CRM Reporting Services error

While I did search for an answer to this, I came across a single thread that
started out as if it were going to answer my question and then just went off
into left field. I'm currently trying to install CRM 3.0 and this is on a
server with Server 2K3, SP1 with SQL Server 2K5. I've made it through most of
the install but it stops when verifying information. The error I get is
similar to what DougTX is reporting in the post SQL RS. The error I have is
Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server name/Default Web
Site/ReportServer/global.asax was not found. I'll admit that I am in no way
an SQL guru and I believe that my lack of knowledge there is part of the
problem. If anyone knows of a solution, I would be more than greatful to
learn.
Thanks..
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The Report Server url should be along the lines of
http://servername/reportserver/

Also plug the address into a web browser, you should recieve some text
about sql reporting services. If you cant get that, you need to find
out exactly what your reporting services url is.

Derek

ADP Comm wrote:
> While I did search for an answer to this, I came across a single thread that
> started out as if it were going to answer my question and then just went off
> into left field. I'm currently trying to install CRM 3.0 and this is on a
> server with Server 2K3, SP1 with SQL Server 2K5. I've made it through most of
> the install but it stops when verifying information. The error I get is
> similar to what DougTX is reporting in the post SQL RS. The error I have is
> Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server name/Default Web
> Site/ReportServer/global.asax was not found. I'll admit that I am in no way
> an SQL guru and I believe that my lack of knowledge there is part of the
> problem. If anyone knows of a solution, I would be more than greatful to
> learn.
> Thanks..

0
DerekH
9/15/2006 10:05:09 AM
Did you install SRS 2005 before starting the CRM install? If not, you need

"ADP Comm" <ADPComm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While I did search for an answer to this, I came across a single thread
> that
> started out as if it were going to answer my question and then just went
> off
> into left field. I'm currently trying to install CRM 3.0 and this is on a
> server with Server 2K3, SP1 with SQL Server 2K5. I've made it through most
> of
> the install but it stops when verifying information. The error I get is
> similar to what DougTX is reporting in the post SQL RS. The error I have
> is
> Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://server name/Default Web
> Site/ReportServer/global.asax was not found. I'll admit that I am in no
> way
> an SQL guru and I believe that my lack of knowledge there is part of the
> problem. If anyone knows of a solution, I would be more than greatful to
> learn.
> Thanks..

0
Peter

Run Time Error 429 05-10-10
Hi Guys, I developed an access 2003 program, is working fine in all stations but 1, I am getting a Run Time Error 429 – Active component can’t create object, the error is in this command: Set db = CurrentDb This computer has installed Access 2003. I would really appreciate if someone may help me wilt this. Thanks Sounds as though there's a problem with the references on that machine. Open any code module, then select Tools | References from the menu bar. Examine all of the selected references. If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front...

Print ACCESS 2003 report via VB6 Application
Hi Good Guys, I need your help. Please help me. My office is still using VB6 SP6 software and ACCESS 2003 Database. I am trying print ACCESS 2003 report with VB6 application and I constantly get the POPUP Screen of SECURITY WARNING from ACCESS 2003 which created problems for the users. How to stop the POPUP SECURITY WARNING SCREEN for happening. Here are the overall VB6 coding. Option Explicit Dim objAccess As Access.Application Dim dbName As String Dim rptName As String Dim strSql As String Private Sub Form_Load() Set objAccess = New Access.Application ...

Account Overview report issue?
Hi, I am trying to run the Account Overview report (open an Account, run the report from there). It chugs over it for a second or two, then I get the following 2 errors: Error: subreport could not be shown. Note: The maximum number of accounts in this report cannot exceed 10. The account I am running this on does not have any subaccounts and has a total of 4 contacts. Has anyone seen similar errors with this report? Thanks for any help... Jon DearJon What language are you running in? Is your environment SQL 2005? Go to the Reports section and look at the "Hidden" repor...

CRM Field Names

Outlook error when typing a message
I get the follow error with outlook 2000 on a WinXP platform. "The messaging interface has returend an unknown error" Please assist ...

Deleted Items report?
Is there a report that shows the items which were Deleted as well as the cashier who Deleted these items and the date? No there isn't. There is a table that lists deleted records and which table they're from, but no specifics other than date of deletion and record id of the deleted item - which serves no purpose because if you go looking for details for that id in the source table you can't find it because it's been - can you guess? - yup , deleted. (g) Rick Brown DataBasics "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46FF0032-...

CListCtrl::HitTest reports Items under header bar
Hi! When I do a HitTest() from within OnDragOver() there are several things that make no sense. 1) When I drag a file over the column headers in LVS_REPORT style, HitTest() reports real list items that are hidden under the header bar, rather than -1. When the list is scrolled to the top, it reports Item 0 as being under the header making its hit area twice as big as other items. 2) When I return DROPEFFECT_NONE from OnDragOver() I get the copy plus sign. OH! I found this one, I had DragAcceptFiles(TRUE) in OnCreate(). So, This one is fixed by removing it. (Left here for other readers.) ...

selecting which email service to send from
In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account it is possible to select from which account a particular message is sent from. How can this same choice be made from Outlook 2000? -- obsidian Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "obsidian" <obsidia...

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

CRM 3.0 and CRM 4.0

Organizational Settings in CRM 3.0

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

CRM and MapPoint

Reset CRM

Z Report to not print departments with zero sales
Hello All! How do I amend a z report to not print departments if the sales are zero. We have 192 departments but only a the sales seem to fall in a small portion... Thanks. And thanks for all the help I've received...your suggestions have made this much more bearable for me! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0621_01C7AECC.0F55A160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ZCSF, Download one from here, all the way at the bottom = http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 J...

Vista CRM 3.0 Desktop client

Mobile sync crashes Information Store service
Folks WM5 sync produces a 9673 event to be logged, crashing the Information Store service. Description in the event log: An exception with code 0xc00000fd was thrown in module C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll; some parameters and their values were <Exception address - 7e840fdb>. A significant section of the call stack is in the data section. Fully patched E2K3 SP2 on Win2K3 SP1 OWA works fine - well - while the IS is up, but OMA is broken somewhere... Service restarts happily each time, and I've set the recovery options on the service to restart after one minute, but my (inter...

CRM registration can not be done!

File in Use Error
Hello, I have a excel spreadsheet with two worksheets, each of which connects to the same Access database via an ODBC connection to retrieve data. The worksheets have different data and are pulling from different tables in access. I was able to do this without any problem but since I am the owner and creator for both files I did not forsee any problems. Now I need another individual to do this task but when they open the excel file they get 'File in Use :|' error. The person has read, write, modify and excute rights to the database. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Sini ...

Migrating CRM to CRM

Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to prov
Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to provide excellent customer service and a successful sale at the right price. www.shopndiscount.com ...