CRM Small Business Edition running on Windows 2003 Server.

Hi all
I would like to know if MS CRM Small Business edition will run on a standard
Windows 2003 Server. I have SQL 2000 installed and running on a seperate
server and could install SQL 2005 on another server if required.

Any ideas as to getting CRM small business to run w/o installing Windows
2003 Small Business Server would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Mark S.

0
Mark
3/1/2006 4:38:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mark,

CRM 3.0 SBE will only install in Small Business Server.

Mitch
To my knowledge this cannot be done due to licence restrictions. To use
the SBS edition of CRM it needs to run on SBS. The only possibility
(and no promises) would be to make an SBS server your primary domain
controller, then your win 2003 servers member servers. But by the time
you have done that and recreated your AD on the SBS box, it is probably
cheaper to just pay the extra for the MS CRM professional licences. :)

0
DerekH
3/2/2006 2:22:28 PM
You might also find that the installer will fail because of the OS Version.

"DerekH" <derek.hughes@power.net.au> wrote in message
> To my knowledge this cannot be done due to licence restrictions. To use
> the SBS edition of CRM it needs to run on SBS. The only possibility
> (and no promises) would be to make an SBS server your primary domain
> controller, then your win 2003 servers member servers. But by the time
> you have done that and recreated your AD on the SBS box, it is probably
> cheaper to just pay the extra for the MS CRM professional licences. :)

0
Glenn

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

when I try to run detect and repair, windows installer comes up
and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and win xp pro You can also insert your CD, start setup and choose Repair then. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:u0nlBvBsEHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > and asks for the office cd, however when I put it in, it never loads , so > how do I run it??? I have office 2000 and ...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Can not edit excel webpage
I have several on our intranet excel files that I have saved as web pages. Some of our users are able to edit these pages but when they go to file, they don't always have the "Edit with Microsoft Excel" option. Some times if you go in & back out of the worksheet (html) file, you will get that option. What do I need to do to have that option show up every time? TIA ...

CRM registration can not be done!

Windows Live Messenger Login Screen problem
Hi All Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type in my email address and password the font has become so small that it is impossible to read. Does anyone have any ideas how to restore it's normal size? I would enclose a screen grab to display this but I don't think I can on this site. Many thanks Timboya;1234807 Wrote: > Hi All > > Wonder if anyone can help me. When ever my login screen pops up to type > in > my email address and password the font has become so small that it is > impossible to read. Does anyone...

Excel 2003 Professional Edition - Exporting XML Data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D204.7A9B0B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have optional elements in my schema. Presently, if the cells mapped = to the attributes of the optional elements are left blank, the elements = are written with "0" as the attribute (see example below). However, I = want the optional elements ("Element1" and "Element2" in the example = below) to be omitted from the exported XML file. For example I get ... <Properti...

modal popup window
I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I remember it being tricky and somewhat complicated when it comes to modal dialog boxes. I guess what I'm trying to do is create a tooltip kind of window. It shows up, is topmost, and automatically hides when it's done. I am not using MFC and don't want to subclass from any existing control. I registered my own windows class with its own WndProc. The class is CTip. It's created like this by the parent: if (bError) { CTip* p = new CTip; p->m_bAutoDelete = TRUE; p->Create(m_hWnd, _T("An error occurred...

Get blank IE window when I go to link
Been using Outlook Express 5.0. No problems to recently. When I go to hit a link in an e-mail it just comes up a blank IE screen. Does not even say done. Tried dowloading and installing 6.0 but no difference. I use an ISP, Windowns '98 SE, Pentium3, 128mb ram 10gb hard drive. Have scaned disk and defraged. Spent 8 hours and still no luck. So I am here. Dell ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Cannot run Microsoft published on my machine
All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! And cannot get updates from the update site. You cannot d/l from this publisher on this machine. I have already added microsoft update to the trusted zone. Any ideas? winxp sp3 Sue By the way: there WAS a windows re-install on this machine..... "Sue J Thomas" <sueastro@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OGteOia$KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden I am getting this dialog when I try to d/l from msft! > And cannot get updates from the update site. > ...

PDF's not traking in crm

OE6 to Outlook 2003
Does anyone know a good source for help on migrating from OE6 to Outlook 2003 ? I had a plethora of problems and error messages when I tried to migrate as part of my installation of Office 2003, and now I am desperately trying to get my email working as it did before the migration. I could really use s step-by-step guide to migrating from OE6 to Outlook 2003. If you post the problems you are having, perhaps it would take less time than trying to provide you with a tutorial. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN ...

Crm grid error

Window Live Mail contact category
When I had outlook express, i separated my friends that I emailed all the time from the ones that don't like getting the pass around emails. On windows live I put my emails in. Created a category and moved the ones I wanted in to each one. Now when I go to email, it has my category name halfway down the list for the first one, then part of my names are under my other list. What am I doing wrong? Can we not click on whichever list we want to choose our persons to email to? I really miss my Outlook Express. -- need help Why are you looking for a name? Start typing the cat...

Saving Files to SQL Server
I have an application written in Access 2003 using linked tables to SQL Server 2000. I need to code an Access form to upload files (i.e. .pdf, .doc, .xls, .txt, etc.) to SQL Server and I've never done this before. Can someone please point me to some sample Access code that will take a file and save it to the (SQL Server) database? Thank you! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...