CRM should have document templates and document generation

1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside
CRM.
2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client.
3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached.
4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dd560f66-ff52-4048-b3d3-d01004dc7451&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Jeff,

If you are searching for a solution of your problems, we developed a MS CRM
Add-On which address exactly your described problems.
With WordMailMerge for MS CRM 3 you can generate letters (from templates)
for clients from
nearyl every MS CRM Entity and a "letter activity" will be created with the
attached document.
This functionality is available from MS Word and the Web Client to.

There are many more features, if you are interested you can download a trial
at www.mscrm-addons.com.

regards
Christian Ternek
___________________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
    GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
    Related Documents   for MSCRM
    WordMailMerge        for MSCRM

> 1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates
> inside
> CRM.
> 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a
> client.
> 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached.
> 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> the "I
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
> follow this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dd560f66-ff52-4048-b3d3-d01004dc7451&dg=mic
> rosoft.public.crm

0
Christian
1/25/2006 7:16:47 PM
Unbelievable that it does not do this out of the box! What are (aren't) they
thinking? Thanks for the add in.

"Jeff" wrote:

> 1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside
> CRM.
> 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client.
> 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached.
> 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dd560f66-ff52-4048-b3d3-d01004dc7451&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Printer only prints emails, not word documents.
I have a Canon S500 printer that just started having printing problems. It will only print emails. I have tried Word documents and other areas with no luck. Any help? Just a guess, but some printer drivers use composite colour to print - and Word has a symbiotic relationship with the driver that other applications, such as your e-mail application don't have. If the colour cartridges are depleted the printer may well not print blacl text. Check also that your Word text is not formatted as hidden. If not that, try re-installing or updating your printer driver. -- &l...

Documentation on Dynamics application object
I am accessing the Dynamics application object (Dynamics.Application) from VBA and am looking for documentation on the usage of parameters to the ..GetDataValue() method. Where can I find the documentation for this method as well as for the object in general? Thanks I think you're looking at an object in the Continuum API. If you check your Great Plains CD (CD2 I believe), you'll find Continuum API documentation in PDF format. The Application object should be described there. Steve "Reid Hopkins" wrote: > I am accessing the Dynamics application object (Dynamics.App...

CRM Field Names

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Shipping document #2
Hi, I am using GP 10 with the Country/Region Selection as United States. Since I have a peculiar requirement for shipping documents. I came to know regarding German Shipping documents which will suit my requirement exactly, but it requires Germany as Country/Region Selection. Is there anyway to use this Germany shipping documents eventhough my installation is United States? Anyone has that chunk file which will work in United States installation? Thanks in advance. Madan ...

Trying to open a blank document
Every time I open Word a particular document opens with it. I seem to be unable to open a blank document. I deleted the document that appears every time I open Word and still that same document is there when I open Word and /or a new blank page on Word. Any advice on how to correct this? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Chairlady1" <Chairlady1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7D6D85F-9ED4-4D23-944A-8A977F9F672A@microsoft.com... > Every time I open Word a particular docum...

CRM registration can not be done!

Migrating CRM to CRM

PDF's not traking in crm

Crm grid error

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

How do I enlarge chart size in document?
I have a chart that I made on Excel.. it is now shrunken (in font size)... when I go to print preview. How do I enlarge the entirew document, restoring it to a normal size... please help. Two things that might help 1. Under Format chart area> Font, uncheck the Auto Scale box 2. Set your view at 100% >-----Original Message----- >I have a chart that I made on Excel.. it is now shrunken (in font size)... >when I go to print preview. How do I enlarge the entirew document, restoring >it to a normal size... please help. >. > ...

downloading PPT templates from Microsoft
when I click on get "More themes from Microsoft Online" I am taken directly to the page; but told I don't have PPT 2007 installed in my computer or I need the newest DirectX. I DO have 2007 installed (as a single piece - I also have the 2003 suite); and I have upded the DirectX and the downloads still don't work. Any thoughts? Along the same line, every time I start PPT 2007 my computer tries to install PPT 2003 - and this is really a time-consuming process to make it stop - I usually have the best luck with task manager and "end program" - but t...

Announcements in Crm
Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as there is no workflow for announcements. is there any way to intergrate a ticker at the bottom of Crm to show information? not without making unsupported changes to the announcement section. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Zombie9" <Zombie9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ED5A80-84DE-42E3-BDD2-9D25CD846E93@microsoft.com... > Can u set it that announcements shows to all users when they log on,as > there > is no w...

Import Error CRM 3.0 German
I am running German version of CRM 3.0 and for testing purposes we're trying to import just 6 adresses from an Excel sheet. But every import fails with the message: "Daten in der Zeile stimmen nicht mit dem Importtyp überein" "0x8004032d" We already reformatted the Excel sheet, we exported the stuff into: - txt, tabulator-splitted - csv, splitcharacter splitted, everythings fails, we are nor able to import those adresses into register "company" (Firma) Someone got an idea why? Thanks in advance for any hint, greets Tom hi Tom, check your datatype, is...

CRM undelete?
We had a user who deleted an entire account, and so now I'm trying to rebuild that since it all remains on SQL. I was able to bring back the account, and all its contacts and opportunities, and they all linked fine. I also brought back all the activities, but they are not linked to the account. When I do an advanced search, I can find this activities and it shows that it IS part of that account, but when I go to that account and look in the history, they are not there. After a quick check, apparently they need to be associated in the ActivityPartyBase table in MSCRM. This is where I hav...