tapes were corrupted. We could never reconnect CRM because the GUID's did'nt match. Does anyone know of a workaround? MS didn't when we contacted them at the time. BTW.....Why does there seem to be a lot of post in this NG not related to CRM? Eric CRM is tied to the Active Directory sa you have found. If any problems occur with AD this can cause major problems with CRM and at the moment there is no way around it. I guess the reason we get so many off to...

using the ThreadPool
Hi! At the end is text from the e-learning. I just made a check I started 100 threads from the Threadpool and used a very long sleep for each one and it worked to create at least 100 threads. So what the text say about 25 is that wrong perhaps ? There is a limit of 25 threads in a thread pool; therefore, even if you start 50 threads, only 25 threads will be executed at a given time. As soon as a thread finishes, another thread that was waiting for an idle thread in the pool can start. //Tony On 14-05-2010 20:15, Tony Johansson wrote: > At the end is text from the...

Outlook error: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM cannot go online....
"Microsoft Dynamics CRM cannot go online.The Microsoft Dynamics CRM server was not found" I get this message when I push the Go Online button. No errors in event viewer. Nothing wrong with other users - so server side is OK how can I put the CRM Outlook klient to logging more information or something. I I'll run the configure Wizard again everithing starts to work for some time but I loose all my changes (1 week of sales tasks) and I can't afford that. How to troubleshoot this... ...

CRM 1.2 Install error
Hi I have Windows2003 Servers for AD, SQL and IIS. After meeting the minimum specification I get as far as nominating the user accounts- after clicking next I get: 'Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases.' in a dialogue box and the setup stops there. I have tried numerous things - installing CRM on different servers - new SQL installs - I can't get any further. I am installing 1.2 in a UK locale. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Paul... ...

How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP connectivity
Dear Experts, Problem Description: How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP connectivity within outlook express to search in a specific folder in the Active directory not all the Active directory. Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Hewlett-Packard, HP d330 uT(DZ007A) Thankx "Akkad" <amr.akkad@gbrands.com> wrote in news:7f2f01c4959a$5f44e7b0 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP > connectivity within outlook express to searc...

Use query results to copy files?
Hi, I have a query that returns results like: Name: ID: Picture ID File Name: Bob 1234 bobs_id_pic.jpg Tina 5678 tinas_id_pic.jpg .... Is there a way to use these results to (automatically) copy all the id_pics to another folder (assuming all ID pics are in the same folder)? Thanks! Yes, but it's not a trivial task. You would have to open a recordset on the query results and then use the file system object to do the copying. If there aren't too many, it will be quicker to do it manually. -Dorian "Gary" wrote: > Hi, I have a qu...

crystal, data entry errors after install of 3.0 CRM
I installed CRM software. If i am on the machine and use the http://localhost:5555 everything works fine. When i go through network, log on as an added CRM user i 1. My crystal report does not come up, says could not display page 2. when i add/delete/modify data, it prompts me for username, password, plus hangs IE for about 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks bob rkbevis@rkneal.com ...

questionnaire for crm
i am doing my thesis at the university of Athens in "CRM in Greek retail banking". i would like to ask if anyone knows any sites which have questionnaires about CRM to send me the sites. or if someone has any on-line questionnaires in CRM to send them to me. my E-mail adress is ARISMANIA73@HOTMAIL.COM thank u all. LEONIDAS your best bet would be to try to contact some greek banks and see if you can talk to anyone who has or is in the process of deploying a CRM solution. Note the technology they have used is irrelevant, I would think you are looking to understand why crm is...

Using a listbox to populate data for a bound form
I have a bound form to a member table in my Access 2003 DB. The user needs to be able to search members by last name and select the desired record to view/edit. I used an unbound listbox to successfully display the records returned based on the user search. I used a recordset object in VB code to get and display the data for the listbox. When a user clicks on a record in the listbox, I want to the form to automatically go to and display the selected record. Am I on the right track here? If so, how can I set the current record on the form to the selected record in the list box? I co...

An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality
I have been through post after post trying to get this fixed - any assistance would be appreciated. This is a new install of Microsoft CRM. The web client works fine - no authentication needed and it works as it should. I am using Outlook 2007 and when I launch it I receive the above error. This error stems from the add-in not loading since I do not recieve it if I remove the crmaddin from the Outlook startup. I have tried removing it and then adding it back with no success. The only thing that I can come up with is that this client is on a terminal server. I have run all of the service p...

AA error when integrating Bank Trx using IM
When I am using IM to import Bank Trx into GP 10, I get the following error msg: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.AAG10000' with unique index 'AK2AAG10000'. But the transaction goes through. When I void the bank transaction thru GP, I get another error message: "..... aagCreateVoidedRecordInGLForBR.... DBMS: 2601, Microsoft Dynamics GP :2601". But the transaction is voided. How do I get rid of these messages? Thanks. Regards, Saras ...

CRM Toolbar disappearing
Hi One of our clients has the V3C Outlook client installed on a machine with Windows XP and Office 2007. The problem is that in Microsoft Outlook the 'Microsoft CRM' toolbar keeps Disappearing then Reappearing periodically. Any ideas what could be causing this. Thanks Doc ...