CRM Server 3.0 setup SHGETFolder Path failed failed

Hi,
i have a big problem since 2 days. I am new in MS CRM. I want to setup
on my PC.
But i coulnt install it. Started the installer under the server logged
in as a domain admin,or Administrators.. I got the error as below:

"SHGETFolder Path failed failed.
For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and
settings\administrator.mainoffice\application
data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log"

Could you help me. What is that? and how can solve this error?
Thank you
Serkan

0
sozden55
6/21/2006 1:28:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

POS 2.0
Hello again, Is there a way to assign a sales rep to a sale on POS 2.0? I need to calculate commissions - the "Daily Sales by Employee" report uses the cashier information. I noticed that the "TransactionEntry" table contains a SalesRepID column, but I don't see where to set it in the POS screen. Being able to assign a sales rep to each line item is exactly what I need! Thank you! hi Johann, Currently I am waiting for my POS2.0 and using 1.3 version but for your information both the version has transaction level things similar. There is way to assign the sale...

How to find out the path where the exe is located?
I have to create a file in the directory where the program itself is located, but I cannot find any function that would give the path. Any suggestion? I only find things that give the path of the current directory, but that is no good.... Thanks. ZPenzes "ZPenzes" <zpenzes@yahoo.com> wrote in news:3fb553b6@andromeda.datanet.hu: > I have to create a file in the directory where the program itself is > located, but I cannot find any function that would give the path. Any > suggestion? I only find things that give the path of the current > directory, but that is ...

Outlook 2000 hangs #3
Hi there, I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2000. I configured my mailbox settings but when I go to start Outlook, the program just hangs. The same thing happens when I view Outlook Properties and select the Delivery tab. Does anyone know what might be causing this? You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best i...

badly need some help on CRM customization
Hi badly need some help on CRM customization. I need to add an additional account lookup field to the sold product. We sell software and we need to track end users (40% of buyers aren't the end users), so i want to be able to set an end user (to attach an account) to each product in the order. Yes I know that 1.2 doesn't support custom lookup fields but i need to transfer all of the data from our current customer database and i want it to be accessible from one interface. I wonder if i can create a field in the SalesOrderDetail table to store accountid (uniqueidentifier type), map i...

CRM Dropdowns
Is it possible to add entries to the drop downs on some ofn the crm forms? Such as the Industry, Ownership, Payment terms etc. Yes, just use the form editor (you need to be logged in as a user with sufficient rights and a licence) Regards Rob Bakkers Accenture Go to System Forms Custimization, edit fields and add value in the values ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

What version are you expecting CRM to be "Prime Time Ready"?
I am still a little weary of the product when comparing to SalesLogix or some other mid-market offerings. It seems to clugy (sp) when you get into anything more than Account-Contact-Opportunity management. One of the other things I am having a real issue with is only being able to associate and activity with one object. When do you think CRM will be ready for prime time? I have no doubt it can dominate the mid-market, I think it is only a matter of time and effort. I am predicting the first dot release after 2. Jake Jake, Microsoft's typical product development life cycle follow...

Email from CRM showing sender's email address, not display name
We recently installed CRM 4.0 as an upgrade from 3.0. When an email activity is generated and sent, the resulting email in Outlook only shows the senders email address in the From field, not the Display Name. As a matter of fact, the display name is not even included in the message header. We are using the CRM Email Router to send using SMTP. This happens whether the email is from a User or Queue. Anyone seen this yet? Is this a CRM issue or an Exhange issue. I seen it and then it disappeared :) publish the email router again . are you generating email through workflow? send emai...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Select SQL Server During Installation
Hi, I am installing MS CRM in this environment: - SBS 2000 SP3 with SQL 2000 SP3 + Excahnge + Domain Controller - I want to install MS CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Machine added to the SBS Domains. The user who is doing the installation is member of the domains admins and entreprise admins. It is important to note that we have an instance of SQL Server called BKUPEXEC. The following Services on the sql server are running: SQLAGENT$BKUPEXEC : MSSQLSERVER$BKUPEXEC Question 1: Is the following architecture supported? SBS (DC + SQL + Exchange) on one server. MS CRM on another server (win2003) added...

GP 10.0 Certifications
Hi: I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Installation & Configuration and other in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Financials. That was one the requisite to become a reseller for GP 9.0. I want to know if I need these two certifications for GP 10.0 to become a reseller for GP 10.00. Thank you Valentin Its been my experience that they grandfather in some of the older versions - you should be ok with your GP 9.0 certs to cell GP 10.0 "Valentin PR" wrote: > Hi: > I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynami...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3
Thank you! That did the trick. -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266960 ...

Counting #3
How do I count the number of entries in a column so that duplicat entries are only counted once -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi If you have a look at Chip Pearson's web site (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm) you will find the following: --- Counting Unique Entries In A Range To count the number of unique entries in the list, use the following array formula: =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(Range1)>0,MATCH(Range1,Range1,0),""), IF(LEN(Range1)>0,MATCH(Range1,Range1,0),""))>0,1)) This will return the number of unique entries in Range1...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Common OWA name space without a Font end server
After months of planning, purchasing and installing several Exchange 2003 servers I have come to the unfortunate realization that I need a Front end / Back end server architecture in order to have a common URL for my internet OWA clients to check there mail. I have multiple E2k3 servers hosting my users mailboxes but I would like my internet users to go to a common URL to get to their own OWA. I undersand the security advantages with a Front end / Back end architecture but did not realize that a common external URL would not be possible. Is this true? This was not the case with exchang...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...

Running CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0 on the same server
I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and want to know if it is possible to run both on the same server concurrently. I currently have a test CRM 3.0 set up and would like to install and run CRM 4.0 in a second data base on the same SQL Server and Web Server. Is this possible? Al Pemberton CRM uses Active Directory to link the users in and create security groups, especially CRM3. I would not do this. "Al Pemberton" wrote: > I am in the process of testing conversion from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and > want to know if it is possible to run both on t...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

change a table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table)
Hi, I am looking forward to your inputs, I have a table, here is a sample: Dept1 Dept2 Dept3 Dept4 Div1 1 2 3 4 Div2 5 6 7 8 Div3 9 10 11 12 How can I change the above table to 3 columns only (Rows instead of Table): Div1 Dept1 1 Div1 Dept2 2 Div1 Dept3 3 Div1 Dept4 4 Div2 Dept1 5 Div2 Dept2 6 Div2 Dept3 7 Div2 Dept4 8 Div3 Dept1 9 Div3 Dept2 10 Div3 Dept3 11 Div3 Dept4 12 The table I have is huge, doing the above manually will be very time consuming. Thanks Mo Hi see your other posts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mo wrote: > Hi, > > I am lookin...

Can not receive attachment files in emails sending by CRM
My clients said that "Their customers can receive their emails sent from CRM Web application but can not receive the attachment files in those emails. This problem does not exist if they use Microsoft Outlook to send emails" When I test this case by sending emails with attachment files by CRM web application to my clients, my clients can receive all of them, emails and attachment files in those emails. What happen with it? And how to solve this problem? I am looking forward to your ideas. Thank you. Hi, Did anyone mention the size of the attachments? (This maximum size can be ...

GP10 with Server & SQL 2008
The server is running perfectly. Trying to get client workstations connected and I am getting this error on examination of the testBCP file resaults in: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Connection is not enabled for BCP Derek, If your OS and SQL Server are 64-bit versions, take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$918983&wa=wsignin1.0 Specifically, you will want to check the ODBC configuration options. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglob...

Print preview #3
Hi, I have a sheet which has many columns. When I use PRINT PREVIEW, I didn't see the columns lines. However, when I print it out, it looks ok. Please tell me what happened to the sheet and how I can fix it. Thank you Loi ...

Backup of Exchange Server
I am getting following error while backing the Microsoft Information Store. What might be the problem. Backup started on 27-Dec-04 at 5:30 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. What are you using to back up Exchange? 3rd party software (Veritas...

Password #3
Hi, I have forgotten the password I put for a excel statement I created. Can some one help me open this file? Thanks Kasey ...

4.0 Workflow
I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets deleted. I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who deleted it. The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email. Is there a way I can accomplish what I want? Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the databas...